• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's been out for over a year now...

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
I'm not denying that the game is unbalanced. Also, thinking of AT's as cheap is usually scrub mentality. I used to think chaingrabs were cheap, but I later learned that in order to avoid them I just had to change my play style. They may seem unfair and annoying, but that's what competative play is all about, winning.

EDIT: Melee is more balanced. Gotta start paying more attention to what I say =P
This^

It's funny that scrubs call everything cheap. If the scrubs could modify Brawl, then it would be a game without mindgames or techskill so that you can't get a cheap win just because you have more skill. XD

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Brawl seems to have the most appeal out of all the Wii games I own, so it's the one that I tend to gravitate to the most. While it can get tiring to play several matches in a row, indulging in all the fan service is worth it.

While I like the other Smash games too (64, especially), it's my favorite at the moment.

If I do get tired, I can also play some other great games (e.g. No More Heroes, MadWorld, Wario Land: Shake it!).

TreK

Is "that guy"
I enjoy every single aspect of Brawl.
I play it with friends and have fun
I play it online and have another kind of fun
I play it offline and have another kind of fun
I can fight mario with ichigo and have another kind of fun
I can even create characters now and have yet another kind of fun

<3 smash
<3 smash community

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Brawl's appeal has almost completely faded for me. bBrawl and Brawl+ are the only things worth a second glance (bBrawl isn't my thing but I have one friend who prefers it to Brawl+). I got tired of the quality of my character being defined by another character's ability to grab repeatedly. I got tired of the lack of hitstun and the slower gameplay. I got tired of the fact that the community allows locks and infinites because they... well, I don't know why honestly. Maybe they allow it to make up for the lack of tech skill? :| I got tired of Brawl.

Top Bottom