• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Have fun Yink!

Now, I gotta say that after watching Ninjalink's Mayguh Mayne, I really want to improve as a MM main

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
So I really like playing mega man and I've been playing him for a bit, but I'd like to pick up a secondary to help with mega man's harder matchups. What would you guys recommend?
Whichever match up you have trouble with, go to that character's board and see what character they complain about. Then, use what they are complaining about against them.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Guys, I don't have enough time to run the Tourney Result Thread atm. :c
Could somebody please take charge of it?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I've been running MM/Ganon and surprisingly it seems to cover most characters and stage CPs nicely.

Also it helps that he's actually good in this game and feels like one of the few characters that can play footsies.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I kind of like Ice Crash, idk, I like having an extra projectile that doesn't need tome to explode.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've been running MM/Ganon and surprisingly it seems to cover most characters and stage CPs nicely.

Also it helps that he's actually good in this game and feels like one of the few characters that can play footsies.
MM/Ganon seems popular. You and I and Opana rocks them both.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, I don't have a favorite one yet (default maybe?) but my 2 special customizations are:

Trap Man:
B: Shadow Blade
BTilt: Crash Bomb
Bup: Tornado Hold
Bdown: Plant Barrier
(The idea here is to mess with my opponent's mind. Shadowblade goes and returns right into a potential Utilt. Plant Barrier due to the bigger hitbox, is my utility for gimping and leaving a "wall" between me and my opponent for a while. And Tornado Hold can screw up some of my enemies' ledgeguard if they're too close, as well as launch them into the air.)

Camp Man (working title)
B: Hyper Bomb/Metal Blade (still deciding)
Btilt: Ice Slasher
Bup: Beat
Bdown: Skull Barrier
(Unlike my Trap Man setup, this is more of a keep away type. Skull Barrier is meant to reflect projectiles obviously, Ice Slasher is there to disrupt pacing at later percentages, Hyper Bomb has its akward angle to mess with my opponents, but Metal Blade is much easier to handle mindgames for me. And Beat, so I make it back Villager style.)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
MM/Ganon seems popular. You and I and Opana rocks them both.
How have you guys been finding this combo in terms of results?

I haven't been to many tournaments for this game due to work (Probably like 5-7 total since 3DS version dropped), but so far I've yet to do worse than 4th with this combo.

The only character that seems to give me any issues with this combo is ROB. Do you guys use MM or Ganon on him, or another character altogether (Have a pocket Pac I use for teams, but I may try him out in singles for this MU).

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Have you tried skull barrier in the ROB matchup? I haven't gotten chance to try it, but I feel like it would help as he can't completely play keep away anymore.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
How have you guys been finding this combo in terms of results?

I haven't been to many tournaments for this game due to work (Probably like 5-7 total since 3DS version dropped), but so far I've yet to do worse than 4th with this combo.

The only character that seems to give me any issues with this combo is ROB. Do you guys use MM or Ganon on him, or another character altogether (Have a pocket Pac I use for teams, but I may try him out in singles for this MU).
I think they compliment each other pretty well.
I use Ganon especially Vs Little Mac and Lucario.
Ganon have tools that completely wreck Mac, and he like never lets Lucario reach deadly Aura%'s.

I agree on ROB. He's one of the characters that doesn't have a true weakness. Ppl say he lacks killpower, but that's bs.
The first hit of his Usmash comes out stupidly fast and the seconds hit kills at around 95%.
Then we have his Uthrow which kills at around 125% Vertically (This is insane for a throw).
He's good up close, at midrange, and at longrange. Might be the most versatile character in the game.
Definitely an underated character.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Megaman 4-7 are on sale for 2 bucks until the 22nd

I been playing them all day :]!!!
The sale on 3DS or Wii-U? I'm guessing Wii-U if Mega Man 7 is on the list. It'd be cool to have on 3DS though.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I don't play Megaman much. In fact I pretty much suck with him but I'm sure this has been mentioned already but apparently Megaman Hovers off the ground during Hard Knuckle in the 3DS version but does not in the Wii U version?

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I don't play Megaman much. In fact I pretty much suck with him but I'm sure this has been mentioned already but apparently Megaman Hovers off the ground during Hard Knuckle in the 3DS version but does not in the Wii U version?
If you're talking about the little float he does as he throws out his fist, it's still intact.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Merry (early) Christmas Mega Mains/Men! May you all get equipped with something good this holiday.

I'm planning on buying a bunch of MM related stuff on Amazon with Christmas money and I'm looking for suggestions if possible. :)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mega Christmas everybody!

Been playing a lot of MM online, and playing the heck out of the GB Megaman games purchased throughout the anniversary sale on my 3DS. :D
Man I love those games. This time, I could get through MMIII with much less trouble than ever before. (Must be because prior to that, I had played AVGN on Steam, which is CRUEL hard).
Anyway, been rocking the Slash Man colors lately online (which coincidentially looks a heck of a lot like MM's Game Boy spinach-green pallette), and I've been doing... well... ok I guess. I don't think I've gotten worse, it's people are getting used to the MM matchup.

Had a pretty funny fight against a C.Falcon where he Utilt-spikes me when I was recovering with Rush, sending me back down to the very same Rush who now in return launches me higher up. XD Great stuff.

Anyway, hope more MM games are discounted so I can grab all 6 NES games, and the remaining 2 Game Boy games (1 and 5).

Speaking of... For those of you who own MMV (gb) on the VC, what's the color scheme like? Same old B&W and classic green? Or do we get color pallettes that change depending on the level?

Going to be trying out that MM Revenge of the Fallen fangame that's been getting popular lately.

P.S. As much as I'm loving Mighty Gunvolt, I should have passed on the DLC. They're good, but I find the GB Megaman games loads better. :( Still enjoyable though.
But now that I think about it, I shouldn't be complaining since I got Mighty Gunvolt for free for being a Becker. So in a way, I payed almost what Mighty Gunvolt costs by itself.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So Mega Man is fun in Smash I've learned, and I've decided I want to Mega Man. However, I don't know how to Mega Man.
So question to the pros: How do I Mega Man?
Start with getting used to his Lemons. Mega Man feels really, really weird the first time(s) you play him.
It feels like you don't have the tools you need in a lot of situations, like a traditional Jab/Ftilt.
The best tip I can give you is to use him a lot. Even if you get completely destroyed, keep on, and eventually all will fall in place.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Start with getting used to his Lemons. Mega Man feels really, really weird the first time(s) you play him.
It feels like you don't have the tools you need in a lot of situations, like a traditional Jab/Ftilt.
The best tip I can give you is to use him a lot. Even if you get completely destroyed, keep on, and eventually all will fall in place.
I was just breaking the Ice, Man.
I have been using him quite alot, and I'm loving everything about him. I wanted to use a projectile heavy character, but Link is...ugly, Samus is fun, but not for me, and Robin is fun too, but too slow for my liking and I don't like limited projectiles.

However, Mega Man feels just right. He's also ****ing Mega Man.
I do have some questions though.

One: Is Leaf Shield worth using? I like using it to damage people when going into a throw or when the enemy spams projectiles, but it does so little damage and lasts a really short amount of time.
Two: Is it generally better to fire lemons at people trying to recover for extra damage, or attempt to hit them with the Hard Knuckle?
Three: Is it just me, or is hitting with Mega Upper extremely hard with 3DS controls?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
For the leaf shield, check out the really good leaf shield guide that someone made (I think Locke).

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
For the leaf shield, check out the really good leaf shield guide that someone made (I think Locke).
Lol. I'm the one who wants to figure out how to incorporate leaf shield into my game more. You're looking for @ChopperDave .

Edit: take tap jump off if you want to easily mega upper.

Edit 2: run off Slash Claw and Flame Sword are great for edge guarding.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Phew. Wrote up a nice looking matchup post using the new format for the recently finished Diddy Kong discussion. Kinda took longer than I wanted it to, but now I have a template that I can use for subsequent matchups. Also, there was decent amount to cover from the discussion, so I did my best in the summary.

Check it out in the OP of the MU thread. I'd love some comments/suggestions on how to make it better. Also, 2 more days for Shulk before we go back and review the 3 MU's that were previously discussed!

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Just wondering: You think :4megaman:'s appearance in Smash will maybe eventually help lead the way for new games from Capcom with all the popularity he's been getting lately? Even without Keiji Inafune at Capcom anymore? I mean:
  • He's appearing in Super Smash Bros, one of the most popular Fighting Games out there, quite possibly one of the most popular games out here in general.
  • Still seems to appear at least in crossovers like Project X Zone and Street Fighter X Zone (even if his portrayal in that game's a silly joke)
  • More merchandise seems to be made for him than ever before right now, like D-arts action figures, mini replicas of his helmet, and his helmet and mega buster (sold out) being sold on Think Geek.
  • Gonna get an amiibo figurine in Febuary, and I'm pretty sure tons of people are gonna want to snatch them up. I better preorder mine before its too late... Amiibo functionality is also being extended to third party use, and I'd be totally stupefied if Capcom didn't do at least something with MM's amiibo. If he sells really well as an amiibo, maybe Capcom will wanna cash in and join the party since he's still their character.
  • Plenty of hardcore fans ain't just sitting there letting The Blue Bomber collect dust or waiting aound for Capcom, they're making their own fan-games like Megaman Unlimited, Megaman: Revenge of the Fallen, and Streetfighter X Megaman (which was fortunately published by Capcom, so at least it tells me they're not completely ignoring it). I mean if people go out of their way to spend years to make their own games of your character and work their butts off, you must've definitely done something right in the past. Don't just throw it away, his popularity ain't dying off anytime soon!
With all this stuff happening and 2015 coming right around the corner, I can think of no better time to bring The Blue Bomber back in action. They've been milking him for like 3 decades with constant sequels and spinoffs and with Inafune gone, I can maaaaaaybe see why they'd quit making games for him. Imo, Capcom isn't the company it used to be, but they've still got at least one good game left in them and it's Street Fighter 4. And if they've got one good game, they definitely can get another.

Until then, at least we got the classics on eshop, fangames, him in Smash Bros, and Mighty No.9. But seriously, if Capcom doesn't do jack for the franchise and make at least 1 new game by at least 2021, I'll cry.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It's Megaman X that appears in Project X Zone (and Tron Bonne
trying to build a rocket that will never be completed).

The amount of attention Nintendo is giving Megaman
is certainly interesting. They just recently released Megaman Zero
on Wii U Virtual Console.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think the issue, at least at this point, is that no one at Capcom really wants to touch Mega Man now that Inafune has left, rather than Capcom thinking that it'd be a bad investment.

EDIT: Makes me glad that Miyamoto has been trying to pass the Mario/Zelda torch in recent years.

Last edited:

ExZero

Smash Rookie
Hi all,

I've been maining Megaman since the 3DS version came out and figured if I want to get better it's probably smart to mingle with other Megaman players. Have been checking allot of youtube videos of players and I reckon this is a good place to get some feedback and new ideas on how to use him ^^

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I think the issue, at least at this point, is that no one at Capcom really wants to touch Mega Man now that Inafune has left, rather than Capcom thinking that it'd be a bad investment.

EDIT: Makes me glad that Miyamoto has been trying to pass the Mario/Zelda torch in recent years.
I think Inti Creates should take the lead on this. After all, they did 2 of them already.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Found a copy of Legends 2 over at one of my local retro game stores, didn't have a manual but I couldn't resist picking it up. Still got a better deal by about $25 than buying online.

Top Bottom