• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
@Tommo Puppy

Very nice Roll so far. Front hair needs vertexing though, and Sword needs to be Vertexed into a Broom

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
@Tommo Puppy

Very nice Roll so far. Front hair needs vertexing though, and Sword needs to be Vertexed into a Broom
Thanks! Yeah, I'm gonna do the hair once I work out how i'm gonna do it (it looks hard to edit). I was also thinking of releasing one with a broom and one without, so I'm happy to hear that someone else has the same idea.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Thanks! Yeah, I'm gonna do the hair once I work out how i'm gonna do it (it looks hard to edit). I was also thinking of releasing one with a broom and one without, so I'm happy to hear that someone else has the same idea.
The same idea? Hehehe, no. The Megaman Series is my 1 obssesion. if ANYTHING from Megaman is going to be in Brawl, it needs to be perfect.(Or close to it!;))

But i really like the idea. Seems easier than importing the TvC model onto a character.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
The same idea? Hehehe, no. The Megaman Series is my 1 obssesion. if ANYTHING from Megaman is going to be in Brawl, it needs to be perfect.(Or close to it!;))
No pressure! D: But while we're on the subject, it'd be a little easier for me if I could import Roll's model into 3DS Max. I can't convert it to DAE using AIS for some reason, so any insights?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
No pressure! D: But while we're on the subject, it'd be a little easier for me if I could import Roll's model into 3DS Max. I can't convert it to DAE using AIS for some reason, so any insights?
I'm not shure how to fix that..... All i can do is ask for info on version of 3DS max and and AIS.
Ask MarioKart64n what to do. Also i liek ur Megaman X Helmet. And plz tell u have a PS3

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'm not shure how to fix that..... All i can do is ask for info on version of 3DS max and and AIS.
Ask MarioKart64n what to do. Also i liek ur Megaman X Helmet. And plz tell u have a PS3
I'm using 3DS Max 9, not that it matters since it's an issue on AIS's side. I'm not sure what version of AIS though (can't check because I'm at uni). MK64n hasn't been around lately so it's not like I can ask him, really.

Thanks for your comment on my X helmet. I don't have a PS3, though. I sometimes have access to one, but it's not mine. I only have a Wii and PC.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
No, I'm not using MarioKart's method. I use DasDonkey Box 2.1, which doesn't seem to retain texture mapping. (if it's supposed to, please tell me how)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
look in the mdl0 thread, the files can be identified to different characters and whatnot, renamed to .brres, opened in brawlbox, and the mdl0 tools work with them

n64billy

Smash Ace
look in the mdl0 thread, the files can be identified to different characters and whatnot, renamed to .brres, opened in brawlbox, and the mdl0 tools work with them
=O =D!!!!!
*Runs off to check*

EDIT: Thanks for pointing that out! :) I really should learn to look in more places...

Low-Poly model is Low-Poly

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
there's a difference for characters apparently, between their gameplay models and their cutscene models.

their cutscene models have much higher resolution than their gameplay counterparts.
basically this: http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo10/meleemaster500/f_antho_face.png
vs this: http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo10/meleemaster500/adam_face.png

from what I looked like, Samus(0/1) and Adam's(13) known files are just gameplay files and the known Anthony file (5) is his cutscene file.

he's so manly, this is his default T-Pose

I don't know where the cutscene files for any other character is or where Anthony's gameplay file is.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
That's actually really strange MeleeMaster. I always assumed cutscenes were pre-rendered too, they seem so much better quality than other wii games.

Are you going to revamp him again afterwards?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Many of the cutscenes are pre-rendered, but there are some in-game cutscenes, like meeting the GF squad, or investigating something. Many times when Samus' face is seen behind her visor is an in-game cutscene.

you can tell the difference because pre-rendered cutscenes have near perfect spheres (many polys) and normally have extra visual effects.

I realized that there must be separate textures for each character as the gameplay textures for some were far too low quality for the in-game cutscenes.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
Piks that is an amazing vertex hack if i didn't know better i would think it was actually made by nintendo too bad he's not over pokemon trainer XD than my dream of deku link, goron link, and zora link as the down b button would be complete and fierce diety link would be his final smash than one of my favorite characters would be in it again with a new moveset instead of being called young link he would be called mask link.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Does anybody know how to mix together different vertex of the same character?

I mean, parts from one + parts from another...

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, MeleeMaster, it'd be excellent if you could upload a few Other M files. I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't mind having them.

I'm loving that stage, by the way. :p

:urg:

what is that thing ?

Piks D:
no errors plz,
it's too perfect to have problems !
That's the tip of his Sheath, just as humble said. I was worried for a second when you pointed something out, but I confirmed that it's not an issue.

Here it is unchecked...

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom