• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think that they'd only add one more character from Brawl into sm4sh.
I don't understand any reason to make this assumption.

Ether way it doesn't matter. Snake and Wolf both have a solid chance to make it back in, Wolf more so than Snake.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
I don't understand any reason to make this assumption.

Ether way it doesn't matter. Snake and Wolf both have a solid chance to make it back in, Wolf more so than Snake.
I totally agree with you on Wolf having the best chance but the reason why I think they'll only put one more character from brawl is because people would get tired of just veterans coming back and get angry that they weren't in the game originally, rather people would be happier to see new faces come into the mix rather then returning fighters. That's just my personal speculation though. I'm actually curious for some other peoples take on this theory.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I totally agree with you on Wolf having the best chance but the reason why I think they'll only put one more character from brawl is because people would get tired of just veterans coming back and get angry that they weren't in the game originally, rather people would be happier to see new faces come into the mix rather then returning fighters. That's just my personal speculation though. I'm actually curious for some other peoples take on this theory.
My theory is that there are two pre-ballot characters yet to be revealed, noting the two left-over "Mario" slots still left untouched in the data. This means that these two slots could be reserved for characters already being worked on and the two most logical would be Wolf and Snake. I don't think people are getting tired of veterans honestly. Mewtwo hadn't seen daylight since Melee, so he is a newcomer/veteran; Roy is the same way plus his moveset got changed just enough to make him feel new; Lucas is, so far, the only straight-port veteran we have received, the others received a big overhaul.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
My theory is that there are two pre-ballot characters yet to be revealed, noting the two left-over "Mario" slots still left untouched in the data. This means that these two slots could be reserved for characters already being worked on and the two most logical would be Wolf and Snake. I don't think people are getting tired of veterans honestly. Mewtwo hadn't seen daylight since Melee, so he is a newcomer/veteran; Roy is the same way plus his moveset got changed just enough to make him feel new; Lucas is, so far, the only straight-port veteran we have received, the others received a big overhaul.
Mewtwo is vastly different I think because once they applied him to the sm4sh physics engine, they decided that to make him work in the newest game, they could tweak ALOT of thing with him while at the same time keeping everything the same, don't believe they changed any move just the properties of the moves (could be wrong though). As for Roy, He's an entirely different character, I honestly have no defense for that he's just someone else. And while I do hope/believe that one of those characters are Wolf I also do think that one will be a newcomer. It is possible that both are just placeholders for new characters or Sakuri left both of those in there as red-herrings. Who knows, fun to talk about though : D

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
If anything, the fact that Fox has a pallet swap to make him look like wolf is a bigger threat to his chances than a Mii costume threat. Which i still dont see as grounds for he cant get in anymore because MII!!!
Speaking of miis i dont understand why theyre releasing sooooo many costumes, but we still cant play them online except with friends. Nintendo logic at its best....
Wario...nuff said
And as for Mii costumes,dont know why they did DLC for that,maybe to make the characters that didn't get in,get in as Miis because"That's what you'd want"right

EDIT:GUYS ONE HOUR TILL THE UPDATE,ALL WILL BE REVEALED,ONE HOUR TILL 7:00AM JPT(MIGHT HAVE BEN WRONG,IF ONLY @ Logo12 Logo12 WAS UP

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Wario...nuff said
And as for Mii costumes,dont know why they did DLC for that,maybe to make the characters that didn't get in,get in as Miis because"That's what you'd want"right

EDIT:GUYS ONE HOUR TILL THE UPDATE,ALL WILL BE REVEALED,ONE HOUR TILL 7:00AM JPT
What time would that be in EST?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
GOT MY INFO ON TWITTER(MAYBE WRONG)SAYING THAT ITS ALMOST SEVEN IN JAPAN,BUT IT WOULD BE 5:00(SO IM WRONG,SORRY BROS)
NO PROBLEM BUDDY! I DOUBT THEY RELEASE IT AT 7:00 ON THE DOT ANYWAYS!

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
It would be 6pm EST, right? because it'll be 5pm Central. I'm really not feeling like we're getting Wolf, and I am sad. I'll shut up until then though, no need for any more pessimism.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
After getting 3 characters last update, It makes sense for there not to be a character in the next major update right after.
Though at the least they could announce a character that would release in the next update, since there really won't be much to look forward to after all this stuff launches.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Though at the least they could announce a character that would release in the next update, since there really won't be much to look forward to after all this stuff launches.
There hasn't been stuff to look forward to for quite a while now.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
We haven't heard anything about a Direct, so I don't really think that a new character or two will be dropping tomorrow; although I do remain hopeful. A trailer for a new character with a TBA at the end would help get us out of the dark, though. If it is a trailer, all they really would have to do is put the video on YouTube and share it on Twitter. I just think that a nicely promoted update like this would kinda be a miss without any character info. We got stages and costumes, sure, but it still seems a bit lackluster.

Also, has there been any sort of confirmation for a balance patch tomorrow? Or are we literally just going to be left in the dark until the update drops?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
After getting 3 characters last update, It makes sense for there not to be a character in the next major update right after.
inb4 Isaac Mii costume

There goes the only newcomer I thought could fit(K.Rool would be too K.Rool for me,if you know what I mean),maybe Inklings too but the costume tho
We haven't heard anything about a Direct, so I don't really think that a new character or two will be dropping tomorrow; although I do remain hopeful. A trailer for a new character with a TBA at the end would help get us out of the dark, though. If it is a trailer, all they really would have to do is put the video on YouTube and share it on Twitter. I just think that a nicely promoted update like this would kinda be a miss without any character info. We got stages and costumes, sure, but it still seems a bit lackluster.

Also, has there been any sort of confirmation for a balance patch tomorrow? Or are we literally just going to be left in the dark until the update drops?
All I hope is that the patch doesnt fix the PacMan glitch(I loved that glitch),and destory my funny For Glory and For Fun replays(I got a double kill with a 9)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It is now only less than 30 minutes until it is 8 AM in Japan. Like I said in that other thread, would be reasonable that the update we'll be getting comes around that time.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
A few hours left (if it is around the same time as yesterday), I´ll try to get some sleep, but I doubt I´ll get any.
The K Rool thing keeps me awake. At this point, I´m a little distant and dissapointed.

If I´m realistic I´m gona wake up to 3 more Mii costumes and that will be all. Sigh

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well I'll be at work all night, which is all I need to pass the time. It also means it's payday. $_$

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Maintenance is happening now so should be available within the hour.

If anything, the fact that Fox has a pallet swap to make him look like wolf is a bigger threat to his chances than a Mii costume threat. Which i still dont see as grounds for he cant get in anymore because MII!!!
Speaking of miis i dont understand why theyre releasing sooooo many costumes, but we still cant play them online except with friends. Nintendo logic at its best....
Marth has Roy colours, Ness has all of Lucas' specials yet both of them returned. That on its own doesn't mean much.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Just checked. It's under maintenance. According to some, the update is 500MB. That usually signifies something big. Preferably with grey fur and claws. Anyways, thanks @ shane3x shane3x for the heads-up. You saved a few replays I still needed to record for SIS.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
How do you know?
Generally when they take down the servers to do maintenance they are getting the patch ready so you'd expect the patch to be available shortly after.

Just checked. It's under maintenance. According to some, the update is 500MB. That usually signifies something big. Preferably with grey fur and claws. Anyways, thanks @ shane3x shane3x for the heads-up. You saved a few replays I still needed to record for SIS.
Possibly. Here's hoping. We will know soon enough.

RBT on Twitter said:
Of course, the way Nintendo packs their update files, it could just be a replacement patch archive from earlier with some changed files.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Generally when they take down the servers to do maintenance they are getting the patch ready so you'd expect the patch to be available shortly after.
Alright, if you say so. Say, how much data are the Mii costumes worth?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Alright, if you say so. Say, how much data are the Mii costumes worth?
I'm working on trying to find out whatever I can now, I'm not a person who datamines the patches or anything. So far according to a few people the Mewtwo Patch was 455mb which had Mewtwo and a bunch of mii content (dont remember if any stages came with it I dont think so though) so it is possible this could include a character.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I'm working on trying to find out whatever I can now, I'm not a person who datamines the patches or anything. So far according to a few people the Mewtwo Patch was 455mb which had Mewtwo and a bunch of mii content (dont remember if any stages came with it I dont think so though) so it is possible this could include a character.
Don't forget tourney and the YouTube feature tho; unless you're referring to the 3ds version.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
TOO BIG FOR TWO STAGES AND MII COSTUMES,CHARACTER OR TWO

WOLF AND ISAAC(Isaac only newcomer I can see,maybe Inklings but that costume tho)

OMGOSH GUYS RIDLEY CONFIRMED AS PLAYABLE:THE UPDATE IS SOOOO BIG

HERE IS HIS ART:
image.jpg

Guys isnt it convenient that every DLC patch had maintenence(EXCEPT THE MEWTWO PATCH!!)

What are we nicknaming this:THE DREAMCRUSHER PATCH,GLOOMY PATCH,GLOOM PATCH(GLOOMDLC CONFIRMED,MY19THCOUSINWORKSATEXXONWHOSE1337THCOUSINWORKSATSONY,WHOSNOOKINTO MICROSOFTHQ,ANDTOOKAMASTERCHIEFHELMETANDTOOKAPRIVATEJETTONAMCOBANDAIHQ,AND STOLETHEDLPLANSSHEETONSATURDAY7:06 AM,BUTWASARRESTEDTHENEXTDAYON 8:07AMINHIS RESORTHOTELROOMINVEGAS,PLANNINGTOPARTICIPATEINTHESFVTOURNAMENTATEVO2K152)MY IMAGINATION IS IMAGINATIVE

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Don't forget tourney and the YouTube feature tho; unless you're referring to the 3ds version.
Not sure of the smash context but extra menu's, UI's that kind of thing isn't very large, animations, sounds all that kind of thing take up the majority of a patch. Considering this patch is 500mb it is possible we may get a character, those features plus the mii content.

Apparently some people are getting the update for 3ds and wii u already. However I imagine the actual content may not be available for purchase until after maintenance. Also keep in mind when you buy dlc more data gets downloaded so the patch sizes you see here doesnt just download everything just the files needed to make the actual data of any content you buy work/smooth.

http://imgur.com/uOx74qC
http://imgur.com/mGgJzPb

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not sure of the smash context but extra menu's, UI's that kind of thing isn't very large, animations, sounds all that kind of thing take up the majority of a patch. Considering this patch is 500mb it is possible we may get a character, those features plus the mii content.

Apparently some people are getting the update for 3ds and wii u already. However I imagine the actual content may not be available for purchase until after maintenance. Also keep in mind when you buy dlc more data gets downloaded so the patch sizes you see here doesnt just download everything just the files needed to make the actual data of any content you buy work/smooth.
If the 500MB thing really is true, then there could be data for dataminers to find that shows characters that may be revealed in the next Direct...

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Guys. We got... nothing.
If the 500MB thing really is true, then there could be data for dataminers to find that shows characters that may be revealed in the next Direct...
At least one Dataminer is going to get started as soon as he can (RBT).

There are also possible balance changes since some are reporting old replays not working.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
At least one Dataminer is going to get started as soon as he can (RBT).

There are also possible balance changes since some are reporting old replays not working.
So we should hear something by the end of the day?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Ah. I heard that Mewtwo patch was datamined in a day or two.
Also it appears the Ryu/Roy leaks took 2 days before that was made available.

According to one Dataminer apparently 45 characters in the cast received changes of some sort while 17 didn't receive any changes at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom