• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yes NonSpecificGuy, yes I would.
Just to point out that I said he was probably the only one. ^_^
Found this epic remix , from Harmony of Heroes, Watch Your Step Fox.
Harmony of Heroes is so awesome! Greatest thing my ears ever heard.
What would be better? Having Wolf's Brawl USmash or his PM USmash? I prefer his Brawl one, looks cooler and I like the sound Wolf makes
I'd like both, one of them as an Utilt, but let's be realistic here, no matter which one we like, Wolf's gonna get the Brawl one if he returns.

rsr2

Smash Lord
A Wolf tattoo? That sounds awesome!!! Can I see it?
Yeah of course!

It took me three years to find the perfect picture to use. Long story short I got the tattoo because my Grandfather was the first person to introduce me to video games when I was younger because my mom and dad were highly against it. Starfox was his all time favorite game and Wolf was his favorite character. He passed away 4 years ago so I figured Wolf would be the perfect tattoo idea in remembrance of him. I got the picture from this. (Yes I know it says 4 years ago he passed and planning three years. I actually didn't think of getting a tattoo until I got my first one and got hooked so I wanted to get more >_>)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah of course!

It took me three years to find the perfect picture to use. Long story short I got the tattoo because my Grandfather was the first person to introduce me to video games when I was younger because my mom and dad were highly against it. Starfox was his all time favorite game and Wolf was his favorite character. He passed away 4 years ago so I figured Wolf would be the perfect tattoo idea in remembrance of him. I got the picture from this. (Yes I know it says 4 years ago he passed and planning three years. I actually didn't think of getting a tattoo until I got my first one and got hooked so I wanted to get more >_>)

kudos to your grandad, that's the best kind of tattoo!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
What would be better? Having Wolf's Brawl USmash or his PM USmash? I prefer his Brawl one, looks cooler and I like the sound Wolf makes
I know nothing about PM, but there is no denying that Wolf's up smash(SSBB) is nothing short of awesome. Why would anyone even change it? I mean, it just looks badass and it works perfectly.

mark welford

Smash Ace
This person might be already on the list but RobnWatch said he would support on IC thread.
Yeah of course!

Your grandpa sound like a guy I would of hung out with. RIP to your grandpappy and that is a awesome way to remember him because we wouldn't have a great user like you wasn't for him.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet or if anyone is even aware of it but I thought I'd put here anyway.
maxresdefault.jpg

If that leak is true(which it looks like it is) then congratulations we've got Wolf back (and Lucas too for those of you who are Lucas fans as well). The photo is from September 26 of last year.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet or if anyone is even aware of it but I thought I'd put here anyway.
View attachment 36385
If that leak is true(which it looks like it is) then congratulations we've got Wolf back (and Lucas too for those of you who are Lucas fans as well). The photo is from September 26 of last year.
Was considered fake since September 27th :troll:

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
View attachment 36385
Lucas and Wolf's renders were ripped from their 3ds trophies. It's fake.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
So was Mewtwo's, who has a completely different appearance than its trophy (we did get a peak during the 50-fact, didn't we?)
Yes we did. This photo popped up at least a month before the 50-fact thing and it was known to be fake the day it was found.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I always thought Lucas and Wolf had a pretty solid chance anyways. They are, after all, fan favorites and were more than likely planned but cut due to time constraints, hate me if you want but I also see Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle being likely as their code can be ripped from Brawl and easily updated. Newcomers are the character I think have the least shot with Mewtwo being an exception to that, sorta.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I always thought Lucas and Wolf had a pretty solid chance anyways. They are, after all, fan favorites and were more than likely planned but cut due to time constraints, hate me if you want but I also see Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle being likely as their code can be ripped from Brawl and easily updated. Newcomers are the character I think have the least shot with Mewtwo being an exception to that, sorta.
Well, how many people actually want Snake to return? I don't think he fits well with the rest of the cast, but that's just me. As for Squirtle, Greninja effectively took his place, being another water-type starter and all. Now I don't know what to say about Ivysaur, but if we were to go by the Greninja logic, we could possibly get a different grass-type starter who might be high on the popularity list. Or they could just say "screw it" and bring back Ivysaur, I don't know, it's hard to say at this point.

Mewtwo isn't exactly a newcomer, he's more of a lost veteran.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, how many people actually want Snake to return? I don't think he fits well with the rest of the cast, but that's just me. As for Squirtle, Greninja effectively took his place, being another water-type starter and all. Now I don't know what to say about Ivysaur, but if we were to go by the Greninja logic, we could possibly get a different grass-type starter who might be high on the popularity list. Or they could just say "screw it" and bring back Ivysaur, I don't know, it's hard to say at this point.

Mewtwo isn't exactly a newcomer, he's more of a lost veteran.
Quite a large amount, actually, with most others not caring either way. The reason I see them all being likely is simply because of the ease of porting them over with Squirtle and Ivysaur being the hardest to accommodate for as that would require the designers to develop a new move for both. Like you said Squirtle doesn't seem likely, neither does Ivysaur, but even less so a new grass-type starter. This in turn makes Snake the easiest to port over straight from Brawl as a few changes to his general fighting (dem hitboxes) would be necessary, the only foreseeable hurdle would be licensing which I doubt would be a problem. This is all assuming of course that more DLC will be a thing and Wolf and Lucas are first in line.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Quite a large amount, actually, with most others not caring either way. The reason I see them all being likely is simply because of the ease of porting them over with Squirtle and Ivysaur being the hardest to accommodate for as that would require the designers to develop a new move for both. Like you said Squirtle doesn't seem likely, neither does Ivysaur, but even less so a new grass-type starter. This in turn makes Snake the easiest to port over straight from Brawl as a few changes to his general fighting (dem hitboxes) would be necessary, the only foreseeable hurdle would be licensing which I doubt would be a problem. This is all assuming of course that more DLC will be a thing and Wolf and Lucas are first in line.
It still surprises me that Snake was the Konami rep to actually make it into Smash rather than a character from a series that has a more extensive history with Nintendo(Castlevania comes to mind). But whatever, what's done is done.

If they were to bring any of those two starters back, I would imagine that Sakurai's team would try to revamp them like they did with Charizard, who got almost completely reworked at that. I'm wondering if Charizard was the only one they could work with in the time they had. Reworking characters is a tough job like you said and according to Sakurai, that kind of job takes time, and a lot of it. I don't foresee Squirtle or Ivysaur returning either, as I see Mewtwo as the last PKMN we're getting this generation.

I personally don't care if Snake returns or not, he's just not my kind of character. But for those who do want him, more power to them and to Sakurai....assuming he can get the rights to use him again.

If Mewtwo does as well as I think he's going to, it might galvanize Sakurai's team to get to work on the other fan-favorites that didn't quite make it, Wolf and Lucas included.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It still surprises me that Snake was the Konami rep to actually make it into Smash rather than a character from a series that has a more extensive history with Nintendo(Castlevania comes to mind). But whatever, what's done is done.

If they were to bring any of those two starters back, I would imagine that Sakurai's team would try to revamp them like they did with Charizard, who got almost completely reworked at that. I'm wondering if Charizard was the only one they could work with in the time they had. Reworking characters is a tough job like you said and according to Sakurai, that kind of job takes time, and a lot of it. I don't foresee Squirtle or Ivysaur returning either, as I see Mewtwo as the last PKMN we're getting this generation.

I personally don't care if Snake returns or not, he's just not my kind of character. But for those who do want him, more power to them and to Sakurai....assuming he can get the rights to use him again.

If Mewtwo does as well as I think he's going to, it might galvanize Sakurai's team to get to work on the other fan-favorites that didn't quite make it, Wolf and Lucas included.
That's not to say that Snake doesn't have history with Nintendo after all Miyamoto did work on a game in the series, the only other 3rd party character to share that honor is Pac-Man, but I totally agree Simon was my go-to for a Konami rep but Snake is now a part of the Smash Bros. family so.

Reworking characters does take allot and it's easier to work form the ground up (sometimes) rather than editing an older model, and I agree with you on those last points totally.

That's the general consensus for most non-Snake fans as well, I can't see why anyone would absolutely WANT him cut that's counter-intuitive isn't it?

Mewtwo is already doing well and will continue to do well as paid DLC due to his popularity and veteran status. The fact that Wolf and Lucas were cut at all is baffling to say the least their uniqueness should have guaranteed a spot on the roster as they don't have the same problem with licensing as Snake does. Leaving the characters cut from the game and not released as DLC would be ignorant from a business stand-point on Nintendo's part I have complete and total faith that they will eventually be released.

Edit: I just realized I wrote this giant post just to say "I agree". whoops.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I just realized we don't even have a Wolf4DLC twitter account, we at least need a twitter.
We need one, as well as a Wolf DLC facebook page, if there are already Wolf DLC supporters on Twiiter and Facebook, please post them here, so they can be added to the list.

We need many supporters to win Sakurai over.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We need one, as well as a Wolf DLC facebook page, if there are already Wolf DLC supporters on Twiiter and Facebook, please post them here, so they can be added to the list.

We need many supporters to win Sakurai over.
If I could be so bold, my friend, you should be at the helm of this operation. Controlling the Twitter account and what not. We need to come up with a time for all our supporters in this thread to spam a hash-tag that you create.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If I could be so bold, my friend, you should be at the helm of this operation. Controlling the Twitter account and what not. We need to come up with a time for all our supporters in this thread to spam a hash-tag that you create.
I'd love to, but I'm starting to get less free time now, I'm currently devoting energy to searching through youtube comments sections to find Wolf supporters there, I would really appreciate some help with a twitter and Facebook Wolf for DLC page.:)

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd love to, but I'm starting to get less free time now, I'm currently devoting energy to searching through youtube comments sections to find Wolf supporters there, I would really appreciate some help with a twitter and Facebook Wolf for DLC page.:)
I could set a twitter up, not a facebook though, but updating and keeping up with operations and such would be an undertaking that both of us would have to share. Meaning that we should continue this conversation in a private message.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sorry for the Double Post. But the Wolf4DLC Twitter account is up! (and a little rusty) Be sure to follow us to support our favorite Galactic Mercenary.

Wolf4DLC be sure to use #Wolf4DLC to support our cause.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't know if you guys are aware but they've been having these Smash Bros. Wii U photo challenges on Miiverse and apparently Sakurai himself as well as other development team members view these photos and they pick their favorites and show them off. These challenges have a theme based around it, the theme this time is "Uh-oh!". You guys can post photos with Wolf around this theme (shouldn't be too hard, just have him do something conniving) and Sakurai and the team could see it and possibly show it off as one of their favorites! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073541293230 Make sure to review the rules.

Spatman

Smash Ace
count me in.

If there are petitions for other cutted veterans, could someone link me those, please?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, somehow we have the Pixels movie, starring Adam Sandler, following us on twitter.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So, somehow we have the Pixels movie, starring Adam Sandler, following us on twitter.
I've never even heard of this movie until now, it seems interesting. I'm guessing whoever runs the twitter account is a big Starfox/Wolf fan, but I have to wonder how they found the account so fast.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Sign me right up for the supporter list. Smash 4's biggest crime outside of making Ridley a punching bag was cutting Wolf. I'm here to try and help fix at least the latter problem.

Wolf 4 DLC

Top Bottom