• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Why is this that there's so many people who regularly use Rosalina and Mega Man?
Even I do it.
Because Mega Man is Mega Fun
There isn't any other character that I can enjoy like I do with MM

Maybe other people feel the same too Embarrass

Last edited:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Hello mega man players....

I was just playing Mega Man X 2 moments ago. I downloaded from the Wii shop channel for 8 dollars (800 points) It's hard to find MMX collection from gaming stores like Play N' Trade here in Chicago.

Do anyone here has a favorite MM (X) game?

Edit: I know there tons of Mega Man X collection copies from Ebay, but people from selling them at king's ransom!

:pow:

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Hello mega man players....

I was just playing Mega Man X 2 moments ago. I downloaded from the Wii shop channel for 8 dollars (800 points) It's hard yo find MMX collection from gaming stores like Play N' Trade here in Chicago.

Do anyone here has a favorite MM (X) game?

Mega Man X4 is my favorite in the X series and in general overall.
Zero's first fully playable appearance with his own story and everything. Also a big fan of the music in this game.

It's a shame that the English dub is tragic. u_u

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I would love to play all of them. I keep hearing that X4 is the best in the series, pretty much for the same reasons you've stated.

I'm also playing some nes Mega Man games. MM3 is awesome!

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
X1 is still probably my favorite. I just can't find anything to hate about it beyond some meh music after Sigma 1.

X2/X3 are both okay. There's just a couple things that bug me about the level design, the random bosses, and meh weapons. X3 I see as the true sequel to X1, but man is it hard at times.

X4 is probably my second favorite after beating it last summer. Don't remember any of the music though.

X5/X6/X7 I still have to beat. X5 I'm disliking enough as it is after beating 4 Mavericks, so X6 has me worried. X7's load times keep me from sticking it in. I really hate games with good/bad endings.

X8 was great. Some hiccups here and there, but great overall. I don't remember the music though.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I've been watching a lot of Mega Man X series gameplay recently on YouTube. It's better with good commentary imo.

Maximilian Dood deliver awesome gameplay & commentary while playing.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I lean towards X1 and X2 as my favorite of the MMX series. X3 was alright, but its music didn't really send me though, as well as having its share of weird-as-crap weapons(that Spinning Blade though....:shades:). X4 didn't have great music(I think), but it gets props for having Zero as a full on playable character. And generally it has useful special weapons(particularly for X and his armor)and interesting stages. X5 is pretty good all around, no real complaints about it. Though there are certain stages I don't care for...

X6 is a point of contention, apparently. While I do like it, I see its problems, like terrible stage design for the most part(Recycle Lab:mad:...nothing was good about that stage). Most of the stages felt extremely cramped, which, combined with Nightmare hazards made for some frustrating stage runs. The armor system could've been thought out better as well. But the music was fantastic compared to a lot of the other entries. Zero was pretty much godly in this game, as he could tackle most stages with little effort.

X7...I guess something went wrong when this one was in production. Mechanics were botched severely, special weapons were kind of lame, voice acting was crap(X was WAY too pacifistic. I know he's a bit of a pacifist, but this went too far), Glide Armor was worse than the armors of X6, and many other issues I can't think of at the moment.

I don't have X8, but I am a bit interested and might try to snag it if given the chance.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@ Fenrir VII Fenrir VII
@ CopShowGuy CopShowGuy

Looked through some For Glory replays through the new 3DS update. Caught/downloaded a couple of replays from you guys. Good stuff. :laugh:

Might be a good time to restart the player finder thread, as sharing replays among friends is possible now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Because Mega Man is Mega Fun
There isn't any other character that I can enjoy like I do with MM

Maybe other people feel the same too Embarrass
Yeah, Mega Man is my go-to guy for Smash once Smash 4 was out. He's fun to use. But it can be a bit hard at times.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He's easily my most used character, but that kinda steals time away from other characters I like using. Curse you, Mega Man!
Heh. Same here. I've been trying Dedede a bit too in this one. But Mega Man is easily my most used fighter.

Anyway, someone mentioned the Mega Man X games. I'd have to say that X1 and X2 are probably my favorite Mega Man games of all time. Everything from the stages, the weapons, the soundtracks, the bosses. It's damn near perfect. I know X4's also a really great game, and X3 and X5 are still overall good, just not AS good.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
@ Fenrir VII Fenrir VII
@ CopShowGuy CopShowGuy

Looked through some For Glory replays through the new 3DS update. Caught/downloaded a couple of replays from you guys. Good stuff. :laugh:

Might be a good time to restart the player finder thread, as sharing replays among friends is possible now.
lol nice. That was mostly me testing to see if there's a way to get the replay on my computer (no way as far as I can tell), but glad to see somebody noticed it. lol. I'll probably try to post some against better players if I get the chance.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Wouldn't Super Smash Bros be a video game in the Dead Rising games due to Megaman being in the roster?

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
@ Fenrir VII Fenrir VII
@ CopShowGuy CopShowGuy

Yay! I just did it to see what would happen. Nice to be noticed :grin:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Dear Mega Man community,

I have loved lemons since Mega Man appeared in the demo. AAA utilt is literally my strategy and I used to get about 80% of my kills off of utilt punishes. But now I have a new love.

UAir is love. UAir is life. All hail UAir. Especially on Skyloft and Battlefield.

~Locke

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Mega Man X4 is my favorite in the X series and in general overall.
Zero's first fully playable appearance with his own story and everything. Also a big fan of the music in this game.

It's a shame that the English dub is tragic. u_u
*Bro fist* same here! Never understood the hatred people have towards the PS1 X games :( (except X6...)

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
*Bro fist* same here! Never understood the hatred people have towards the PS1 X games :( (except X6...)
Yeah.. They were great but I won't lie, they felt pretty short/less focused on the story in comparison to the SNES games.

I can totally get the X6 distaste though. Liked the music but the game itself is a nightmare.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Yeah.. They were great but I won't lie, they felt pretty short/less focused on the story in comparison to the SNES games.

I can totally get the X6 distaste though. Liked the music but the game itself is a nightmare.
Welll tbh, X5 and X6 were really only short if you cheesed them via certain methods (letting the colony hit in X5, going straight for High Max in X6). But yeah, X6 is a piece of garbage (outside of the OST), I despise that game. I literally hate that game more than X7.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dear Mega Man community,

I have loved lemons since Mega Man appeared in the demo. AAA utilt is literally my strategy and I used to get about 80% of my kills off of utilt punishes. But now I have a new love.

UAir is love. UAir is life. All hail UAir. Especially on Skyloft and Battlefield.

~Locke
May the tornado bring us upwards to victory.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm one of the two people who doesn't hate X6. Don't get me wrong, it's a broken mess of a game. But behind that awful translation is a decent story, and I just love the soundtrack. I feel similarly about X7, which has one of my favorite Sigma battles ever.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
May the tornado bring us upwards to victory.
Uair is amazing. Probably one of my most used moves. Grounded uair -> uair is one of my bread and butter combos and does 32-40% damage.

Also, this post needs more love for Halberd. Halberd allows for hilariously early uair and Danger Wrap KOs

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
if Halberd didn't have that perfect Metal Blade blocking platform, I'd like it a lot more... as is, I consider it one of my bans, unfortunately.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
if Halberd didn't have that perfect Metal Blade blocking platform, I'd like it a lot more... as is, I consider it one of my bans, unfortunately.
Eh. Diagonally thrown MB is a nice setup for grabs and utilts, don't get me wrong. But I'll happily trade that for the ability to KO suckers off the top at 50% with uair and Danger Wrap. We can camp the area under that platform pretty well ourselves.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah I definitely see it as more a personal thing than a character thing. It's so counter to my personal playstyle that I just don't like it.

Kel

Smash Master
Wait, people in this thread actually like X7 and X8 0_0. Do you guys also really enjoy Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii?

X3 was rare even back in 1994. I remember buying it USED from Funco Land (Gamestop eventually bought out all Funco Land and Electronics Boutique stores) for $60.

X1 you could find everywhere even after 64 took over, but X2 and X3 were always pretty rare.

I think my favorite X game is X2.

Overswarm and I have named our smash team Overdrive Ostrich for years (among other things).

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
So I decided to take Hyper Bomb to the lab today because I realized I haven't played around with it very much due to my reluctance to give up the MB + Mega Upper combo.

There's some serious potential for this move. You can do some really fun things with it.

For example, if you get an Item Hyper Bomb, tossing it down will make it "bounce" in place long enough for you to recatch, even if you do it on the ground. Meanwhile, if you z-drop, it'll drop straight down and explode as soon as it hits the ground. That alone gives it some awesome mix-up potential. It also makes it a fantastic out of shield option. Just hop and z-drop and BOOM.

It's also fun to take a page from Peach's playbook and toss one straight up while guarding the ledge.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait, people in this thread actually like X7 and X8 0_0. Do you guys also really enjoy Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii?

X3 was rare even back in 1994. I remember buying it USED from Funco Land (Gamestop eventually bought out all Funco Land and Electronics Boutique stores) for $60.

X1 you could find everywhere even after 64 took over, but X2 and X3 were always pretty rare.

I think my favorite X game is X2.

Overswarm and I have named our smash team Overdrive Ostrich for years (among other things).
I don't get what's wrong with X8. It took the series back to form. While it isn't quite on X1-X4 level of quality, it's still decent overall. The armors were cool. And mixing and matching which upgrades you wanted to fit your playstyle was awesome. The soundtrack is really good, but that might go without saying.

I think to an extent it's where the Mega Man X series could have a chance of evolving visually. 2-D gameplay with 3-D graphics. Also, the character switching between Mega Man and Zero on the fly in each stage was a cool addition,though X7 did this, X8 was the first time it was used in a good game. And in X3, it was limited. That said, I'd genuinely surprised if someone really liked X7 outside of the soundtrack.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I don't get what's wrong with X8. It took the series back to form. While it isn't quite on X1-X4 level of quality, it's still decent overall. The armors were cool. And mixing and matching which upgrades you wanted to fit your playstyle was awesome. The soundtrack is really good, but that might go without saying.

I think to an extent it's where the Mega Man X series could have a chance of evolving visually. 2-D gameplay with 3-D graphics. Also, the character switching between Mega Man and Zero on the fly in each stage was a cool addition,though X7 did this, X8 was the first time it was used in a good game. And in X3, it was limited. That said, I'd genuinely surprised if someone really liked X7 outside of the soundtrack.
To be fair, I did like using Axl quite a bit, mainly due to his additional weapons he could get after defeating certain Mavericks. Particularly his G-Launcher, which was like having a rapid-fire Charge Buster. I've been reading up on X8 a bit and found out that they took this feature to the next level to point where Axl got a new weapon for EVERY Maverick he destroyed. I want to get in on that somehow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To be fair, I did like using Axl quite a bit, mainly due to his additional weapons he could get after defeating certain Mavericks. Particularly his G-Launcher, which was like having a rapid-fire Charge Buster. I've been reading up on X8 a bit and found out that they took this feature to the next level to point where Axl got a new weapon for EVERY Maverick he destroyed. I want to get in on that somehow.
Yeah, Axl's not bad at all, gameplay-wise. But he's unfortunately got a bad stigma on him for debuting up in the least popular game in the series, and to an extent replacing Mega Man X for 2/3 of the game.

He's got some cool things going for him, a dodge roll, shooting in multiple directions, and gliding. He's sorta like Bass, but with some added flair, similar to Mega Man and Mega Man X. So again, from a gameplay perspective he's a very welcome addition.

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
Honestly half of the X are range from mediorce to just awful. Hell even X3 feels really unpolished.

The Classic and Zero/ZX series are honestly alot more consistent quality wise

where's my ZX3 Capcom goddamnit

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
Of those Samus is the hardest as we can't do much against missile spam, especially at the start of a match. Still working on ideas for this one...stages with platforms would probably help a lot I would think.

The others you just have to play defensively and unlike Samus, they're movesets aren't focused on charging their attacks, they still have to generally come to you. Projectile spam helps, but only if they're about a half stage away.

Leaf Shield has the most priority/range, but it doesn't help against fully charged shots nor does it often come out quickly enough to counter. But using it while can an opponent is rolling close to you can help disrupt it.
Play the matchup more. You'll see that Samus is pretty trash. It's pretty easy just to walk and Perfect shield missiles. Take note of their behavior when you are too close. The Samus may opt to dash attack, roll, jump, Fsmash etc. I've consistently scored easy KO's with a well timed Utilt, when I see a Dash attack. Ideally you want a Metablade in hand to get easy punishes. You can try cross-up rolls but it can be predictable if overused.
  • Ftilt? OoS item toss
  • Fsmash? OoS item toss
  • Dash attack? OoS Item down toss > Grab
  • Roll? OoS item toss
  • Cross-up Roll? OoS item toss
  • Grab? Item toss on reaction.
  • Dash away? more stage control
Also Samus's defensive options are pretty limited when you do close in. roll is pretty bad and Samus is floaty which makes for easy juggles(although smart a Samus knows how to use down-B to be extra slippery) so jump is pretty bad as well. If they do have a habit of jumping, Bair pretty much beats everything she has. Predict jump > Bair

So this leaves walling you out with attacks (Fsmash, Dash attack, Dtilt, Utilt, Jab?, Ftilt) or dashing away.
Don't get annoyed when they get away with cheeky stuff like Cross-up roll > Jab. It happens, just shut it down next time.

She must space her Zairs, when you are within range, anticipate it or else it will consistently nail you.

Her grab is trash. You can simply break them with lemons. She has to get a solid read to even land a grab.

Fully charged shot? Just bait it out, Megaman has amazing air mobility with high speed and wario like acceleration. A smart Samus will save it for a tech chase or to catch a landing, not much you can really do.

If you have a habit of rolling on reaction, Charge shot will nail you if you roll. Break the habit, Shield, jump, spotdodge are also defensive options.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Honestly half of the X are range from mediorce to just awful. Hell even X3 feels really unpolished.

The Classic and Zero/ZX series are honestly alot more consistent quality wise

where's my ZX3 Capcom goddamnit
I don't know, I feel as if the only unpolished games in the Mega Man X series were X6 and X7. All the rest feel pretty well done.

I suppose the Classic series was somewhat consistent(outside of a few instances), but I can agree on the Zero/ZX series having consistent quality.

Yep, people are still waiting for their third ZX.

Top Bottom