• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bronze Greek God Sword Ganon

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Is this pretty much what that one guy was doing with Gannon and making him have a 2nd form "Swordendorf" ?
Well in the forums here there's a sword mode ganon thread by Ashingda. He made this originally, and I took bits and pieces from all his releases and I've made my own build that I personally think should be his move set. I'm asking for feedback to make sure he is balanced and plays nicely. Try the hack out if you wana see what it is lol. But basically, you can switch between his normal move set and his sword.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Awesome! So many improvements! So I'm no good with terminology but let me tell me how my experience was.

Down B: AMAZING. Felt so right. I love the new animation. It changes alot. The distance covered may be too much though.

Normal B: I love the build up but the hit looks to slow compared to how far they fly. Maybe make the charge last longer and have a quicker more sudden hit?

Up B: Too slow I think, try speeding it up a bit?

Side B: I like where you are going with it. Looks a little funny in the air but I like it. Can't pinpoint where I can see change happening yet. Maybe add dark fire on full charge?

Smash Down A: Great, like the speed

Smash Side A: I like this one a lot. I really like the power feeling of the elbow and the second hit is great.

Smash Up A: One of my favourite animations. I love the depth and flow its really nice! Maybe have it hit a little more in front so you don't have to stand right beside the opponent.

Down A: This looks great and I like that it pulls the player toward you.

Normal A: Nice speed good animation.

Up A: A nice touch! Great mix up of the old ganonsword's smash up a.

Side A: Glad the sparta kick is still here :)

Uair: Nice speed. The sword looks heavy on this one!

Fair/Bair: GREAT!

Dair: I still dont know how I feel about this one.. But it is good!

Thanks for all your hard work please keep it up! If I could do it I would.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Awesome! So many improvements! So I'm no good with terminology but let me tell me how my experience was.

Down B: AMAZING. Felt so right. I love the new animation. It changes alot. The distance covered may be too much though.

Normal B: I love the build up but the hit looks to slow compared to how far they fly. Maybe make the charge last longer and have a quicker more sudden hit?

Up B: Too slow I think, try speeding it up a bit?

Side B: I like where you are going with it. Looks a little funny in the air but I like it. Can't pinpoint where I can see change happening yet. Maybe add dark fire on full charge?

Smash Down A: Great, like the speed

Smash Side A: I like this one a lot. I really like the power feeling of the elbow and the second hit is great.

Smash Up A: One of my favourite animations. I love the depth and flow its really nice! Maybe have it hit a little more in front so you don't have to stand right beside the opponent.

Down A: This looks great and I like that it pulls the player toward you.

Normal A: Nice speed good animation.

Up A: A nice touch! Great mix up of the old ganonsword's smash up a.

Side A: Glad the sparta kick is still here :)

Uair: Nice speed. The sword looks heavy on this one!

Fair/Bair: GREAT!

Dair: I still dont know how I feel about this one.. But it is good!

Thanks for all your hard work please keep it up! If I could do it I would.
Thanks for the feedback!
I'll work on the things you mentioned some time soon and work them into the next release. I like a few of your ideas and comments.

If you pinpoint the issues you have with the side b and down air let me know, (especially for the side b, i know what you mean.. something is off, esp for the air animation, but i don't know what to fix exactly lol)

Diraga

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the feedback!
I'll work on the things you mentioned some time soon and work them into the next release. I like a few of your ideas and comments.

If you pinpoint the issues you have with the side b and down air let me know, (especially for the side b, i know what you mean.. something is off, esp for the air animation, but i don't know what to fix exactly lol)
What happened to the old upsmash with the lightning? I liked that better than the current one. I think Ganon needs more magic-style moves.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
What happened to the old upsmash with the lightning? I liked that better than the current one. I think Ganon needs more magic-style moves.
Now its his up tilt..

Also, this hack is based on his sword. There are some others working on another ganon altogether which will be based on magic.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
It may actually work to swap the smash up with up tilt. The old up smash had the horizontal and vertical coverage that worked well and having magic on the up tilt feels a little off. But I love the animation for the current up smash and it could and would make a great up tilt.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
It may actually work to swap the smash up with up tilt. The old up smash had the horizontal and vertical coverage that worked well and having magic on the up tilt feels a little off. But I love the animation for the current up smash and it could and would make a great up tilt.
Two reasons this wont work

1. this is more aesthetic - because the up smash animation looks way too powerful of a movement for it to be a tilt move

2. the up tilt is not a smash move the way i have it, its a set up for other moves attack. it isn't that powerful. if i move it to the smash it would have to be more powerful, and that would take away from the combo potential it creates.

kourama

Smash Rookie
Just downloaded and used your sword mod. It's pretty amazing. After I use it a bit more I can give you proper feedback on the moveset. One question though, is there going to be an update with regular fist Ganon being the same as the Project M one?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Just downloaded and used your sword mod. It's pretty amazing. After I use it a bit more I can give you proper feedback on the moveset. One question though, is there going to be an update with regular fist Ganon being the same as the Project M one?
I'm pretty sure the versions ive released are the same as project m except for his up smash..

IHaveAName

Very Cute Robot
Actually, I think the Up-B on fist Ganon goes up and falls back down a lot faster.

Also, Ganon's Side-B in the air is wickedly powerful for recovery, I've noticed. Spamming it and immediately doing the slash allows you to recover from just about anything easily. Perhaps limit the side-B to a single use in the air? But, don't make him helpless after it?

I've also noticed that if you use his Side-B, then land, you can't shield or jump out of it, and have to commit to the slash.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Update Posted

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1kv7410exgxr45/ganonUpdate(2).rar

let me know what you guys think about the changes!
And Pleaseee give me lots of feedback for his side b. The way it looks, GFX, and ESPECIALLY let me know if its OP or not. And for all attacks (including side B), Let me know if the damage he deals is fine. I'm slightly worried some of his moves deal too much damage.

ENJOY!
I played around a bit and so far so good! The side B looks a lot more polished and it works really well. MY GOODNESS that down B is so cool. Routinely get compliments about it so I'm sending those to you haha. The normal B looks better than before! The delay before and the speed of the hit have improved but I still feel like the sword looks too heavy. Maybe have him hold the charge up longer and then time the strike down to the dying end of his normal B sound effect. It's getting closer!

EDIT: The distance traveled in the air by side B seems to great. Maybe an initial burst and then have him go back to falling animation. He can float all the way back to a stage if he uses it as it is. Sort of unfair haha

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I played around a bit and so far so good! The side B looks a lot more polished and it works really well. MY GOODNESS that down B is so cool. Routinely get compliments about it so I'm sending those to you haha. The normal B looks better than before! The delay before and the speed of the hit have improved but I still feel like the sword looks too heavy. Maybe have him hold the charge up longer and then time the strike down to the dying end of his normal B sound effect. It's getting closer!

EDIT: The distance traveled in the air by side B seems to great. Maybe an initial burst and then have him go back to falling animation. He can float all the way back to a stage if he uses it as it is. Sort of unfair haha
I'm having issues with the speed of his Neutral B. I actually cant change it for some reason. I'm still trying to figure it out. Thanks for the down b compliments lol.
As for the side b in the air, maybe i can make it fall a bit faster and shorten the distance traveled as well. If he goes directly into a fall, i feel like it'll look and feel weird. But I'll see what i can do about that.

Thanks for the feedback!

Diraga

Smash Cadet
For some reason I can only have Sword-Mode 2.3 without freezing my custom build. 2.4 and 2.5 both freeze when I try to choose a stage after picking Ganondorf.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
For some reason I can only have Sword-Mode 2.3 without freezing my custom build. 2.4 and 2.5 both freeze when I try to choose a stage after picking Ganondorf.
Hm, i duno what the issue is there if its working for everyone else..

What version of P:M are u using now?

Diraga

Smash Cadet
Hm, i duno what the issue is there if its working for everyone else..

What version of P:M are u using now?
I'm using NFreak's 3.02 build. I'm also using Smash 3 textures for Ganondorf; I remember that being a problem for Sword-Mode in Patt Anderson's build.

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's the Smash 3 texture.

If you try to use their textures, but don't use their character's fitmotion.pac or whatever file it's called, then it will act all wonky and stuff.

Brosach

Smash Cadet
So I played a match with some good friends and first I feel like you shouldn't be able to dodge out of pulling out the sword, I feel like switching playstyles mid match should be punishable much like samus, I wouldn't mind if you gave him a sec of invincibility frame as he looks upon the sword but having him roll out seems a bit too unfair seeing how not all the characters have swords or just the ability to roll out of their swap, also I feel as though his Side-B(which I do enjoy using) lacks any real faults it like if you added the ability to roll out of your hybrid lucario's Side-B, as well the damage and knockback being well too good I feel like this would be great for brawl(but for PM Idk if it was toned done just a bit), It is like the sword Ganon I always wanted, But man I don't know if I it want anymore(maybe you just have to mess with it so more, It might just be a matter of opinion, or a matter of first impressions in a real match).

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So I played a match with some good friends and first I feel like you shouldn't be able to dodge out of pulling out the sword, I feel like switching playstyles mid match should be punishable much like samus, I wouldn't mind if you gave him a sec of invincibility frame as he looks upon the sword but having him roll out seems a bit too unfair seeing how not all the characters have swords or just the ability to roll out of their swap, also I feel as though his Side-B(which I do enjoy using) lacks any real faults it like if you added the ability to roll out of your hybrid lucario's Side-B, as well the damage and knockback being well too good I feel like this would be great for brawl(but for PM Idk if it was toned done just a bit), It is like the sword Ganon I always wanted, But man I don't know if I it want anymore(maybe you just have to mess with it so more, It might just be a matter of opinion, or a matter of first impressions in a real match).
Ya, I am still working on the side B and am taking suggestions to make everything as balanced as possible. The thing is, were telling me that the move felt too much like he was being set into "auto pilot" since you couldn't get out of the move until the animation ended. And others were saying that when it was weaker it was kind of useless and didn't give them any rewards when using it. So I'm not sure if its that OP really.. Ikes side B is still way better and more useful than this side B.

Do you really think its that good of a move? In my next release, he will be falling off the edge when using side b rather than getting stuck on the edge, and when bumping into a wall he stops rather than continuing the animation as well. I don't know if that will change much.

I will take your suggestion into account though and will be thinking of ways to balance it out!

Thanks for the feedback :)

Brosach

Smash Cadet
idk I just felt kind of felt bad for the guy(using photosynthesis) that I sent out at 50% with it full charged, but yeah I feel like his reach and and damage are a bit much, the Side-B isn't that overpowering(unless you get the full charge which can be quite a hassle to land) it is mainly the idea of dodging out of it just takes away from the high risks of going for the high reward

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
I haven't had much of a chance to sit down with your most recent version, but I still strongly disliked the Side+B you currently have even when Ashingda had it implemented. It may feel better to use, I don't know, but I don't think it fits Ganon aesthetically either. It's also just kind of bad because the move is really telegraphed. Again, perhaps I have to play with it more, but I think it's whack and it's really out of place.

I think the lightning U-tilt is a little ridiculous, but I'll have to actually play with it more to know for sure.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I haven't had much of a chance to sit down with your most recent version, but I still strongly disliked the Side+B you currently have even when Ashingda had it implemented. It may feel better to use, I don't know, but I don't think it fits Ganon aesthetically either. It's also just kind of bad because the move is really telegraphed. Again, perhaps I have to play with it more, but I think it's whack and it's really out of place.

I think the lightning U-tilt is a little ridiculous, but I'll have to actually play with it more to know for sure.
Well the side B is 100% based off of his attack in Twilight princess.. so if it doesnt fit him in smash it shouldnt be in TP either :p

Wait before trying my current latest version cause I'm gona be releasing another very soon.

kourama

Smash Rookie
I think his standard A needs to either have less range or less knock back. Right now it is just as fast and comparably strong to his standard A without a sword with an incredible amount of range. It is a little too good as an edge guard against characters who don't have good options to return to the stage.

Also I think his standard B needs more knock back.

There may be a few more things I would recommend tweaking but I use him some more. Great job!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I think his standard A needs to either have less range or less knock back. Right now it is just as fast and comparably strong to his standard A without a sword with an incredible amount of range. It is a little too good as an edge guard against characters who don't have good options to return to the stage.

Also I think his standard B needs more knock back.

There may be a few more things I would recommend tweaking but I use him some more. Great job!
Thanks for the feedback.. done and done :p

Ive been working on a bunch of stuff, so expect an update tonight or tmro guys!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Update posted!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b5fvd22ds93w4p/ganon2.7.rar

2.7 Updates:

- More animation cleaning
- Tweaked some hit boxes in a few more moves
- Gave tip of sword for up B more knockback
- slowed down neutral A attack
- Fixed speed of neutral B (may still need tweaking)
- can now jump off a ledge with neutral B if are close enough to the edge (speed of fall may need work)
- Tip of sword for neutral B has a bit more knockback
- slightly slowed down Down B animation start
- Side B now falls off edges instead of getting stuck
- When bumping into a wall with side B, goes into the normal run "bump into wall" animation.
- Shortened distance traveled of air side B
- Slowed down end of air side B attack animation so it cant be repeated over and over for recovery

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So far I really like all the changes! Thanks for all the hard work! The only major thing is the speed of fist ganon's up B. It's quite unsettling. Any insight?
do you want it to be faster? I'm not sure what's wrong with it, it seems fine to me.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
well i thought it was fine so i wasnt gona change it.. but what part is too fast? the whole animation? the beginning? the end?
Overall it seems too fast. What made you change it in the first place? Also, interestingly enough, I find the sword ganon's up B to be too slow! Hahaha maybe I'm too picky.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Overall it seems too fast. What made you change it in the first place? Also, interestingly enough, I find the sword ganon's up B to be too slow! Hahaha maybe I'm too picky.
Oh i see, you think fist ganons up b is too fast and sword ganons is too slow?

That's kinda strange cause i didn't change the speed of the fist ganon up b...

and as for sword ganon, what part is too slow?

Top Bottom