• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If Wolf has been changed/redesigned in SFZ especially compared to this Brawl/Assault look then you can imagine why they may want to hold off on on revealing his new look early. Plenty of other reasons too.
Fox's design is pretty much the same, I don't see why they'd change Wolf's, plus that'd create inconsistencies between him, fox and falco

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
They'll probably just do with Wolf what they did with Fox and Falco: Just add more polygons to the model and upgrade the textures. They'd probably skip his new design because they can just easily port Wolf's model and skeleton over from Brawl, making him that much easier to implement. The only reason why I could see Wolf's design being updated to look more like Star Fox Zero is if Sakurai was told to do so, or if his design looks even more like Fox and Falco's. Either way, it'd still be easier to bring back his design from Brawl. Hopefully, they'll do the same with his voice, too.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
It had said there would be a Nintendo Direct, announcing 3 characters for Smash. 1 returning, 2 newcomers.
"Sakurai reveals 3 more newcomers, 2 are returning one is 3rd party. August 23rd if you wanted to know the date."
I don't know if this means that one of the 2 veterans is a 3rd party or one of the 3 is a 3rd party.

Also, take this like a grain of salt.

Last edited:

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
"Sakurai reveals 3 more newcomers, 2 are returning one is 3rd party. August 23rd if you wanted to know the date."
I don't know if this means that one of the 2 veterans is a 3rd party or one of the 3 are 3rd party.

Also, take this like a gran of salt.
Oops. My bad. Yeah I take any leak with some salt.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
It had said there would be a Nintendo Direct, announcing 3 characters for Smash. 1 returning, 2 newcomers.
No it sounds like 2 Returning Characters and one of those is third party. Basically Wolf and Snake. And one newcomer.

And I think it's fake as it says the direct is tomorrow.

Last edited:

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
No it sounds like 2 Returning Characters and one of those is third party. Basically Wolf and Snake. And one newcomer.

And I think it's fake as it says the direct is tomorrow.
This rumor was actually around for a bit, and yeah I made a mistake.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oops. My bad. Yeah I take any leak with some salt.
Unless the Direct is announced today, then the rumor is surely fake. What time of the day are Directs usually announced anyway? In the afternoon?

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Sounds like wishful thinking if you ask me. Still hope that it is true, nonetheless.

So, three new characters, huh? Two returning, and one third-party? Wolf, Snake, and Inklings are my predictions. However, I'd love to see Krystal or Sceptile before Inklings though.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
This says Sakurai will reveal 3 characters,I'm guessing Wolf,Snake,and Isaac
Also,the direct will release tommorow,according to the rumor(TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT,60%Real,40%Fake
I think that this rumour was made before they showed us the Mii fighters costumes, because before that we thought that the update with the Tournament mode would come in August, but it came today (31th July), so I think it's fake.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
While 3 sounds character soudns really unrealistic, I do assume atleast one "announcment" trailer in the august direct (or 23 or not).
I assume it´s gona be Wolf.

The funny thing is, we´re gona get a direct in August, I don´t doubt that, but this leak seems just "too predictable" for me.
Like a fan just wrote done stuff we are all waiting for. Still, let´s hope.
If it isn´t proven wrong until end of next week, I may take it seriously. :)

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
While 3 sounds character soudns really unrealistic, I do assume atleast one "announcment" trailer in the august direct (or 23 or not).

The funny thing is, we´re gona get a direct in August, I don´t doubt that, but this leak seems just "too predictable" for me.
The direct of that "leak" is "going" to be tomorrow (1st August), so we'll know today or tomorrow if they don't announce a Direct.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
We said that about 1/4/15.
That day had a direct??

Lucas,Roy,Ryu
Sure,Lucas was announced BEFORE the leaks,but it still counts tho
Wolf,Snake,and Isaac are possibly confirmed if we DO get a direct tommorow(IF THIS IS JUST MK8 STUFF,I WILL ULEASH MY FINAL SMASH,PK SALTSTORM)

EDIT:NVM,IT WASNT MK8 DLC TALK
EDIT:I think this 60%real,this sounds official,however it does sound like wishful
So who do you think these 3 characters are(UNLESS THERE ARE 5 CHARACTERS WERE GETTING)Choose 5:
Wolf,Snake,Isaac,Blaziken or Sceptile,and Leon or Krystal

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
This rumor is definitely to be taken with a tiny grain of salt. To me it sounds like wishful thinking but I'll at least keep an open mind I guess. If it is true, you can expect me to have reaction similar to Etika's Mewtwo reveal.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
No one can beat Etika's reaction:awesome:
Well, I can try. :chuckle:

EDIT: About the Direct on 1/4/15. I actually remember that Nintendo Direct very well. The big thing about it at the time was the New 3DS XL being released in the western countries. However, I don't remember that Nintendo Direct being rumored but my memory isn't all that great.

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can try. :chuckle:

EDIT: About the Direct on 1/4/15. I actually remember that Nintendo Direct very well. The big thing about it at the time was the New 3DS XL being released in the western countries. However, I don't remember that Nintendo Direct being rumored but my memory isn't all that great.
I was talking about the Aprils Fools Direct.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I was talking about the Aprils Fools Direct.
Oh shoot. Sorry, I got mixed up on the month and day.

EDIT: Why are so many people doubting K. Rool's chances now? I mean I know we have a Mii costume of him now but I think there is still hope. We already have a Meta Knight mask, a Link costume, and now a Samus costume but the actual characters are still in the game.

EDIT 2:

Long live King K. Rool

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Oh shoot. Sorry, I got mixed up on the month and day.

EDIT: Why are so many people doubting K. Rool's chances now? I mean I know we have a Mii costume of him now but I think there is still hope. We already have a Meta Knight mask, a Link costume, and now a Samus costume but the actual characters are still in the game.

EDIT 2:

Long live King K. Rool
I DONT KNOW HOW HE WILL PLAY MAN,I CAN SEE ISAAC AND INKLINGS BEING NEWCOMERS
I CAN AT LEAST THINK OF A MOVESET FOR THEM BOTH

Meta Knight mask was from the StreetPass Plaza,Link and Samus were after the game's launch
Inklings were made to promote Splatoon,King K.Rool has not been in a game for over a freakn DECADE,Mario Super Sluggers doesn't count

If anything King K.Rool should not be announced until near the end of the ballot

Isaac,Wolf,and Snake are coming in the fabled August Direct if the leak is real

DLC WAVE 4:Wolf,Snake,Isaac,Saffron City 64,Sector Z 64,Kremling Costume,Mario Outfit,Peach Oufit,Wolf costume(the animal,not Wolf himself),Shadow costume,Dixie Costume

DLC WAVE 5:King K.Rool,Lloyd,Bomberman,Inkling,Planet Zebes 64,Cerulean Cave(3DS EXCLUSIVE),Bowser's Castle(WII U EXCLUSIVE)Voice Change Option,Tournament Mode(3DS)(up to 40 people at a time),DLC ends and Sakurai officaily ends further development on SSB4

This is what it should look like

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I DONT KNOW HOW HE WILL PLAY MAN,I CAN SEE ISAAC AND INKLINGS BEING NEWCOMERS
I CAN AT LEAST THINK OF A MOVESET FOR THEM BOTH

Meta Knight mask was from the StreetPass Plaza,Link and Samus were after the game's launch
Inklings were made to promote Splatoon,King K.Rool has not been in a game for over a freakn DECADE,Mario Super Sluggers doesn't count

If anything King K.Rool should not be announced until near the end of the ballot

Isaac,Wolf,and Snake are coming in the fabled August Direct if the leak is real
His B-moves are kinda easy to figure out if you've played through the first three Donkey Kong Countries and 64. Everything else is a different story. I'm ok Isaac and Snake. Wolf is the only character I REALLY want so I don't really mind who else comes after Wolf. I'm just saying that K. Rool still has a chance but I agree that he's a post-ballot character.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
His B-moves are kinda easy to figure out if you've played through the first three Donkey Kong Countries and 64. Everything else is a different story. I'm ok Isaac and Snake. Wolf is the only character I REALLY want so I don't really mind who else comes after Wolf. I'm just saying that K. Rool still has a chance but I agree that he's a post-ballot character.
Well,I never played a Donkey Kong game,or Star Fox Game,or Golden Sun game,or a Zelda Game,or a MGS game,etc.

Mario,Smash,Pokémon,and Wii Party/Sports and more were the games I have played

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Well,I never played a Donkey Kong game,or Star Fox Game,or Golden Sun game,or a Zelda Game,or a MGS game,etc.

Mario,Smash,Pokémon,and Wii Party/Sports and more were the games I have played
That's quite alright. I've never played Golden Sun or MGS either.

Top Bottom