• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've been dying to see an upgraded Grunty. All we need is Mumbo now.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
I've decided to try out something, but it's probably going to die like the rest of the projects I've started. I'm terrible at keeping commitments.

No one has tried make a full blown animation sequence using Brawlbox. And not a five-second attack, though kudos to those who make good animations. No, I mean something that may last an entire minute, or two, or three, depending on how focused I stay this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QOEI9i_BTk

Seriously, anybody could do this. It took practically half an hour (for me, at least) to find the animations, link them up, and smooth the transitions. It took me more time to discover CamStudio to record it. But here's a list anyays describing what's supposed to happen:

Mario punches (fAir + fAir Landing)
Mario does a forward spinning kick (fTilt going in reverse)
Mario jumps forward and does a forward flip kick (uAir in reverse)
Mario's block is pushed up by imaginary Sonic fist (Grab release)
Mario trips after being kicked by imaginary Sonic foot (...Trip)
Mario rolls backward to avoid an imaginary Sonic stomp. (Backwards roll, trip style)

But would something like this be worth the effort of making? Or leave it to a professional? (AKA any other animator out there)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
No one has tried make a full blown animation sequence using Brawlbox. And not a five-second attack, though kudos to those who make good animations. No, I mean something that may last an entire minute, or two, or three, depending on how focused I stay this time.

Seriously, anybody could do this. It took practically half an hour (for me, at least) to find the animations, link them up, and smooth the transitions. It took me more time to discover CamStudio to record it.

But would something like this be worth the effort of making? Or leave it to a professional? (AKA any other animator out there)
People have tried it. There just haven't been any known successes.

And linking existing animations together isn't difficult, it's just time-consuming. I could probably put that together tomorrow; it would be a nice break from the Boss Pack, since I've been animating/texturing/planning stuff for that for almost a week straight.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
So...do it? (Never knew other people tried, though. Makes me feel less special. :))

On a different note...Is that supposed to be Harribel, compact?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I've decided to try out something, but it's probably going to die like the rest of the projects I've started. I'm terrible at keeping commitments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QOEI9i_BTk

Seriously, anybody could do this. It took practically half an hour (for me, at least) to find the animations, link them up, and smooth the transitions. It took me more time to discover CamStudio to record it. But here's a list anyays describing what's supposed to happen:

Mario punches (fAir + fAir Landing)
Mario does a forward spinning kick (fTilt going in reverse)
Mario jumps forward and does a forward flip kick (uAir in reverse)
Mario's block is pushed up by imaginary Sonic fist (Grab release)
Mario trips after being kicked by imaginary Sonic foot (...Trip)
Mario rolls backward to avoid an imaginary Sonic stomp. (Backwards roll, trip style)

(Wow... what is with me this past week? Things that I've been thinking of lately I find on this forum literally within a day)

"(4:07 PM) Sebastian: I have the sudden urge to animate a fight scene.."
That was me on MSN 5 minutes ago.... :p

I already have rigged Blazekin and was thinking to do something with him and another pokemon, but at the same time I really like the idea of Mario fighting another character too..

I'm using Maya (If you want to see my show reel, click here), but I'd really love to hear your ideas if you guys have any...?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ew, Gallade. Have fun with that.

Hoping Halibel will turn out nicely and accurate though.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I need someone to export Hair, boobs and scarf for me.

EDIT: I was able to export the hair :af:

EDIT2: And the boobs :af: :af:

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Revisiting the deal with patching ness' straps, when I have to deal with stuff that requires more than just 1 patch (because this method is perfect :rolleyes:), I like to cut out the middle man.

basically, when I use the morpher modifier and add the channels for the modified model and the mesh, multiplying them to 100 will show the final product after you export your verts. multiplying only the vertex group gives you basically something like the original vertex mod method with ddbv1 but with faces. from this, you can use this as a starting point for modding, but I do something else.

When exporting grunty's broom (as a test), It took more than 2 patches, so I scrapped that and tried something else. I made a 2 copies of the hammer, one modded and the other original with the vertex group as one channel set to 100% . I lined both hammers to the exact coordinate location in 3ds. I then took the modded hammer (with edit mesh) and physically moved the elements of the model in edit mesh to line up appropriately to the vertex group hammer.

pretty unfinished model and texture but it works great

I did a similar thing with guile's hair. I used morpher with its vertex group, but it had a few rogue verticies jutting off. all I had to do was line the vertices up again after the morph.

EDIT:
:bee:

n64billy

Smash Ace
I made a 2 copies of the hammer, one modded and the other original with the vertex group as one channel set to 100% . I lined both hammers to the exact coordinate location in 3ds. I then took the modded hammer (with edit mesh) and physically moved the elements of the model in edit mesh to line up appropriately to the vertex group hammer.
That's what I did when I used to export Starwaffles stuff. It's easy once you get the hang of it, and works pretty well..

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lanky is the ****. i remember him from Dk64. handstand all day, son. wish i had finished that game... those token things where too hard, though. **** playing classic DK.

man, i',m wasted right now lol

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
lanky is the ****. i remember him from Dk64. handstand all day, son. wish i had finished that game... those token things where too hard, though. **** playing classic DK.

man, i',m wasted right now lol
That was easy, it was the space one that I found incredibly annoying to beat, I beat that game myself just 2 years ago

Photos

Smash Journeyman
i'm vertexing lucario, and i'm wondering, has anyone figured out a way to do more than one of his faces at a time? because he has two sets of faces, two full faces and two faces in pieces(just muzzle and ears pieces and eye mask pieces).

Roo525

Smash Ace
i'm vertexing lucario, and i'm wondering, has anyone figured out a way to do more than one of his faces at a time? because he has two sets of faces, two full faces and two faces in pieces(just muzzle and ears pieces and eye mask pieces).
You can select more that one object and press the verticies button. Then select the verticies of both objects you want to edit, and they will both move, If all that made sence.

EDIT: ^What he said. NINJA'D!!

Top Bottom