• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Hey, all! I found a new "leak". It's really blurry and stuff so it's kinda hard to see.

The pic is supposed to show the DLC stages (I can easily point out Dreamland 64, Suzaku(?) Castle, Miiverse, Hyrule Castle 64, Peach's Castle 64, Saffron City 64, and I think 3DS Mute City. I have no idea what the others are.) and three new characters. If you look at the small black bar below "Stage Select" you can see the character's icons. The characters are supposed to be Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac. Wolf's icon looks too much like his Smash 3 artwork and I can barely make out "K. Rool" and "Isaac". So far, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.
I posted this yesterday,and that is not Isaac,that is Young Link,that is the Melee Mute City,and the two stages are Fourside and Brinstar Depths?,or Planet Zebes(from 64),and the Young Link icon is ripped out of Hyrule Warriors,and that is Suzaku Castle

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Too much drama and offtopic but nothing about Wolf. Now I see why some of you don't wanna care that much about him not being in Sm4sh.
You're not really helping either. Besides, what's there to talk about since we literally discussed everything about Wolf and his potential chances of showing up for DLC and stuff.

Are you the one who snitched on us to a mod?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Guys I have a feeling that Wolf is coming back

A user on reddit named sedett posted a thread saying that our friends in Japan posted their votes on twitter,here are the results

Our Boy:133 votes
Wolf:87 votes
Bandanna Waddle Dee:82 votes(Including Waddle Dee)
Snake:53 votes
Inkling:46 votes
Geno:45 votes
IC's:37 votes
Sukapon:34 votes
Chrom:33 votes
Banjo-Kazooie:32 votes
King K.Rool:30 votes
Viridi:26 votes
Dixie Kong:23 votes
Magolor:21 votes
Paper Mario:20 votes
Young Link:19 votes
Krystal:18 votes
Goemon,Chibi-Robo,Ray MKII:17 votes
Isaac:16 votes
Bayonetta:15 votes
Daisy,Black Shadow:14 votes
Ashley:13 votes
Toon Ganondorf:12 votes
Pichu:11 votes
DeMille from Tomato Adventure(THIS IS A SERIES!,I REPEAT THIS A SERIES):10 votes

PLEASE NOTE:THAT THIS IS NOT ALL THE VOTES,JUST THE VOTES ON TWITTER

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

A user on reddit named sedett posted a thread saying that our friends in Japan posted their votes on twitter,here are the results

DeMille from Tomato Adventure(THIS IS A SERIES!,I REPEAT THIS A SERIES):10 votes

Wait, are you saying Wolf had 87 votes or is "Our Boy" with 133 votes?

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Is this supposed to be from a direct in August. Why the **** would you watch the direct on your 3DS?

Also what happened to the scary moon face? He looks pretty derpy now.
Well the 3DS is used in Directs as a background to the footage. It doesn't look like it was taken from a computer though cause no glare.

And to point in favor of the leak, Great Bay does look downgraded like the other Melee stages on 3DS were.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Here have another leak. It was from 4chan of course.
I don't think I believe in this.

Now, in response to what PurpleSoda said about the Japanese voters, if the Our Boy is really Roy, then considering how Roy was preplanned before the ballot (apparently), I would say that Wolf should be next in line to be added with these votes. Now, the votes PurpleSoda showed were only from the Japanese, but I do believe Wolf has some support in other countries that should be enough to get him a spot in the game as DLC, if I saw the surveys correctly.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep

Here have another leak. It was from 4chan of course.
Nothing too interesting, even if it is real.

I'd say Wolf has always been top chance and want in Japan but just something weird I wanna point out:
  1. Why is Wolf consistently at the second place, below a revealed character?
  2. In my experience, King K Rool should be higher than Banjo. I've seen hate of both of them two (hated for being so popular in our community for no reason), but never seen support of Banjo outside of "chance" points.
  3. Pichu should be higher than Young Link. Again Japanese has a high want of veterans, and while Pichu not being the top 5 is already weird, but below Young Link? That's more surprising. In PushDustIn's poll, Pichu is up the top few ABOVE newcomers, and Young Link isn't even on the poll.
Not trying to say this is fake, but I would really want source for this.

EDIT: K found link.
our boy Roy with ph1r3 popular in japan

Also that's like 3 months ago so what's the poitn?

Last edited:

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Nothing too interesting, even if it is real.

I'd say Wolf has always been top chance and want in Japan but just something weird I wanna point out:
  1. Why is Wolf consistently at the second place, below a revealed character?
  2. In my experience, King K Rool should be higher than Banjo. I've seen hate of both of them two (hated for being so popular in our community for no reason), but never seen support of Banjo outside of "chance" points.
  3. Pichu should be higher than Young Link. Again Japanese has a high want of veterans, and while Pichu not being the top 5 is already weird, but below Young Link? That's more surprising. In PushDustIn's poll, Pichu is up the top few ABOVE newcomers, and Young Link isn't even on the poll.
Not trying to say this is fake, but I would really want source for this.

EDIT: K found link.

Also that's like 3 months ago so what's the poitn?
The point is that it's hopefully a sign that Sakurai or whoever is in charge of that is listening to Japan, and if they are, they know that the next popular character is Wolf after Roy who was added in.
It's not solid but just saying

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Logo12

Smash Lord
The point is that it's hopefully a sign that Sakurai or whoever is in charge of that is listening to Japan, and if they are, they know that the next popular character is Wolf after Roy who was added in.
It's not solid but just saying
I dunno, the pre-ballot poll from PushDustIn resulted in Lucas being top, and this shows Roy is the new top. Just a bit weird if you ask me.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Guys I'm worried.
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP
K Rool might not make it in (now I know meta knight has a mask, and link has costumes, but I honestly believe that the "newcomer costumes" are confirmations that they won't be in, like Inklings. Don't hate me for it, but that's just honestly what makes most sense to me) and I'm really sad.
In the wake of this disappointment, I'm really worried that Wolf won't come Friday, and he might have only one chance left when the Falco amiibo gets released or when SF Zero gets released.

tl;dr new update Friday for tourney mode, and I'm smelling disappointment ;-; hold me

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Guys I'm worried.
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP
K Rool might not make it in (now I know meta knight has a mask, and link has costumes, but I honestly believe that the "newcomer costumes" are confirmations that they won't be in, like Inklings. Don't hate me for it, but that's just honestly what makes most sense to me) and I'm really sad.
In the wake of this disappointment, I'm really worried that Wolf won't come Friday, and he might have only one chance left when the Falco amiibo gets released or when SF Zero gets released.

tl;dr new update Friday for tourney mode, and I'm smelling disappointment ;-; hold me
Friday is the update. Wow. I should really get to sleeping.

Logo12

Smash Lord
"[おしらせ]7月31日(金)の午前に、WiiU版/3DS版のアップデートを実施いたします。 WiiU版の大会機能、リプレイ投稿機能に加え、有料追加コンテンツ(Miiファイターコスチューム、ステージ)の配信をいたします。"

WOAHHHHH HYPE

But the King K Rool costume... What's wrong with Nintendo's mind?!

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
"[おしらせ]7月31日(金)の午前に、WiiU版/3DS版のアップデートを実施いたします。 WiiU版の大会機能、リプレイ投稿機能に加え、有料追加コンテンツ(Miiファイターコスチューム、ステージ)の配信をいたします。"

WOAHHHHH HYPE

And they paired King K Rool with Chrom...
*cries*

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One more thing guys.
The rough translation for this tweet is that there will be more content announced through out tomorrow as well. This could very well mean a Direct will be announced for the 31st, along with new characters. Now don't get your hopes to high, but they did do something similar with Ryu, and Roy.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord

WOAHHHHH HYPE

Oh wait!...

No new characters, just costume and stages....

Should I be more worried than ever or what?

----

Oh and in case here's a translation:

[News] On July 31 in the morning, the Wii U and 3DS version will receive updates. Wii U Tourney mode, Replay Uploading will be added, and paid additional content (Mii fighter costume, Stage) will be distributed.

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Oh wait!...

No new characters, just costume and stages....

Should I be more worried than ever or what?
They never mentioned new characters would be revealed on the 15th.
They never mention that new characters will be revealed.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Wow. WOW.

Punch to the gut.

Well I still hope you guys get Wolf, since he's a veteran and all.

I'm still hoping that this is just an elaborate troll and King K. Rool (along with Wolf) will be released Roy/Ryu style. Or maybe not and K. Rool fans will have to endure what Ridley fans endured about x10 worse.

Wow. WOW.

Punch to the gut.

Well I still hope you guys get Wolf, since he's a veteran and all.

I'm still hoping that this is just an elaborate troll and King K. Rool (along with Wolf) will be released Roy/Ryu style. Or maybe not and K. Rool fans will have to endure what Ridley fans endured about x10 worse.
Nintendo's twitter tomorrow: "Here's a new Wolf costume for your Mii Gunner!"

I'll have a heart attack if that happens. K. Rool Costume was bad enough (alhough it doesn't deconfirm him), having Wolf or Bandana Dee costume announced would make me lose all faith on Sakurai.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Nintendo's twitter tomorrow: "Here's a new Wolf costume for your Mii Gunner!"

I'll have a heart attack if that happens. K. Rool Costume was bad enough (alhough it doesn't deconfirm him), having Wolf or Bandana Dee costume announced would make me lose all faith on Sakurai.
If K. Rool is a Mii Costume and nothing else, and Wolf becomes one too, I think Namco's building will be raided.

Logo12

Smash Lord
[おしらせ]7月31日(金)の午前に、WiiU版/3DS版のアップデートを実施いたします。 WiiU版の大会機能、リプレイ投稿機能に加え、有料追加コンテンツ(Miiファイターコスチューム、ステージ)の配信をいたします。

[News] On July 31 in the morning, the Wii U and 3DS version will receive updates. Wii U Tourney mode, Replay Uploading will be added, and paid additional content (Mii fighter costume, Stage) will be distributed.​

今回のアップデートで追加されるMiiファイターコスチュームは本日ご紹介したものだけではありません! 明日も引き続き、本アカウントでご紹介いたしますので、お楽しみに!

We haven't covered all Mii Fighter Costumes in this wave today yet! We'll continue tomorrow, to introduce more in this account. Have fun *insert Sakurai trollface*!
Basically:
  1. We're only having Twitter announcements this time, it seems
  2. The wave of terror Mii Fighters are not even done yet, so there's stuff to worry
  3. Nintendo apparently thought people will be happy with a K Rool costume

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Wolf: What's the matter scared?
Me: *Nods head vigorously, curls in a ball, literally spends entire time worrying*

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Wolf: What's the matter scared?
Me: *Nods head vigorously, curls in a ball, literally spends entire time worrying*
I am very scared, yes, that Sakurai will somehow think that lucas, roy and mewtwo are the only called-for veterans to be in the game, and that a mii gunner costume will suffice for Wolf.

We won't know until tomorrow though, or Friday, so let's all chill and hope for the best.
*continues to not chill*

shane3x

Saint of Swords
http://www.vooks.net/tournament-mode-replay-updates-new-dlc-all-hit-super-smash-bros-this-friday/

It seems K.Rool has be dealt not a fatal blow for becoming DLC, but a heavy one. So far no character that has been released as a Mii outfit has gone on to become Smash 4 DLC. This does mean Wolf is now the combined most popular and likely to become DLC. K.Rool being the highest newcomer but now unlikely and Snake being the most popular however not likely either places Wolf Stronger then he has ever been which was very strong to begin with.

However it does appear since they just announced when the content is coming as opposed to having an update it seems we may not see any new characters as DLC being released. It is still possible they may announce a character especially if they do decide to do a direct later.

mii gunner costume will suffice for Wolf.
Picture/Source? So far Ive only seen Chrom, K. Rool and some generic orange jumper.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
I want to say "this won't happen to Wolf he's very popular if he Mii Fighter'd people will rage on Sakurai" but this doesn't work because K Rool :/

Somehow we ****ing finally know when's the next wave of DLC but we have much more worry than ever.

But I'm hyped. Don't judge meh.
http://www.vooks.net/tournament-mode-replay-updates-new-dlc-all-hit-super-smash-bros-this-friday/

It seems K.Rool has be dealt not a fatal blow for becoming DLC, but a heavy one. So far no character that has been released as a Mii outfit has gone on to become Smash 4 DLC. This does mean Wolf is now the combined most popular and likely to become DLC. K.Rool being the highest newcomer but now unlikely and Snake being the most popular however not likely either places Wolf Stronger then he has ever been which was very strong to begin with.

However it does appear since they just announced when the content is coming as opposed to having an update it seems we may not see any new characters as DLC being released. It is still possible they may announce a character especially if they do decide to do a direct later.

Picture/Source? So far Ive only seen Chrom, K. Rool and some generic orange jumper.
https://twitter.com/smashbrosjp read it yourself

Tho it didn't mention a direct at all, so not quite a hope this time.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I really shouldn't be this stressed right now. I'm expecting digital electronics lab and Partial Differential Equations homework to do that for me when I go back to school in 3 weeks. Wolf, please put me out of my misery and be revealed! Please?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I want to say "this won't happen to Wolf he's very popular if he Mii Fighter'd people will rage on Sakurai" but this doesn't work because K Rool :/

Somehow we ****ing finally know when's the next wave of DLC but we have much more worry than ever.

But I'm hyped. Don't judge meh.

https://twitter.com/smashbrosjp read it yourself

Tho it didn't mention a direct at all, so not quite a hope this time.
I don't see a picture showing Wolf as a Mii Gunner outfit. Please direct link I've looked at NOJ (after google translating it) and NOE's Twitter Feed and the images folder and I don't see this "Wolf as a Mii Gunner Outfit" claim.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
I don't see a picture showing Wolf as a Mii Gunner outfit. Please direct link I've looked at NOJ (after google translating it) and NOE's Twitter Feed and the images folder and I don't see this "Wolf as a Mii Gunner Outfit" claim.
Sorry didn't read your post when you edited it and I wanted to quote you, but yeah, according to the twitter, more is coming, so we can't be sure there won't be any Wolf. :S

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I really hope Sakurai wouldn't be such a douche as to make a highly requested veteran a costume. With newcomers, it's one thing, as they've never been in Smash before. Hearing the pleas of the fanbase of a cut character, then giving them a costume of that character, and a costume only, would be a major **** move.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Sorry didn't read your post when you edited it and I wanted to quote you, but yeah, according to the twitter, more is coming, so we can't be sure there won't be any Wolf. :S
Can only wait and see. At this point in time however Wolf is extremely Strong.

Top Bottom