• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Definitely add me to the support list! While I'm super happy about my main Mewtwo's return, I can't forget my top Brawl main and PM secondary!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You know what I love most about Wolf?

The howl.

That is quite honestly my absolute favourite taunt in Brawl.

And I'd also quite honestly be lying if I said that isn't among the reasons I started playing him in the first place.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I liked that other howl type sound he did with his upsmash. It made his easy DACUS all the more satisfying. Kinda sad that it's not in PM. Lol

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Of course not. And nobody's suggesting that it does.

What it does confirm is that Sakurai is leaving the door open for potential fighters in future. And that's definitely optimistic news~
Not really positive. He's just not outright saying they won't do it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not really positive. He's just not outright saying they won't do it.
Optimistic doesn't mean things will be better.

Optimistic means looking at an event from the best possible perspective.

I didn't say it's great news because it isn't great news. It's just something that demonstrates that, for the time being, the door is still open.

From where I'm standing, that's a pretty good position to be in~

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
There's more reason to believe that Wolf will be DLC, remeber this

no compare it to this

pretty clear which one looks better, and this is the thing, Wolf looked way better in brawl then smash 4. Is the downgrade in looks supposed to make the cut easier to get over, maybe, but it can also make it worse by showing a downgrade, how would people feel if Mewtwo came back as a bad pokeball. Point is Sakurai needs to fix it, with Wolf DLC. Plus if Wolf is apparently Sakurai's favorite Star Fox character, why does he get this treatment? He should be playable not downgraded to just the first pic. Also Star Wolf assault on orbital gate feels weird without Wolf. If the Namco dev team liked him so much, why didn't they put in the extra effort to get him in?

This^ could even be his pose. It's not like Wolf has some big reason why he can't be DLC, in fact there's no good reason what soever why he shouldn't be DLC. Plus there are no limitations so Wolf would be easy. They are required to do Wolf DLC for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, they must do it because they actually can do it, and also for the fans. If there is a way that you can bring back cut characters, by all means USE IT! WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Placeholders? Final Fantasy XIII's early drafts used characters from Final Fantasy X and XII while XV constantly keeps getting updated that the original concept, Versus XIII, has characters who look really different. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater used Solid Snake in his Iroquois Pliskin disguise as a sort of hiding Naked Snake's/Big Boss's existence and as a placeholder since the disguise also used regular military fatigues similar to Naked Snake's camouflage in MGS3. I think Skyward Sword used Twilight Princess's Hylian Shield as a placeholder as well since the shield in Skyward Sword has some subtle differences. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time also used Ratchet's Quest for Booty outfit before the Holographic Armor was finalized - I think it's in the game files.

Let's also not mention the notorious fact that Mewtwo and Roy were in Brawl or the numerous beta elements in Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy. Nintendo's been more discrete this time.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
My favourite taunt in the game is his side taunt. It's fun spamming it online.
What's the matter, Scared? literally the best taunt ever. 10/10 give me back my wolf.
I feel like if there's a demand for it and mewtwo's promotion sells well, more DLC characters have a possibility of happening, and if its a character that's pre-existed in the smash series they have an easy basis to go on and that should save some development time. keyword some as i do know it does take work to complete even one fighter, especially if its brand new.but even still development IS continuing on Sm4sh after release, so until it stops i think we can have hope that i'll happen. juust maybe. + i checked and there's room on the 3DS version's character select screen for about 4 more fighters.
Playtime's over Sakurai, give me my spot back,

shane3x

Saint of Swords
~ Star Fox game next year
~ No Star Fox universe villian
~ Even though he was a clone/variant his attributes lead to a considerably different playstyle.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
If we have another two slots only on the Wii U version, that means the character probably wouldn't work on the 3DS.

ICs and Chorus Kids. That's all I can think of, as they were both (likely for the CK) planned for the game. The reason I think the CK were planned is because the Gematsu leak was likely based on outdated information. Sakurai himself said Chrom was considered.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
~ Even though he was a clone/variant his attributes lead to a considerably different playstyle.
Maybe Nintendo wants to pull a surprise by announcing Wolf as part of a Star Fox Wii U Nintendo Direct or something. Wasn't Mewtwo announced close to Pokémon ORAS's release?

Hmm... maybe the Mother: 4Ever thing is really true...

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
While I don't really main Wolf,he is the Star Fox character I use the most in Brawl,and due to him getting cut,I've gone back to Melee style:I use Falco more than Fox.Not that I don't like them,but I think Wolf should come back,so count me in!
Oh,and no,I'm not scared,:wolf:.
So yes,I'm on board with Wolf coming back.:mariomelee:

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
~ Cutting an unique Nintendo character for no reasons makes no sense.
Fixed it for you.

if anyone ever associate the word clone with Wolf again I'm going to murder someone.

If we have another two slots only on the Wii U version, that means the character probably wouldn't work on the 3DS.

ICs and Chorus Kids. That's all I can think of, as they were both (likely for the CK) planned for the game. The reason I think the CK were planned is because the Gematsu leak was likely based on outdated information. Sakurai himself said Chrom was considered.
The Gematsu leak was just a lucky guy who guessed right some characters, that is all.

With all the people who made guesses, with that gigantic number making predictions, didn't you think one lucky one would have guessed a major party of the newcomers ?

Ice Climbers still have their chances. At this point the 3DS version has been forgot for good and the dust has settled on it. They won't restrain a DLC character because "muh muh limitations on the demo version".

And if you bring up the "but sakurai said both versions will have the same roster" he didn't said that both versions will have the same DLCs.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Fixed it for you.

if anyone ever associate the word clone with Wolf again I'm going to murder someone.

The Gematsu leak was just a lucky guy who guessed right some characters, that is all.

With all the people who made guesses, with that gigantic number making predictions, didn't you think one lucky one would have guessed a major party of the newcomers ?

Ice Climbers still have their chances. At this point the 3DS version has been forgot for good and the dust has settled on it. They won't restrain a DLC character because "muh muh limitations on the demo version".

And if you bring up the "but sakurai said both versions will have the same roster" he didn't said that both versions will have the same DLCs.
I believe the first leak was real, the rest was **** he made up. I mean who guesses Wii fit trainer?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Mewtwo's not from another dimension

Although it could just be a generic conversation for DLC character
Are there many Nintendo characters prone to travelling through dimensions? I can only think of Fire Emblem: Awakening's children characters and some other characters. Paper Mario? He switched from 2D and 3D in Super Paper Mario.

ORAS spoilers; thanks a lot people who talk about it online. :p
Didn't ORAS confirm that there are multiple dimensions/universes in Pokémon?

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
You don't just "correctly guess" Wii Fit Trainer...and Pac-Man...and Little Mac...and Mii Fighter (by that exact name, no less)...and Villager...and Chrom (he was going to be playable). You just don't. Gematsu clearly new about some things early on in development.

Are there many Nintendo characters prone to travelling through dimensions?
Dimentio.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Are there many Nintendo characters prone to travelling through dimensions? I can only think of Fire Emblem: Awakening's children characters and some other characters. Paper Mario? He switched from 2D and 3D in Super Paper Mario.

ORAS spoilers; thanks a lot people who talk about it online. :p
Didn't ORAS confirm that there are multiple dimensions/universes in Pokémon?
Smash alone is a whole other dimension so I assume it is safe to say every major Nintendo franchise has more than 1 dimension in their universe. (Including Smash) and it extends farther than that seeing that there is more than one Sonic and Megaman. Maybe the Nintendo franchises aren't more than one universe but stacked on top of each other like the Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Wario, Yoshi, Fire Emblem and F-Zero series could occupy the ground. The Kid Icarus series could occupy the skies or heavens and the Star Fox and Metroid series could occupy the space. Adding to the theory maybe there is a piece or part of the universe set aside for smash where they invite Non-Nintendo characters. Keep in mind this is just a theory I came up with and been thinking long and hard about for the past few days gone by.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Smash alone is a whole other dimension so I assume it is safe to say every major Nintendo franchise has more than 1 dimension in their universe. (Including Smash) and it extends farther than that seeing that there is more than one Sonic and Megaman. Maybe the Nintendo franchises aren't more than one universe but stacked on top of each other like the Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Wario, Yoshi, Fire Emblem and F-Zero series could occupy the ground. The Kid Icarus series could occupy the skies or heavens and the Star Fox and Metroid series could occupy the space. Adding to the theory maybe there is a piece or part of the universe set aside for smash where they invite Non-Nintendo characters. Keep in mind this is just a theory I came up with and been thinking long and hard about for the past few days gone by.
Well the big one here is definitely :4link::4tlink:
Or maybe even :4mario::4drmario:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
I have a theory.
It's a placeholder or is in there so when people add their own characters by hacking the game won't crash when you try a guidance.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I think it's just a generic error handler, to cover all the bases.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
I have a theory.
It's a placeholder or is in there so when people add their own characters by hacking the game won't crash when you try a guidance.
Extremely unlikely, Nintendo wouldn't go out of their way to make hacking their games easier. Besides, if you add a custom character it will usually replace an existing one because it is much easier to do it that way so it would just use that character's guidance instead.

This guidance doesn't have to make sense for just 1 character who is from a different dimension, it will most likely be used for all DLC fighters (assuming we get more than 1) so they made it pretty ambiguous who the fighter they are talking about could be. Also as GameXplain said, it would make sense this way because they wouldn't have to rehire VAs to get a few lines for what is just an easter egg when they add new DLC fighters.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey, don't beat a man who's already down.
I'm just tired of seeing people defending the Gematsu leak claiming that Chrom was planned or was supposed to be playable when Sakurai has clearly sated that Chrom was just considered. Being planned implies that he was decided upon, possibly had development started on him, but then things didn't work out; being considered means that Sakurai put thought into including him on the roster, but ultimately decided against him in favor of a superior character choice.

There's a distinction.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm just tired of seeing people defending the Gematsu leak claiming that Chrom was planned or was supposed to be playable when Sakurai has clearly sated that Chrom was just considered. Being planned implies that he was decided upon, possibly had development started on him, but then things didn't work out; being considered means that Sakurai put thought into including him on the roster, but ultimately decided against him in favor of a superior character choice.

There's a distinction.
For me, leaks mean nothing unless there's hard evidence. By that, I mean it has to be an "in your face" sort of deal such as, if you showed me running, early gameplay of Halo 6, then that's evidence things were planned, but ultimately, the finalized Halo 6 changed. A list of characters means nothing no matter how obvious, how surprising, or how controversial. Even if like 90% of those characters made it in, I'll just call stupid luck. Images of Chrom actually fighting would mean more than him being on a list, not making it in, but 10 others did.

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to be added to the supporter list. Can't let my Brawl main and PM secondary get cut so easily.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Top Bottom