• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
What was the deal with all the leaks, salt and drama over the past few pages? Is the wait for :wolf: really causing people to lose their minds?

The white/red was my go to color, with the occasional blue. I really hope the white stays...if he shows up, that is. I think his red palette would be better if it was reminiscent of his Wolfen.
Resembling Wolfen like this?:
wolfz1.png

/cuttingthecoloroutofthefullpaletteandactlikeididsomething

But seriously, those colors are good enough, 'specially this Ice-Climber-esque color that totally fits Wolf:
wolfz2.png

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
What was the deal with all the leaks, salt and drama over the past few pages? Is the wait for :wolf: really causing people to lose their minds?
Yup. Some people are convinced the more DLC characters we get the lower Wolf's chances get. I think his chances won't plummet until SF:0 releases and we maybe get 3 or 4 more characters that aren't Wolf.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Resembling Wolfen like this?:View attachment 64266
/cuttingthecoloroutofthefullpaletteandactlikeididsomething

But seriously, those colors are good enough, 'specially this Ice-Climber-esque color that totally fits Wolf:
View attachment 64268
Yeah, something similar to that red would do nicely, I'd use that a lot.

I think that white looks better with the red trim rather than purple, personally.

Yup. Some people are convinced the more DLC characters we get the lower Wolf's chances get. I think his chances won't plummet until SF:0 releases and we maybe get 3 or 4 more characters that aren't Wolf.
At the end of the day, it's either he gets in or he doesn't. I still think there is a good possibility of him showing up, but he could just as easily not. All we can do is hope like hell he does show, Until we get the last character, Wolf is still alive.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Yeah, something similar to that red would do nicely, I'd use that a lot.

I think that white looks better with the red trim rather than purple, personally.

At the end of the day, it's either he gets in or he doesn't. I still think there is a good possibility of him showing up, but he could just as easily not. All we can do is hope like hell he does show, Until we get the last character, Wolf is still alive.
Mods,Project M U edition

P.S My 3DS almost broke(taped it back together,just putting that out there :))

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Mods,Project M U edition

P.S My 3DS almost broke(taped it back together,just putting that out there :))
I thought the PMDT said they won't touch the Wii U version

And again, if modding is the final solution, I'll just go with Brawl. Having tripping is better than having no Wolf. And I'm sure not only the Wolf supporters will do this.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I thought the PMDT said they won't touch the Wii U version

And again, if modding is the final solution, I'll just go with Brawl. Having tripping is better than having no Wolf. And I'm sure not only the Wolf supporters will do this.
Tripping was pretty funny, actually. I know everyone else gave it a lot of flak, but I had fun with it.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Replace the gold with black and make his scouter more greenish, like this
That's not really Wolfen-styled as much as it is the USMC flag. Which is even better. Wolfen-styled would be making the gold black.
GUYS I TRIED A WHOLE HOUR JUST TO SELECT THE CORRECT AREAS, PLZ NO KILL IF I DIDN'T NAIL IT
wolfz1a.png
(original color by the Smash 3 team I take no credit on this blah blah blah)
I suck at photoshop tho, so there's definitely some yellow left that I cannot clean

Edit: noticed that the background was grayscale so I spent another hour making the original background. Hope it didn't lower the quality

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hey does anyone know if there's a Mugen for Wolf? I was just looking up a few, but couldn't find him.

I hope they announce a direct soon, preferably in the 1st 4 days of August.

Furret24

Smash Master
Hey does anyone know if there's a Mugen for Wolf? I was just looking up a few, but couldn't find him.

Hopefully, though the actual direct will be probably be on a Thursday so they can release their Smash DLC with the Nintendo Download.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
GUYS I TRIED A WHOLE HOUR JUST TO SELECT THE CORRECT AREAS, PLZ NO KILL IF I DIDN'T NAIL IT
View attachment 64320 (original color by the Smash 3 team I take no credit on this blah blah blah)
I suck at photoshop tho, so there's definitely some yellow left that I cannot clean
That looks really good, the red really pops out, It's certainly better than the old red one.

Logo12

Smash Lord

Didn't even know what Mugen is before you asked and I googled, so can't help :/
That looks really good, the red really pops out, It's certainly better than the old red one.
Yeah, but the fact that almost everything else is greyscaled makes me wonder if I've screwed up something again.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Yeah, but the fact that almost everything else is greyscaled makes me wonder if I've screwed up something again.
Looks perfectly fine to me. Nice job, btw. I'd definitely use that color. I'm actually surprised that it didn't exist to begin with.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I noticed I barely play original colours on any character I play.

I know they were leaked in data,but how when they were shown in gameplay and got released were they not hype?It's NEW CHARACTERS IN SMASH we're talking about.
There is this thing called spoilers. No-one was saying it wasn't exciting and good but if you were watching the direct and saw the leaks prior or the data leaks from well before then it diminishes its impact as opposed to if you had no idea.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Now if only :4lucario: had a color like that...
Now why did you make me try
luca.png

There is this thing called spoilers. No-one was saying it wasn't exciting and good but if you were watching the direct and saw the leaks prior or the data leaks from well before then it diminishes its impact as opposed to if you had no idea.
Well at least we knew it wasn't Wolf beforehand so we won't have wasted hype or even more disappointment when the direct finishes.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I assume we have no details as to when the smash update and/or direct is dropping in August so far?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Yeah I suppose.

Like we aren't even sure if there actually will be a direct :/
There have been mini-directs and game specific directs in the past so even if its not a full direct which I can understand them not having for obvious reasons something similar to sakurai's smash update Pre-E3 being announced would almost likely come with a character announcement.

If they just do a PR statement saying Tournament mode and some new stages are coming then we probably aren't getting a character or announcement of a character at that point in time.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
There have been mini-directs and game specific directs in the past so even if its not a full direct which I can understand them not having for obvious reasons something similar to Sakurai's smash update Pre-E3 being announced would almost likely come with a character announcement.

If they just do a PR statement saying Tournament mode and some new stages are coming then we probably aren't getting a character or announcement of a character at that point in time.
What makes you think it may come with a character tho? Other than patterns and stuff, there's no actual hinting behind.

(Also irrelevant but can you put some commas in your sentences? It took me quite a while to understand the first paragr.. uh... sentence.)

Tho if there's stages coming out I suppose they would at least do more than just stating they're available...i dunno

shane3x

Saint of Swords
What makes you think it may come with a character tho? Other than patterns and stuff, there's no actual hinting behind.

Tho if there's stages coming out I suppose they would at least do more than just stating they're available...i dunno
Tournament mode and some stages aren't exactly big enough to warrant a Pre-E3 like update. If that was the only content they intended to release you'd literally get an announcement of a 2 minute video to be streamed similar to how they dropped Robin/Lucina/Falcon last year. That, and the characters in the Pre-E3 update did come out of the blue even if we already knew about most of them.

If they do anything announcement/video wise except some sort of direct/pre-e3 style update you wouldn't really expect a character at that point.

Last edited:

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
View attachment 64356 (original color by the Smash 3 team I take no credit on this blah blah blah)

Edit: noticed that the background was grayscale so I spent another hour making the original background. Hope it didn't lower the quality
This is the greatest thing ever. Sakurai better see this and make sure it's in the game. Doesn't matter how much Wolf costs, as long as this palette makes it in.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
In NX news, Square Enix announced initially that they had 2 games coming to NX, PS4 and 3DS. Zero mention of Wii U. They later then said "Its under consideration but no news at this time". Haha I think someone buggered up and let the cat out of the bag.

Glad to see there is some decent support early on for the NX to begin with.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I noticed I barely play original colours on any character I play.

True.Still there were some things the leakers couldn't get that Sakurai showed.(Ex.Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle,along with new amiibo.)

Logo12

Smash Lord
No, I despise it. You're gonna die soon.
That looks really good. Good job.
Well thanks a lot everyone. Now allow me to spit out my last word before my inevitable death

Initially I just wanted to throw in a 1 minute edit, but turns out I don't know how to use Photoshop and have endless failures with the "Color Range" select tool. It took me an hour JUST to figure out how to make the gold/yellow parts grey (actually I tried making it black but things will mess up even worse so I resorted to just go grey on it). And then I took another hour-y-long time to figure out how to remove the randomly greyed background (clean, since I tried to use tolerance-floodfill and resulted in sharp edges) and to insert the original background on it.

One thing tho, by successfully cutting the background out I also got a version without the background: (Sorry for the light ~0.5px border that's just inevitable)
wolfz1at.png (Shrunk for space-saving, click to enlarge)
We could save this for future picture editing (make fake leaks, petition to get this color, campaigns, you name it), no?

oh no i spent too much time i died

post-death edit: I've clipped the original one out as well, so snatch it and do whatever you want with it.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey, all! I found a new "leak". It's really blurry and stuff so it's kinda hard to see.

The pic is supposed to show the DLC stages (I can easily point out Dreamland 64, Suzaku(?) Castle, Miiverse, Hyrule Castle 64, Peach's Castle 64, Saffron City 64, and I think 3DS Mute City. I have no idea what the others are.) and three new characters. If you look at the small black bar below "Stage Select" you can see the character's icons. The characters are supposed to be Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac. Wolf's icon looks too much like his Smash 3 artwork and I can barely make out "K. Rool" and "Isaac". So far, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hey, all! I found a new "leak". It's really blurry and stuff so it's kinda hard to see.

The pic is supposed to show the DLC stages (I can easily point out Dreamland 64, Suzaku(?) Castle, Miiverse, Hyrule Castle 64, Peach's Castle 64, Saffron City 64, and I think 3DS Mute City. I have no idea what the others are.) and three new characters. If you look at the small black bar below "Stage Select" you can see the character's icons. The characters are supposed to be Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac. Wolf's icon looks too much like his Smash 3 artwork and I can barely make out "K. Rool" and "Isaac". So far, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.
We've known about this. Its fake. They used King K. Rool's Smashified icon.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Too much drama and offtopic but nothing about Wolf. Now I see why some of you don't wanna care that much about him not being in Sm4sh.

They've uploaded this before, and it's fake.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Too much drama and offtopic but nothing about Wolf. Now I see why some of you don't wanna care that much about him not being in Sm4sh.
Give me one topic we have yet to cover in this thread, my friend. We have beat speculation into the ground, and for good reason, we've been waiting a LONG time.

Pessimism doesn't really help anything. It could actually hurt. Imagine being a new person to SmashBoards and then seeing a post like yours. No one wants a thread to be pessimistic, it's a support thread. So just chill out and keep speculating.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master

Why did that guy take the picture sideways? Either that, or his TV is messed up. (Yeah, it's fake.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom