• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Anyway, Matteron helped me by hexing some polygons out of my MM8 Roll, including the crown, but I've run into a snag. While it looks great in-game, using the forward-A makes the game slow down during the attack. I've heard of this issue before in the pre-hexed model thread on KC-MM but I forgot why it's caused and how to fix it. Halp?
Reposting since nobody's said anything, and I know for a fact that there's a solution.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Couldn't you make the crown invisible by editing the materials? It's always safer to do that instead of deleting polygons whenever possible.

n64billy

Smash Ace
It took me two five extra hours, but I've FINALLY revamped the Kirby-Knights sword into an almost perfect Star Rod....! It's SO MUCH BETTER than the original one I did!!!

ToDo: Vertex shoes and arms, fix eye texture, Hide wings and Cape... ???... Profit!

I would hide the cape and wings, but all that isn't hidden is the body, shoes, and sword... technically, in the materials of the model, the cape and wings are hidden... but they still show up... any way around this without having to delete the polygons? I want this to be as glitch free as possible....

^Check out how cool the shadow looks :3

[collapse=Version1 InGame Screenshot]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Version2 BrawlBox Screenshot]
[/collapse]

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Corruption and Canceling

Hey guys I just wanted to tell you I can no longer work on toad. I just now got riivolution and thought you had to add "_en" to the characters 2 so I tried it on toad. now my fitmotion.pac and 2 zip files wont leave even if I try to delete them thus corrupting the yoshi folder. Im going to have to delete the whole thing and maybe possibly add it again. But I dont think there is a chance of getting it to work on mine again. :(:(:( if anyone knows how to fiix this please tell me soon

Ive tried everything.. Sorry guys there is no hope.... Thx for supporting me untill then. If anyone wants to take over then PM for the files.. Ill probably start on something new then....

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
She is amazing, and when you play as her for a while how she looks grows on you.
Awwwwww, Thanks :3

Hey guys I just wanted to tell you I can no longer work on toad. I just now got riivolution and thought you had to add "_en" to the characters 2 so I tried it on toad. now my fitmotion.pac and 2 zip files wont leave even if I try to delete them thus corrupting the yoshi folder. Im going to have to delete the whole thing and maybe possibly add it again. But I dont think there is a chance of getting it to work on mine again. :(:(:( if anyone knows how to fiix this please tell me soon

Ive tried everything.. Sorry guys there is no hope.... Thx for supporting me untill then. If anyone wants to take over then PM for the files.. Ill probably start on something new then....
But.....can't you just buy a new SD card? :ohwell:
No need to ditch the whole project.

And Kirbyknight needs a mouth and stub hands.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...tnHBQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

With all this new '"Fancy" Vertex editing, why can't anyone mae a good looking shadow? Without pasting shadows chest, Boots better looking (Red part by meaning boots) eyes more narrow, Quills a good size,Just ike the link of the picture, i mean thats the way shadow for brawl was meant to be, if this was done, you'd automatically be #1 on Brawlvault. Just saying..... :) I mean cant we copy what the brawl modlel looks like?? (Geno, Link Melee, Fox and falco melee, ganon melee,mewtwo, etc..

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Awwwwww, Thanks :3

But.....can't you just buy a new SD card? :ohwell:
No need to ditch the whole project.

And Kirbyknight needs a mouth and stub hands.
No need.. After I renamed the Corrupted Yoshi Folder "Crap" and made a new one Toad worked just fine ^_^.. newbie mistake on my end. Btw do you know if the hexing hand bone thingy will work on toad? do you want me to send you my files?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Holy crap, it works!
It does! =O

MUST.... FIX.... KIRBYKNIGHT!
Still not sure how so many people are unaware of this. It has so many uses, can be done in BrawlBox without outside help, and can accomplish some of the same effects of vertext hacking without the glitches.

For example, I used it to remove the sky from Hyrule Temple so I could add a different background to it. And yesterday I helped someone remove Marth's cape by making it invisible because I didn't know how to remove it any other way. Any character that has accessories or body parts can use this method to flawlessly remove them as long as they don't share textures with another body part.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Still not sure how so many people are unaware of this. It has so many uses, can be done in BrawlBox without outside help, and can accomplish some of the same effects of vertext hacking without the glitches.

For example, I used it to remove the sky from Hyrule Temple so I could add a different background to it. And yesterday I helped someone remove Marth's cape by making it invisible because I didn't know how to remove it any other way. Any character that has accessories or body parts can use this method to flawlessly remove them as long as they don't share textures with another body part.
Hopefully the word will spread out about this, cause it's so much easier!

I've got a little plea for help though, I can't seem to make Metaknights cape and wings invisible... (I can hide the cape used in his vB move and FS, but not the one he normally has)

I think it might be because his sword is still visible (Since they share the same texture)...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...tnHBQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

With all this new '"Fancy" Vertex editing, why can't anyone mae a good looking shadow? Without pasting shadows chest, Boots better looking (Red part by meaning boots) eyes more narrow, Quills a good size,Just ike the link of the picture, i mean thats the way shadow for brawl was meant to be, if this was done, you'd automatically be #1 on Brawlvault. Just saying..... :) I mean cant we copy what the brawl modlel looks like?? (Geno, Link Melee, Fox and falco melee, ganon melee,mewtwo, etc..
That's pretty darn accurate. Shadow's vertex is as good as it gets. We don't need him to be vertexed anymore.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
No need.. After I renamed the Corrupted Yoshi Folder "Crap" and made a new one Toad worked just fine ^_^.. newbie mistake on my end. Btw do you know if the hexing hand bone thingy will work on toad? do you want me to send you my files?
I lol'd so much.
And hmmmmm, I guess I could try. I've only ever done it once.

I've got a little plea for help though, I can't seem to make Metaknights cape and wings invisible... (I can hide the cape used in his vB move and FS, but not the one he normally has)

I think it might be because his sword is still visible (Since they share the same texture)...
Pollllllllllllllllllllllllllygoooooooooon deletinggggggggggggg. :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*Shadow Vertex Hack*
That's pretty darn accurate. Shadow's vertex is as good as it gets. We don't need him to be vertexed anymore.
The only problem is the shoes. When viewed at certain angles, you can see some holes in them.

'Twas the best I could do.

*Lati Ice Climbers textures*

Needing advice as to what I should make the hammers look like.
Well, you could always give the hammers the same color schemes as Latias and Latios, or even swap those colors.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Pollllllllllllllllllllllllllygoooooooooon deletinggggggggggggg. :D
But then it does that thing where, if you're fighting certain other characters, the game glitches up badly...
Like, Diddy's mesh stretches, when against the mario bros, the game LAGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I've only had the game run perfectly against certain characters like Jiggelypuff and Kirby when I first tested my other one... I suppose I could try again though....

Also, how does this look for a kirby arm? Should it be fatter at all?

(The poly stretch during animations, still fixing that)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

The weird thing is that Mewtwo2000 was the one who figured it out and posted it (I learned it from him), and I thought people always gobbled up everything he said. I guess people just missed this, or ignored it because they didn't realize how useful it is.

And now you can see how this method isn't 100% reliable, so you still need to do some other ways of removing certain things, but when it works, it's the best option.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Polygon deleting of the wings and cape worked... and I haven't had any freezes or slowdowns yet... all that's left to do now is finish the arms and feet, then test a little... and release :)

EDIT: I can't fully remove Metaknights gloves without causing a few stray vertecies... I need help hiding them at least.... anyone know what I should do?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Any character that has accessories or body parts can use this method to flawlessly remove them as long as they don't share textures with another body part.
Not really. Most of Peach is spread over two texture files, except for her eyes and weapons. Some of her material settings that I was modifying affected multiple polygons (all of which I was removing anyway), but I wasn't limited by the actual textures.

Part of his cape is built into his model and part is an entirely seperate one. Which one are you referring to?

n64billy

Smash Ace
Am i allowed** to leave teasers?

*teaser*
I know what this is.... :laugh:
(Since I'm the one that helped export it and all;))

Part of his cape is built into his model and part is an entirely seperate one. Which one are you referring to?
Both, but I've tested how it runs when the polygons are deleted, and it seems to be running perfectly fine now... :)

Only 3 polygons are deleted this time... his cape, wings, and those spikes.... The shoulders, mask, eyes, shiny part of the sword, and seperate cape, are all hidden using the materials technique

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
I know what this is.... :laugh:
(Since I'm the one that helped export it and all;))

Both, but I've tested how it runs when the polygons are deleted, and it seems to be running perfectly fine now... :)

Only 3 polygons are deleted this time... his cape, wings, and those spikes.... The shoulders, mask, eyes, shiny part of the sword, and seperate cape, are all hidden using the materials technique
I did the same thing for Paula's backpack straps, and nothing bad happened.

bomberman, what is this madness

Just need to replace his pikmin with different kinds of bombs and you're set. :laugh:

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Oh the effort you go to to pursue pointless projects when you have many assignments due within the next two weeks!

Top Bottom