• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I fully support Wolf's reinclusion back into Smash.

But I don't want Sakurai to work more. That man needs two years off. Then we need Duck Hunt Uprising.

But I support him coming back. But Sakurai shouldn't work more. But I do support it.
If Sakurai doesn't want to work, someone else needs to do Wolf DLC, I don't want Sakurai bailing on us and preventing others from doing Wolf DLC, thus forcing us to wait 6+ years just to see if there is a new smash bros game and if he even comes back, Sakurai can add in Wolf here and now, it might be a little extra work,but in the end everyone will be happy, We get Wolf, Sakurai has one less fanbase hating him, and one less cut character to worry about. Wolf needs to be playable in the new game, so his status as a Smash Bros character stays intact and people know who he is and thus grow fond of him and buy games that he's in, There are two major changes Wolf needs in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, the ability to Fire Wolf out of Wolf Flash and Fire Wolf being a more reliable recovery move, having a better ledge sweetspot, Wolf is in high demand right now, why put him off and make fans angry, when you can fix the problem now?
I understand, but at the minimum, I don't think it would be hard to make at least one or two more characters before going into relaxation mode. It wouldn't be that bad, would it? Otherwise, I do agree, Sakurai could use a break. He has earned it, after all.
Yes it wouldn't hurt to put Wolf in would it? Once Wolf is playable, I will have made peace with Sakurai. Though since Mewtwo's doing well, we could see more DLC characters, plus it would be very profitable to Nintendo. Also any updates on the letter you sent to Sakurai?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
[quote="[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]Yes it wouldn't hurt to put Wolf in would it? Once Wolf is playable, I will have made peace with Sakurai. Though since Mewtwo's doing well, we could see more DLC characters, plus it would be very profitable to Nintendo. Also any updates on the letter you sent to Sakurai?[/quote]

Not yet, I am afraid. I do think he has read it, but to make sure, tomorrow, I am going to ask if he got my message...in Japanese, of course.

And the Mewtwo DLC is doing well? It hasn't come out, yet. Forgive me for any apparent ignorance I may display, but how is it doing well now?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
[quote="[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]Yes it wouldn't hurt to put Wolf in would it? Once Wolf is playable, I will have made peace with Sakurai. Though since Mewtwo's doing well, we could see more DLC characters, plus it would be very profitable to Nintendo. Also any updates on the letter you sent to Sakurai?
Not yet, I am afraid. I do think he has read it, but to make sure, tomorrow, I am going to ask if he got my message...in Japanese, of course.

And the Mewtwo DLC is doing well? It hasn't come out, yet. Forgive me for any apparent ignorance I may display, but how is it doing well now?[/quote]
reception wise, I meant Mewtwo's doing well, after all if people were unhappy about Mewtwo being DLC, there wouldn't be droves of people asking for more DLC, plus I really am hoping for more DLC characters to be that special announcement for APEX, at least its the weekend tomorrow.
edit:why are the quotes acting all wonky?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
[quote="[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]reception wise, I meant Mewtwo's doing well, after all if people were unhappy about Mewtwo being DLC, there wouldn't be droves of people asking for more DLC, plus I really am hoping for more DLC characters to be that special announcement for APEX, at least its the weekend tomorrow.[/quote]

That is good to know. I hope this reception helps convince Sakurai to make more DLC, even if it is just one or two characters if he really wants to relax from all this, soon.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I fully support Wolf's reinclusion back into Smash.

But I don't want Sakurai to work more. That man needs two years off. Then we need Duck Hunt Uprising.

But I support him coming back. But Sakurai shouldn't work more. But I do support it.
As much as I need wolf back, I think sakurai deserves some time off before he starts working on anyone

Or they could just have someone else develop it, sakurai isn't really necessary

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
NINTENDO IS LINKING SMASHBOARDS ON ITS TWITTER! THEY ACKNOWLEDGE OUR EXISTENCE! Now we just need to hope they saw the amount of people that want Wolf back.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I doubt they'd be announcing more DLC right now. I'm expecting a reveal trailer for Mewtwo at most.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have just sent another tweet, this time to Nintendo of America on Twitter. Here it is.

@NintendoAmerica If it shows, click the link for the full message. Hello there. I would like to ask (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1skd230

Here is the full message.

@NintendoAmerica If it shows, click the link for the full message. Hello there. I would like to ask something: There are plenty of people who would want to see the character Wolf, who was playable in Smash Bros Brawl, be playable in the new Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS as playable DLC. With that said, I would like to show the list of people who want Wolf in as DLC in the new Smash.

http://m.uploadedit.com/b044/1422491443909.txt

The list can also be found here on Smash Boards.

http://smashboards.com/threads/cant-let-you-cut-me-sakurai-wolf-for-dlc.324209/

If you happen to get this message, I would like to request that you get in touch with Masahiro Sakurai, the man behind the latest Smash game, and inform him that there are quite a few people who want Wolf in Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS as DLC, I hope you get and read this message and forward this to Masahiro Sakurai. Thank you for your time.

In case Sakurai did not get my other tweet, I hope Nintendo of America reads this and forwards the news to Sakurai himself so he can be more aware about us wanting Wolf in.

mark welford

Smash Ace
NINTENDO IS LINKING SMASHBOARDS ON ITS TWITTER! THEY ACKNOWLEDGE OUR EXISTENCE! Now we just need to hope they saw the amount of people that want Wolf back.
This is a chance we cannot waste!
I have just sent another tweet, this time to Nintendo of America on Twitter. Here it is.

@NintendoAmerica If it shows, click the link for the full message. Hello there. I would like to ask (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1skd230

Here is the full message.

@NintendoAmerica If it shows, click the link for the full message. Hello there. I would like to ask something: There are plenty of people who would want to see the character Wolf, who was playable in Smash Bros Brawl, be playable in the new Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS as playable DLC. With that said, I would like to show the list of people who want Wolf in as DLC in the new Smash.

http://m.uploadedit.com/b044/1422491443909.txt

The list can also be found here on Smash Boards.

http://smashboards.com/threads/cant-let-you-cut-me-sakurai-wolf-for-dlc.324209/

If you happen to get this message, I would like to request that you get in touch with Masahiro Sakurai, the man behind the latest Smash game, and inform him that there are quite a few people who want Wolf in Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS as DLC, I hope you get and read this message and forward this to Masahiro Sakurai. Thank you for your time.

In case Sakurai did not get my other tweet, I hope Nintendo of America reads this and forwards the news to Sakurai himself so he can be more aware about us wanting Wolf in.
Thank you for your efforts!

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I like to think since Nintendo mentioned Star Fox and Mother in their Robot Chicken sketch last E3, then at this year's E3 they will announce Wolf and Lucas returning to Smash. I really can't see any DLC announcements coming before E3.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I like to think since Nintendo mentioned Star Fox and Mother in their Robot Chicken sketch last E3, then at this year's E3 they will announce Wolf and Lucas returning to Smash. I really can't see any DLC announcements coming before E3.
I actually can, there is still 6 Months till E3. Announce Mewtwo, release him around March, announce a new character in April, release him in June...
Of course that character would absolutely have to be Wolf, Lucas, Snake, or Ice Climbers.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I actually can, there is still 6 Months till E3. Announce Mewtwo, release him around March, announce a new character in April, release him in June...
Of course that character would absolutely have to be Wolf, Lucas, Snake, or Ice Climbers.
That would be awesome.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what makes you think Mewtwo will be released in March? Just curious.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, what makes you think Mewtwo will be released in March? Just curious.
Just the fact that the deadline is March 31st. It'd be a really bad business plan to make it to where he isn't released till after the deadline.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just the fact that the deadline is March 31st. It'd be a really bad business plan to make it to where he isn't released till after the deadline.
I see. Since the deadline is March 31st, I was expecting Mewtwo to come out in April. Don't know why, though.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I see. Since the deadline is March 31st, I was expecting Mewtwo to come out in April. Don't know why, though.
I can see the logic in that, business smarts tell me though there may be some people on the fence about buying both versions for just Mewtwo, so release it in March, let the news spread about how awesome he is, then deadline on the confirmed date for the end of the registration period. March 31st.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can see the logic in that, business smarts tell me though there may be some people on the fence about buying both versions for just Mewtwo, so release it in March, let the news spread about how awesome he is, then deadline on the confirmed date for the end of the registration period. March 31st.
That makes sense. Would not be surprised if he came in April, though. Still, I suppose Mewtwo being released in March is not out of the question.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
The deadline to get the Smash Bros. Soundtrack CD's was in January, but they won't ship out until March. So if anything Mewtwo won't be available until May.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The deadline to get the Smash Bros. Soundtrack CD's was in January, but they won't ship out until March. So if anything Mewtwo won't be available until May.
Digital is much different than physical my friend. Digital codes can be, pretty much, dispersed at will. You can't do that with a physical CD. You have to get the count of people who ordered it, put that many into production, take into account every orderers address, and then send them out. You don't have to agree with me but I think its bad for business to keep Mewtwo from people who are still on the fence.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Digital is much different than physical my friend. Digital codes can be, pretty much, dispersed at will. You can't do that with a physical CD. You have to get the count of people who ordered it, put that many into production, take into account every orderers address, and then send them out. You don't have to agree with me but I think its bad for business to keep Mewtwo from people who are still on the fence.
Hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.
The special announcement is at 8PM (assuming EST, but not sure, also have no clue who's streaming it)
What's this talk of a special announcement?

Top Bottom