• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I've been slacking off on Smashfests ever since the bi-weeklies have started... I really need someone to come own me to get ready for the 21st D:

I'll be there regardless, though!

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
i'll come to the next biweekly only bc i think its gonna be the best one yet. + ill get some moneys flowing in.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I know a guy named Corey, and he used to work with me before he got fired haha. And yeah he does play Halo (but not active in like communities and shizzle, however he would be happy if he found one :p) How do you know him?

JustaPnoy

Smash Apprentice
I know him from Vanier, he's in my art class. its wierd, the whole semester we haven't spoken, and then i saw him on the bus today. we spoke and i found out all this stuff about him. cool guy.

small world huh.

Daisy101

Smash Journeyman
...ou déguiser Jarc en fille.

Le 21? c'est comme trop proche de Noël. Je vais voir. Pis il faut que je passe à travers mes examens, ça se peut que j'en ressorte pas.

Pis je vais checker pour organiser un gang bang... il manque de débauche dans la communauté de smash.

EDIT: J'exige que Daisy101 change d'avatar. Since I own more than him and I have been using this avatar since forever.
aller come paty:)

Paty

Smash Apprentice
Inspired by JustaPnoy's nickname for this event and RaIph's short comic in the Montreal Thread, I decided to make myself a new banner. I proudly unveil it in the Montréal Bi-Weeklies Thread:

JustaPnoy

Smash Apprentice
Has Jarc improved yet or would I still rip him to shreds?
well, come see. jeez.
*expects a reply that goes something like.. : omg i hav work and i r too cool, but i'd pwn u anywayzz*

Inspired by JustaPnoy's nickname for this event and RaIph's short comic in the Montreal Thread, I decided to make myself a new banner. I proudly unveil it in the Montréal Bi-Weeklies Thread:
omg i'm inspiring.

BTW for the 21st who's gonna be there at 4:00 (or early-ish)?

cF=)

Smash Lord
Next time I see my girlfriend, I'll ask her if she wants to «Biweeklies» with me :laugh:

cF=)

Smash Lord
I might bring my TV this time.
I wanted to talk to you about this over MSN but anyway, I'll do it here since your more responsive.

What I proposed last time when I said I could give you a lift was to drive you up to the train station and bring you back to Les Cèdres right after the gaming to save your parents some transportation. I won't get stuck in the middle of Montreal and pay a 8$ parking for a few hours of gaming. Therefore, you might reconsider bringing material like this since you said last time it was crap to transport a TV in a metro.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
If it works for you, cF=) it's all good. The last time I didn't bring it was because I woul've had to leave it at school, wich was kinda imporssible to do. This time I'll just hop on the train after work. I will have to carry it, but not that long of a distance wich is all good. I'll train my way down there, if you wanna gimme a lift back it's all good.

Paty

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it, because the models are not made to do such moves. Like the polygons are not supposed to match the moves of another character. The machine should bug, or at least the movements should not be fluid, and there should be 'holes' in the characters as they perform moves that are not theirs.
I suspect that they completely remodeled G&W character, as you can see with Game&Watch doing Pichu's moves. Game&Watch being a 2D character, he can't be turned around or manipulated as if it was 3D. They had to draw new movements (more obvious with Pichu's taunt where G&W is facing us).
As for 3D characters, they probably assigned corresponding points on both models (originial character and copying character). So when, for example, Peach's arm extends, the anchored point on her hand moves in front of her. On the copy character, the point corresponding to Peach's hand is placed on his hand too, so the hand moves in front of the character in proportion with the other points.
This must have been a lot of work.

EDIT: After watching the whole video, it does say that the game freezes, as I expected. And I don't think this subject belongs to the thread.

D

Deleted member

Still, I want my baby Poke Floats to be recognized as a viable counterpick. :(

We'll show 'em some day Floaty

BTW guys, the accent in your city's name is trays gay. Yeah, I know I just butchered tres. DEAL WITH IT.

cF=)

Smash Lord
J'ai pas hate de perdre contre tout le monde this week >__>

Loosing vs Paty must be fun though... she come out on top ahaha

TestRider

Smash Ace
I love how Bam Bam Bigelow uses a Fox banner even though he's been playing straight Falco for the past 4 tournaments. Lawl, attention aux singes au Centre Molson, paraît qu'ils y sont nombreux.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
You come out of the subway, cross the street in front of you, walk left for a few seconds and you're there.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Daisy, we'll play DS when we meet outside of a bi-weekly. There's too much smashing going on to switch over to DS, even though you're my best MK DS competitor ever :p

Also, this Christmas bi-weekly was very jolly and merry. Had there been mistletoes, it might just have turned into an orgy. I want moar.

Special mention to Jarc, Nox, Test ( I believe it was him :p) and ThatGuy, whom I got to play for da first time, desu ne?

... Shame I won't be there for another month ;-;

Top Bottom