• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I overreacted. I do sincerely apologize. Making it worse for myself. I am quite a rager. I like to be very temperamental. However I am being serious when I say that I don't like the moderators. They are the only thing that has ever offended me on this forum. Not stupid little arguments that flame a certain characters, not even when people call Wolf a clone. But the moderators did. It seems that way on most big forums.

And yes I will probably be going mostly inactive. You may see me from time to time but I am really fed up. Smashboards provides me with news on Smash Bros, and I suppose that is all it will be for a while.

D

Deleted member

I know. I'm going to be taking a break for a couple of days. Till probably Friday. Just to get away. I love this place and the smash community is great. It's just with the drought of news. It's good to focus on other things. When I get back I'll continue to support Wolf. Hopefully I see you guys in a new social thread or something. Stay strong I stand with you guys. And you all have a great Halloween Awooo!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
With the closure of the threads, I may not come to smashboards as often as I normally do, well I'll still come, just in lurker mode. To be honest I haven't been playing smash much either, mainly due to lack of interest in it. Also weren't we gonna send good ole stealth a picture of Wolf dressed as Tingle just to mess with him?:awesome:

D

Deleted member

I like RogersBase and enjoy his content. He just got wrong info. But his credibility got hurt but still enjoy his stuff. Stealth seems cool. But for the heck of it you guys should do that.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I like RogersBase and enjoy his content. He just got wrong info. But his credibility got hurt but still enjoy his stuff. Stealth seems cool. But for the heck of it you guys should do that.
I'd hardly call a sniveling child who said he'd "hang himself" if Wolf (among others) got in "cool", but that's just me. Not to be hostile, but I can't STAND people like that.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'm aware. I was referring to Stealth, not Roger, trust me.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This thread should've closed because Wolf was announced, not because the moderation deemed these threads have served their purpose. To be honest, I'm not sure why these threads wouldn't just stay open until Smash 4 DLC was finished. It's obvious they're not finished after all. I suppose the idea is that eventually, we simply probably wont know when DLC is done and it's better to close this threads now rather than later? Example: People still not sure Mario Kart is done with it's DLC. Whatever the reason, although I find it an odd choice, I'll roll with it.

In any case, over on the Krystal thread IsmaR implied that if Krystal got announced he could move her "support thread" over into her Smash 4 character board and the old thread could become the social thread there. Though IsmaR is the Krystal thread OP, at least by inheritance, so it might be something he could do easier for that thread. Still, in theory, any mod could move a character's support thread to their character board if they're announced. There's still a great chance Wolf will be announced and eventually this thread here could be moved into his character board. I think you need only ask a mod. I'm hoping to see this thread on it's own character board before long, heh. Yep, I'm still optimistic even after all this time.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
In any case, over on the Krystal thread IsmaR implied that if Krystal got announced he could move her "support thread" over into her Smash 4 character board and the old thread could become the social thread there. Though IsmaR is the Krystal thread OP, at least by inheritance, so it might be something he could do easier for that thread. Still, in theory, any mod could move a character's support thread to their character board if they're announced. There's still a great chance Wolf will be announced and eventually this thread here could be moved into his character board. I think you need only ask a mod.
IsmaR said:
In the event Wolf gets announced either before or shortly after the lock, this thread would be salvaged and moved to the new Wolf character forum.
All that remains is for Wolf to get announced and we're good to go.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Oh, did he say that here too? I don't see that he did. I trust it was said somewhere and the offer stands for probably any character regardless.
It was said on the last page. :p

And I'm pretty sure it applies to all characters unless said character boards want to start a brand new social thread like the Roy boards did.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It was said on the last page. :p

And I'm pretty sure it applies to all characters unless said character boards want to start a brand new social thread like the Roy boards did.
That's cool. The thing Roy's thread did... how does that work? Feel like I've heard a few people mention something similar but it appears most everyone is moving to that social board Oni made. I suppose Oni's board is dedicated to continuing the character support threads here and that's why everyone is going there. Where is the Roy thread/board/whatever anyways?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
That's cool. The thing Roy's thread did... how does that work? Feel like I've heard a few people mention something similar but it appears most everyone is moving to that social board Oni made. I suppose Oni's board is dedicated to continuing the character support threads here and that's why everyone is going there. Where is the Roy thread/board/whatever anyways?
Oh, I was just referring to how when Roy got confirmed, instead of turning his old support thread into the social thread, they just made a new one from scratch.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Oh, I see. So Roy's old support thread is archived somewhere then and not revived in any way?
Pretty much. If you go to his board, you'll see the "Roy Social" thread stared on June 15th 2015. If you scroll through the pages, you'll find the old support thread locked away. It got locked on June 19th 2015 so it was open for a bit after his confirmation, but I guess they wanted a fresh start or something.

By comparison, Mewtwo and Lucas got their old support threads re-branded as social threads when they were confirmed instead of starting new.

Personally, I'm fine with either option that happens to this thread but I think the wolf pack/regulars here will/want this thread to become the Wolf Social Thread instead of starting a new one.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Pretty much. If you go to his board, you'll see the "Roy Social" thread stared on June 15th 2015. If you scroll through the pages, you'll find the old support thread locked away. It got locked on June 19th 2015 so it was open for a bit after his confirmation, but I guess they wanted a fresh start or something.

By comparison, Mewtwo and Lucas got their old support threads re-branded as social threads when they were confirmed instead of starting new.

Personally, I'm fine with either option that happens to this thread but I think the wolf pack/regulars here will/want this thread to become the Wolf Social Thread instead of starting a new one.
Thanks for explaining Jester. I was obviously a bit confused, heh.

I agree that it would be fun if this thread became the social thread on Wolf's board. Would create some continuity and help the social board there be more active most likely.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I read that Nintendo will be having an investor meeting this week, if we're lucky we might get a direct and Wolf.
Any idea what day the meeting is? Regardless, Nintendo's still active on marketing other games, so Sm4sh DLC and the investor meeting probably don't have that much correlation.

D

Deleted member

I think they announce the yearly earning results on Wednesday. Then Thrusday is the Invester's meeting. Hopefully we get something soon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just going to leave this site altogether now.

I will not be in the presence of such abusive moderators.

Good bye, and **** you and your stupid *** rules moderators. Freedom of speech is a thing you ****wads.
Just catching up on the thread so I apologize in advance if this is outdated stuff, but in no way is closing a thread legitimately constituted as an act of abuse. And Freedom of Speech doesn't apply to a privately owned website; it protects people from being prosecuted or otherwise harmed for their speech by the government.

That being said, if you have an issue with the staff you can always bring it up in a private message or Forum Support without bringing it up in public.

Just catching up on the thread so I apologize in advance if this is outdated stuff, but in no way is closing a thread legitimately constituted as an act of abuse. And Freedom of Speech doesn't apply to a privately owned website; it protects people from being prosecuted or otherwise harmed for their speech by the government.

That being said, if you have an issue with the staff you can always bring it up in a private message or Forum Support without bringing it up in public.

I don't think that's the reason he was angry. I think it's because he got a warning from a post where he was talking about Etika's poll.

EDIT: Never mind, that was the reason for it after all.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Don't know about anyone else, but I'll still be hanging around this thread until it shuts down. This thread is the reason I joined this site in the first place so at the very least I gotta see this thread to the (hopefully just temporary) end.

Also I might be the only one who thinks this, but I also miss (and will miss) StormshockNightbringer's likes. They were a highlight of this thread and I enjoyed getting them.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Don't know about anyone else, but I'll still be hanging around this thread until it shuts down. This thread is the reason I joined this site in the first place so at the very least I gotta see this thread to the (hopefully just temporary) end.

Also I might be the only one who thinks this, but I also miss (and will miss) StormshockNightbringer's likes. They were a highlight of this thread and I enjoyed getting them.
Exactly my feelings.

Though StormshockNightbringer's likes? Did he like stop liking every post or said he will not like the post in new thread?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Exactly my feelings.

Though StormshockNightbringer's likes? Did he like stop liking every post or said he will not like the post in new thread?
All I know is that he liked about 5 posts on page 290, than just stopped liking posts all together. Not sure why he stopped and I don't know if he'll continue liking posts in the new thread either since he hasn't said anything about it.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
All I know is that he liked about 5 posts on page 290, than just stopped liking posts all together. Not sure why he stopped and I don't know if he'll continue liking posts in the new thread either since he hasn't said anything about it.
I remember @NonSpecificGuy saying something about getting infracted for like spamming, maybe that's what happened to him.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Two users in the Bandana Dee thread have liked almost every post in the thread, and never got any infractions. I doubt you can get infracted for "like spamming".
He used to like every single post in multiple threads, but then he said he got in trouble or something. I'd ask him directly though.

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Ha, ha, ha, it's sad that the staff can point out everyone else's flaws but not their own. The staff on almost all large scale forums are incredibly arrogant, far too strict, and think they are something special. The staff don't understand that a forum is not some sort of formal civilized government debate or something, a forum is where I come to socialize and talk with people on the Internet about whatever I want (in this case, of course, this forum is about Smash Bros, so that is what I am here to talk about). You, as a moderator, are here to make sure everyone is safe, happy, and satisfied by setting out certain rules and enforcing them. However, when you are offending forum members, making them angry, and acting hostile if someone is to correct you, you are doing the exact opposite of your "job." You never seem to have any fun and can't seem to socialize with anyone but other staff or higher ranking members.

And that... that is why I am angry. Angry with the way moderators behave, how strict and arrogant they are, and the fact that they take their job way too seriously.

With that, I would not care if I was permanently banned at this point. I don't have the sort of fun I used to have on this forum anymore.

Again, you serve us, you moderators serve the people. NOT the other way around. Stop acting like it.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Another Wolf rumour is popping, it says the next DLC batch will include him + Isaac and Inklings.

If is true then it means K. Tool won the ballot

D

Deleted member

I don't believe a single leak. These days their something till we get news but their fake. I feel like Wolf, Isaac, and Inklings coming would be great as those are three characters I want in. King K. Rool especially but. Let's just take this with a grain of salt. I'm sure we all already are.

D

Deleted member

PKFreeze89 is there. A link to the leak? Or is it been taken down or deleted already?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Agreed. I'll move when the places I hang get locked. At least there's places to go over on Oni's forum after that.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Ha, ha, ha, it's sad that the staff can point out everyone else's flaws but not their own. The staff on almost all large scale forums are incredibly arrogant, far too strict, and think they are something special. The staff don't understand that a forum is not some sort of formal civilized government debate or something, a forum is where I come to socialize and talk with people on the Internet about whatever I want (in this case, of course, this forum is about Smash Bros, so that is what I am here to talk about). You, as a moderator, are here to make sure everyone is safe, happy, and satisfied by setting out certain rules and enforcing them. However, when you are offending forum members, making them angry, and acting hostile if someone is to correct you, you are doing the exact opposite of your "job." You never seem to have any fun and can't seem to socialize with anyone but other staff or higher ranking members.

And that... that is why I am angry. Angry with the way moderators behave, how strict and arrogant they are, and the fact that they take their job way too seriously.

With that, I would not care if I was permanently banned at this point. I don't have the sort of fun I used to have on this forum anymore.

Again, you serve us, you moderators serve the people. NOT the other way around. Stop acting like it.
Maybe it's just me, but i've never had any issue with the moderators. The few times i've gotten warnings from them were justified (i.e. Showing art with strong profanity).
:gawmelee:

D

Deleted member

I think they've announced the release date of Mario Kart 8 at on before. But that's the only thing I can remember. Given it's an Invester meeting I think it'll just be news about their mobile games, sales of Wii U/3DS Games. And maybe a brief mention of NX. So it's possible they may say something but I wouldn't hold my breath. We'll just have to wait and see. Though but don't expect anything to significant.

Top Bottom