• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
Tornado Hold, man. Sure, it has a narrow range, but it can
basically put a wall between you and an opponent on the ground
which, if it hits, can reverse the scenario.

Unless we're talking with defaults only here.
Started playing with that today, I love the set ups! I quite enjoy helping opponents make recoveries they were going to make anyway so I can reliably back air them and make sure they're dead. Now that RC isn't mostly better because of its properties I love how this TH works! The tweaks in this update to the shields and this switch Tornado make me use much more of his moveset much more often and that makes me very happy.

I also personally need to try Azure Striker myself, I've heard mixed things. My friends that have it like it but they like everything, I can't really trust their opinions.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I still think Rush is our best upB. Beat kind of leaves us incredibly vulnerable during it, so I'm not a fan of that...

Rush vs Tornado Hold is kind of a wash. Tornado's recovery isn't enough imo, especially considering how good MM is at edgeguarding off stage. It has its uses, but the Rush "nope I'm not actually landing" control on stage, Rush traps > uair, and overall usefulness in recovery makes me prefer it.

Regarding the other specials... I think we should probably bring this back up every once in a while.

Neutral B: I still think Metal Blade is by far the winner here. Hyper bomb is interesting, but metal blade links to killmoves and is pretty ridiculous from the 45 deg angles. I really want to like Shadow Blade... and I thought it would be good for teams, but any time I use it, I feel like I'm missing those kill setups. the boomerang DOES combo into utilt, but that setup in a real match is super hard, and SB is a bit laggy so you get punished on miss. I DO like throwing the upward 45s from the ground. That's fun zoning.. If hyper bombs were just SLIGHTLY faster to throw, I'd consider them more seriously. I can see SB being useful in certain matchups... but for the most part, Blades all the way.

Decision: Metal Blade >> Shadow Blade = Hyper Bomb

Fwd B: let me get this one out of the way... There's almost no reason to use Ice slasher over either of the other options. It doesn't really pierce most projectiles and is slower than the others to shoot... does almost nothing at low %, and puts the opponent in the air at higher % (which you can do with leaf shield if you really want to).
Now that we have that covered... Crash Bomb and Danger Wrap.. Put simply, both of these are fantastic moves and you can't go wrong with either one. Crash bomb makes the fun mental games of making people shield and such... Danger wrap puts a very dangerous hitbox in the air to force bad situations when your opponent is trying to land (If they air dodge the bomb, they eat an utilt, for example). DW is also very good at covering your recovery path... just shoot it out, wait a sec and upB. it's hard for the opponent to avoid the DW AND hit you. dthrow > DW is a very nice trap
I really think this one comes down to matchup. I prefer DW against floaty chars or anybody we can consistently put in the air. I prefer crash bomb against anybody who has a projectile/move that crash bomb instantly explodes on (Rosa, DHD, Villager, etc). I can't believe my opinion has changed this much in this short of time, but I'm slightly preferring DW now for most matchups. DW is also legitimately better in doubles where A) you really need your killmoves and B) crash bomb gets random in a hurry.

Decision: Danger Wrap > Crash Bomb >>> Ice Slasher

Down B: I have not really verified the changes to PB and Skull Barrier after the patch. So I'm making the assumption that the throw cooldown is SIMILAR for all of these, fully aware that this may be completely wrong.
After playing around with Skull Barrier... the reflecting properties are not useful enough to give up the possibility of leaf > upper or leafstooling (or just rolling with it active). We really don't want to long range zone the vast majority of projectile chars, so a reflector seems mostly useless to me. *shrug
Plant barrier or Leaf shield seems like a preference thing. PB pushes the opponent horizontally on throw, LS pops them up, and is a better overall projectile. For me, I think leaf shield does what plant barrier does well enough and adds the throwing utility, so it's my personal preference. I can see why people would prefer PB, especially in certain matchups, though.

Decision: Leaf Shield => Plant Barrier > Skull Barrier.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still think Rush is our best upB. Beat kind of leaves us incredibly vulnerable during it, so I'm not a fan of that...

Rush vs Tornado Hold is kind of a wash. Tornado's recovery isn't enough imo, especially considering how good MM is at edgeguarding off stage. It has its uses, but the Rush "nope I'm not actually landing" control on stage, Rush traps > uair, and overall usefulness in recovery makes me prefer it.

Regarding the other specials... I think we should probably bring this back up every once in a while.

Neutral B: I still think Metal Blade is by far the winner here. Hyper bomb is interesting, but metal blade links to killmoves and is pretty ridiculous from the 45 deg angles. I really want to like Shadow Blade... and I thought it would be good for teams, but any time I use it, I feel like I'm missing those kill setups. the boomerang DOES combo into utilt, but that setup in a real match is super hard, and SB is a bit laggy so you get punished on miss. I DO like throwing the upward 45s from the ground. That's fun zoning.. If hyper bombs were just SLIGHTLY faster to throw, I'd consider them more seriously. I can see SB being useful in certain matchups... but for the most part, Blades all the way.

Decision: Metal Blade >> Shadow Blade = Hyper Bomb

Fwd B: let me get this one out of the way... There's almost no reason to use Ice slasher over either of the other options. It doesn't really pierce most projectiles and is slower than the others to shoot... does almost nothing at low %, and puts the opponent in the air at higher % (which you can do with leaf shield if you really want to).
Now that we have that covered... Crash Bomb and Danger Wrap.. Put simply, both of these are fantastic moves and you can't go wrong with either one. Crash bomb makes the fun mental games of making people shield and such... Danger wrap puts a very dangerous hitbox in the air to force bad situations when your opponent is trying to land (If they air dodge the bomb, they eat an utilt, for example). DW is also very good at covering your recovery path... just shoot it out, wait a sec and upB. it's hard for the opponent to avoid the DW AND hit you. dthrow > DW is a very nice trap
I really think this one comes down to matchup. I prefer DW against floaty chars or anybody we can consistently put in the air. I prefer crash bomb against anybody who has a projectile/move that crash bomb instantly explodes on (Rosa, DHD, Villager, etc). I can't believe my opinion has changed this much in this short of time, but I'm slightly preferring DW now for most matchups. DW is also legitimately better in doubles where A) you really need your killmoves and B) crash bomb gets random in a hurry.

Decision: Danger Wrap > Crash Bomb >>> Ice Slasher

Down B: I have not really verified the changes to PB and Skull Barrier after the patch. So I'm making the assumption that the throw cooldown is SIMILAR for all of these, fully aware that this may be completely wrong.
After playing around with Skull Barrier... the reflecting properties are not useful enough to give up the possibility of leaf > upper or leafstooling (or just rolling with it active). We really don't want to long range zone the vast majority of projectile chars, so a reflector seems mostly useless to me. *shrug
Plant barrier or Leaf shield seems like a preference thing. PB pushes the opponent horizontally on throw, LS pops them up, and is a better overall projectile. For me, I think leaf shield does what plant barrier does well enough and adds the throwing utility, so it's my personal preference. I can see why people would prefer PB, especially in certain matchups, though.

Decision: Leaf Shield => Plant Barrier > Skull Barrier.
Good insight. I'm not too much of a pro, so I don't really know how much I can contribute to this kind of stuff. But I do sort of prefer the Tornado Hold, albeit only slightly more than Rush Coil. It does cover you pretty well and you can use it as a wall between you and your opponent, it feels like it has some uses outside of just recovery. And there's a couple of cool set ups too, Like T-Hold into Metal Blade or Danger Wrap and T-Hold into Slash Claw. In doubles, you can throw one out to help your team mate recover too if I'm not mistaken. So, there's my reasoning for preferring that move.

The Hyper Bombs are pretty good too, I'd say they are better than the Shadow Blade due to their range and decent blast radius. But the Metal Blades have the most versatility. Still, they are worth using since they'll arc over 90% of the other projectiles.

Plant Barrier and Leaf Shield do similar jobs. And the Leaf Shield has more setups, but I think the Plant Barrier has more uses for Grabs. Since the leaves don't break up. Skull Barrier is alright, but the other two are better.

Danger Wrap is one of the best moves they could have given him. It's great.

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
Plant Barrier is better for protection from projectiles too, to note, with its fast rotation and the leaves that stick around even when hit. I think LS vs. PB is definitely a preference thing. PB also combos into smashes and other things pretty well when thrown up close, as it doesn't pop them up, but still has hitstun.

I'm glad everyone is realizing how amazing Danger Wrap is though! I know a big reason for the hesitation was likely the amount of things we had to force ourselves to learn we could do with Crash Bomb, but DW is best I think for blind picks, as it works in our favor more often than not.

Neutral Bs.....Really tough one. After playing with Shadow Blade so much, i found that it covered my personal massive weakness against rushdown type characters. It took a lot of getting used to, and I imagine Bomb also does because I gave up on that pretty quickly, but I don't think it's as inferior of an option as it seems. I may be downplaying the item shenanigans of metal blade, but I find that Shadow Blade is just more reliable when you know when to throw it and what to do when it hits. The set of DW and SB combined with pellets, up air, etc, makes it so that the range within Shadow Blade's reach is a nightmare zone for the opponent. You have SO many options for mixups and most of them lead into each other.

Pellets then shadow blade then down tilt, shadow blade then danger wrap to prepare for and approach or jump then down tilt to cover the lower ground. It makes the opponent incredibly wary of approaching you, because you have an answer to nearly every approach with this set, and I think it can work great with either rush coil or T Hold if things don't go like you think they will, and then you can lead into more things. It makes his projectiles flow into each other so well, that I feel very limited with metal blade now, especially because of its susceptibility to counter item shenanigans honestly.

For me personally, it's:

Neutral B: SB=MB>HB???(No idea about HB)
Side B: DW>CB>IS
Down B: PB=LS>SB
Up B: RC=>TH>Beat

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So, has anyone played Azure Striker Gunvolt? I'm thinking about getting it, so I wouldn't mind hearing any opinions of it. It does seem pretty fun. But that's sort of a given, since it's a Mega Man X styled game by some of the Ex-Capcom guys. Other than that, I'd probably get Mega Man Xtreme on the 3DS as well.
Haven't beaten the game yet, because Smash, but definitely don't go in expecting it to be like MM/Zero/ZX. It's not a jump 'n shoot game.

You can't slide or dash off of walls, and you can't blast through enemies. Your bullets aren't made to kill, instead you shoot the enemy, then use lightning to kill them. Personally I think these changes ruin the pace of the game, but that's just me.

Bosses are also a lot more in-depth as they have multiple phases, as well as super moves (that I can't figure out how to dodge).

It'll appeal the most to Mega Man fans and is the best comparison, but it's very much it's own game. There's also a lot of anime stuff and is darker in tone so that may rub some the wrong way. Personally I'd say buy it but keep expectations in check.

Xtreme's more or less a direct port of MMX/X2. Personally enjoyed it more than Xtreme 2, but it doesn't have as much going for it. If you like the original MMX or love 8bit games then buy it.

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
MMZ had a pretty dark atmosphere, is it darker than that? I also here the mini game that's based off of it and has the retro look is much better.

Xtreme was basically my first Mega Man game, so i'd say it's good enough to play but if you've played MMX and X2 I don't know if it's worth it. Hell it's cheap enough that it doesn't matter much, so I don't see why not.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Haven't beaten the game yet, because Smash, but definitely don't go in expecting it to be like MM/Zero/ZX. It's not a jump 'n shoot game.

You can't slide or dash off of walls, and you can't blast through enemies. Your bullets aren't made to kill, instead you shoot the enemy, then use lightning to kill them. Personally I think these changes ruin the pace of the game, but that's just me.

Bosses are also a lot more in-depth as they have multiple phases, as well as super moves (that I can't figure out how to dodge).

It'll appeal the most to Mega Man fans and is the best comparison, but it's very much it's own game. There's also a lot of anime stuff and is darker in tone so that may rub some the wrong way. Personally I'd say buy it but keep expectations in check.

Xtreme's more or less a direct port of MMX/X2. Personally enjoyed it more than Xtreme 2, but it doesn't have as much going for it. If you like the original MMX or love 8bit games then buy it.
I'm actually kind of happy to hear it'll be a bit more standout from the usual MMX/MMZ style. While I do like that style of game a whole lot, something a little different couldn't hurt either. Still, it does seem to have some similarities to the MMX/MMZ series. You do get to dash on the ground right? I think the main dude also gets a double jump, but that's only going off that 8-bit game.

I had played Mega Man Xtreme a while ago. But I don't have it anymore, and I did like it a lot. So unless the SNES MMX games are on 3DS, that'll probably be the first Mega Man game I get on my 3DS.

I'll try to keep the expectation thing in mind, thanks.

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
Out of the NES ones I bought Mega Man 4, and I regret it because now I realize 4 is probably my least favorite of the classic series. It's awful relative to the others. Wish I got 5 or 3 instead.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Another reason Shadow Blade is good against rushdown is
the fact that it can't be caught by a dash attack.

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
And that's basically my argument. Crash bomb and metal blade do little to stop them from getting in even with pellet mixups. They just opt for a different approach and shadowblade+danger wrap catches jumps, dashes, dashes into jumps, shielding, it really forces them to play your game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
MMZ had a pretty dark atmosphere, is it darker than that? I also here the mini game that's based off of it and has the retro look is much better.
I'd say it's more upfront with it's atmosphere, more suggestive themes, and obviously a lot of censoring happened during the translation process.

I'm actually kind of happy to hear it'll be a bit more standout from the usual MMX/MMZ style. While I do like that style of game a whole lot, something a little different couldn't hurt either. Still, it does seem to have some similarities to the MMX/MMZ series. You do get to dash on the ground right? I think the main dude also gets a double jump, but that's only going off that 8-bit game.
Dashing is still in don't worry, you can even hold down the button rather than having to press it multiple times, you just can't do anything on walls beyond jumping up them. You can double jump/air dash but you have to collect materials to make the equipment needed to use them, and even then they take away from your Lightning Meter (whatever it's called) so there's a tradeoff. Using your lightning in the air can also let you glide.

The game feels a lot less offensive based than the MMZ/ZX series, killing enemies doesn't feel satisfying IMO, but it does feel relatively just as fast paced.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Tonight's the release of Smash 4 for the Wii U! Enjoy, Mega Mainers. I can't wait to play all of you!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone got quick tips for beating Links? I usually try to rush in and grab. And throw out projectiles when he's trying to pull of any normal move.It works out okay, but he's still kind of annoying to deal with. Even more than Rosalina.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Anyone got quick tips for beating Links? I usually try to rush in and grab. And throw out projectiles when he's trying to pull of any normal move.It works out okay, but he's still kind of annoying to deal with. Even more than Rosalina.
Try to use thrown leaf shields to keep Link honest with his projectiles.
Use Mega Buster when close enough to egg him onto attacking you,
defend and then go for the grab. Do your best to edgeguard him
when he's offstage since he lacks maneuverability in the air.

Leaf Shield can screw it over, as does dropped Metal Blades,
but be mindful of his tether.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Try to use thrown leaf shields to keep Link honest with his projectiles.
Use Mega Buster when close enough to egg him onto attacking you,
defend and then go for the grab. Do your best to edgeguard him
when he's offstage since he lacks maneuverability in the air.

Leaf Shield can screw it over, as does dropped Metal Blades,
but be mindful of his tether.
Thanks man. I should keep this in mind. The Leaf Shield's starting to prove it's mettle now isn't it?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So I know everybody has been anxiously awaiting the Wii u release so that the controller is better, and theoretically all chars are going to improve with my reliable controls...

But I seriously think megaman is going to be a MONSTER now. Our biggest problem (imo) was reliably getting kills, which was in part due to control issues (try for fsmash... Get pellet,etc). With the better controller, all of our tech and setups should improve (and we have a LOT of it), and our killing issues should be substantially lessened.

In other words, I think the better controller is going to make a larger difference for megaman than a significant part of the cast, and I have to say... I'm excited.

Seriously the Wii u version is fantastic... It's amazing what we can do without scrubbing all our inputs.

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
Hmmm. . .so I'm a bit salty right now. Lost a round robin tonight at HBA against Shiny Zubat who plays Dr. Mario.

He beat me on FD, then I beat him on BF. . .then I got timed out on the Duck Hunt stage. u_u

Eventually we were both 6-1 with 13 points since @Opana slayed him with Ganondorf.

We ended up running a tiebreaker set and I crumbled. Most of my matches were on stream, so I'll hafta revisit them and see what I was doing wrong.

I'll see if I can get a link if anyone wants to check them out.

EDIT: http://www.twitch.tv/hitboxarena/b/591379104

They're in the midst there. It's not loading on my phone, so I'm not sure of the time stamps.

EDIT 2: Looks like the first match that was streamed was me vs Zubat.

38:31 = me (MM) vs Opana (Ganon). Opana and I play all the time now and it's pretty back and forth usually, but I made sure to be aware of and punish dash attacks mostly. Otherwise I just stay at mid range so I can't get combo'd. Opana whooped Zubat's Doc 2-0 off stream, btw.

1:18:30 = me (MM) vs TB Player (Peach / Yoshi). I kinda just did my thing in this set. He was decent but not very threatening. I mixed up my landing a bunch and I could tell he was having a hard time chasing me.

All my other matches were off stream. LMK what you guys think, especially in the Doc matchup.

At the end they were tryna figure out how to determine 1st place and it was a huge convoluted mess even though it pretty simply shoulda been a tie breaker from the start, but it kinda was off putting all the arguing and confusion and we ended up playing the set. I played mega sloppy, but GG to Zubat. I'll whoop him next time. ;}

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
So, has anyone played Azure Striker Gunvolt? I'm thinking about getting it, so I wouldn't mind hearing any opinions of it. It does seem pretty fun. But that's sort of a given, since it's a Mega Man X styled game by some of the Ex-Capcom guys. Other than that, I'd probably get Mega Man Xtreme on the 3DS as well.
I've played through it already and I gotta say, it's a lot of fun. It's definitely what you'd expect from the creators of the Mega Man Zero/ZX series. It's very much like your typical run, jump and shoot Mega Man game(with a few added touches, of course, all revolving around GV's ability to control lighting).

The difficulty is a bit of a step up from MM games, considering that the bosses have moves that can be hard to dodge, and some of the levels can be tricky to navigate through. But any seasoned MM played should handle it just fine. But for anyone that has trouble, the gear creation system can help make things smoother and not to mention provide awesome abilities for GV to use(partially akin to X's armor system).

Story-wise, it's somewhat similar to ZX in terms of tone, and has a true ending if you fulfill certain requirements. And dialogue between characters can get weird, yet amusing at times.

I think if you get the game before Nov. 28, you get the Mighty Gunvolt minigame free. It's not much, but it's a bonus.

D

Deleted member

Real talk, if anyone unlocks music for Smash Wii U's Mega Man selection, please post
There isn't, which disappoints me because I really wanted an awesome bonus hidden Mega Man song from MM7-MM10.

That said, the choices they do have ranges from great to exceptional. I am definitely going to be playing all of these.

I just got Smash Wii U two days ago, so I got some time to play as Mega Man. Now to start learning advanced technique with the game/Mega Man.

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah it sucks, Mega Man deserved as much music variety as Sonic deserved at least one new remix/Green Hill Zone Modern.

Looking at the trophy references, they only seem to go up to MM7 (haven't seen if there's a MM&B reference in Bass's trophy). Aside from BHB being Mega Man's FS, it seems that 9/10 got shafted. Am shocked that Central Highway didn't make it in.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70642928?page=6

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Central Highway would have been a great choice for music on the Mega Man stage. Still the music that is in this game is great on it's own. So there's not too much of a complaint.

Deadlybroth

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rngo1214
3DS FC
3265-5101-5866
My Elgato HD60 just came in the mail today, and I'm willing to offer my services as a recorder for you guys. @ Fenrir VII Fenrir VII , I'm not sure if you saw my post a couple of pages back, but again, now that I have a capture card and the Wii U version of smash, I'm willing to help with it and film the clips.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I've come to like Megamen, after a few games. I wasn't all that good, but holy hell, it was fun to play as him.
I tend to stick around in threads where my favourite characters are, so you'll be seeing more of me!

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
My Elgato HD60 just came in the mail today, and I'm willing to offer my services as a recorder for you guys. @ Fenrir VII Fenrir VII , I'm not sure if you saw my post a couple of pages back, but again, now that I have a capture card and the Wii U version of smash, I'm willing to help with it and film the clips.
We should get some type of Mega Man community combo / highlight video going. :o

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Has anyone noticed how Mega Man is MADE to destroy bosses in Classic and Smash Run?
Metal Blade hits big bosses like 10 times, and Crash Bombs turns into a spam-friendly projectile since they detonate on impact.
And then we have Uair.

Mega Man is truly Mega Man in these gamemodes.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Has anyone noticed how Mega Man is MADE to destroy bosses in Classic and Smash Run?
Metal Blade hits big bosses like 10 times, and Crash Bombs turns into a spam-friendly projectile since they detonate on impact.
And then we have Uair.

Mega Man in truly Mega Man in these gamemodes.
Now picture Megaman 2 firing rate of Metal Blades against bosses.

Deadlybroth

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rngo1214
3DS FC
3265-5101-5866
And then we have Uair.

Mega Man in truly Mega Man in these gamemodes.
Danger Wrap just annihilates every enemy in Smash Run, I find it even better than Crash Bomber. All I have to do is sit there and watch. And with the cloning trick, it makes short work of Master Core.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
And then we have Uair.

Mega Man is truly Mega Man in these gamemodes.
Yep. I noticed that too. Mega Man is my usual character in Smash Run, and he tends to perform well against Master's forms.

His specials definitely wreck big targets in both modes(particularly if you have a high special rating in Smash Run), but it's not just that. He pretty much has a move to use against any of the enemies in Smash Run. Like those Polar Bears for example, which normally need a high-force move to be disrupted(accompanied by a high attack rating, of course), is no issue when Mega unleashes Flame Sword/Blast. Very useful in completing the Hard Survive! challenge. And then there are the aerials. Air Shooter speaks for itself, Hard Knuckle(another favorite of mine) combined with some attack buffs can stall certain enemies like Mimicuties, Reapers and the like, making them vulnerable to follow ups. Finally, Flame Sword/Slash Claw can quickly dispatch all the little chumps.

Just gotta watch out for shielded enemies, though, or else you'll be eating your own Air Shots, Knuckles or whatever else you send.

D

Deleted member

Yeah it sucks, Mega Man deserved as much music variety as Sonic deserved at least one new remix/Green Hill Zone Modern.

Looking at the trophy references, they only seem to go up to MM7 (haven't seen if there's a MM&B reference in Bass's trophy). Aside from BHB being Mega Man's FS, it seems that 9/10 got shafted. Am shocked that Central Highway didn't make it in.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70642928?page=6
I wonder if there would be any chance of music DLC for Mega Man (even as a comprehensive pack with other features ala Mario Kart 8)? It'd be nice if we could get remixes of those tracks that way.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The remixes for Mega Man's songs are superb, but I still had hoped for a track or two from the other series in the franchise.
I guess Sakurai is really running with that "true to NES appearance" flag huh? :p

I pray for music DLC packs.

D

Deleted member

The remixes for Mega Man's songs are superb, but I still had hoped for a track or two from the other series in the franchise.
I guess Sakurai is really running with that "true to NES appearance" flag huh? :p

I pray for music DLC packs.
He definitely has that down to a tee. It's almost like playing a classic NES Mega Man game. I'm really hoping for something from MM7-MM10 given the fantastic remixes we've been treated with so far should we get more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
He definitely has that down to a tee. It's almost like playing a classic NES Mega Man game. I'm really hoping for something from MM7-MM10 given the fantastic remixes we've been treated with so far should we get more.
Yep and I love it! I wonder if MM would've gotten the same portrayal treatment had he been introduced in Brawl.
I hope that's the case. Talking about the song variety, I guess I understand that Mega Man is a very large franchise and has way too many songs to choose from (that would satisfy everyone ha). Love that Air Man remix though!

I'm pretty MM8-biased and hoped that Electrical Communication was in, but it isn't

D

Deleted member

Yep and I love it! I wonder if MM would've gotten the same portrayal treatment had he been introduced in Brawl.
I hope that's the case. Talking about the song variety, I guess I understand that Mega Man is a very large franchise and has way too many songs to choose from (that would satisfy everyone ha). Love that Air Man remix though!

I'm pretty MM8-biased and hoped that Electrical Communication was in, but it isn't
I think it's for the best that Mega Man got in now and not Brawl. He probably would have been rushed in much like Sonic and his game play would probably leave much to be desired, as opposed to how fantastically crafted he was for this game. Plus there's a much bigger emphasis on uniqueness of characters (barring clones) this game and I would think Mega Man very much benefit from it.

I'd say my favorite remix for this game was Spark Man; it took one of the better themes from Mega Man 3 and made it 10x better.

intuitive2011

Smash Rookie
Does Megaman's Shoryuken hold any value in terms of anti air's? I'm a SF player who plays Ryu. In That game my aim is always to make my opponent jump over my fireball, get hit by it, or SRK AA them. Is such a playstyle viable with MM in this game?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Does Megaman's Shoryuken hold any value in terms of anti air's? I'm a SF player who plays Ryu. In That game my aim is always to make my opponent jump over my fireball, get hit by it, or SRK AA them. Is such a playstyle viable with MM in this game?
Yes, it works great as an AA, but imo it's not designed to be used like that.

intuitive2011

Smash Rookie
Yes, it works great as an AA, but imo it's not designed to be used like that.
What would be its most practical use, in your opinion? Should I use it for guarding the edge, halting aerial attacks, or trying to escape pressure? I feel like the last point is not viable at all, due to its recovery.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What would be its most practical use, in your opinion? Should I use it for guarding the edge, halting aerial attacks, or trying to escape pressure? I feel like the last point is not viable at all, due to its recovery.
Well, you can use it as an AA, no problem, as it has high priority and some Invincy-frames, but I personally don't do that unless they're at a high% and/or I know it's gonna sweetspot.
I think it comes down to personal preferance.
Just don't use it at low%s, since it's very punishable.

It's a really fast killmove, so unlike most smashes in the game, you can react to a spotdodge or roll, then Utilt for the kill.
And yes, you can beat ledgeattacks with it, if timed well. Vs some characters, I believe the timing can get them both if they climb up and if they ledgeattack.

intuitive2011

Smash Rookie
Well, you can use it as an AA, no problem, as it has high priority and some Invincy-frames, but I personally don't do that unless they're at a high% and/or I know it's gonna sweetspot.
I think it comes down to personal preferance.
Just don't use it at low%s, since it's very punishable.

It's a really fast killmove, so unlike most smashes in the game, you can react to a spotdodge or roll, then Utilt for the kill.
And yes, you can beat ledgeattacks with it, if timed well. Vs some characters, I believe the timing can get them both if they climb up and if they ledgeattack.
Thanks again for your insight and words of wisdom. I am having a very hard time trying to KO an opponent with his Smash attacks, so this will be a suitable replacement for me. :)

Top Bottom