• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sorry, I just have a serious grudge against Roy.
You know I'm not calling you out, but it's really stupid for someone to hate a veteran and plead for them not to be in. "Oh, please don't make Roy's fans happy by putting him in! I don't like Roy." I've been seeing it allot and it's not funny nor relevant.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Honestly wolf is perfect, aside from being able to act out of side B he shouldn't be changed one bit
No. Give him Falcon's combo ability, Falco's jump height, Sonic's ground speed, Jigglypuff's air speed, Ganondorf's power and Little Mac's knockback
Plus Peach's float, Villager's recovery and Kirby's jumps
And Kirby's amount of jumps AND Mewtwo's multijump
:metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Some more dumping has been done on the game's rom and 5 additional character slots have been found along with 7 stages. Personally I think there could be more and that could be just the first 5 and 7 to come.

Etika: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG1bqQFT7C8

Source: https://twitter.com/matt_shewan/status/589901332376485888

When is E3?
EDIT: sorry this question is so random. I didn't see the last page.
Sometime in June. I do not know exactly the date(s).

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

This can only mean one thing: Mario, Mario, Mario, Mario, and Mario are confirmed for ssb4 DLC! XD

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Those five additional slots, it makes sense for them to be more characters.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mewtwo.html

If you recall, at the bottom of this page to the right of Mewtwo's image, there are five blank slots next to him, which we saw before. So, it is likely that Lucas, Roy and Ryu would make up three of those slots. The other two may not be yet known. I just wanted to point this out. Still, I hope we get more than just six DLC characters (including Mewtwo).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Those five additional slots, it makes sense for them to be more characters.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mewtwo.html

If you recall, at the bottom of this page to the right of Mewtwo's image, there are five blank slots next to him, which we saw before. So, it is likely that Lucas, Roy and Ryu would make up three of those slots. The other two may not be yet known. I just wanted to point this out. Still, I hope we get more than just six DLC characters (including Mewtwo).
Those slots change depending on what device you are looking at the page on. They reveal nothing.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyways, @ SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy I would not say that those boxes are supposed to reveal anything, or not yet, maybe. I was just saying there are five boxes (on certain devices maybe) just like there are five Marios in the data table. I did not really mean to say that anything was revealed, for I was just pointing that out.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Wolf and Reckless Wii Remote Notice Man confirmed.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
I have strong hope for Wolf, voted for him a few times myself he's definitely my most wanted veteran I sincerely hope he comes back.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
The data found is just from THIS Path. A minor or semi big patch. I guess that means 5 characters are planned for NOW, doesn´t mean there won´t be more after this placeholders are used up.
Beside, if we have 5 slots - Lucas, Roy and Ryu, only 2 would be left? They can´t hardly fit in the Ballot winners, and from the ballot results, we will get far more than one or two characters. :)
They are testing the waters with these "5" more, mostly sure we will get more after they are out :)

PS: Oh my, Add me to the support list, in this theared for 2 months and forgot to ask D:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The data found is just from THIS Path. A minor or semi big patch. I guess that means 5 characters are planned for NOW, doesn´t mean there won´t be more after this placeholders are used up.
Beside, if we have 5 slots - Lucas, Roy and Ryu, only 2 would be left? They can´t hardly fit in the Ballot winners, and this won´t be a single or two characters.
They are testing the waters with these "5" more, mostly sure we will get more after they are out :)

PS: Oh my, Add me to the support list, in this theared for 2 months and forgot to ask D:
I agree. We may learn more about some of the planned DLC characters at E3, but you knew that.

I just hope Wolf is one of the two "unknown" characters. I can say that since he has not been announced yet, I am sure they must be one of the characters they are teasing us with by making us wait longer until they do reveal him, ya know what I mean?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Beside, if we have 5 slots - Lucas, Roy and Ryu, only 2 would be left? They can´t hardly fit in the Ballot winners, and from the ballot results, we will get far more than one or two characters. :)
They are testing the waters with these "5" more, mostly sure we will get more after they are out.
going by this i think our DLC (for now at least and assuming there is only one ballot winner)

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu
Wolf
Some ballot winner

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Please one of them has to be Wolf. Can't be pichu, Ivysaur, or Squirtle because they are not popular and we have enough Pokemon. Can't be Ice climbers because of 3DS issues. Can't be Snake due to copyright issues. Of course I could be wrong. Also, there still could be more just not added in yet.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think it's gonna be
Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy (Announced at that Fire Emblem thingy that sakurai will be at)
Ryu (Announced at EVO?)
Wolf (Announced in the E3 direct)
One more character (Release around octoberish to bridge the gap between Wolf and the ballot), Maybe Dixie or Isaac or something

Then they start working on the ballot characters, There's no way we're getting just one

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I think there's a possibility that Roy was decided upon after seeing the initial ballot results, if I'm not wrong Roy got a decent amount of votes already. Going further in this possibility, it could mean that Wolf is one out of the other two as he:
a) Would take more time than a clone like Roy hence why they're blank, because he'd be inevitably worked on later.
b) Purportedly has a decent amount of votes for the ballot as well going by data of the numerous unofficial ones

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Some more dumping has been done on the game's rom and 5 additional character slots have been found along with 7 stages. Personally I think there could be more and that could be just the first 5 and 7 to come.

Etika: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG1bqQFT7C8

Source: https://twitter.com/matt_shewan/status/589901332376485888

Sometime in June. I do not know exactly the date(s).

Now do you really think the 3DS version can handle more than 7 stages and a set number of extra characters by itself?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Now do you really think the 3DS version can handle more than 7 stages and a set number of extra characters by itself?
People didn't think the 3DS could have 51 characters yet it did, also aren't the DLC characters saved on an SD card not the game cart itself?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think it's gonna be
Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy (Announced at that Fire Emblem thingy that sakurai will be at)
Ryu (Announced at EVO?)
Wolf (Announced in the E3 direct)
One more character (Release around octoberish to bridge the gap between Wolf and the ballot), Maybe Dixie or Isaac or something

Then they start working on the ballot characters, There's no way we're getting just one
Just to ask: When exactly is EVO happening?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Okay then.

Man, I dunno about you guys, but waiting for E3 to come along is a pain! I'll do my best to wait, though.
Someone in this thread stated it will only start on June 16, which is WAY later than the two past years (it was around the tenth). What a shame.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes, because the data is stored in an SD card.

Plus, the whole handling stuff thing is more about running the game rather than memory issues.

Since the data is stored in a memory card, the limit of DLC the 3DS can have is technically dependent on the memory card's size.

People didn't think the 3DS could have 51 characters yet it did, also aren't the DLC characters saved on an SD card not the game cart itself?
Indeed, extra data saved on the SD card.

The game card itself is a ROM (read-only memory), meaning it can't be overwritten.

Last edited:
Top Bottom