• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bronze Greek God Sword Ganon

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
If I work on a magic move set it wont fit into his current move set, there isnt enough space in his file to do it.

Also, the move set I wana make will strongly be based off of ganondorf and phantom ganon from OOT. I can see if any of your ideas can fit in with this :)
Aw shucks for not amount of space though. How is it going for your moveset so far? Is there a move you want to setup from OoT?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Aw shucks for not amount of space though. How is it going for your moveset so far? Is there a move you want to setup from OoT?
So far ive been working on a teleport move. One of the big issues I'd like to solve is giving ganondorf a real projectile. I'm hoping someone will be able to come up with a solution for that. The rest will be very doable, just time consuming. I want him to have his orb, ground punch, teleport, cape reflector, the ability to fly, and some kind of dark magic push/pull attack. Like i said, only the teleport has been worked on right now. It will be a while before a magic move set is released. Dont expect it any time soon.

Also is there a way to recolor the purple flame from all of ganondorf movements? I tried brawlbox 0.71 to recolor the particle through the reff list , but a partial of it got changed http://i.imgur.com/9v6HHlw.jpg

My album though: http://imgur.com/a/WPDv1
That looks pretty good actually. it still wouldnt be a real projectile, but it looks nice. As for the purple flame, i duno how to edit that stuff. I'm sure i can figure it out, but i'll do that if i decide i can use that for anything.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
K guys heres my next update. It isnt as big and exciting as Ashingda's, but I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/50z08bxkdaflaz5/ganon(3).rar

I mostly worked on aesthetics and timings of attacks. Sped some up, slowed some down slightly.
The bigger change is that you can now add or subtract horizontal momentum during the jumping phaze of the neutral B

I hope I can still get some people to play test this.

Remember, most ideas that i will be taking into account will have to do with balancing. I want this to be as balanced as possible and to be at least somewhat playable competitively. I will take other ideas into account too but this move set is more or less what I'm looking to keep.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
oh also, thanks to Ashingda, ive fixed all the turning animations. That's one of the biggest refinements im really happy about in this update.

and for those who like what Ashingda has done with the teleport, I like it a lot too. I have some things i'm working on for his teleport which i'll be incorporating into a magic move set in the future. If I can get some of the things working that I want, the magic move set will be amazing

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Quite curious how "A Bloody Canadian" managed to edit the articles, For example Shiki from TWEWY she got her claw GFX in her moveset. Don't know though if it got replaced by something else.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
articles are different from gfx. Articles have their own physics and hit boxes and act independently from the character once activated. It seems the claw thing is just a gfx and hitboxes that come out of the character rather than it being an actual article (unless you know something i dont and it in fact is an article). What i want is something like lucarios aura sphere to work with.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I thought Articles (or was it External GFX) are like the Purple Warlock Punch that I couldn't edit the color in BrawlBox.
You can try check this pages (which will probably help with PSA):

http://smashboards.com/threads/a-mo...o-on-specials-article-ids-gfx-ids-etc.244605/
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Effect.pac_IDs

Although Ganondorf's External Graphic Files says 21 : File=21, Graphic ID=2, Bone=29 (this is on Ganondorf Sub Action 1CE, warlock punch.) on, the ID on Ganondorf list on the page says 15 (probably in hex where 15 is 21 in hex)

Lucario 00 and 01 is probably Aura Sphere hold and release, while his Side B is 02 and 03. And his ID on the page says 22 (in hex it would be 34, which would show in PSA as File=34)

I might be wrong though. Otherwise it would be a model, which can be attached to his fake projectile (as how i managed to attach Beast Punch on Ganondorfs warlock punch).

I will check it later to see if it works or not.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
No, fx and external gfx are basically the same thing. Lucarios aura sphere is weird. There is the article and there are gfx that follow the article. That could be what you're seeing when you look through the files.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Alright.

I managed to import model and texture of Lucario's Aura Sphere, and attached it on his Warlock Punch (on v2.3 Sword Ganon). The Sphere Model and Texture did come out nicely (almost looked like Mewtwo Shadow Ball), but there's this light flash at the end of the sphere animation, that flashes the whole stage or front of the camera which hurt my eyes. Since i attached it on PtcGanonMajinken, PtcGanonMajinkenHold and PtcGanonMajinkenFlash, the ball came out on their resp bone point, and it flashes 3 times during the warlock punch. As I tried Lucario Aura Sphere, it did come with some blue texture or gfx, what Warlock Punch did lack of.(Gonna check PSA for External GFX)

Since i used v2.3 which do have fake projectile Warlock Punch, The Aura Sphere did follow it as well. (the Ball position placed weird after the end of animation, which is probably bone position as well as fade timer. Can be checked through PSA)
However if attached to PtcGanonMajinken, all 3 stances will use on Warlock Punch external gfx (at least what i think so). Otherwise PtcGanonAppealS (which I think it his Side Taunt- the knuckle effect pose), can be used for his Magic Ganon, if called out File=21, Graphic ID=11. (Gonna check out more stuff and somehow delete this flashy light effect.)

Well it did work for his Side-taunt. :D
Here's a video for it just a few minutes ago:

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
well again the way u have it is only a gfx. Ideally, we wana have it be an actual article that works independently from ganondorf.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Ah ok, my bad.

Well... My guess to create an article would be through ft_character.rel file with hex-editing. But silly me knows nothing about it.

So basically, all PSA "characters without projectiles" (Like Ganondorf, DK ) has so far only "fake projectiles" as their projectile? (or probably spawn a projectile from items).

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Ya basically. And fake projectiles are just graphic effects and hit boxes that follow the throw N bone. so those "projectiles" can only last as long as the animation. I want ganon to be able to throw an orb and then chase opponents ad combo with it.

That being said, ganondorfs sword is an article. What i'm looking into doing is replacing his sword with the aura sphere article and then editing the gfx and its properties.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Ah alright, now I understand the difference between "articles and GFX" and this situation. Man it sucks Ganondorf being a projectile-less character. and so far there's no answer yet for a real projectile.

So far I can think of now is to change the module of his into somebody else with a projectile, and change all animation and effects into Ganondorf. (but then he will lose all other stuff he had from his module.)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
That's another solution ive thought of.. I think that would also involve using another characters psa for ganons motion file if that is possible.. Is that something you could do?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Motion.pac might be possible, (probably export animation and replace it on another character "AnimationData brres file") since that is only animation. but .pac files will still be an issue though.

EDIT: Im still new to this, but I willingly to experiment some stuffs.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Let see how it can be constructed:

ft_character.rel, rename it to ft_ganon.rel (loss would be purple flames and entry I guess) (Haven't tested it yet)
FitCharacterMotionEtc AnimationData (or the whole bunch n stuff right Before FitCharacterMotionEtc) can be replaced with Ganon stuff. (Haven't tested it yet)
FitCharacter.pac can be replaced with some stuffs as well as add GFX like Aura Sphere model or Beast Punch and more...
FitCharacter.pac in PSA must be edited to all of Ganondorf sub-actions and special. Only thing that differ between the others due to module are probably Special and subaction "1CE and up"

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys sorry for the extreme delay on this but i'm finally ready to update! I know Ashingda has been posting his own updates with his magic mode, but I've been really concentrating on perfecting my sword mode. When I get around to a version of ganondorf that uses magic, I will be using a lot of ashingdas work, but it will have to be in a separate version of Ganondorf (not adding magic mode to this version of this mod). My current files are already maxed out, and I actually had to delete some of his original animations (i'll talk about this in more detail in a moment). Now when I do start working on a magic based ganondorf, I'm gona really be trying to recreate Character that feels like Ganondorf in the boss battle in OOT. So what I envision is using the clone engine so that i can add an extra character slot, one for TP ganon and one for OOT ganon.

Now details on the current update..

The sword move set is basically the same. The only thing majorly changed is his jab. I made it his thrusting attack rather than the slash it used to be. This is to make his move set more canonical. That being said some other changes you all may notice are his sweet spots. I've taken time to refine them to make him more balanced. I also fixed his up b in air (slowed it back down).

For his normal move set, this may make some people happy and others not so happy. I added my aerial down A from my older ganondorf hack. So now he has the fist ground pound deal as his down air. I plan on restoring his normal moveset when i get to releasing a magic move set in the future, but for now ive got it as this. Hopefully you guys enjoy this change.

Edit: I almost forgot. This update cant be used with items. Ive removed a whole crap load of his item animations. So if you try and pick up an item he'll either go into T pose, or the game will freeze. Just a warning for you guys!

Other than that I've worked on a few aesthetic things. Let me know what you guys think. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/656unpfs60eph3x/ganon(4).rar

Last edited:

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
so ive been playing around with the new sword ganon for awhile and so far i like only thing is his down air while in normal mode the downward thurst i dont really like i think his regular down stomp was good but other than that the only weird thing i noticed was his sword had no hit boxes like it literally did nothing it mustve glitched up this happen when someone hit me while was pulling the sword out any idea why?

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
Ok as I was pulling out the sword I was hit by the ice item mr freeze I believe but yeah the sword was basically useless it didn't hit or anything the punches and kicks worked fine though

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I find the balancing on this to be good, but the range and knockback on his dash attack is too good for him. You can easily rack up damage by repeatedly using it.

Top Bottom