• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Thanks again for your insight and words of wisdom. I am having a very hard time trying to KO an opponent with his Smash attacks, so this will be a suitable replacement for me. :)
Oh, and one more thing (actually a lot of things, really. I could write a whole page about Utilt).
Anyway, if they're at high %, and they come at you with a Dash Attack, use Utilt like Ryu would.
Just don't let them bait out your Utilt with a fake dash.

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
A good thing to remember is that always after rolling away from your opponent you are always facing them again, aka facing your mega buster barrel and just three taps away from pellet pressure pain

Think of it as a manual counterattack

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I love it when the tiny tornado carries someone to the heavens...

Hi btw.
>tiny

The tornado looks like the hurricane katrina after the patch :110: But yeah, it is a very satisfying way of killing the opponent.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been getting more wins lately online. Ganon and Falcon are fun to fight against, even I don't always win. It's cool to go up against someone who's so extremely different in how they fight. Though I don't particularly like dealing with Marth and Lucina. Something about those two are annoying.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
When My friend picks Little mac, I often use mega man, rack up damage, then finish it with a side smash.
That or just knock him off the edge.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
When My friend picks Little mac, I often use mega man, rack up damage, then finish it with a side smash.
That or just knock him off the edge.
Not bad at all. Little Mac is usually pretty easy to deal with when using Mega Man. Just keep him at bay with pellets and Metal Blades. Though a really good Little Mac user can give you a run for your money.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
I tend to be more careful picking up Metal Blades vs. Mac since it can give him time to close in using his fast dash.
Since his Side B for recovery got nerfed in speed + reach it will be even easier to edgeguard him with our tools.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I've been getting more wins lately online. Ganon and Falcon are fun to fight against, even I don't always win. It's cool to go up against someone who's so extremely different in how they fight. Though I don't particularly like dealing with Marth and Lucina. Something about those two are annoying.
The Captain does have speed, so he can potentially close in on you, but he's not particularly difficult. I've fought Lucina already, and I haven't had much of a problem with her. Well, that was on 3DS, I haven't fought online in the Wii U version yet. I most likely won't play seriously online until I get my hands on the GCN Adapter. Kinda painful to just see those controllers sitting there and I can't do a damn thing with them.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
So i'm off to a huge tournament next weekend with 121 people entered next week. Any words of wisdom before i rain lemon bullet hell on people?

I've found that I mostly win by playing safe and just spacing lots of lemons all over forcing people into unsafe options for the random fair/bair and metal blade > whichever followup until high percents but I have a bit of trouble securing the kill sometimes when people know i'm fishing for it. Basically after racking up a ton of damage what are you guys best setups for killing and which works best on which chars?

Any Tips on the Diddy and Rosalina matchup? M2K and Dabuz are gonna be there and I wanna be able to put up a good fight.

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
So i'm off to a huge tournament next weekend with 121 people entered next week. Any words of wisdom before i rain lemon bullet hell on people?

I've found that I mostly win by playing safe and just spacing lots of lemons all over forcing people into unsafe options for the random fair/bair and metal blade > whichever followup until high percents but I have a bit of trouble securing the kill sometimes when people know i'm fishing for it. Basically after racking up a ton of damage what are you guys best setups for killing and which works best on which chars?

Any Tips on the Diddy and Rosalina matchup? M2K and Dabuz are gonna be there and I wanna be able to put up a good fight.
Pellet Pressure as much as possible and whenever possible. The only problem is mastering pellet pressure is the one thing stopping 'Man from being the best, so always practice it. Also it's always good to keep in mind that most things you don't think would work will with pellet pressure because you're constantly tripping up their flow and making them flinch for days (if they're not Bowser) so you can get in some random bairs/fairs after pewpewpew.

With Metal Blade don't get too caught up always getting it to drop for the +damage with the pickup, it'll make you actually send less MBs their way, less often is less pressure. You're better off getting close for the lemons and always short hop MB and use its momentum to space. You'll more than make up for that pickup extra damage tech. BUT don't neglect MB carrying because you'll still want to utilize that for z drop setups and to hold while you space with Leaf Shields since you can toss a MB with a shield summoned.

Intimidate with Uair too, whenever they're sent flying just start launchin them with short hop uair and they'll assume airdodge as their air approach and you can just punish when they land. OR for a more mix-up options after the uair, mash out shoryu so when they try to get it they'll get hit by one of the many hit frames. You won't sweetspot but it's good damage and they'll be sent up (when % is getting red) again for more mix up when then gotta fall back down.

I could go on but that's good enough I guess.

Also witb Diddy and Rosa... for Diddy trip his flow up a lot with pellets, shut down his quick game by halting all his movements and avoid grabs the best you can. With Rosa honestly I'd space and go all out arsenal til Luma is KO'd (especially CBs since those blow on impact with Luma) and go in while I have the chance and do what I can.

Last edited:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
When I can't get an Up-Tilt/Smash in I sometimes just throw to set something up.
D-/Up-Throw to catch them with U-Air or Up-Smash, F-/B-Throw to send them over the ledge to set up for B-Air/F-Smash/D-Air.

Though I'm not a great Megaman, so don't take my advice too seriously. xD

Last edited:

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
Oh yeah, and since so many people abuse rolls, try your best to learn or read your opponent's rolling patterns because this is where Down-Smash really shines. I know for a fact so many people neglect DSmash and it's understandable, but it is a really good kill move and roll punisher.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
^this.

When someone likes to roll backwards a quick F-Smash can catch them too.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
My favorite is using walking lemons and walking through them and doing nothing and they do nothing like what.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You can toss in a few Metal Blades while you're at it.
Eh, their greater hitstun makes it easier for opponents
to react in case they fall past the edge due to hitstun.
(Compared to lemons which barely have any, but still enough
to make them miss and cause humiliating deaths).

But I understand what you're getting at. Drops FTW!
(And up to 10%).

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
Setting up a BO7 against notable SSBB player Seibrik who also mains MM.

Haven't seen ANY MM dittos yet, so I'm hoping he accepts, and I'll try to get video of the matches when it happens.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
IMG_07092.jpg

Got this in the mail earlier today. Is pretty much the E-Can collection, but not as cool/but not as hugely expensive.

Don't really have an issue with some of the sound complaints in regards to a couple songs from MM2, they're really only noticeable if you have headphones on, and the quality on the ripped PS arranged songs are actually of better quality than on the internet as a trade off.

Feels good to have a hard copy of MM1-10's OST.

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Hello, MegaMains!

I am unsure if this is the place to discuss this, but I need all of your help in deciding on whether to choose MM over Marth as a "mid-range" character. See, right now I am trying to select a rush-down character and a mid-range character to change my play-style. MM isn't a contestant for rush-down but I know he is excellent at mid-range.

My question then, if you choose to accept it, is: Who do you believe to be the better mid-range character in all regards, MegaMan or Marth? I would like to know your opinions, since you all have greater experience and success with MM than I. If you do not know much about Marth that is fine. I have experience using both and am really just in need of a final push to pick which one. (I am super indecisive so please bear with me.)

thank you all in advance!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hello, MegaMains!

I am unsure if this is the place to discuss this, but I need all of your help in deciding on whether to choose MM over Marth as a "mid-range" character. See, right now I am trying to select a rush-down character and a mid-range character to change my play-style. MM isn't a contestant for rush-down but I know he is excellent at mid-range.

My question then, if you choose to accept it, is: Who do you believe to be the better mid-range character in all regards, MegaMan or Marth? I would like to know your opinions, since you all have greater experience and success with MM than I. If you do not know much about Marth that is fine. I have experience using both and am really just in need of a final push to pick which one. (I am super indecisive so please bear with me.)

Well, since you are in the Mega Man part of the site, you can expect most people to have a preference to Mega Man. I know I do too. I think both are good for mid range combat, and Mega Man also has an advantage at further distances too. Since you already have a sword fighter in Meta-Knight, Maybe Mega Man would be the better choice. You could always keep both around if push comes to shove.

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Well, since you are in the Mega Man part of the site, you can expect most people to have a preference to Mega Man. I know I do too. I think both are good for mid range combat, and Mega Man also has an advantage at further distances too. Since you already have a sword fighter in Meta-Knight, Maybe Mega Man would be the better choice. You could always keep both around if push comes to shove.
Well, actually I plan on dropping MK as a main. He really doesn't add anything to my playstyle choices except multiple jumps. He's fun but I feel restrained using him. His range is deceptively small and he's actually more so punishable than most realize (or I just suck).

I should probably elaborate on why I want a rush-down character and a mid-range character.

I already have a keep away in the form of Samus, who I will not drop. I play her very patiently and since MK is played the same way but with no real benefit I see no reason to continue maining him to win. Having a confident rush-down character and a mid-range character, I believe would help increase my odds of winning since I would have three different play-styles to choose from, or that is the theory anyway. Maybe I shouldn't try to force myself to get aggressive if it's just not my style but I definitely feel having three different levels between aggressive and patient will be beneficial.
The rush-down main would obviously be my aggressive main while Samus, as the camper, the patient one. MM and Marth, I hypothesize, can be used to great effect as mid-range characters who I can use as something between abrasive and conservative. Maybe it's wrong to conflate attack range with aggression levels, though.

I guess other questions to ask are:
1. Am I conflating attack range with aggression and is this wrong?
2. Does MM compliment Samus more than Marth?

(In case you are wondering, I am still deciding on a rush-down main as well. It'll probably be Sheik or Capt. Falcon but I can't choose which one either. LOL)

Thanks for replying, Thekewlusername!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, actually I plan on dropping MK as a main. He really doesn't add anything to my playstyle choices except multiple jumps. He's fun but I feel restrained using him. His range is deceptively small and he's actually more so punishable than most realize (or I just suck).

I should probably elaborate on why I want a rush-down character and a mid-range character.

I already have a keep away in the form of Samus, who I will not drop. I play her very patiently and since MK is played the same way but with no real benefit I see no reason to continue maining him to win. Having a confident rush-down character and a mid-range character, I believe would help increase my odds of winning since I would have three different play-styles to choose from, or that is the theory anyway. Maybe I shouldn't try to force myself to get aggressive if it's just not my style but I definitely feel having three different levels between aggressive and patient will be beneficial.
The rush-down main would obviously be my aggressive main while Samus, as the camper, the patient one. MM and Marth, I hypothesize, can be used to great effect as mid-range characters who I can use as something between abrasive and conservative. Maybe it's wrong to conflate attack range with aggression levels, though.

I guess other questions to ask are:
1. Am I conflating attack range with aggression and is this wrong?
2. Does MM compliment Samus more than Marth?

(In case you are wondering, I am still deciding on a rush-down main as well. It'll probably be Sheik or Capt. Falcon but I can't choose which one either. LOL)

Thanks for replying, Thekewlusername!
I would say Marth might work better if you really want to be more aggressive. But Mega Man works better for a more balanced level of offensive/defensive styles. Honestly, the two are different enough to pull off different jobs. But since you do have Samus as a Keep-Away fighter, Marth would be a more notable contrast. But I find Mega Man to be much more fun to use.

Still, no matter who you pick, I would suggest having the other as your third, just to surprise your opponent every once in a while. I usually carry about 3 characters myself in Smash.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Hello, MegaMains!

Go with both. Main MM and second Marth or vice versa. I'm learning Lucina just for the Kirby and Capt Falcon match-ups.

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
I would say Marth might work better if you really want to be more aggressive. But Mega Man works better for a more balanced level of offensive/defensive styles. Honestly, the two are different enough to pull off different jobs. But since you do have Samus as a Keep-Away fighter, Marth would be a more notable contrast. But I find Mega Man to be much more fun to use.

Still, no matter who you pick, I would suggest having the other as your third, just to surprise your opponent every once in a while. I usually carry about 3 characters myself in Smash.
Well, I brought up the whole "mid-ranged" fighter thing cuz I am actually trying to find three mains: one for close-combat/rush down, another for mid-range, and the last for camping. Samus is my camper and I actually already reached out to the Capt. Falcon forum pub and they said Capt. Falcon might be what I am looking for in a rush-down character. So this mid-range character doesn't need to be the most aggressive, cuz that's what Falcon's there for. I could technically have both as a mid-range mains but three mains is already kinda pushing it.

I think MM would be the best. You said it yourself that MM is better than Marth at playing both offensive and defensive. And...I really like how MM can duck underneath a lot of projectiles (something Samus and Capt. have trouble with).

Only things I feel Marth trumps MM in is his character (I look at Marth mains as the epitome of honed skill, class, and finesse for some reason), Marth's greater recovery, and he is easier to KO with than MM. However, I think I can work on minimizing these differences.

I did ask the Marth mains what they thought so I will wait to hear their side before deciding but you definitely helped a ton. If I do end up choosing MM, you'll see me floating around these parts learning and asking for critiques of my battles.

Thanks a ton! Have a good night!

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Go with both. Main MM and second Marth or vice versa. I'm learning Lucina just for the Kirby and Capt Falcon match-ups.
I might do that. Problem is that now I have three characters I gotta pick up and learn (read my reply above if you wanna know the details). It's just more character juggling but I don't wanna have so many mains that I can't master any of them, ya know? I'll try though.

Thanks for the input!

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
Tried watching but stream was too poor quality to watch. It was all skippy. Looks like you're doing well though.
Yeah, he turned the stream off. ;_;

Just finished the set. Went 10-2! Might upload some of these matches later in the week.

VS Pac-Man, Sheik, Falcon, & Marth.

Got a kill by uptilting fire hydrant into the air and it hit him mid-air lmao.

intuitive2011

Smash Rookie
What is Megaman's idea movement option? I don't think this is new tech, but I discovered that he has a wave dash using block plus dash. But I don't know whether this is useful or not.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
So for matches where the others have projectiles that absorb our projectiles (samus, lucario, wii fit trainer etc.) how do you guys approach, you basically lose all metal blade and shorthop lemon pressure whenever they get to charge their projectile a bit.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
So for matches where the others have projectiles that absorb our projectiles (samus, lucario, wii fit trainer etc.) how do you guys approach, you basically lose all metal blade and shorthop lemon pressure whenever they get to charge their projectile a bit.
I usually choose to throw a Leaf Shield to nullify them unless they overpower it like Lucario's fully charged Aura Sphere. If that's the case I jump and toss a diagonal metal blade. You could also slide under some projectiles such as Pit's arrows.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Of those Samus is the hardest as we can't do much against missile spam, especially at the start of a match. Still working on ideas for this one...stages with platforms would probably help a lot I would think.

The others you just have to play defensively and unlike Samus, they're movesets aren't focused on charging their attacks, they still have to generally come to you. Projectile spam helps, but only if they're about a half stage away.

Leaf Shield has the most priority/range, but it doesn't help against fully charged shots nor does it often come out quickly enough to counter. But using it while can an opponent is rolling close to you can help disrupt it.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
The others you just have to play defensively and unlike Samus, they're movesets aren't focused on charging their attacks, they still have to generally come to you. Projectile spam helps, but only if they're about a half stage away.
This. Also, if your patience wears thin, you could try playing passive-aggressively (IE, get close and b-reverse metal blades/crash bombs, move back and fourth with nair, things of this sort). Nair/Jab I've noticed is seriously your friend for interrupting in matchups like this because it's fairly speedy (pretty sure it's frame 2 yeah?)

Top Bottom