• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The drama seems to be strong in this place as of late. I am loving this.

K. Rool isn't a character I really care about(having played very few DK games), so whether he arrives as a full on character or just a Mii costume isn't that much of a big deal to me. But for those that do want him as a playable character, I'm pretty sure this news is somewhat distressing. Now what this really means for him is all up in the air at this point.

I guess we just wait and see what happens. As for the ballot I hope Wolf comes out on top just like Fox is thinking in the pic only 1 winner.

View attachment 64798
Pretty much. Also, what is that object in Wolf's thought bubble there? I can't identify it.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Seriously hope he comes back. Despite having the Gannon syndrome where he has a moveset mimic, he plays vastly different than Fox and i always preferred him over Fox/Falco. And even the moveset mimic is different, only the spirit of the attack is there (UpB moves like Fire Fox but attacks way differently, SideB is still a dash but it has an angle and has a SPIKE EFFECT!! lol, and neutral B has a melee effect which is oddly potent)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Seriously hope he comes back. Despite having the Gannon syndrome where he has a moveset mimic, he plays vastly different than Fox and i always preferred him over Fox/Falco. And even the moveset mimic is different, only the spirit of the attack is there (UpB moves like Fire Fox but attacks way differently, SideB is still a dash but it has an angle and has a SPIKE EFFECT!! lol, and neutral B has a melee effect which is oddly potent)
Don't forget about the invincible/countering reflector.

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Don't forget about the invincible/countering reflector.
Tbh never knew that lol. I mainly loved abusing his Ftilt "Da Klaw" as i called it and his spiking sideb. No idea how many times ive gotten a freebie kill people someone left the safety of the stage to try and gimp me only to get spiked lol

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I kind couldn't help but make this:
View attachment 64837
My mind is telling me that it's very unlikely for that to happen. We don't have any Star Fox-related Mii outfits as of now and even if there was a Wolf-themed Mii outfit I'd imagine there would be one for the other two as well, I mean, I don't see why there would only be one Star Fox Mii costume anyway. That would just be dumb. If you're gonna go that far, might as well make the whole set, no? Though I'm pretty sure Nintendo is aware of the fallout if they do pull a stunt like this.

Anyway, while we're on the topic, what fighter class would those outfits fall into? The SF characters don't exactly fight like Mii Brawlers(as far as I remember, anyway), and they don't have the plethora of projectiles that the Mii Gunners have(though they do share blasters and reflectors).

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Welp. I'm disappointed.
Officially dubbing this patch 'The Disappointment Patch.' since there are no characters to dub it after like the mewtwo or lucas patch.
I hope Wolf will randomly be announced tomorrow or maybe late at night before the patch, but it's not looking hopeful.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Lloyd Irving just announced:

Additional details and sources as they are available.

Edit:

Honey Bear (Most likely generic and not game/character specific)

Flying Man (Mother):

Apparently more outfits to be revealed tomorrow also.

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Welp. I'm disappointed.
Officially dubbing this patch 'The Disappointment Patch.' since there are no characters to dub it after like the mewtwo or lucas patch.
I hope Wolf will randomly be announced tomorrow or maybe late at night before the patch, but it's not looking hopeful.
Or you can call it the tourney patch

shane3x

Saint of Swords
You should stop worrying so much about what could happen instead of what is happening, which isn't really much right now.
I feel a lot of people seem to do this, focus on what could theoretically happen as opposed to what has and is happening, and all the incredibly strong positives going for Wolf right now. He is the combined most popular and likely character yet everyone wants to focus on hypotheticals.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Edit:

Flying Man (Mother):

Well, let's see what other Mii outfits we got. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia, Flying Man and...Winnie the Pooh...? What's next? Mickey Mouse?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Well, let's see what other Mii outfits we got. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia, Flying Man and...Winnie the Pooh...? What's next? Mickey Mouse?
I actually think Mickey Mouse would make a good DLC choice =p

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Uh...of course not. Why would you think that?
Due to what you were inferring about Mickey with references to other characters in the manner used.

I don't think Wolf will be reduced as a Mii Fighter because he's a veteran...
As long as he does get a character I'd be cool with having the Wolf hat from 3DS as we have plenty of existing characters with Mii options. If it's just a Wolf hat and we never see Wolf, may god have mercy on us all.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Due to what you were inferring about Mickey with references to other characters in the manner used.
I couldn't help myself. =P
I don't think Wolf will be reduced as a Mii Fighter because he's a veteran...
i could still happen though. I mean having a Mii Fighter outfit based on Wolf and Wolf himself returning can still be a thing. As shane mentioned, we already got Mii outfits of characters already in the game, such as Link.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
You see I thought I saw a Nintendo Direct but it was from 2014. Yep. Great.

Anyway, more stuff is being shown and releasing tomorrow in Japan... which is later today for me in America.

Everything will be revealed by the end of the day. Assuming all the stuff gets revealed before the update.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

Edit:

Flying Man (Mother):

Whats next,Yellow Devil,Doctor Mario,SQUIRTLE!!!

Dev:"What is goong on in te ballot,hmm K.Rool on top,Mii costume"

Not even Reggie can go outside,his body wont be ready

If they do announce a Wolf Mii Gunner costume,I'll still buy itat least its something to remember about the threads actions

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Yeah, I don't see Wolf costume happening either... however, a wolf costume on other hand...
If a wolf costume happened, I wonder how many people would try to use that to argue against Wolf's chances... lol

----

On an unrelated note, I FINALLY GOT A WII U

But I expected earlier that by the time I get it, I could have already put Wolf in the Wii U main section tho... :[

Well Imma just continue leaving that blank

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The fact that Wolf is a veteran means that if Wolf is in the game at all, it will be as a full character. Nothing else. If he isn't in the game, he isn't in the game at all.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633

Huh,when I saw that it reminded me of--
Winnie the pooh deconfirmed.
Aw man,that was my most wanted,even above Wolf!
No,seriously.
I'm so sorry.
Raven is a stage hazard on the new Titan Tower map
Gumball will come later
Spongebob,Gumball,and Beast Boy were due to fan demand
Teen Titans,Spongebob,and Gumball were aired in Japan
1.No.
2.Why later?
3.Fan demand on Beast Boy and Spongebob?Why not Robin or something?
4.Sakurai DOES listen to Japan,so there's that.

This is pure proof we have absolutely nothing to talk about right now.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Alright it's 12 hours before the latest possible time the updates get released

Be it more revealed Mii Fighter, a surprise direct, a datamine, there should be something interesting!

other than K Rool getting announced as real fighter tho. I dunno it's just me. If you're a K Rool fan and saw this, plz no kill, go on scrolling.

btw unrelated point again, since i haz a wii u now, I'm gonna spam miiverse with wolf posts!... wait, what do you mean by 30 post limit?

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Alright it's 12 hours before the latest possible time the updates get released

Be it more revealed Mii Fighter, a surprise direct, a datamine, there should be something interesting!

other than K Rool getting announced as real fighter tho. I dunno it's just me. If you're a K Rool fan and saw this, plz no kill, go on scrolling.

btw unrelated point again, since i haz a wii u now, I'm gonna spam miiverse with wolf posts!... wait, what do you mean by 30 post limit?
If you do get the update before us Americans,Canadians,and Mexicans,upload gameplay to YouTube,you can do that on Wii U(3DS EQUALITY BASED NINTENDO)

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
If anything, the fact that Fox has a pallet swap to make him look like wolf is a bigger threat to his chances than a Mii costume threat. Which i still dont see as grounds for he cant get in anymore because MII!!!
Speaking of miis i dont understand why theyre releasing sooooo many costumes, but we still cant play them online except with friends. Nintendo logic at its best....

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
I think that they'd only add one more character from Brawl into sm4sh and if it's not gonna be Snake, Konami is really bad at running a company so probably not him. Then Wolf has the highest chance given how he'll be in the new up and coming Star Fox game. Personally I main Roy/Falco/Lucina and I think that if Wolf came out I might drop Falco for him. And I don't beleive it'd be possible for him to be released as a mii costume, maybe a brawler could work if they stretched it but I doubt it. I'll start putting in my votes for him.

I hope he's like a worse version of fox tbh. :happysheep:

Top Bottom