• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

D

Deleted member

Just to get this rollin'
- Who is your favourite Robot Master?
Shadow Man for sure. He has a cool stage, a cool theme, a cool fight, and a cool weapon.
Also, he's a ninja. Need I say more?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Shadow Man for sure. He has a cool stage, a cool theme, a cool fight, and a cool weapon.
Also, he's a ninja. Need I say more?
I like Shadow Man too. Though Pharaoh Man, Skull Man and Fire Man are also some of my favorites. I just think the have the coolest designs.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
I wanted to start one but SSGuy was the only one to really show interest. I'll still make it if people commit to discussing.
That surprises me with how active this thread is... Character skype groups are the best. And Mega Man is the best. So obviously it's a must.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I haven't used Beat too much. Is there any advantage to using it over Rush? I know Tornado Hold has a few tricks, like acting as a wall on the ground. And that it pop your opponents up for a Back-Air. Though I'm un-sure if that'll be the case with Beat as well.

BBC7

Smash Ace
My Mega Man has been getting extremely rusty lately, I'm still not used to no Rush Cancel Mega Man, I actually relied on that more than I thought I did. Anyone have tips for how to adjust?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A little random but, apparently Capcom will be announcing a new 'unexpected' game:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/0...-expect-an-unexpected-game-announcement-soon/
I feel like I say this a lot but... Maybe a Megaman reboot?
Eh, hard to say. I doubt it's Street Fighter 5 though, since Omega mode is coming out soon for Ultra.

I would hope it's a new Mega Man game. But if it is, I'm guessing it'll star Classic Mega Man. I'd also like Viewtiful Joe to make a comeback.

8-Bit Brawler

Smash Rookie
hi guys, now that megaman is my main, it is bringing that nostalgia waaay back.

Used to love the NES games, and vividly remember struggling on an ice stage with a timed dissapearing block sequence. makes me mad even thinking about it.

just wondering how many of you are older gamers like myself and played the original mega mans on NES? hiring them things out for $4 a night or $10 for the week.

Deadlybroth

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rngo1214
3DS FC
3265-5101-5866
I feel like we should start on the community combo video, I can already see more Mega mains coming in after Zucco's performance at Ktar XI. Can we maybe set up a preferred time and date sometime soon?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The new Capcom game is actually Street Fighter 5. It looks good from what we got to see. The artstyle is improved from SF4. But it's still in the early stages I assume. I hope Alex is in this one.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The new Capcom game is actually Street Fighter 5. It looks good from what we got to see. The artstyle is improved from SF4. But it's still in the early stages I assume. I hope Alex is in this one.

Didn't think they'd release that game until at least 2016/17 based on what Ono has said in the past, and especially after all of the updates SF4 has recently received. I honestly can't tell much of a difference in graphics.

Not saying it's something that shouldn't be happening/should have been a different game/was a bad move by Capcom, but this announcement is underwhelming IMO.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Didn't think they'd release that game until at least 2016/17 based on what Ono has said in the past, and especially after all of the updates SF4 has recently received. I honestly can't tell much of a difference in graphics.

Not saying it's something that shouldn't be happening/should have been a different game/was a bad move by Capcom, but this announcement is underwhelming IMO.
They only announced the game just now. So seeing it come out in 2016 or 2017 would still likely be the case. As for graphics, I can tell the difference. But the most major change is more so in artstyle rather than raw graphic power.

Here's an example of Ryu from SF4 to Early SF5. The art style change is really noticeable in the face.
And Chun-Li. Again, the graphics are improved, but it's mostly the artstyle that works better.

I can understand if someone isn't really into street fighter is underwhelmed by this announcement though. I was hoping for DMC or, Especially Mega Man if we were really lucky. But I'm keeping an eye out for this game and Tekken 7.

Other than that,I hope to see some news on Mighty No. 9 soon. Mostly with the 3DS version. We reach and surpass that stretch goal. But I don't think I've seen any footage of that version.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
They only announced the game just now. So seeing it come out in 2016 or 2017 would still likely be the case. As for graphics, I can tell the difference. But the most major change is more so in artstyle rather than raw graphic power.

Here's an example of Ryu from SF4 to Early SF5. The art style change is really noticeable in the face.
And Chun-Li. Again, the graphics are improved, but it's mostly the artstyle that works better.

I can understand if someone isn't really into street fighter is underwhelmed by this announcement though. I was hoping for DMC or, Especially Mega Man if we were really lucky. But I'm keeping an eye out for this game and Tekken 7.

Other than that,I hope to see some news on Mighty No. 9 soon. Mostly with the 3DS version. We reach and surpass that stretch goal. But I don't think I've seen any footage of that version.
Are we just going to have to rely on Inafune's development company to hold us over until Capcom decides to get Mega Man back in order? Because it's looking that way.

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
Euuu Megaman mains all in one thread? Sign me up!

I grew up with megaman x4 to x6. X6 being absolute favourite. Blazeheatnix allllllll the way <3

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Euuu Megaman mains all in one thread? Sign me up!
That should be mandatory.:troll:
I grew up with megaman x4 to x6. X6 being absolute favourite. Blazeheatnix allllllll the way <3
MMBN/MM 64 were the first games I played extensively. I didn't get the MMX Collection until later on. Mega Man X all the way.

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
Battle network I was eh with. It was amusing yes being able to put it in a real world perspective, and they made good use of the battle chips/non repeated story line, considering it was what...8 games long? Definitely was well thought of, I just wasnt a fan of the rpg elements. Especially the networks map and random encounters with viruses stuff. Just lost the MM feel in my perspective.

Smash wise, I think I found another short combo I'm getting somewhat consistent with. In low percentages, down throw, fair, up tilt. Then depending on how high they go, I try for either a bair or up aerial. Still having problems finding combos more then 3 hits but I figure I share if anyone wants to try :D

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Battle network I was eh with. It was amusing yes being able to put it in a real world perspective, and they made good use of the battle chips/non repeated story line, considering it was what...8 games long? Definitely was well thought of, I just wasnt a fan of the rpg elements. Especially the networks map and random encounters with viruses stuff. Just lost the MM feel in my perspective.
Sure, RPG elements in MM games might seem iffy, but I think they made it work quite well. As for the whole random battles thing, that kinda comes with the territory, but at least they played out in a MM-esque fashion, so it still felt like a MM game. I will say that the net CAN be a bit of a maze, though.
Smash wise, I think I found another short combo I'm getting somewhat consistent with. In low percentages, down throw, fair, up tilt. Then depending on how high they go, I try for either a bair or up aerial. Still having problems finding combos more then 3 hits but I figure I share if anyone wants to try :D
Do you get the full force when using the Upper? Thinking about this kind of setup, I see Spark Shock as being a good option as well, as a stand-in for the Upper.

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
No I get the hit at the end not when they are on the ground. Good idea, I'm going to try up smash instead. Maybe deal more damage and be a bit more accurate. It also wont leave me wide open if I don't connect.

You up for a MM vs MM game? :D As long as its no items I'm down :D 3DS only though...till I can get the WiiU version.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are we just going to have to rely on Inafune's development company to hold us over until Capcom decides to get Mega Man back in order? Because it's looking that way.
I would assume so. A bit unfortunate. But Mega Man does live on in some form in Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, his comics and Smash 4. I can see why Capcom might be hesitant to make a Mega Man game without Keiji Inafune though.

Still, Capcom should get their **** together. But that can be said for more than just Mega Man.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
No I get the hit at the end not when they are on the ground. Good idea, I'm going to try up smash instead. Maybe deal more damage and be a bit more accurate. It also wont leave me wide open if I don't connect.

You up for a MM vs MM game? :D As long as its no items I'm down :D 3DS only though...till I can get the WiiU version.
Sorry for late response. I'm ready now, if you're available.

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
I would assume so. A bit unfortunate. But Mega Man does live on in some form in Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, his comics and Smash 4. I can see why Capcom might be hesitant to make a Mega Man game without Keiji Inafune though.

Still, Capcom should get their **** together. But that can be said for more than just Mega Man.
At least he lives. Bomberman, Spyro, Crash, I'm pretty sure they all live beyond the grave now. Not a single game connects them. Megaman in WiiU would be amazing. Hopefully because of Smash 4 they might be inspired to make one.

Keiji a musician for the games ost?
Sorry for late response. I'm ready now, if you're available.
Now I am lol. I'm awake~

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
At least he lives. Bomberman, Spyro, Crash, I'm pretty sure they all live beyond the grave now. Not a single game connects them. Megaman in WiiU would be amazing. Hopefully because of Smash 4 they might be inspired to make one.

Keiji a musician for the games ost?

Now I am lol. I'm awake~
No. Keiji Inafune was basically the big boss for most of the Mega Man series early on in the series history. If I'm not mistaken, he also did a lot of work on the Onishuma series and Dead Rising series. He's also in charge of Mighty No. 9, which kind of acts as the spiritual successor to Mega Man.

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
No. Keiji Inafune was basically the big boss for most of the Mega Man series early on in the series history. If I'm not mistaken, he also did a lot of work on the Onishuma series and Dead Rising series. He's also in charge of Mighty No. 9, which kind of acts as the spiritual successor to Mega Man.
Oh yea, I recognize dead rising but not Mighty No. 9. I'm going to have to look it up.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Oh yea, I recognize dead rising but not Mighty No. 9. I'm going to have to look it up.
Inafune was also involved in Azure Striker Gunvolt, if I'm not mistaken.

Now I am lol. I'm awake~
I was getting ready for bed by the time you replied, but I've got some free time now if you're interested.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'm just about done with my Ice Slasher/Skull Barrier thread. Kind of excited about it/stayed up writing it for fun.

I remember seeing a freezing % list for Ice Slasher similar to the Mega Upper KO% thread, but I can't seem to find it. I thought I'd recruit you guys to help me find it.

Halp?

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
..sorry I can't find it either. I was trying search it as well on Google and the most I found was it saying it deals 4% plus freezing and it penetrates via smash wiki. That's it..

I'm excited to read it though. Good luck finding it. I'm also available now for sone megaman practice if anyone is interested.

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
I'm also available now for sone megaman practice if anyone is interested.
I'm gonna battle Locke06 else in about an hour but I wouldn't mind some battles with a good MM right now. I wanna be sold on what MM can do because I still can't make up my mind for a third main.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
You know something funny I discovered last night? Go to training mode and pick :4ganondorf: as the traning dummy, plant a crash bomber on him and see where it goes!

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
So, I just got done with this tournament on Saturday (http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash-the-score-smash-4-wii-u.3338/event) and, man, was it a struggle using Megaman exclusively. There were 7 pools with 6 people each, so don't let the 12 man bracket fool you: there were a lot of entrees. But, the two characters I had the absolute worst time with were the hyper-campy Dedede and the rush-down Sheik. Have any of you guys had any successful breakthroughs with either of these characters? Palutena was a struggle too, as she seemed to have an answer to just about everything Mega could throw at her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom