• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bronze Greek God Sword Ganon

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So my second release has been completed and posted. The changes are posted below (there aren't too many huge changes). The next (and 3rd) release will include my regular (non sword mode) Ganondorf move set hack, and probably some more animation cleaning. The 4th release will probably include a new grapple move set (all his catch and catchattack psa and animations will be new).

I should mention for those who don't know, Ive mainly used animation and psa stuff that Ashingda created, and am editing them to my liking. So Credit goes to him. This couldn't have been done if it wasn't for his work!

3.1:

Hey guys sorry for the extreme delay on this but i'm finally ready to update! I know Ashingda has been posting his own updates with his magic mode, but I've been really concentrating on perfecting my sword mode. When I get around to a version of ganondorf that uses magic, I will be using a lot of ashingdas work, but it will have to be in a separate version of Ganondorf (not adding magic mode to this version of this mod). My current files are already maxed out, and I actually had to delete some of his original animations (i'll talk about this in more detail in a moment). Now when I do start working on a magic based ganondorf, I'm gona really be trying to recreate Character that feels like Ganondorf in the boss battle in OOT. So what I envision is using the clone engine so that i can add an extra character slot, one for TP ganon and one for OOT ganon.

Now details on the current update..

The sword move set is basically the same. The only thing majorly changed is his jab. I made it his thrusting attack rather than the slash it used to be. This is to make his move set more canonical. That being said some other changes you all may notice are his sweet spots. I've taken time to refine them to make him more balanced. I also fixed his up b in air (slowed it back down).

For his normal move set, this may make some people happy and others not so happy. I added my aerial down A from my older ganondorf hack. So now he has the fist ground pound deal as his down air. I plan on restoring his normal moveset when i get to releasing a magic move set in the future, but for now ive got it as this. Hopefully you guys enjoy it.

Other than that I've worked on a few aesthetic things. Let me know what you guys think. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/656unpfs60eph3x/ganon(4).rar

2.8 Updates:

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq83pOHzwRQ

- Worked on starting animations for side b air and ground (thank you to kagemaru for ground start animation)
- Distance and speed traveled with air side b is changed
- Ground side b run animation improved
- Ground side b attack animation improved
- Minor animation cleaning
- Down b speed and distance slightly reduced
2.7 Updates:

- More animation cleaning
- Tweaked some hit boxes in a few more moves
- Gave tip of sword for up B more knockback
- slowed down neutral A attack
- Fixed speed of neutral B (may still need tweaking)
- can now jump off a ledge with neutral B if are close enough to the edge (speed of fall may need work)
- Tip of sword for neutral B has a bit more knockback
- slightly slowed down Down B animation start
- Side B now falls off edges instead of getting stuck
- When bumping into a wall with side B, goes into the normal run "bump into wall" animation.
- Shortened distance traveled of air side B
- Slowed down end of air side B attack animation so it cant be repeated over and over for recovery

Setbacks:

Im trying to change the speed of his Neutral B but it wont let me for some reason. It just doesn't work.

2nd release Updates:

- A number of animation clean ups to make things work more smoothly
- GFX and SFX fixes
- Edited forward smash to make the 2nd attack easier to execute
- Worked on balancing the power of a few attacks (AirF and AirB I believe had the biggest changes with this)
- Buffed side B attack a bit:
- starts off a bit stronger, and charges up faster now
- Can jump and block out of it on the ground, can dodge out of it in the air
- Air Side B attack momentum fixed to look better
- Neutral B hit boxes now start sooner
- AirB basically has a completely new animation
- Speed of AirD altered slightly

I think that covers all the updates. Please keep me posted with what you think and if you think balancing is off. If anything is too weak or too powerful please let me know.

I'm still thinking of a few ways to improve some stuff. And I do have some plans to change some attacks (mainly grab attacks).

Glitches/problems I know need work:

Aesthetic stuff
- Still need to perfect a number of animations

"Glitches"
- When ganon turns using his sword, there is still a flinch with the animation. The other flinches have been fixed.
- When walking and going into the Wait animation, it seems that the WalkBreak animation is being skipped because he goes straight into wait without a transition.

Other possible glitches - i still haven't tested this, but I used 2 of his beam sword Subactions for 2 of his attacks. so I'm not sure if using weapons would freeze the game. I personally dont use items so its not an issue for me.

Here's the Changelist from 2.3:

Neutral B - is back to the beta version where he jumps and attacks with his sword

Side B - dashing attack. Press A to complete the attack. The longer the dash goes for the more powerful the attack. if you time pressing A properly at the very end of the attack the move is extra powerful but is also slower.

Down b - begining of animation is slowed down. second part is sped up significantly. Damage dealt is low, and knockback is changed to help you set up for other attacks rather than it being a knockout move. GFX significantly changed

Up b - same except GFX are changed

Up smash - back to beta version

Up Tilt - 2.3 up smash, but much weaker. Can be interrupted after attacking so it can be used for combos

down tilt - forward sword jab, pops enemies up and towards you slightly. can be used to combo

forward smash - back to what the beta version was except using his elbow (elbow and then press a again to execute a sword swing). Also this can not be angled up and down any more.

down smash - speed of attack changed

side tilt - sparta kick (sparta kick can only be used straight to the side now not at an upward and downward angle)

B air - back to betas sword slash

down taunt (pull out and put away sword) - added a gfx to make it look like he is magically materializing the sword rather than it just appearing in his hand.

I think that covers everything. You may find a few things I forgot to mention. Heres the file... enjoy and let me know what you think!

3.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/656unpfs60eph3x/ganon(4).rar

3.0 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/50z08bxkdaflaz5/ganon(3).rar
Version 2.8 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/bcaszb67gplnm6e/ganon(2).rar
Version 2.4 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/vpphxetd9w3q4l1/Ganon sword good.rar
Version 2.5 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/8xi0aitcxukyvir/GanonUpdate.rar
Version 2.6 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1kv7410exgxr45/ganonUpdate(2).rar
Version 2.7 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b5fvd22ds93w4p/ganon2.7.rar

Oh ps.. if anyone can make a video of this, that would be great. I dont know how to do that.

Last edited:

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
It's good. Sometimes the sword would glitch (like it would be a different angle.)
EDIT: U-Smash is his brawl one.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
It's good. Sometimes the sword would glitch (like it would be a different angle.)
EDIT: U-Smash is his brawl one.
Ya i know about the sword glitch (i assume you mean the one where it flicks back for a split second) I need to figure out how to fix that

and his normal up smash is the brawl one ya, cause i personally like that better. I'll be slightly editing some of his other regular moves as well.. I plan on making his down air into a ground pound shockwave move, and giving his neutral a a gfx and some flinchless hit boxes that push enemies away slightly in the distance.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
are u testing in practice mode? in practice mode that happens cause he doesnt do his entry animation and his entry animation determines whether or not he has the sword move set.

ive found a couple other minor glitches which i can fix easily for next release. Ill post those in the original post too so you guys can see what i already know. Btw u should read the original post so you know what I already plan on fixing so you dont waste your time posting stuff i already know :p

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
thanks. but the animations were mostly done by Ashingda. I did some minor edits to them. the main thing i did was the PSA. thats where all the additions and changes were made.

B.I.G. Keko Jones

Smash Rookie
hello i just join to this awesome forums and i just saw this crazy idea for mod ganons moveset...so im asking an old question but where can i learn to mod the game both on the console & dolphin & how can i put input this ganon mod into my games...please somebody show me

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey BronzeGod, haven't got a chance yet to test out your beta, work is eating up all my free time. Hopefully I will get a chance soon pretty excited!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
hey BGG, i got to play around with your mod a little and its really fun i like your take on Ashingda's mod quite a bit. You already know about all the visual glitches so i wont mention them again. The only things that feels off is 2.3 Up smash is now up tilt but I really like side B but at the same time i miss Flame choke. But what is your long term goal with the mod? Are you planing on increasing the power but slow the speed in sword mode? Or something else entirely?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Well the current move set is what i'm gona work with. My main goal now is perfecting animations and balancing. If you play around more tho, you'll find the combo potential with my version is a lot higher than 2.3 and i know that was a big concern. His flame choke is still there if you put away the sword, so its not gone completely. I'm pretty happy with what ive done, I hope you end up enjoying it more. Sorry if it isnt exactly what you were expecting.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Well the current move set is what i'm gona work with. My main goal now is perfecting animations and balancing. If you play around more tho, you'll find the combo potential with my version is a lot higher than 2.3 and i know that was a big concern. His flame choke is still there if you put away the sword, so its not gone completely. I'm pretty happy with what ive done, I hope you end up enjoying it more. Sorry if it isnt exactly what you were expecting.
oh dont get me wrong i like it a lot, im just so used to using Flame choke so not having it is just a lot to get used to. I cant wait to see future versions. And don't apologize man you did a great job im having lots of fun with this.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
keep me posted on what u think about balancing. i gota work on that.. so far im finding him pretty balanced as he is though lol. Ive dont a couple minor tweaks here n there, but i havent noticed anything WAY OP.

But make sure to let me know if you find anything!

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
The timing for the secondary hit on his F-Smash seems the slightest bit strict, enough to make timing it for a successful attack to be quite an inconvenient matter. The initial hit also does not cause the correct amount of knockback for chaining into the aforementioned secondary hit. I feel as though a hitbox should the be added above the N-Special as well, since it is a jumping slash and the extra vertical reach would compensate for the lack of contact with a close-up opponent. Finally, I also would like to see a slight knockback buff on his S-Special, since it feel useless in any situation that isn't slanted horizontal recovery or long-range gap closing, the latter of which is already covered by his amazing D-Special. Oh, and as an optional recommendation, I'd also suggest switching U-Tilt and U-Smash; U-Tilt's animation feels much more suited to an U-Smash, and the current U-Smash feels too un-extraordinary in comparison.

Other than that, I really like this new take on the mod, and I anticipatingly look forward to further updates on this project.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
The timing for the secondary hit on his F-Smash seems the slightest bit strict, enough to make timing it for a successful attack to be quite an inconvenient matter. The initial hit also does not cause the correct amount of knockback for chaining into the aforementioned secondary hit. I feel as though a hitbox should the be added above the N-Special as well, since it is a jumping slash and the extra vertical reach would compensate for the lack of contact with a close-up opponent. Finally, I also would like to see a slight knockback buff on his S-Special, since it feel useless in any situation that isn't slanted horizontal recovery or long-range gap closing, the latter of which is already covered by his amazing D-Special. Oh, and as an optional recommendation, I'd also suggest switching U-Tilt and U-Smash; U-Tilt's animation feels much more suited to an U-Smash, and the current U-Smash feels too un-extraordinary in comparison.

Other than that, I really like this new take on the mod, and I anticipatingly look forward to further updates on this project.
Thanks for the feedback!
The thing about the up smash and up tilt is that the up tilt right now is perfect for combo set ups. If i switch them then youd be losing some combo potential. I do agree that the up smash needs something. im just not sure what.

Ive currently already fixed the timing of the side smash a bit. I think it works nicely now. I dont remember if i changed the knockback of the initial hit.. ill test it out to see.

im worried that the hitbox at the beginning of the n special makes it a bit OP. i dont want him to have such insanely good range with that move. But I'll look into that too.

His side special needs perfecting for sure. I'm thinking a shorter charge will have a much faster animation end animation, that way a weak slash can be followed up with some kind of combo. What other buffs would you like to see? Can you be specific with the timings and how powerful you think it should be? Also, you do realize if you time it correctly the side b is very powerful right?

I also need to work on the air side b attacks a lot. their h and v momentum need work, as well as their speed.

Do you have any gfx ideas for his side b? Im thinking about ways to make it look prettier that way too, but im not sure. Maybe it looks fine as is?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Man I miss the fake projectiles...

But seriously, this is pretty nicely done. Aside from what has been said before I have nothing to say. Good Job BGG.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Man I miss the fake projectiles...

But seriously, this is pretty nicely done. Aside from what has been said before I have nothing to say. Good Job BGG.
Sorry about the projectiles, i thought they were interesting, but just didn't fit properly.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Oh about the air side b attack, any suggestions on how the v and h momentum should work. I need some ideas on making that look/work more nicely.

Brosach

Smash Cadet
I love how if you are offstage and you use the down special you'll usually plummet to your grave unless you got some serious vertical distance to cover(good times). I feel the side special is pretty great as a recovery seeing how the D-special is a one-way rocket, aside from the glitch you mentioned with the D-air, I really don't see an issue with your take on sword ganon all in all good work.

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the feedback!
The thing about the up smash and up tilt is that the up tilt right now is perfect for combo set ups. If i switch them then youd be losing some combo potential. I do agree that the up smash needs something. im just not sure what.

Ive currently already fixed the timing of the side smash a bit. I think it works nicely now. I dont remember if i changed the knockback of the initial hit.. ill test it out to see.

im worried that the hitbox at the beginning of the n special makes it a bit OP. i dont want him to have such insanely good range with that move. But I'll look into that too.

His side special needs perfecting for sure. I'm thinking a shorter charge will have a much faster animation end animation, that way a weak slash can be followed up with some kind of combo. What other buffs would you like to see? Can you be specific with the timings and how powerful you think it should be? Also, you do realize if you time it correctly the side b is very powerful right?

I also need to work on the air side b attacks a lot. their h and v momentum need work, as well as their speed.

Do you have any gfx ideas for his side b? Im thinking about ways to make it look prettier that way too, but im not sure. Maybe it looks fine as is?
Personally I think that the fact that you either need to be skilled with the timing of its execution or be facing a complete idiot in order to land his N-Special is balance enough. The fact that you can avoid it by quite literally walking straight in front of Ganondorf and simply standing stationary just seems to be a bit odd for me, and I feel as though some vertical reach would compensate for that fact; that way, it could be used to counter and punish an opponent attempting to land an attack from above if timed correctly (as opposed to being used as a horizontal interceptor/horizontal finisher like his default N-Special).

As for the U-Smash, I have a few ideas how it could be improved.
For one, it could be replaced completely by an attack similar to Ike's U-Smash, only with the blade covered in dark energy; if this route is taken, then I'd suggest also adding a darkness effect to his D- and S-Smashes.
On the other hand, you could simply add an automatic secondary slash, similar to Link's U-Smash only performing two slashes as opposed to three. If this approach is taken, then I'd suggest having a sweetspot at the very top which allows the two attacks to be chained together; otherwise, it only attacks once. This approach makes Ganondorf feel more like a powerful parallel to Link, since the current D- and S-Smashes also have a similar feel to Link's.

Your ideas for the S-Special seem spot on, on my end. A quicker charge time would make it feel much more practical, since it could then be more effective to attack closer opponents. And yes, I am aware of it's knockback when fully charged; I just feel that the charge in between feels a bit... off, in terms of knockback. It doesn't feel powerful, and at that range, why would I resort to doing a tiny bit of chip damage when I could simply run up and hit them with a F-Tilt? And if they are far away, why would I use the full charge to attack them slowly when I could simply close in quickly with his D-Special and follow up with either a combo or smash attack? Yes, I think that quickening the charge and increasing a bit of the knockback on the uncharged attack will make it feel much more worthwhile; I'll be able to attack opponents much more effectively when they are between the attack range of a standard attack and the range that his D-Special grants him, and it would feel more useful than simply countering with a Dash Attack. As for the visual upgrades, I think that having some darkness or lightning (possibly both?) trail him as his sword starts to charge would make it look much better, but other than that I think it looks fine.

In my opinion, the only changes to the aerial version of his S-Special would be the ones mentioned above. The rate at which he falls is quickly compensated for by the range of his U-Special (if you are skilled enough -- a good sign of balance), though I suppose that maybe cancelling it into a double jump would do it well as opposed to resorting to having to finish the attack prematurely and suffering further fall time.

Oh, and if I may diverge for a moment? I see that you have also taken it upon yourself to improve default Ganondorf, replacing his Melee U-Smash with his Brawl U-Smash. I'm impressed by your initiative, sir! Though I do have two simple suggestions for you, if I may be so bold; one, to change his D-Air to the D-Air from your own de-cloning mod that you've done previously, and perhaps even converting his D-Smash to the D-Tilt from Ashingda's original mod. That would make me a very happy smasher, to be certain.

I understand that I appear to ask a lot of you, but I simply wish to be helpful and elaborate in my feedback is all. I am very ambitious of this project, and I only desire to help you improve it in any way that I can.

Revisionary Note: It has just occurred to me that I've returned from writing an essay simply to continue to write further essays. How... enlightening.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing this for a bit and it looks like you're doing a great job with it. My only criticism at the moment is that his Side-B move feels awkward to use. Maybe it would be better if you could have it hit earlier or be able to cancel it.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Personally I think that the fact that you either need to be skilled with the timing of its execution or be facing a complete idiot in order to land his N-Special is balance enough. The fact that you can avoid it by quite literally walking straight in front of Ganondorf and simply standing stationary just seems to be a bit odd for me, and I feel as though some vertical reach would compensate for that fact; that way, it could be used to counter and punish an opponent attempting to land an attack from above if timed correctly (as opposed to being used as a horizontal interceptor/horizontal finisher like his default N-Special).

As for the U-Smash, I have a few ideas how it could be improved.
For one, it could be replaced completely by an attack similar to Ike's U-Smash, only with the blade covered in dark energy; if this route is taken, then I'd suggest also adding a darkness effect to his D- and S-Smashes.
On the other hand, you could simply add an automatic secondary slash, similar to Link's U-Smash only performing two slashes as opposed to three. If this approach is taken, then I'd suggest having a sweetspot at the very top which allows the two attacks to be chained together; otherwise, it only attacks once. This approach makes Ganondorf feel more like a powerful parallel to Link, since the current D- and S-Smashes also have a similar feel to Link's.

Your ideas for the S-Special seem spot on, on my end. A quicker charge time would make it feel much more practical, since it could then be more effective to attack closer opponents. And yes, I am aware of it's knockback when fully charged; I just feel that the charge in between feels a bit... off, in terms of knockback. It doesn't feel powerful, and at that range, why would I resort to doing a tiny bit of chip damage when I could simply run up and hit them with a F-Tilt? And if they are far away, why would I use the full charge to attack them slowly when I could simply close in quickly with his D-Special and follow up with either a combo or smash attack? Yes, I think that quickening the charge and increasing a bit of the knockback on the uncharged attack will make it feel much more worthwhile; I'll be able to attack opponents much more effectively when they are between the attack range of a standard attack and the range that his D-Special grants him, and it would feel more useful than simply countering with a Dash Attack. As for the visual upgrades, I think that having some darkness or lightning (possibly both?) trail him as his sword starts to charge would make it look much better, but other than that I think it looks fine.

In my opinion, the only changes to the aerial version of his S-Special would be the ones mentioned above. The rate at which he falls is quickly compensated for by the range of his U-Special (if you are skilled enough -- a good sign of balance), though I suppose that maybe cancelling it into a double jump would do it well as opposed to resorting to having to finish the attack prematurely and suffering further fall time.

Oh, and if I may diverge for a moment? I see that you have also taken it upon yourself to improve default Ganondorf, replacing his Melee U-Smash with his Brawl U-Smash. I'm impressed by your initiative, sir! Though I do have two simple suggestions for you, if I may be so bold; one, to change his D-Air to the D-Air from your own de-cloning mod that you've done previously, and perhaps even converting his D-Smash to the D-Tilt from Ashingda's original mod. That would make me a very happy smasher, to be certain.

I understand that I appear to ask a lot of you, but I simply wish to be helpful and elaborate in my feedback is all. I am very ambitious of this project, and I only desire to help you improve it in any way that I can.

Revisionary Note: It has just occurred to me that I've returned from writing an essay simply to continue to write further essays. How... enlightening.
Lol no man, I want more feedback that's the point of this thread, so keep it coming.
I do plan on changing his normal move set to my other Ganondorf mod when I'm done with the sword move set.

For the up smash, it will be tough for me to animate a second slash. I'm not that great with making animations from scratch. If I can find a nice way to make this work then I will. If you have any other suggestions i can work with on the PSA let me know and I'll certainly work on that immediately.

For the air side B, where I need some suggestions is the attack part. I feel like the H and V momentums during the attack aren't quite right but I'm not sure how to make it better.

Now for charging the side special more quickly, I'm still thinking the first part of the charge will be pretty weak (but like I said the animation will end more quickly so you can follow up with another attack and could can start a combo). then i suppose the next charge can start a bit sooner and can be a bit stronger than it is right now, and work up the knockback growth as it gets closer to a full charge... Do you think the full charge without timing an "A" press is powerful enough? And I'm assuming the timed "A" press full charge is fine?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I've been playing this for a bit and it looks like you're doing a great job with it. My only criticism at the moment is that his Side-B move feels awkward to use. Maybe it would be better if you could have it hit earlier or be able to cancel it.
Can you be more specific?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
/
Using it just feels like you're putting Ganon on autodrive. Yeah, he'll stop if he's about to run off a ledge, but it just doesn't feel like you have much control over him when he's doing that.
Hm.. so a couple things (for all of you to comment on). Do you guys feel he should be able to fall off the edge of the stage when he reaches it? And also how do you feel about the fact that he doesnt bump into the wall the way he would if he ran into it? Should he bump into it and stop the attack or does it feel fine as is?

Now back to the point of him not being very controllable, what suggestions do you have? Should he be able to jump out of the side B run? you want him to be able to change direction? What are you thinking... Making him change direction might not be possible with my knowledge so dont get your hopes up on that idea.
But ya gimi some ideas, what would make him feel less like hes on autodrive?

IHaveAName

Very Cute Robot
/

Hm.. so a couple things (for all of you to comment on). Do you guys feel he should be able to fall off the edge of the stage when he reaches it? And also how do you feel about the fact that he doesnt bump into the wall the way he would if he ran into it? Should he bump into it and stop the attack or does it feel fine as is?

Now back to the point of him not being very controllable, what suggestions do you have? Should he be able to jump out of the side B run? you want him to be able to change direction? What are you thinking... Making him change direction might not be possible with my knowledge so dont get your hopes up on that idea.
But ya gimi some ideas, what would make him feel less like hes on autodrive?
I think that it should be either jump cancellable at any point, or if that makes it too strong, just allow it to be quickly stopped at any point by pressing B. I think that would make it feel more controlled.

Also, as long as I'm reporting on this, I'll say that his Side Special has some weird endlag sometimes. If you use it and slash in the air, but land before the animation completes, you have a huge amount of recovery.

Edit: While I'm here, do you think it's possible to have a version of this mod with the Darknut sword? Just asking out of curiosity.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I think that it should be either jump cancellable at any point, or if that makes it too strong, just allow it to be quickly stopped at any point by pressing B. I think that would make it feel more controlled.

Also, as long as I'm reporting on this, I'll say that his Side Special has some weird endlag sometimes. If you use it and slash in the air, but land before the animation completes, you have a huge amount of recovery.

Edit: While I'm here, do you think it's possible to have a version of this mod with the Darknut sword? Just asking out of curiosity.
oh ya the air landing lag i think ive already sped up. ill check on that to make sure its fixed for the next release. I also wanted to make it so that he doesnt always go into that end animation (like at the very begining of the attack he shouldnt be going into that animation he should just land normally). but i tried doing that n got a game freeze. So im not sure how to make it work properly.

i personally wont be able to give him the darknut sword.. maybe someone else will be able to

maybe what I'll do is make it possible to block and maybe jump interrupt out of his run animation. I would love if i could make him jump but continue the animation so you can use the move in the air that way. But that's currently past my skill level of hacking.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'll be releasing my next update soon. I'm just cleaning up some animations and finishing up editing the power of his side B. Not a lot of major changes have been made right now. Most of the work I've been doing has been to clean animations, balance him, make gfx and sfx better etc. The release after this version will probably have greater changes. I'll be working on adding my other ganondorf mod to this one, and I will also be working on his grab animations and attacks.

P.S I'm still having a minor glitch issue with the hand flinching at the beginning of the wait animation, but it's been improved a fair bit.
id predict a release this weekend.

Diraga

Smash Cadet
I really like this new Sword Mode with the exception of Ganondorf's side-B attack. I feel like it has little utility and it would be interesting to replace it with some sort of magic attack.

Brosach

Smash Cadet
I feel like a magic-based ganon would be interesting but combining the two seems a to takeaway a from the aspect of using a sword(that or make him overpowered), like something I could see is something like a pull similar to mewtwo's side-b, but instead pulls the target to you, and you lose out on the horizontal distance lost for the side-b's recovery(and I just enjoyed it)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I feel like a magic-based ganon would be interesting but combining the two seems a to takeaway a from the aspect of using a sword(that or make him overpowered), like something I could see is something like a pull similar to mewtwo's side-b, but instead pulls the target to you, and you lose out on the horizontal distance lost for the side-b's recovery(and I just enjoyed it)
I agree with the magic taking away from the sword. I totally think based Ganon should be a completely different character. I plan on keeping the SideB as is (with plans of making adjustments to make it more useful). The new version has been buffed a fair bit.

I do plan on making his grab include some kind of pulling dark magic type of thing though.

Top Bottom