• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Photos

Smash Journeyman
You could try selecting both in 3DSMax and editing them at the same time.
well, i did that, but then i realised (as i use mariokart's method) that i couldn't use the morpher on multiple polygons, and i can't load multiple vertices as one set of vertices.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well you cant apply the edit to face parts via morpher if they don't contain the exact same vertices as the other model, so what they meant was you can edit the parts alltogether as a good starting point. you'd have to just get close if you want to make other parts of its head match up to any part you already edited.

or the mesh morpher thing maybe, imma give that a look about now in fact.

EDIT: Tried it out, worked just how I imagined it would work, simply select the unmodded mesh group, run the script, then hit the modded mesh group, and it'll get an ok result. only major problem is it liked to take verticies from elements of a mesh group that I wanted to remain unmodded.

http://www.hyperent.com/Hyp-Maxscripts.php dl the first link (installer) install to your 3ds root and go

DOUBLE EDIT:
coming along

Photos

Smash Journeyman
well you cant apply the edit to face parts via morpher if they don't contain the exact same vertices as the other model, so what they meant was you can edit the parts alltogether as a good starting point. you'd have to just get close if you want to make other parts of its head match up to any part you already edited.

or the mesh morpher thing maybe, imma give that a look about now in fact.

EDIT: Tried it out, worked just how I imagined it would work, simply select the unmodded mesh group, run the script, then hit the modded mesh group, and it'll get an ok result. only major problem is it liked to take verticies from elements of a mesh group that I wanted to remain unmodded.

http://www.hyperent.com/Hyp-Maxscripts.php dl the first link (installer) install to your 3ds root and go
alright, trying it out.

EDIT: erm, which script do i run? because the installer gave me tons of scripts.

EDIT2: oh dear, i don't think it likes me. *holds up incredibly skewed lucario face*
lol, but thanks! this'll be really useful for other stuffs. i'm pretty new to this, just got the program n'stuff setup about four days ago. i guess i'll just have to use the time weathered way of doing it one by one.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I just installed them all, but you only need the wrap scripts. once you install them, you run Conform_Wrap.ms, idk if you need the other scripts in the wrap folder too. From the tutorials on the site, theres other specific ways to conform stuff, like on only one direction, which is probably what some of those other scripts do.

so it'll take any object and conform it to another object, by the closest faces. if your object has multiple elements, expect them to maybe be disfigured, but usually only by isolated verticies you can move back. I've tried even making the object im conforming to exactly the same except for what I needed modded (by boolean union unedited models to my edit) in an attempt to keep everything the same except for what I needed conformed, its better but it still isnt perfect, and nearby verticies sometimes don't go to the closest place, namely nowhere.

anyways, its a simple way to get a good starting point for editing, and definetely good if you need to apply a mod to other pieces after the fact.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Well, I was going to have an alpha for Razanak ready today, but I don't really have access to my Wii at the moment. So for the time being, here's some random pictures.

A lot of his animations are taken from Tabuu, some with very slight changes, and some with major ones. Similarly, almost none of the animations are used in the same context. His moves are very erratic and hard to dodge, which add to his final-bossness.

Palin isn't the only one that can make up words.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Speaking of characters that usually have shields, I made a new version of my Toon Link Roll, this time of her MM8 outfit.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=14755
(The shield, buckle and scabbard are invisible ingame, by the way.)

The hair's glitched up slightly more, but it's not that bad.

I'll take some screenshots of it when the TV's free (unless someone wants to do it for me, but i'm happy either way)

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
The animation that has raznak pointing reminds me of pheonix wright objectioning someone :p
I also like the free floating animtion with his hands spread out reminds me of somthing gannon would do.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I based all of her textures off the TvC ones. I made my own higher-res versions of the eyes, and the mouths are taken straight from TvC and edited slightly.

However, it's nice to have some Powered-Up textures for future reference, and look who ripped them :O

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I did a quick Photoshop job on the textures and put them over Roll.

Nope. That looks ridiculous. I think I'll stick with the ones I made.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Well, I was going to have an alpha for Razanak ready today, but I don't really have access to my Wii at the moment. So for the time being, here's some random pictures. A lot of his animations are taken from Tabuu, some with very slight changes, and some with major ones. Similarly, almost none of the animations are used in the same context. His moves are very erratic and hard to dodge, which add to his final-bossness. Palin isn't the only one that can make up words.
Is that an Omniwrench in his hand? Also, lol at Palin joke.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
This is very incompletely and hardly presentable but I'm sick of hiding it for that reason because it's taken me ages to even get this far.

I'm having so much trouble making this look good (not to mention exporting it) so it's looking very messy and crap. and I'm so close to just giving up and doing something closer to my actual skill level.

Obviously it's the one on the left, with her SF4 model on the right for comparison.
http://illbegin.sepwich.com/pictures/fraps_screenshots/BrawlBox 2010-12-20 20-28-41-06 copy.png

Body texture isn't mine btw.

Anyway, I still gotta finish her eyes, pigtail (i can only do one. I tried doing both of them and it looked bad) properly export and texture everything (including making my own body texture), and if I'm not exhausted by the end of this i might make some edits to her body too (unfortunately her arms are so low-poly that I can't make her gloves)

Piks

Smash Journeyman
@http://illbegin.sepwich.com/pictures/fraps_screenshots/BrawlBox%202010-12-20%2013-30-31-87.png
Well, I think it looks alright.

@Cammie

This looks alright, too. The face is inaccurate, but I think I like yours better. Maybe move the mouth down?
Possibly edit the beret more.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Thanks Piks ^^ The mouth only looks a little high because i haven't textured it properly, though. I've attempted to make the hat but it wasn't working out so I started again, which is why it's so half-***** there.

Gamewatching... Handyman's Handle? :D

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Wowww, nice banana! Are these things you are making going to be used for anything or are these just things to pass the time?

EDIT: I see you posted the Ocarina, banana, and plunger in the stage hacking mdl0 library. Good job! :D

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
too bad microsoft is a bunch of pirates. oh and were technically forced to use their windows products to do the very things we want example. Brawl mods/video games/90% of the software made man. it's flipping monopoly i tell you MONOPOLY!!

do not pass GO, do not collect $100

Top Bottom