• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Finally getting used to that Zero Suit Samus matchup...

Her paralyzer isn't much of a threat when I know I can cancel it out with lemons and a dash attack as well.
And now, it's all about baiting that Down+B spam right into a well placed Fsmash... Still need a bit more practice to get REALLY used to this though. That Down+B priority is so tricky, sometimes I can negate it with a Usmash, and sometimes I can't.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finally getting used to that Zero Suit Samus matchup...

Her paralyzer isn't much of a threat when I know I can cancel it out with lemons and a dash attack as well.
And now, it's all about baiting that Down+B spam right into a well placed Fsmash... Still need a bit more practice to get REALLY used to this though. That Down+B priority is so tricky, sometimes I can negate it with a Usmash, and sometimes I can't.
How do you fair with the Dive Kicks? With her and Sonic, I usually dodge and Charge shot, it doesn't always work out the best. Normally I have to just throw out a weaker one.

Zero Suit Samus is a bit of a hard fight for me, but slowly I think I'm getting better. I've mostly been playing other games recently, so I know I'll have to hit the lab again, so to speak.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Sheep Man. Sheep Man? Yup, Capcom made it clear then that they ran out of ideas.

Except, why didn't they do this: SHEPHERD MAN. Less stupid name, he could have a cane for CQC, and the Thunder sheep could actually be tactical sheep management.

Who thinks which is a better idea: Sheep man the way he is, or Shepherd man as that MM10 boss instead?

So the boss itself should be Solar Blaze weak, as that would burn sheep. He plays a generally defensive style, summons sheep goons, and can use Wool to cover himself akin to Leaf Shield. If you get to close, he will hit you with his cane, knocking you back and doing good damage. Upon defeat, you would get the Shepherd Command, where the 5 sheep constantly circle around you while this is equipped, could instead act as a circling wool to nullify attacks (default state), gang up on enemies, collect items or turn into Thunder Wool upon command, something they do automatically upon death (they have 10 hp, compared to a bosses 28, and the wool would stalk above an enemy to hit them with thunder). The main weakness of this weapon would be that each command takes up 5% of the bar, and bring back a sheep would cost a third of it. It's essentially the ultimate micro management, and using it successfully would allow you to defeat any enemy in the game, as none should be immune to it, although the resistant ones take less damage and 2HKO (Or for bosses, OHKO) the sheep. It is still Pmp man, but also Commando MAn's weakness, as Pump Man is vurnerable to Thunder Wool as usual, while Commando Man is overwhelmed by the Sheep, being hurt extra by them and having the bomb cancelled by shields. Solar Man would destroy the Sheep on contact, and ignore the shields, but take normal Thunder Wool damage, while Nitro Man gets powered up by Thunder Wool.

What do you think? Is this a better concept than Sheep Man? Or is it really that terrible that "Sheep Man" is better? Any ideas on the idea? Does this go in another thread?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
How do you fair with the Dive Kicks? With her and Sonic, I usually dodge and Charge shot, it doesn't always work out the best. Normally I have to just throw out a weaker one.

Zero Suit Samus is a bit of a hard fight for me, but slowly I think I'm getting better. I've mostly been playing other games recently, so I know I'll have to hit the lab again, so to speak.
I'm still getting used to this, but I either dodge and throw a Crash Bomb/Metal Blade (if she's going to land far away) or I jab her if she's near (and on low percents) / uncharged Fsmash her if she's near (high percents).

Sometimes, if I calculate it just right, I might throw a well placed Uair to disrupt her landing, giving me a bit more time to be ready for her when she lands.

I'd seldom use those Crash Bombs though, I don't do that if I'm not in the center of the stage from where I can backtrack and jab/nair until the bomb explodes.

-
I've fared better as Sonic in this match up, but that's just because she has a harder time catching up to him, while he has an easier time mocking her B's / TiltB's thanks to Homing Attack. And I find that it's a bit easier to pressure ZSS off stage as Sonic, but maybe that's just because I've been playing Sonic for a lot longer.

-
I'm no expert in this matchup btw, I'm still getting used to it, since ALL my mains suffer against.:4zss:

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Personally I always thought Toad/Pharaoh Man stuck out more than Sheep Man.

Also is it me, or did the Battle Network series steal a lot of potentially awesome Robot Master names? Ex. Laser, Number, Shark, Thunder, Mist, Blast, Erase, etc.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Personally I always thought Toad/Pharaoh Man stuck out more than Sheep Man.

Also is it me, or did the Battle Network series steal a lot of potentially awesome Robot Master names? Ex. Laser, Number, Shark, Thunder, Mist, Blast, Erase, etc.
To be fair, they could just do the opposite and take Battle Network characters and integrate them into the original series. Not sure why Pharaoh Man sticks out so much. He's one of my favorite designs out of all Robot Masters, but I think thematically, he'd be better in MM6.

In other news, Beck(from Mighty No. 9) Got his design updated recently. Now the gray parts of his costume are white.

I kind of like it. Reminds me a little bit of Mega Man X's armors, since those are usually white and blue. I did like the original design before though, maybe the new one could use the blue gloves.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So, anyone got that "clear classic in 9.0 without losing a stock" ? I want to do it with MM, and boy did i forgot how ridiculously cheap the CPU's can be when they want.

Highlights include:

Dr. Mario perfect shielding everything i throw at him, reflecting every single pellet and mb at the perfect moment, only to take one stock then stand around like a lvl 1 waiting for me to kill him. "Took your stock, ruined your challenge, my job is done now".

Charizard getting a golden hammer in a free for all, Captain falcon grabbing me and pummeling while Zard approaches with the hammer. Best part, Zard kills me and the hammer dissappear as soon as i'm dead, so Falcon got away free.

Palutena refusing to stay in one place(was like fighting a FG player that loves to roll, except everytime i tried to punish her she would know, stop rolling and hit me with whatever).

C. Falcon teaming up with SANIC this time, again grabbing me and pummeling me till Sanic decides to usmash me to death.

And my absolute favourite, a 8 player match where absolutely NO ONE fights each other, just wait for an opening to hit me. Literally one cpu throws me in the air, all the others stop, and follow my fall to take potshots at me.

Oh Classic 9.0, shine on you crazy diamond~.

Wish i could record this. But anyway, anyone done that challenge yet?

EDIT: On the Wii U version, btw.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So, anyone got that "clear classic in 9.0 without losing a stock" ? I want to do it with MM, and boy did i forgot how ridiculously cheap the CPU's can be when they want.

Highlights include:

Dr. Mario perfect shielding everything i throw at him, reflecting every single pellet and mb at the perfect moment, only to take one stock then stand around like a lvl 1 waiting for me to kill him. "Took your stock, ruined your challenge, my job is done now".

Charizard getting a golden hammer in a free for all, Captain falcon grabbing me and pummeling while Zard approaches with the hammer. Best part, Zard kills me and the hammer dissappear as soon as i'm dead, so Falcon got away free.

Palutena refusing to stay in one place(was like fighting a FG player that loves to roll, except everytime i tried to punish her she would know, stop rolling and hit me with whatever).

C. Falcon teaming up with SANIC this time, again grabbing me and pummeling me till Sanic decides to usmash me to death.

And my absolute favourite, a 8 player match where absolutely NO ONE fights each other, just wait for an opening to hit me. Literally one cpu throws me in the air, all the others stop, and follow my fall to take potshots at me.

Oh Classic 9.0, shine on you crazy diamond~.

Wish i could record this. But anyway, anyone done that challenge yet?

EDIT: On the Wii U version, btw.
I did it with Mega Man. Use Upsmash a lot. Even the cheap CPUs suck at avoiding it, and will often walk right into it.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
I did it with Mega Man. Use Upsmash a lot. Even the cheap CPUs suck at avoiding it, and will often walk right into it.
I used the home run bat equipment to give myself a bat and quicker swing speed, then went to town.

The bat will get you through the normal events, dtilt + usmash + throw spam will get you through the Fighting Mii Team, then metal blade metal blade metal blade vs Master Hands and Core.

The game will still cheese a death out of you A LOT so even this way won't make it "easy," but I'm of the opinion that if the game can play cheap then so can I!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I used the home run bat equipment to give myself a bat and quicker swing speed, then went to town.

The bat will get you through the normal events, dtilt + usmash + throw spam will get you through the Fighting Mii Team, then metal blade metal blade metal blade vs Master Hands and Core.

The game will still cheese a death out of you A LOT so even this way won't make it "easy," but I'm of the opinion that if the game can play cheap then so can I!
I shall follow your example.

Also, the mii fighters don't give me trouble, neither the master hand and core (love how MB just demolishes them), is just that getting to the fighting mii team without losing a stock is a luck based mission.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know what would've made a cool alternate costume for the Blue Bomber in this game?
It would have been nice to see something like that. I don't think they'll do DLC costumes, but maybe in the next game. Though you can't be too sure with these third party characters, that's just how it goes down.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been playing through Mega Man 6 recently. I just got on to the Mr.X stages. It's probably one of the more fun classic games for me. But it is fairly easier. I've also been playing Mega Man Xtreme on the 3DS, it's fun too. I just wish that SNES games could be on 3DS, that'd be too hype.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I've been playing through Mega Man 6 recently. I just got on to the Mr.X stages. It's probably one of the more fun classic games for me. But it is fairly easier. I've also been playing Mega Man Xtreme on the 3DS, it's fun too. I just wish that SNES games could be on 3DS, that'd be too hype.
I haven't gone through MM6 yet, though I do have it. I instead jumped straight to MM7. But I got MMBN2 recently, so a lot of my time is spent on that one. It's definitely a step up in difficulty as compared to the first one, which is a good thing as the first one was kind of easy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I haven't gone through MM6 yet, though I do have it. I instead jumped straight to MM7. But I got MMBN2 recently, so a lot of my time is spent on that one. It's definitely a step up in difficulty as compared to the first one, which is a good thing as the first one was kind of easy.
I like Mega Man 6 quite a bit. It's easier, but I think the levels are better designed and the weapons are more useful than Mega Man 5. Makes it fun to replay multiple times.

As for the Battle Network games, I do hope we'll get a collection of them one day. Like we did with the Classic, X and Zero series. I can totally see it working on the 3DS. But that's probably me just being hopeful.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I like Mega Man 6 quite a bit. It's easier, but I think the levels are better designed and the weapons are more useful than Mega Man 5. Makes it fun to replay multiple times.
I've seen my bro play it and I gotta say, that Silver Tomahawk looks like it works against ANY target, it's pretty much MM6's Metal Blade.
As for the Battle Network games, I do hope we'll get a collection of them one day. Like we did with the Classic, X and Zero series. I can totally see it working on the 3DS. But that's probably me just being hopeful.
Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. There seemed to be a theme going on there where each successive series was mashed into a collection.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've seen my bro play it and I gotta say, that Silver Tomahawk looks like it works against ANY target, it's pretty much MM6's Metal Blade.

Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. There seemed to be a theme going on there where each successive series was mashed into a collection.
I can say it's fairly versatile. But not on the Metal Blade's status. S.Tomahawks can break through shields though, so it is strong. Actually most of the weapons are fairly good. Flame Blast hits hard, and has a lingering effect for example.

With the Battle Network thing, I'm hoping it'll happen. The MMZero collection wasn't that long ago. I'd like to think it'll happen someday, but when that is, I don't know. They might have to make 2 versions, since from 3 onwards, they did something similar to Pokemon, having two games with some slight differences. Who knows.

DDDchu

Smash Cadet
NNID
DDDchu96
3DS FC
4098-2457-6801
I recently got into mega man. So far I have games 2 through 4 on virtual console. Really liking 2 and 3 so far, haven't played 4 yet. This anger me so much though with the difficulty. Eventually and even now I am getting used to it though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I recently got into mega man. So far I have games 2 through 4 on virtual console. Really liking 2 and 3 so far, haven't played 4 yet. This anger me so much though with the difficulty. Eventually and even now I am getting used to it though.
It's good that you're getting into the series. And I'm glad you're liking them too. But I'd agree, on the first few play-throughs, early Mega Man games can be hard. Though you'll get the hang of it, that's how a lot of older games tend to work, even Mario.

I will say that there's one boss in Mega Man 2 that's complete crap though. I think it's in Wily stage 3 or 4. Where you have to use the Crash Bombs on it, but there's only so much ammo for that weapon, and you need every single shot for it. Compared to every other boss, it leaves no real room for error. The rest of the bosses are fair while still being challenging. The only real blemish on an otherwise great game.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It's good that you're getting into the series. And I'm glad you're liking them too. But I'd agree, on the first few play-throughs, early Mega Man games can be hard. Though you'll get the hang of it, that's how a lot of older games tend to work, even Mario.

I will say that there's one boss in Mega Man 2 that's complete crap though. I think it's in Wily stage 3 or 4. Where you have to use the Crash Bombs on it, but there's only so much ammo for that weapon, and you need every single shot for it. Compared to every other boss, it leaves no real room for error. The rest of the bosses are fair while still being challenging. The only real blemish on an otherwise great game.
Yeah, no one likes that boss. Called the Buebeam Trap if memory serves.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I've got MM2 - 5 and MM9 - 10 on my Wii, MM6 - 7 on my Wii U, and MM8 on my old PS2(I can't believe that thing still works, it's been about 13 years now...I feel old now). Generally the series was harder early on, but around the time of MM4 things started easing up. But the difficulty was stepped up in MM9 - 10, particularly with the addition of hard modes.
Yeah, no one likes that boss. Called the Buebeam Trap if memory serves.
I'm not sure what Capcom was smoking at the time, but yeah, that boss was stupidly designed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I've got a bit of cash saved up, I'm gonna try and get the Mega Man X Collection on Gamecube. Been holding it off for a while. Of course this'll give me the chance to play X1, X2, and X3 again. I'm also interested in playing that one Mega Man racing game. I heard it's surprisingly good. Usually I don't have the highest of expectations for kart racers that aren't Mario Kart. But I do like more traditional racers, like Midnight Club or Need for Speed.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Now that I've got a bit of cash saved up, I'm gonna try and get the Mega Man X Collection on Gamecube. Been holding it off for a while. Of course this'll give me the chance to play X1, X2, and X3 again. I'm also interested in playing that one Mega Man racing game. I heard it's surprisingly good. Usually I don't have the highest of expectations for kart racers that aren't Mario Kart. But I do like more traditional racers, like Midnight Club or Need for Speed.
Go for it. I've always liked Mega Man, but delving into the MMX Collection is what really did it for me. My favorite series to date.

I've played a bit of the Battle & Chase game. It's no Mario Kart, but it's alright.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Been playing Megaman: The Power Battle and The Power FIghters on my phone lately. Wanted to try some of the other games besides just the NES ones, and I'm loving them, been a blast to play. I have just one problem with them: The difficulty is too easy! Literally, almost all the the robot masters are pitiful when fighting against them, and I can win just by spamming charge shots to interrupt their attacks and prevent them from hitting me, and using their weakness weapons deals way too much damage and brings them down too quickly in my opinion.

The only Robot Masters I have trouble with are Wood Man, Turbo Man, and Plant Man; most of the others are kind of weak and aren't so difficult. Dive Man, Cut Man, Crash Man, and Shade Man being especially laughable; I've killed them while taking little to no damage.

It's a cakewalk compared to the main games.

Also, the soundtracks in these 2 games are amazing. Just listen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmm1etNU3tM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb5CyWPQP7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wItPRucTeA (I have no idea why Plant Man and Wood Man have Crash Man's theme when he's already in the game too though. Crash Man also uses Napalm Man's theme strangely enough)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSLkA4CoaHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj9oJDjMhPA

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Where can I get my hands on the majority of the Classic series?
Or, better question: are Mega Man games better for Wii U or 3DS?
I have 9 & 10, but I can't beat 9 and I don't want to play 10 until I beat 9, so...

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Between Wii and Wii U you can get MM1 - 7. Don't know where you'll get MM8 though if you don't already have it.
I think it's based on personal preference, but there are those platform-specific titles.
I have 9 & 10, but I can't beat 9 and I don't want to play 10 until I beat 9, so...
They can be hard if you're just starting out. I've gone through both games multiple times. Anything specific that gives you grief?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

I don't know why, but I can't ever beat them.
Ah, the Twin Devil. Its attack pattern can be hard to memorize at first, but it always has the same splitting pattern. Once you get that down along with some timing on your jumps, you'll minimize damage taken to the point where no damage will be taken. Don't know if you found out already(you might've though)but Black Hole Bomb works on him.

This should help.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It was mentioned before, but Mega Man 1-7 can be bought on the Wii-U virtual console. Mega Man 1-6 can be bought on the 3DS. For Mega Man 8, I think you can get it on PSN, but I could be mistaken. Otherwise, you'll have to buy a copy of the Mega Man Anniversary on Gamecube/PS2/X-Box. Unless you can get a PS1 on your hands, then you could buy that game on it's own.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Thought I drop by here for the first time and give a shout out to all of y'all fellow Mega Man users here. He's such an awesome character to play as (next to Rosalina).

Top Bottom