• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Oh but they have found data of Wolf right?
I think the only one is that he was planned, something like where he would go in the roster list, something complicated. I'm pretty sure the data dump thread in the rumors and leaks group has it,but you need to be invited in order to view it.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I think the only one is that he was planned, something like where he would go in the roster list, something complicated. I'm pretty sure the data dump thread in the rumors and leaks group has it,but you need to be invited in order to view it.
If that is the case that is enough to infuriate me! I just want to do to Masahiro Sakurai what Homer does to Bart. WHY YOU LITTLE!! UGH THIS FACT JUST BURNS ME UP INSIDE!!!!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If that is the case that is enough to infuriate me! I just want to do to Masahiro Sakurai what Homer does to Bart. WHY YOU LITTLE!! UGH THIS FACT JUST BURNS ME UP INSIDE!!!!
The only reason I'm not infuriated with Sakurai at the moment is because of a possible leak that if true, would confirm that there is at least more character DLC besides Mewtwo.

If this is true thatn Wolf could easily fit next to Falco and Pikachu and slide Duck hunt down next to ROB. Though not sure if this is even legit, still fiercely debating over it.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i couldn't find anything like that in the thread.

mark welford

Smash Ace
The only reason I'm not infuriated with Sakurai at the moment is because of a possible leak that if true, would confirm that there is at least more character DLC besides Mewtwo.

If this is true thatn Wolf could easily fit next to Falco and Pikachu and slide Duck hunt down next to ROB. Though not sure if this is even legit, still fiercely debating over it.
Whoa! Where did this come from!? I hope its true and if its not this hoax would be kind of hard to make!! But lets just hope this is true and I do agree with the placement because it naturally makes sense.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
i couldn't find anything like that in the thread.
Yeah I'm having trouble remembering, I think it was brought up though when they found the missing tracks.
Whoa! Where did this come from!? I hope its true and if its not this hoax would be kind of hard to make!! But lets just hope this is true and I do agree with the placement because it naturally makes sense.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/anonymo...
There are good points that its real, and some that its fake. I'm really trying hard to prove this is real.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm ok with it EXCEPT for one thing where is Wolf?!
My one problum too, however Wolf could easily be added to this roster and fit in perfectly. If this is real it would at least confirm that there will be more characters after Mewtwo and possibly sooner than we think, It would also show that Sakurai is willing to bring back more cut characters. Its pretty much just when are they gonna confirm Wolf now.

mark welford

Smash Ace
the wii u select screen only has two spare spaces, unless they resize the icons. :(
They can resize the CSS through patches to accommodate adds.
My one problum too, however Wolf could easily be added to this roster and fit in perfectly. If this is real it would at least confirm that there will be more characters after Mewtwo and possibly sooner than we think, It would also show that Sakurai is willing to bring back more cut characters. Its pretty much just when are they gonna confirm Wolf now.
He better be willing because of the firestorm the fans of Wolf, Lucas and Ice Cliimbers are causing. Give the fans what they want! And they want 3 cut characters!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The problem with DLC is that there are too many possible candidates left out, on one side, we have King K. Rool and Isaac for newcomers, and Veterans like Wolf, Lucas and Roy. I think I'd accept all of them, but which ones are they going to prioritise first, newcomers or veterans...?

EDIT - Not saying anythings wrong with DLC, no! I'm just curious if we'll get what we want. I'd say that if we get a character like these, it'll prove that a majority of the DLC is based on fan demand.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
The problem with DLC is that there are too many possible candidates left out, on one side, we have King K. Rool and Isaac for newcomers, and Veterans like Wolf, Lucas and Roy. I think I'd accept all of them, but which ones are they going to prioritise first, newcomers or veterans...?

EDIT - Not saying anythings wrong with DLC, no! I'm just curious if we'll get what we want. I'd say that if we get a character like these, it'll prove that a majority of the DLC is based on fan demand.
I think veterans would be prioritized before Newcomers.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think veterans would be prioritized before Newcomers.
Except the cut veterans were not prioritized among newcomers already. Sakurai mentioned that Bowser Jr. only got into the game because the team pushed themselves under their time constraint to put him in. Thus he could have been the next DLC if he was cut.

Although out of the veterans I'd say Wolf has a couple points in his favor.
1. Ice Climbers (which might have been top choice for cut character) still would most likely be problematic to include on the 3DS.
2. A new Star Fox game is coming out. (Sakurai mentioned that characters had a harder time being included if they did not have a new game coming out).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Except the cut veterans were not prioritized among newcomers already. Sakurai mentioned that Bowser Jr. only got into the game because the team pushed themselves under their time constraint to put him in. Thus he could have been the next DLC if he was cut.

Although out of the veterans I'd say Wolf has a couple points in his favor.
1. Ice Climbers (which might have been top choice for cut character) still would most likely be problematic to include on the 3DS.
2. A new Star Fox game is coming out. (Sakurai mentioned that characters had a harder time being included if they did not have a new game coming out).
Another point would be the rumor that Sakurai and the Namco dev team really like Wolf. Plus Starfox U will be playable at E3.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Yes, for the love of god, Wolf for DLC. He was the best Star Fox character on the roster, IMO. I mean, Fox and Falco are/was really good and all, but Wolf's Neutral-B, Up-B, Side-B, dash, jab, f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, n-air, f-air, b-air, d-air, f-sma-... -you get the idea, Wolf was better.

To compare -
Brawl: :wolf:>:falco:>:fox:
Smash4: :4fox:> [Self-destructing IRL] >:4falco:(Yes, the Falco nerf and lack of Wolf is that bad to me.)

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
wait are you seriously saying wolf was better than falco
Personal preference. I played both, I just mained Wolf (After Lucas.). I got his stuff in easier. Falco was nice, but I found his only fun tools to work with were DACUS and D-air meteors, the latter of which Wolf had. Plus, Wolf had an amazing pummel game which I loved to abuse. :'V

...well, either way, he definately probably will be better if they put him in now Falco got McNerfed, anyway, so...

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
:wolf:#Wolf4Smash
Wolf in brawl is so cool,i love that up smash,in pm one of my mains,that speed is so cool,and the shine x3

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Can't Cut Us Sakurai (It's Star Wolf)
Mead by Nick S for Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC.
Look Out (It Star Wolf) x2
Look Out
Tack In
But Us You Don't Need
You Can Run Away In 2S Fiat
But Can't Let you do teat (It Star Wolf) x5

Quillion

Smash Hero
Good riddance to Wolf.

Screw his A moves. His specials LOOKED and worked slightly similar to Fox. Falco already made him redundant since he was already meant to be a stronger, slower Fox clone.

And even his A moves were subpar. He's pretty much Fox with some more weight and none of the speed. The animations were different, but unlike for the specials, that doesn't matter.

Don't care if he's not a Dark Pit or Lucina-level clone; he's still cloned enough for me to be redundant.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Good riddance to Wolf.

Screw his A moves. His specials LOOKED and worked slightly similar to Fox. Falco already made him redundant since he was already meant to be a stronger, slower Fox clone.

And even his A moves were subpar. He's pretty much Fox with some more weight and none of the speed. The animations were different, but unlike for the specials, that doesn't matter.

Don't care if he's not a Dark Pit or Lucina-level clone; he's still cloned enough for me to be redundant.
You do realize which thread you're in?

bye

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Dash Attack, Down tilt, Forward Tilt, Down Smash, Up Smash, Up Air, Side B, Up B. That's a lot of shared animations.
Wolf f-tilt and Fox f-tilt? Wolf d-smash and Fox d-smash? Wolf u-smash and Fox u-smash? None of those have shared animations. Heck, side-b goes at a different angle and up-b is purple and doesn't have the charging hotbox.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Good riddance to Wolf.

Too much salt is bad for your health.

Sorry, but that's hardly a justifiable reason for omitting a perfectly unique and interesting character. Especially one with a large and dedicated fanbase.

The fact that he looks similar is irrelevant. He feels different. In the heat of battle, when you're playing as your favourite character, you're not going to stop and detail every fine point of their attack animations with a magnifying lens. You play the character because you like the character.

And quite honestly, there's no reason how or why he couldn't be distinguished from Fox in this game. If DLC potentially means more time to work on and flesh out Wolf's skills, then yeah, I think it may well be a blessing in disguise.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Good riddance to Wolf.

Comes to the Wolf Support thread to complain that Wolf shouldn't return.

Curse this thread I never get notifications from it unlike the Ice climber and Lucas ones.
Need to get my butt in gear and start posting again.
Needless to say I saw @Waluigi is too big
And I nearly collapsed with pure giggles. Well Played sir, Well played indeed.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Wolf f-tilt and Fox f-tilt? Wolf d-smash and Fox d-smash? Wolf u-smash and Fox u-smash? None of those have shared animations. Heck, side-b goes at a different angle and up-b is purple and doesn't have the charging hotbox.
I thought you were talking about Falco. I was talking about how Falco should have gotten some of Wolf's animations to give him a marginal degree of differentiation.

Too much salt is bad for your health.

Sorry, but that's hardly a justifiable reason for omitting a perfectly unique and interesting character. Especially one with a large and dedicated fanbase.
Falco's fanbase is bigger. You can thank Melee's tier whores for that, but it's there. That and he's a total badass in his home series.

The fact that he looks similar is irrelevant. He feels different. In the heat of battle, when you're playing as your favourite character, you're not going to stop and detail every fine point of their attack animations with a magnifying lens. You play the character because you like the character.

And quite honestly, there's no reason how or why he couldn't be distinguished from Fox in this game. If DLC potentially means more time to work on and flesh out Wolf's skills, then yeah, I think it may well be a blessing in disguise.
I guess I could get with that. But I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I thought you were talking about Falco. I was talking about how Falco should have gotten some of Wolf's animations to give him a marginal degree of differentiation.

Falco's fanbase is bigger. You can thank Melee's tier *****s for that, but it's there. That and he's a total badass in his home series.

I guess I could get with that. But I seriously doubt that will ever happen.
Or they could just cut falco, Wolf is more unqiue, is a villain and is arguably more important than falco in the Star Fox games

Top Bottom