• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Not sure of the smash context but extra menu's, UI's that kind of thing isn't very large, animations, sounds all that kind of thing take up the majority of a patch. Considering this patch is 500mb it is possible we may get a character, those features plus the mii content.

Apparently some people are getting the update for 3ds and wii u already. However I imagine the actual content may not be available for purchase until after maintenance. Also keep in mind when you buy dlc more data gets downloaded so the patch sizes you see here doesnt just download everything just the files needed to make the actual data of any content you buy work/smooth.

http://imgur.com/uOx74qC
http://imgur.com/mGgJzPb
TOO MUCH,TOO MUCH,I AM NOT FREAKN DELETING MY VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME(SUPER MARIO BROS.)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also it appears the Ryu/Roy leaks took 2 days before that was made available.

According to one Dataminer apparently 45 characters in the cast received changes of some sort while 17 didn't receive any changes at all.
Okay then. A few days is worth it.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
If it hasn't been mentioned, there's a Fighter Bundle #1 up now on the eShop, consisting of the first four DLC characters.
The main takeaway being that they appear to intend for there to be enough additional characters for a Fighter Bundle #2.
Four more characters are a good bet, and I'd say Wolf's chances just skyrocketed.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
If it hasn't been mentioned, there's a Fighter Bundle #1 up now on the eShop, consisting of the first four DLC characters.
The main takeaway being that they appear to intend for there to be enough additional characters for a Fighter Bundle #2.
Four more characters are a good bet, and I'd say Wolf's chances just skyrocketed.
Yeah noticed that when I was buying some stuff. Hopefully we get some announcement/release in the coming weeks and/or they datamine and find some evidence of who/when for new DLC.

Wolf is pretty much the overall combined most likely and popular pick at the moment. We didn't get no Wolf costume like some people were thinking, you guys can chillax =p

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hmmm...

https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP

The Japanese Smash Bros Twitter site has not said a thing since the update came today.

I am not saying this will happen for sure, but what if the next thing they say later on is about a Direct of some kind?

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Guys the DLC is out now. I just bought it. Two stages and a bunch of Mii costumes

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
And the Dr Mario stage and KK slider / Totakeke Mii? Are free? I did not watched on the eShop

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
And the Dr Mario stage and Tokakeke Mii? Are free? I did not watched on the eShop
I haven't seen anyone deconfirm the Dr mario Stage yet, no word on if any hints of it in the patch so far from datamining but perhaps its coming later on in another content pack.

What is Tokakeke?

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
The singer dog from animal crossing with the guitar as Mii gunner
I don't remember his name xD

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Considering initially they had a vague 'August' date and we got all this stuff on the last day of July I'm sure at least one more content pack/character could drop before Smash Ballot in October.

Although Offline tournament mode did not get included in this patch. YouTube replays definitely need improvement. Its limited to 720, 30 FPS, Max 3 minutes. 720p is fine honestly, although the option to upload in 1080 would be nice. However a 60FPS option should be a mandatory option. 3 minutes also needs to be at least doubled.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Anyone tested what happens with replay uploads to youtube if they are longer then 3 minutes? Does it;

• Prevent you from attempting to upload at all?
  • Only upload first 3 minutes of the match?
  • Allow upload of any 3 minute chunk of a match?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Is this new YouTube uploader thing anything like the Mario Kart TV feature from Mario Kart 8?

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just gonna say it.

I honestly feel like this patch has done nothing but boost Wolf's chances for one, main reason.

"Character Bundle 1#"

At first, I honestly thought that we'd be getting a rather small amount of DLC characters after the last datamine only showing 2 blank spots, but now I'm pretty confident that we'll get anywhere from 3-4 more characters.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Is this new YouTube uploader thing anything like the Mario Kart TV feature from Mario Kart 8?
Not really. It literally just adds a option to upload replays from within the replay menu itself.

I'm just gonna say it.

I honestly feel like this patch has done nothing but boost Wolf's chances for one, main reason.

"Character Bundle 1#"

At first, I honestly thought that we'd be getting a rather small amount of DLC characters after the last datamine only showing 2 blank spots, but now I'm pretty confident that we'll get anywhere from 3-4 more characters.
Could be 2 pre ballot and 2 post. I always thought 4-6 more characters was always likely but 2 at the minimum due to those hidden mario slots.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
I'm just gonna say it.

"Character Bundle 1#"

Thank you for these comforting words in these trying times.
You're right though, that bundle only helps. I just really hope Wolf would get added soon. I'm just confused as to why we would have to wait so long for a veteran, when other veterans are being poured in as quickly as they have.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Thank you for these comforting words in these trying times.
You're right though, that bundle only helps. I just really hope Wolf would get added soon. I'm just confused as to why we would have to wait so long for a veteran, when other veterans are being poured in as quickly as they have.
If Wolf has been changed/redesigned in SFZ especially compared to this Brawl/Assault look then you can imagine why they may want to hold off on on revealing his new look early. Plenty of other reasons too.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Nintendo of America stated: "The Mii costumes don´t have anything to do with the ballot"

Well, maybe K Rool Costume was planned long before the ballot? Duno

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Updating both versions now. That way, I can save myself the trouble from having to do it later.

First things I'm gonna buy are the two stages.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Let's do a good thing for our Wolf?

Are you a true Wolf supporter?
Wolf fans and supporters,
start using Wolf as your avatar's main characters from Brawl and Project M
:D

Last edited:
I have a (probably not new) question about Wolf: How many of Wolf's supporters actually mained him in Brawl/Project M?

I personally didn't main Wolf, but I still want him back, because he was an unique character, we need more villains in Smash and cutting him made less sense than the other cuts.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Nintendo of America stated: "The Mii costumes don´t have anything to do with the ballot"

Well, maybe K Rool Costume was planned long before the ballot? Duno
Source? The Ballot isn't exactly a vote but they would want people to think that their opinions matter so of course they wouldn't publicly say K.Rool is out etc... This is just the Sakurai and clone nonsense all over again.

I have a (probably not new) question about Wolf: How many of Wolf's supporters actually mained him in Brawl/Project M?

I personally didn't main Wolf, but I still want him back, because he was an unique character, we need more villains in Smash and cutting him made less sense than the other cuts.
I mained him.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Slippy for Mii Gunner or riot.
Nooo. What about Krystal instead? :troll:

They made costumes for many franchises, but nothing about Star Fox.
And hopefully this will mean something.
Also nothing for Mario, Pokémon and Kid Icarus (plus all other 1 rep franchises). So nothing special there.

Well I already main Wolf so lol

See above. Although this happened after I came here, but I have always planned to main him, just that I didn't have the chance to.

Updating both versions now. That way, I can save myself the trouble from having to do it later.

First things I'm gonna buy are the two stages.
Dunno, I don't really want to update... The so-called "balance" patch removed Fox's one of the most useful setup...

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Back Slash buff sounds beautiful. Robin buffs are excellent as well as are Palutena and Kirby buffs. Disappointing that Falcon was nerfed but at least they didn't touch the sacred knee.

Overall I'm pleased. Now if they'll just announce Wolf already...

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Been up there since I joined mate. Wolf has topped the KO boards on my Brawl copy since launch with some 3000 or so KOs (not counting ones on my friend's wii), ahead of Lucas and Ness, my brother's mains.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Are you seriously? I'm just learning that techinique since I picked up Fox as a secondary. You telling me I can't do that no more?
The properties got altered so you can't do it standing still. From what I've seen you may be still able to do it if you move forward each time but overall yeah probably not something you should be doing.

The improved down B is something you may want to be looking into though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The properties got altered so you can't do it standing still. From what I've seen you may be still able to do it if you move forward each time but overall yeah probably not something you should be doing.

The improved down B is something you may want to be looking into though.
Sounds pretty sweet. I'll look into that later.

Logo12

Smash Lord
The shine isn't even useful, the ending lag makes it unable to combo out of, and it's not quite useful on offstage gimping where nair would have worked better.

...I'm more convinced on switching fully to Wolf once he got in...

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
And the Dr Mario stage and KK slider / Totakeke Mii? Are free? I did not watched on the eShop
Dr.Mario stage is fake
His name is K.K Slider(you get the costme upon startup(he is free once you download the update fully)

Wolf has skyrocketed into first,he survived the dreamcrusher patch

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Dr.Mario stage is fake
His name is K.K Slider(you get the costme upon startup(he is free once you download the update fully)

Wolf has skyrocketed into first,he survived the dreamcrusher patch
Dr Mario could come later. Did the leaker/photoshop artist share a release date?

Top Bottom