• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

rsr2

Smash Lord
So any of you guys thinking about going to EVO? I am like 90% on going and was wondering if anyone else was ^ _ ^

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I don't know if you guys are aware but they've been having these Smash Bros. Wii U photo challenges on Miiverse and apparently Sakurai himself as well as other development team members view these photos and they pick their favorites and show them off. These challenges have a theme based around it, the theme this time is "Uh-oh!". You guys can post photos with Wolf around this theme (shouldn't be too hard, just have him do something conniving) and Sakurai and the team could see it and possibly show it off as one of their favorites! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073541293230 Make sure to review the rules.
Having him say these thing in the game without him being playable is really awkward.
I believe you have found the perfect example of uh oh, "Uh oh, looks like Sakurai forgot to add something to the games, better make Wolf playable,before he huffs and puffs, and runs you over with a stolen Landmaster"
Another one could be "Uh oh, something's not right. Can't let you cut me Sakurai."
That model is horrible, My Wolf avatar looks 1000 times better than this model, even this:wolf: looks better than that Wolf in the pic above. Might actually consider adding this to the main page just to show people why Wolf needs to be DLC.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I feel as if this campaign is growing and getting stronger as the days go by and the creation of a twitter is a step in the right direction but harassing Sakurai with a hashtag in my opinion is not the way to go about it. Maybe if we have 1000 supporters by the time they release Mewtwo and we're more than half way to 1000 send the list to him with a letter not a angry, aggressive letter but a letter kind of like the post we have been taking to other threads with reasons why he would be a good DLC candidate. @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] I'm in favor of you being the leader of this movement also I'm glad to be your #4 man. Every Tuesday my school holds a game club and next Tuesday I will be playing for the 1st time SSB4 for Wii U but I had to check my schedule for next Tuesday because I'm also manager for my high school Basketball team and I am free next Tuesday.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel as if this campaign is growing and getting stronger as the days go by and the creation of a twitter is a step in the right direction but harassing Sakurai with a hashtag in my opinion is not the way to go about it. Maybe if we have 1000 supporters by the time they release Mewtwo and we're more than half way to 1000 send the list to him with a letter not a angry, aggressive letter but a letter kind of like the post we have been taking to other threads with reasons why he would be a good DLC candidate. @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] I'm in favor of you being the leader of this movement also I'm glad to be your #4 man. Every Tuesday my school holds a game club and next Tuesday I will be playing for the 1st time SSB4 for Wii U but I had to check my schedule for next Tuesday because I'm also manager for my high school Basketball team and I am free next Tuesday.
It was never my intention to harass Sakurai with a hashtag. I've only tagged him in a few of the posts, I'm just trying to get it out to the general public that Wolf is loved and that allot of people want him back. Sadly, at the moment, the Twitter hasn't gained a following, like at all, so having people spread around the hashtag could help the campaign earn its legs.

mark welford

Smash Ace
It was never my intention to harass Sakurai with a hashtag. I've only tagged him in a few of the posts, I'm just trying to get it out to the general public that Wolf is loved and that allot of people want him back. Sadly, at the moment, the Twitter hasn't gained a following, like at all, so having people spread around the hashtag could help the campaign earn its legs.
I see your point and we need as much support as we can get and I think 1000+ is a sound number showing Sakurai that Wolf is loved and cared by many and when he cut him that those many people including myself was hurt by that.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Apex would be a really good place to rally up support, since Nintendo is sponsoring the event, if they see alot of people requesting Wolf there, they'll start to realise what a good move it would be to make Wolf DLC, the best way is if the key players promote Wolf,ex. key competitors, announcers, as well as the fans. The best possible scenerio is if on a live broadcast, say Reggie or Bill come out, someone goes up to them and asks them to add back Wolf as DLC, and tells them of the petition.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Apex would be a really good place to rally up support, since Nintendo is sponsoring the event, if they see alot of people requesting Wolf there, they'll start to realise what a good move it would be to make Wolf DLC, the best way is if the key players promote Wolf,ex. key competitors, announcers, as well as the fans. The best possible scenerio is if on a live broadcast, say Reggie or Bill come out, someone goes up to them and asks them to add back Wolf as DLC, and tells them of the petition.
I am all for this but my only question and concern about this is how do we get this message and petition out to a major Nintendo Sponsored event like that? I mean it can be done but how do we get it out there? Apex has twitter right? So we can message them the hashtag because a major event like that should create enough attention.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So Zero and Sakurai have tweeted us, is it possible to display all this in a Twitter post? ( or at least condense it so it can be in a Twitter post)
This is the home of the campaign to get Sakurai to make Wolf a DLC character so he can be playable in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3DS. Wolf was a Brawl veteran from the Starfox series, he had a unique moveset, and was a well balanced character who had really bad*** taunts. However he did not make the initial cut for Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS. However DLC is possible, but to our current knowledge, Sakurai is hesitant to do more DLC. You don't hesitate, just act. We are here to act, and to get our veteran playable again.
^In Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Wolf has been reduced to a trophy of himself from Starfox Assault, has three renditions of his theme in the game, Fox has a custom move blatantly named Wolf Flash, Wolf's side special, but perhaps the worst of all is appearing in the Lylat Cruise codecs, He appeared in them back in brawl, and in one of them was hinted at being playable. "Boy those two are always itching to fight huh.",Slippy referencing that Wolf and Falco are unlockable characters. However in this game that same codec is still there, yet Wolf is not playable in the game,but Falco is, and still an unlockable character, to make matters worse, Wolf has been stripped of his highly detailed brawl model, and replaced with a much less detailed model, which to some looks hideous. In a way its like he's being mocked for not being playable. Wolf does not deserve this, he is a villain/antihero and a very iconic Nintendo character, best know for his bad*** one liners like "Can't Let you do that Starfox" Wolf is also reported to appear in the new Starfox game for Wii U, making him a relevant character. Smash games usually span 6 years before a new entry is released. Wolf should not have to be stuck like this for 6 years or more, when he can be added to Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3DS as DLC. Paying to have Wolf playable, is better than having no Wolf playable.
^This is what Wolf looked like back in Brawl, you can see how much more detailed he is than the Wolf currently in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS. We must restore him to his former glory, DLC can do that, but we must convince Sakurai to commit to Wolf DLC, if he secretly isn't doing it already. We only require your support, simply tell us you support our cause, and your name will be added to the supporters list. Also convince others to request Wolf for DLC. There is strength in numbers.Any additional support, ranging from making videos, pictures, and other forms of entertainment that are geared towards achieving more support to have Wolf be playable in Super Smash Bros Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3DS as DLC is greatly appreciated. We must start this campaign now, its purpose, To persuade Sakurai to make Wolf DLC, or if Sakurai already is making Wolf DLC, this is to show our support and appreciation for doing so.
If not, then we should probably post something like this,

"Wolf can only live on the battlefield, don't reduce him to just a codec, make him playable in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS as a DLC character."

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So the Wolf 4 Smash 4 Twitter page retweeted a tweet made by Sakurai that had nothing to do with Wolf. What's the big deal here?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Just checking in, but has anyone seen this? It's totally a Wolf thing to do. Hmm, maybe Wolf will be the anti-Diddy fighter. Or Mewtwo... Or somebody like ROB. Credits goes to Mad-But-Happy.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I don't have a twitter,but does that mean my hope for Wolf will die?
No.
:wolf:Wolf for DLC FOREVER!:wolf:
P.S. You don't know how much furry stuff I saw...at the top of the page,no less.
:mariomelee:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Geez, I didn't know everyone was going to go hype mode over a retweet. Gotta be more careful. :bluejump:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Just checking in, but has anyone seen this? It's totally a Wolf thing to do. Hmm, maybe Wolf will be the anti-Diddy fighter. Or Mewtwo... Or somebody like ROB. Credits goes to Mad-But-Happy.
Fox: How did I lose?
Diddy: Now you go clean up my banana peels.
Falco: Hmph.
Diddy: You thought you were top tier? Go clean out my mine cart.
Wolf: Can't let you do that Diddy Kong.
Diddy: Ack!

Also any new followers on Twitter yet?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The KremlingKampaigner, Snake for Smash DLC, Gamezuki, Hydrozor, TheRunawayBros, Dylan Sullivan, Sgm92. We've picked up a good few.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The KremlingKampaigner, Snake for Smash DLC, Gamezuki, Hydrozor, TheRunawayBros, Dylan Sullivan, Sgm92. We've picked up a good few.
It says 17 followers! Now I just need the links to their twitter accounts and they'll be added to the list. Also yeah be careful about re tweets, especially if its Sakurai.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
We're up to 900 supporters, I found them here,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X_7bdD8P0w
I stopped at 900, because my computer couldn't handle the bad***ness of Wolf and his supporters. Wolf is too strong, if anyone would like to find the rest of the supporters in that video, simply open up all comments and replies, scroll down to the bottom, and scroll up until you see supporter 900, then find more supporters above, keep the list handy so you don't put people down more than once, just copy their username and paste it in a post. If no one wishes to do this, I understand and will resume finding supporters in that video another day.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I'd support this. Wolf is a character that deserved to be cut the least out of the characters that did not make it in my oppinion(well, tied with ice climbers maybe since they've practically become regulars of the series so it does not feel right but i can understand technical limitations being a problem. snake i can understand due to him being third party and needing to get the rights again. lucas was admitedly the most clone-like of them all and i'd prefer if the dev team took some time to revamp his special moves to make him stand out more due to there being tons of other interesting pk moves from mother 3 rather than rush him in haphazardly.) and i don't understand why people called him a clone since all of his moves were clearly different from fox's and had distinctly different functions and properties.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's that moment when you realise......
Wolf has a more unique Down Smash than Fox, Falco and even Sanic.
:4fox::4falco::4sonic: Share down Smash.
:wolf:Uses his claws.
We should just make a list and video of all the characters that are more a clone of Fox than Wolf.
:4kirby: is one.
That list would be insane since almost everyone shares at least one move with another. It makes sense since if you look at martial arts, a lot of different styles have front kicks and punches. Why? They're practical, useful, and anyone can do them. They might use it differently like boxing has straights and jabs while karate has chambered punches or some styles teach you to use the heel of your foot for front kicks while others say to use the ball of your foot.

Listing sex kicks like Fox's Nair and Luigi's Nair would include a lot of people, hell, you could even list it as one singular move: a flying side kick. Fox already has 2 variations, his Dash Attack and his Nair and technically, so does Zelda with her Lightning Kicks.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
We're up to 900 supporters, I found them here,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X_7bdD8P0w
I stopped at 900, because my computer couldn't handle the bad***ness of Wolf and his supporters. Wolf is too strong, if anyone would like to find the rest of the supporters in that video, simply open up all comments and replies, scroll down to the bottom, and scroll up until you see supporter 900, then find more supporters above, keep the list handy so you don't put people down more than once, just copy their username and paste it in a post. If no one wishes to do this, I understand and will resume finding supporters in that video another day.
Actually make that a 1000+
Got to page 10 of the Lucas thread today.
So even then we still have 20 pages to go until max supporters.
These two shall be back in due time I can feel it.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Could have sworn I added you before:confused:, maybe something went wonky, anyway you're on the list:)
Gonna be honest here.
Don't know how I feel about you not having Wolf over there:wario::4wario::4ganondorf:
To be honest I haven't played Project M yet because my Wii is dead and can't read discs so I shoved Wolf there simply because I mained him in Brawl :p
Just thought you could rep him slightly more even if you don't play Project M :)
Basically mine are like this if I could :4fox::popo::lucas::wolf::4ness::4falcon:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Gonna be honest here.
Don't know how I feel about you not having Wolf over there:wario::4wario::4ganondorf:
To be honest I haven't played Project M yet because my Wii is dead and can't read discs so I shoved Wolf there simply because I mained him in Brawl :p
Just thought you could rep him slightly more even if you don't play Project M :)
Basically mine are like this if I could :4fox::popo::lucas::wolf::4ness::4falcon:
Technically Wolf was my second main, however I intended to put him as my main for smash bros Wii U,:wario::4wario::wolf: would have been it,but Wolf isn't in right now, so :4ganondorf: is the placeholder.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I really want Wolf to return. It would be nice to also see the Ice Climbers (perhaps they could be just DLC for the Wii U version).

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I really want Wolf to return. It would be nice to also see the Ice Climbers (perhaps they could be just DLC for the Wii U version).
I'm kind of hoping for a New 3DS/Wii U exclusive character. Ice Climbers.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Found these cool videos,

Let us show Sakurai, that Wolf is wanted and loved, we must secure the Wolf support of Apex, lets act!

Reggie Amiibo

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpadgerBadger
3DS FC
5472-6503-9144
Wolf was my Brawl secondary (behind Toon Link), and I fully support his inclusion.
:wolf: for DLC!

Top Bottom