• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's been out for over a year now...

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Not true. The bad characters in melee are climbing up in brawl: Kirby, Yoshi... Some of the good characters have been nerfed: Samus, Falcon...
Missunderstanding lol. I said the worst characters in Brawl are worse than the worst characters in Melee, but Melee has more poor characters.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I dunno -- it kind of lost it's allure. I guess it was my fault for trying to take the game too seriously. I think I like it better when I play it casually really.
Melee kind of took my heart in competitive play when I realized how fun it was. Brawl will still have an appeal to me for a very long time though. I just wonder if I can stick with Melee for longer than Brawl. Probably.

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
Melee was a great game, I played it for years. Brawl has a lot more to offer for me. It's got the hacking thing to it and I love adding new things to games.

Melee actually pissed me off. I would play and play and play against all my friends, but it was always the same. With Brawl we can change things up to make it more fun. All Jiggs matches + Explosives is really awesome.

Brawl just feels... better. To me, who doesn't play seriously.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
Brawl is still my favorite game and I still play it on almost every day. On the first few days of playing Brawl I played for about 10 hours every day, now those hours have decreased to about 3 hours a day. I got less interested, but I still enjoy the game.

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
I have always enjoyed the "smash" series and brawl is no exception. my interest has faded a bit mostly due to the tournament scene not being as intense (imo) as it was in melee, and also because of the sobering speed-drop from melee to brawl. it's still a fun game to play, just not as fun as melee was :ohwell:

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is no longer my favorite game, no. However it did become the inspiration for (Or maybe I should say the motivator for?) the game that took its place: Brawl+. Brawl was fun while it lasted but that's just it, it didn't last. I supported it for as long as I could but then I just couldn't anymore, haha. But it's alright, it just wasn't my thing y'know? Besides, I have + for that now and I'm even starting to get back into Melee. There was even 64 involved earlier this year too...

God**** you Smash. You're too good.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
yeah its one of my favorite and most played games, shoot smash has become my religion basically. on the controller, the wii, and the holy series.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I don't know. I really love Brawl+, but something about Melee still intrigues me. My favorite game though has been, and always will be Pokemon Gold.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Children like Brawl

Manly men like Melee, SSB64, and Brawl+

Can't deny these facts.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Brawl never was my favorite game, and still isn't. It's still really fun, though, at least when I play FFAs. Competitively, I've gotten pretty bored of it for now.

Tylerfxm

Smash Rookie
NNID
twixfxm
3DS FC
0447-6758-8304
i'm honestly not so sure anymore. I still play it regularly. I can't go more than 2 days without playing. But i am losing my addiction for it. Of course when i don't feel much like playing brawl. I play melee instead. I swear if melee had online that would be my favorite game forever. But i'm torn between the two. Reguardless. Smash Bros games in general are the best and will always be a favorite.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
it's been out for a year and i think brawl might shatter soon and i don't mean the disc.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
ok didnt mean to spark a melee vs brawl debate. brawl is my favorite game ever. I love the fact that sonic and olimar are included, i know everybody thinks sonic sucks but i have won a couple tourneys with him.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I still play it regularly. I can't go more than 2 days without playing. But i am losing my addiction for it. .
You can't go more than 2 days without playing Brawl, but you are losing your addiction for it?
What were you like before you started losing your addiction o_o?

Brawl, or any of the Smash games have never been my favourite games, they are just the best multiplayer games on a Nintendo console in my opinion. My favourite game is Crash Bandicoot 2.

Grandiazero

Smash Rookie
I thought melee was better than brawl because low tiers had better chances against high tiers. in brawl they have almost no chance against high tiers.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Meh, itz hangin' in there. I mean XBL is starting to get under my skin more than Brawl. But seeing as I do play Brawl competitively, I keep my hold on Brawl as strong as possible.

Icy-Flood

Smash Cadet
It was never my favorite game but it was always one of my favorites...I like Ratchet then Capcom games then probably Smash as my third but man I remember as a freshman 2 years ago I was waiting soooooooooooooooooo long for this game to come out

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I guess alot of ppl play Melee strictly for money IF mid and low tiers are used less.

Melee has more metagame balance, Brawl has more character use balance. I still love Brawl, but there are a few PS3 games I like more.
$80 here that says that one of them is ratchet & clank.

I like brawl for its funny friendlies...

Melee is just action packed as ****

'V'

Smash Lord
When it comes to my favorite games, the Smash Bros. series comes in dead last for me.

It's still a little fun to watch and play with friends to pass time, though.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I still love brawl though I don't play it as much as I would like to though coming here today now has got me jonesing to play it so I'll have to bust it out tonight after work.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I don't like to judge a game by how recent it is, except for my opinion that games are getting better rather than worse as the years pass. Brawl is still my favorite game. I'm just waiting anxiously for Other M, the Other Wii Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy part 2, and Golden Sun DS.

lkyx3

Smash Rookie
When i first got he game i thought it would fade because my melee main was captain flacon and they made him horrendous in this game. But eventually i found pit and all has been restored.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Melee still hasnt faded for me even after what? 7 years? I doubt that brawl's allure has faded on me yet.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Brawl v Melee people:

Seriously? Go play your game of choice instead of typing garbled up sentences at each other, you're all morons.

@OP: Still loving it. Then again, Smash is just a wonderful genre, isn't it?!

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
oh yeah, i love brawl to death still...

isnt it crazy how we all still learn new things about brawl everytime we pick up the controller.
thats what i love about this game. so much technique so much strategy. its endless...

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Brawl v Melee people:

Seriously? Go play your game of choice instead of typing garbled up sentences at each other, you're all morons.
That was over two weeks ago and the issue has been resolved.
Kind of late buddy...

Well I play Melee more than Brawl, but Brawl is still going strong IMO.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
Not my actual favorite since I'm also playing RPGs, Kirby, (attempting) Super Mario World Kaizo, going back to unfinished games, and hyping up for Tekken 6. I still like Brawl, though.

FeArTeHsMaSh

Smash Cadet
I'm glad you all like this game still.

I, however, quit the game four months after, mostly due to boredom.

I specifically bought a new t.v. and a new Wii just for Brawl too. That console is now in use by my little brother.

Brawl just doesn't have the same fast paced, exciting meta-game that Melee has.

For me, this was just another instance of something new not always meaning something better.

Agile_

Smash Rookie
Brawl is an amazing competitive game.... Its more of a thinking and running away game as melee was an in your face technical game but I play both.

Top Bottom