• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
In my opinion people should stop hating the clones and just think of the changes that could make them more unique. These changes won't happen soon, but they are as guaranteed as the next Smash game is, and if Luigi has taught us anything, it's that all clones have the potential to be something more.

But I shouldn't be going on and on about clones on a non-clone's thread. lol

What do you think the Ice Climber's 8 pallet swaps would be like?
But Dr. Mario is still Mario in a ****ing Dr. outfit...

Ice Climbers 8 palette swaps would've probably been the same ones from Brawl.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
But Dr. Mario is still Mario in a ****ing Dr. outfit...

"...palette swaps would've probably been..."

NO!!!

"...palette swaps will probably be..."

:)

LittleToys

Smash Cadet
Man i miss the Ice climbers so much i would play them over any character during the brawl days, now i use Pacman a lot but it just isn't as fun.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I guess there's still a possibility but dat SoccerGuy said they tried about everything.
True. But hopefully our votes are coming in and are being noticed by the development team, so hopefully they'll take some time to get them to work...

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
In my opinion people should stop hating the clones and just think of the changes that could make them more unique. These changes won't happen soon, but they are as guaranteed as the next Smash game is, and if Luigi has taught us anything, it's that all clones have the potential to be something more.

But I shouldn't be going on and on about clones on a non-clone's thread. lol

What do you think the Ice Climber's 8 pallet swaps would be like?
@lightdasher gave ideas for them some time ago.

Furret24

Smash Master
Same here, but again, Doc would be the one exception.

Doc compared to Mario:
Slower, more powerful, worse recovery, 2 different moves, pills.

Lucina compared to Marth:
Female FE rep, minor difference in sword balance (but a difference nonetheless), different attitude/personality.

Dark Pit compared to Pit:
Uh, not much actually. A different side special (yes, the properties are a bit different), can't get a very good angle on arrows as opposed to Pit, different attitude/personality.

Now, yes, there are more differences between Doc and Mario than the other two of the main three. However, Doc lacks one thing to actually be interesting. And that would be the one thing shared in common by the other two sets. Doc has ZERO personality. And because of that, I just shrug him off as a slightly modified version of Mario.

When I play as Marth, I feel like I can get up close to the opponent and rack up damage, and that I'm fighting for my people, representing something. However, Lucina is more vocal, so when I play as her, I feel like, it's either the opponent comes to me ("Come at me!") or I bring heck to them (oh ya, and I feel like I need to save something).

When I play as Pit, I feel like I'm fighting against evil, fighting with a good purpose. When I plays as Dark Pit, I feel I'm fighting to prove myself, and I feel more of a need to win.

When I play as Mario, I feel like I'm on a quest, and this is just an opponent that's in my way, that needs to be taken care of. When I play as Doc, I feel absolutely nothing. I don't feel like I'm fighting with a purpose, unlike the other clones.
It's boring.

In fact, I think I'd actually be alright with Lucina and Dark Pit being brought back for Smash 5. We need female FE representation, and Dark Pit may be the most similar of the clones, but his personality is the most different of the character he's cloned from. Though I dunno about either of their chances. I just hope Doc isn't in it.

Geez, that took a while for me to get out. But, I've dwelled on this subject for way too long. Let's not discuss it anymore and agree to disagree.
I'm looking more at gameplay. Lucina is Marth without tippers, Dark Pit is Pit with a different side special and arrow. Dr. Mario on the other hand plays much differently than Mario due to his difference in mobility and power.

But this has nothing to do with the Ice Climbers, so let's get back on topic.

I hope something smash-related is announced soon.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
But Dr. Mario is still Mario in a Dr. outfit...

And yet I still consider him to be a different character.

I didn't know the Ice Climbers had 8 pallet swaps in Brawl.

Ice Climbers have boring costumes, I really think they need those bear costumes from Project M, or something else a little more out there.
I think they are fine. (out of lightdasher's I don't like how two of them look pretty much the same.)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I hope something smash-related is announced soon.

Not his biggest supporter, could care less if he gets in, but ya know, something Smash-related might be announced soon.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Not his biggest supporter, could care less if he gets in, but ya know, something Smash-related might be announced soon.
What a mediocre "leak." It's just a bunch of misdirection and confusion and nothing about it makes any sense. I don't know what to feel from this and the Professor Layton "leak" besides headache.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
What a mediocre "leak." It's just a bunch of misdirection and confusion and nothing about it makes any sense. I don't know what to feel from this and the Professor Layton "leak" besides headache.
It seems seriously lazy. That Amiibo listing is using Artsy Omni's work. I don't believe either of those leaks, but I do feel there is an announcement coming soon.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
OK there was a sudden massive influx of activity on this thread but it died just as quickly as it rushed in. What happened!? xD Thursdays are that bad, huh?

Last edited:

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice

I've played Shovel Knight, and I thought it was a mediocre game. Can't see why it get's so much hype. If Shovel Knight is confirmed I'm going to be very dissapointed.

Troykv

Smash Master
I've played Shovel Knight, and I thought it was a mediocre game. Can't see why it get's so much hype. If Shovel Knight is confirmed I'm going to be very dissapointed.
In the end only appears an Amiibo with any Smash Function.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Not against the idea of indie characters making their way into Smash, but Shovel Knight seems too young. All 3rd party characters so far have all had a legacy lasting at least about 20 years with Solid Snake's Metal Gear Solid being almost 20 and Metal Gear being more than 20.

Also, it would make no sense for Shovel Knight to get a SK amiibo so close to SSB unless Nintendo really likes money. With DLC characters, the only release date we have is for Mewtwo, and the rest presumably in 2016 for Lucas onward.

Last edited:

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
Yeah. I highly doubt Shovel Knight will be the first ballot DLC character. This seems too... convenient... for it to be hinting at anything.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Tournament update:

Only item that will be on is the Smash Ball, but it will be on medium or low for how often it pops up. Also, forgot to mention, but it is 3 stock.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I've been thinking about how the final month of the ballot will pan out for DLC supporters like us in general. We know there are plenty of Ice Climbers supporters out there, as well as many detractors whether they are skeptical on it even being possible or they just can't stand them for whatever reason. This came to mind because of some comments I've been seeing online, and one last YouTube comment section brought me to thinking this. What I'm realizing is is that those who don't want to support a certain character won't vote for them anyway no matter how much you debate with them and no matter how many people you debate with. The ballot is not a popularity contest, it's a suggestion box that can be used as a tool when making the Smash 5 roster. When Nintendo looks to people for certain characters, they're not gonna look to the detractors, they will look to the fans. They want to cater to as many fans as possible and some detractors may have a change of heart when they see it or they need to see it to believe it. We all know the flaws of many arguments towards Ice Climbers and only Sakurai and the team know first hand. I've even seen people say things like, "The Ice Climbers won't be able to be in Smash because of 8-Player Smash. They had technical problems on the Wii U version. They worked fine on the 3DS, though." I'm not kidding, I've actually seen comments like those. I'd rather not waste my energy on those who won't support our cause and put more towards our main goal. We all know Ice Climbers will eventually return to Super Smash Brothers, we just prefer not to wait over half a decade. So let's put our best foot forward in this final month!

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I've been thinking about how the final month of the ballot will pan out for DLC supporters like us in general. We know there are plenty of Ice Climbers supporters out there, as well as many detractors whether they are skeptical on it even being possible or they just can't stand them for whatever reason. This came to mind because of some comments I've been seeing online, and one last YouTube comment section brought me to thinking this. What I'm realizing is is that those who don't want to support a certain character won't vote for them anyway no matter how much you debate with them and no matter how many people you debate with. The ballot is not a popularity contest, it's a suggestion box that can be used as a tool when making the Smash 5 roster. When Nintendo looks to people for certain characters, they're not gonna look to the detractors, they will look to the fans. They want to cater to as many fans as possible and some detractors may have a change of heart when they see it or they need to see it to believe it. We all know the flaws of many arguments towards Ice Climbers and only Sakurai and the team know first hand. I've even seen people say things like, "The Ice Climbers won't be able to be in Smash because of 8-Player Smash. They had technical problems on the Wii U version. They worked fine on the 3DS, though." I'm not kidding, I've actually seen comments like those. I'd rather not waste my energy on those who won't support our cause and put more towards our main goal. We all know Ice Climbers will eventually return to Super Smash Brothers, we just prefer not to wait over half a decade. So let's put our best foot forward in this final month!
I have a feeling you're right about the whole suggestion box thing. If that's the case though, I wish they set it up better. I mean, why not have a multiple answer ballot? One with a bunch of choices from every Ninty (and some third party) franchises imaginable, with a write-in box next to "other" just in case they missed something. I think it's a better way to get a gauge on characters that are, on average, more wanted than others. I mean, look at some popular choices out there; a lot of people want yet another FE character that they haven't even gotten to play as yet, while many others are diametrically opposed to the idea. If they set up a poll where people could vote for more than one character, I doubt the people who are voting for a new FE rep or any other characters that have extremely split communities of support, wouldn't vote for anyone else, so by the end of the poll we'll get to see which choices are more divisive than others, thus eliminating the controversial choices.

I think having multiple choices also allows people to vote for who they really want. With the current system, there's a rumor around that we're limited to one vote per IP address, and many people have voted according to this. So seeing that a a lot of people's personal favorites may have no chance because of this, many vote for characters that they want AND also have a feasible chance, preventing people from voting for who they'd really prefer over all others. If they had multiple choices though, that wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I have a feeling you're right about the whole suggestion box thing. If that's the case though, I wish they set it up better. I mean, why not have a multiple answer ballot? One with a bunch of choices from every Ninty (and some third party) franchise imaginable, with a write-in box next to "other" just in case they missed something. I think it's a better way to get a gauge on characters that are, on average, more wanted than others. I mean, look at some popular choices out there; a lot of people want yet another FE character that they haven't even gotten to play as yet, while many others are diametrically opposed to the idea. If they set up a poll where people could vote for more than one character, I doubt the people who are voting for a new FE rep or any other characters that have extremely split support, wouldn't vote for anyone else, so by the end of the poll we'll get to see which choices are more divisive than others, thus eliminating the controversial choices.
And why have they never made the votes public yet? They did say, "Your vote may be visible to the public" and we don't know who voted for who. I could imagine since so many characters are being voted for that they give shoutouts to groups of characters every so often like, "Characters of the day: Ice Climbers, Wolf, King K. Rool, and Shantae" or something like that. Anything other than leaving us in the dark for 4 months talking amongst ourselves.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I have a feeling you're right about the whole suggestion box thing. If that's the case though, I wish they set it up better. I mean, why not have a multiple answer ballot? One with a bunch of choices from every Ninty (and some third party) franchise imaginable, with a write-in box next to "other" just in case they missed something. I think it's a better way to get a gauge on characters that are, on average, more wanted than others. I mean, look at some popular choices out there; a lot of people want yet another FE character that they haven't even gotten to play as yet, while many others are diametrically opposed to the idea. If they set up a poll where people could vote for more than one character, I doubt the people who are voting for a new FE rep or any other characters that have extremely split support, wouldn't vote for anyone else, so by the end of the poll we'll get to see which choices are more divisive than others, thus eliminating the controversial choices.
Wow, you know, sometimes I REALLY wish this is what Nintendo had done with the Smash Ballot to begin with, but for all we know, Nintendo would probably (or even purposely, knowing them.) forget some franchises, or again, purposely leave them out, which is why I sometimes think that what they went with in the end, (letting US, the voters, simply put in our character's name and franchise in the ballot, to remind them that there are series that they haven't touched in YEARS. As for me, for example, I'm currently the owner of the Pilot Wings for Smash, and I'm trying to make a moveset for the unofficial, main protagonist of Pilot Wings 64, Lark. BTW, give the thread a look-see when you get a chance. The reason I did it is because I LOVE PW 64, and I was shoked that literally NOTHING from that game was added to Smash 4, despite the Wii U-exclusive Pilot Wings stage. I'll see if I can go into more detail later, but I don't want to ramble. Also, here's the link for anyone who wants to see. I don't mean to brag, but I personally think I did a bang-up job with this. http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...-the-smash-ballot.339922/page-6#post-20005954

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
And why have they never made the votes public yet? They did say, "Your vote may be visible to the public" and we don't know who voted for who. I could imagine since so many characters are being voted for that they give shoutouts to groups of characters every so often like, "Characters of the day: Ice Climbers, Wolf, King K. Rool, and Shantae" or something like that. Anything other than leaving us in the dark for 4 months talking amongst ourselves.
It's probably just to build up the surprise factor, but I honestly think it's a good thing so people don't just start jumping on popular bandwagons. We see it already with characters of the moment like Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Banjo and Kazooie, now personally I'm all for it because I think these are all great characters, but I still think people should support the characters they really want, and think keeping people in the dark is the best way to do that with the current system.

Wow, you know, sometimes I REALLY wish this is what Nintendo had done with the Smash Ballot to begin with, but for all we know, Nintendo would probably (or even purposely, knowing them.) forget some franchises, or again, purposely leave them out, which is why I sometimes think that what they went with in the end, (letting US, the voters, simply put in our character's name and franchise in the ballot, to remind them that there are series that they haven't touched in YEARS. As for me, for example, I'm currently the owner of the Pilot Wings for Smash, and I'm trying to make a moveset for the unofficial, main protagonist of Pilot Wings 64, Lark. BTW, give the thread a look-see when you get a chance. The reason I did it is because I LOVE PW 64, and I was shoked that literally NOTHING from that game was added to Smash 4, despite the Wii U-exclusive Pilot Wings stage. I'll see if I can go into more detail later, but I don't want to ramble. Also, here's the link for anyone who wants to see. I don't mean to brag, but I personally think I did a bang-up job with this. http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...-the-smash-ballot.339922/page-6#post-20005954
I think the ballot would be a lot more fun and less political if they did a poll system instead. There are so many really cool characters that won't see any attention, because of the way it's set up and that's a shame. Honestly if Smash 5 does happen, I really hope the do the poll beforehand, to really understand what the fans want.

BTW I think they should just combine all the Lark and Nester votes (like Waddle Dee and Bandanna Dee) and see what happens.

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I have a feeling you're right about the whole suggestion box thing. If that's the case though, I wish they set it up better. I mean, why not have a multiple answer ballot? One with a bunch of choices from every Ninty (and some third party) franchises imaginable, with a write-in box next to "other" just in case they missed something. I think it's a better way to get a gauge on characters that are, on average, more wanted than others. I mean, look at some popular choices out there; a lot of people want yet another FE character that they haven't even gotten to play as yet, while many others are diametrically opposed to the idea. If they set up a poll where people could vote for more than one character, I doubt the people who are voting for a new FE rep or any other characters that have extremely split communities of support, wouldn't vote for anyone else, so by the end of the poll we'll get to see which choices are more divisive than others, thus eliminating the controversial choices.

I think having multiple choices also allows people to vote for who they really want. With the current system, there's a rumor around that we're limited to one vote per IP address, and many people have voted according to this. So seeing that a a lot of people's personal favorites may have no chance because of this, many vote for characters that they want AND also have a feasible chance, preventing people from voting for who they'd really prefer over all others. If they had multiple choices though, that wouldn't be an issue.
Wouldn't that be the opposite of a suggestion box, what you describe in a poll where people vote and there are clear winners

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Wouldn't that be the opposite of a suggestion box, what you describe in a poll where people vote and there are clear winners
I'm saying that I don't like the suggestion box, and would much prefer the poll.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
...I don't get it. How would more obscure characters get more attention that way, if it was based more on popularity than overall merit?
If you're given the option for voting for as many characters as you want, more people will throw in the more obscure characters (like Sukapon, Goku, Lip, Saki, etc) in their votes. Out of everyone, it's guaranteed that at least one or two characters that a lot of people like but will never get attention in the current system, get a ton of votes, and thus Sakurai's attention. Think about it, how many people wouldn't ask for Starfy if there was no restriction for doing so? Characters like that could really benefit from a poll.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's probably just to build up the surprise factor, but I honestly think it's a good thing so people don't just start jumping on popular bandwagons. We see it already with characters of the moment like Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Banjo and Kazooie, now personally I'm all for it because I think these are all great characters, but I still think people should support the characters they really want, and think keeping people in the dark is the best way to do that with the current system.

I think the ballot would be a lot more fun and less political if they did a poll system instead. There are so many really cool characters that won't see any attention, because of the way it's set up and that's a shame. Honestly if Smash 5 does happen, I really hope the do the poll beforehand, to really understand what the fans want.

BTW I think they should just combine all the Lark and Nester votes (like Waddle Dee and Bandanna Dee) and see what happens.
Oh, boy...I actually told EVERYONE on the PW for Smash thread that whatever they do, do NOT vote for Nester, as he debuted in Nintendo Power, a MAGAZINE, and the dev team of Smash 4 might hold that against Lark, so I figured we shouldn't take any chances. (Remember, the character HAS to have debuted in a video game.) This is my personal opinion, but I honestly think Nintendo THEMSELVES don't even REMEMBER the fact that Lark AND Nester are the EXACT same person. So MAYBE it would be in Lark's favor that they don't remember that. (For now.:smirk:) Honestly, I REALLY wish I could ask Nintendo themselves about their stance on the cast of PW 64, and if they even own the rights to them anymore, considering there was literally NO reference to PW 64 in Smash 4, and it was the MIDDLE/SECOND game to the Pilot Wings TRILOGY. BTW, did you see the moveset I made up for Lark?

Last edited:

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
If you're given the option for voting for as many characters as you want, more people will throw in the more obscure characters (like Sukapon, Goku, Lip, Saki, etc) in their votes. Out of everyone, it's guaranteed that at least one or two characters that a lot of people like but will never get attention in the current system, get a ton of votes, and thus Sakurai's attention. Think about it, how many people wouldn't ask for Starfy if there was no restriction for doing so? Characters like that could really benefit from a poll.
Oh you were just using the word weirdly, okay. "Poll" over "ballot" doesn't mean you can vote for multiple characters. But it seems like what you want to say is that all choices should openly be listed, AND every person should be able to vote for multiple characters. I guess the characters could be listed in random order so as to not make the most popular be the first ones seen all the time. That might give them even more of an edge as they're always seen first.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Oh, boy...I actually told EVERYONE on the PW for Smash thread that whatever they do, do NOT vote for Nester, as he debuted in Nintendo Power, a MAGAZINE, and the dev team of Smash 4 might hold that against him, so I figured we shouldn't take any chances.
Probably the smart thing to do. I'd definitely want Lark over Nester as an idea, but I would hope if Sakurai knew they were the same character he'd just combine the votes, and use the Lark concept if it ended up having enough, since he's actually a game character.

BTW, did you see the moveset I made up for Lark?
Admittedly, no. I'll check it out soon though.

Oh you were just using the word weirdly, okay. "Poll" over "ballot" doesn't mean you can vote for multiple characters. But it seems like what you want to say is that all choices should openly be listed, AND every person should be able to vote for multiple characters. I guess the characters could be listed in random order so as to not make the most popular be the first ones seen all the time. That might give them even more of an edge as they're always seen first.
Yeah sorry should've clarified a bit more. If I was to make the poll, it would be separated by franchise, and come with small pictures or something, to help give people a better idea of who they are voting for.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Yeah sorry should've clarified a bit more. If I was to make the poll, it would be separated by franchise, and come with small pictures or something, to help give people a better idea of who they are voting for.
Alright, now that could be rad. Wow that'd be really rad.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Probably the smart thing to do. I'd definitely want Lark over Nester as an idea, but I would hope if Sakurai knew they were the same character he'd just combine the votes, and use the Lark concept if it ended up having enough, since he's actually a game character.

Admittedly, no. I'll check it out soon though.

Hey, I updated the post I sent to you a little while ago, you might want to read it to get a better idea of what I was trying to say about Lark and Nester. Don't get me wrong by the way, I LOVE Nester's comics, I just feel that if Sakurai looks at that, he may dismiss Lark as a playable character. Also, you don't know how bad I just want to know if Lark (or ANYONE form the PW series were even considered for Smash 4, considering the PW stage in the game. Technically, on the Wii U version, EVERY charcter has a home stage, and I am counting Miiverse and Wuhu Island, as the home-stages for the Miis, and at the same time, Wrecking Crew as a Mario stage. Pilot Wings technically has established characters that are NOT the Miis, so I wonder if Sakurai even took the cast of PW 64 into consideration, or he couldn't think of a moveset for anyone from the series. If he can't think of a moveset, I could probably help him there!:awesome: JK, I'm not that stuck-up....:por am I.....?:demon:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey, I updated the post I sent to you a little while ago, you might want to read it to get a better idea of what I was trying to say about Lark and Nester. Don't get me wrong by the way, I LOVE Nester's comics, I just feel that if Sakurai looks at that, he may dismiss Lark as a playable character. Also, you don't know how bad I just want to know if Lark (or ANYONE form the PW series were even considered for Smash 4, considering the PW stage in the game. Technically, on the Wii U version, EVERY charcter has a home stage, and I am counting Miiverse and Wuhu Island, as the home-stages for the Miis, and at the same time, Wrecking Crew as a Mario stage. Pilot Wings technically has established characters that are NOT the Miis, so I wonder if Sakurai even took the cast of PW 64 into consideration, or he couldn't think of a moveset for anyone from the series. If he can't think of a moveset, I could probably help him there!:awesome: JK, I'm not that stuck-up....:por am I.....?:demon:
Uh, R.O.B. still doesn't have a proper home stage (would it kill Nintendo to give us a Gyromite stage?!?!?! CMON!!!).

Also, if we're talking about newcomers for Smash 4 DLC, I'd enjoy Inkling, though with the costume already being in, I've turned to an even less unlikely candidate (since I don't much care for the really popular ones). Ever since I finished EarthBound (one of the best RPGs ever...), I've always entertained myself with the idea that somehow, someway, they could get either Ninten (even though he's from a different game in the franchise) or Paula in the game without making him/her a semi-clone of Ness and/or Lucas. My preferred of the two would be Paula, with Ninten as an alt. skin for Ness, but back to the matter at hand...

It's the last month of the Ballot, and we, as ICies supporters, MUST BREAK THROUGH THE ICE!!!

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Lol I'm really choosey of my movesets too. It annoys me when he lazily makes bad ones for good characters.

I don't think you or any other supporters have anything to worry about with the Lark/Nester thing and Nester not originating in videogames and all that. Sakurai has broken so many perceived "rules" that I don't think they even exist any more. I'd say that as long as they're video game characters first and foremost they're fine, and exceptions are probably made for Nintendo properties.

I also couldn't find the moveset, could you link me to it?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Lol I'm really choosey of my movesets too. It annoys me when he lazily makes bad ones for good characters.

I don't think you or any other supporters have anything to worry about with the Lark/Nester thing and Nester not originating in videogames and all that. Sakurai has broken so many perceived "rules" that I don't think they even exist any more. I'd say that as long as they're video game characters first and foremost they're fine, and exceptions are probably made for Nintendo properties.

I also couldn't find the moveset, could you link me to it?
Well, I guess you're right. Still though, I really want to know just what was the deal with NO PW 64 representation in Smash 4. It just seems so off, considering PW 64 is considered by fans (myself included) as having the most "personality" of the PW series. Oh, and before I forget...

http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...-the-smash-ballot.339922/page-6#post-20005954

Tell me what you think, okay? BTW, start reading about 2 posts upwards. That should be the beginning of my moveset. Just look for the post that talks about Lark's stats, and that should be the beginning of the moveset.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well, I guess you're right. Still though, I really want to know just what was the deal with NO PW 64 representation in Smash 4. It just seems so off, considering PW 64 is considered by fans (myself included) as having the most "personality" of the PW series. Oh, and before I forget...

http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...-the-smash-ballot.339922/page-6#post-20005954

Tell me what you think, okay? BTW, start reading about 2 posts upwards. That should be the beginning of my moveset. Just look for the post that talks about Lark's stats, and that should be the beginning of the moveset.
Thought it was solid. Not really big on the best aerial character in the game part, but then again I'm a Puff main. :p

Honestly though, I'm not the best to ask on anything Pilotwing related. I've never played Pilotwings before, and just learned about the birdman suit today.

Top Bottom