• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Dat render tho, it looks TOO good.

@HextupleyooDOT, you did an amazing job with this one! An astounding step up from your pre-brawl one! The transparent pink parts of his body were a great touch and Chris's 3D-Rendering being implemented in his hands and feet really tie it all together.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So if Bomberman was to get announced, what song do you think would you like used in his trailer? For me it would have to be the boss music from Super Bomberman.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So if Bomberman was to get announced, what song do you think would you like used in his trailer? For me it would have to be the boss music from Super Bomberman.
For me, a remix of Battle Theme from Bomberman Blast/Ultra.

Though anything from Super and 64 would be fine in my book.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
That or a mix of the regular ol' battle theme. Nothing really fits better, imo.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I used the Smashified renders of Bomberman and made some recoulers for him! Most are taken from the picture in the OP.

I really want Bomberman in Smash 4. I played Super Bomberman here, and it's so fun. I would like to be a supporter!

Full, HD Images +icons

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, I used the Smashified renders of Bomberman and made some recoulers for him! Most are taken from the picture in the OP.

I really want Bomberman in Smash 4. I played Super Bomberman here, and it's so fun. I would like to be a supporter!

Full, HD Images +icons

Nice pallet swaps! They look pretty good!

If you wanna be a supporter, click "Yes" on the poll and you will automatically be a supporter! :D

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
The songs I want are as followed
Main theme
Redial(Bomberman Hero)
Original battle theme
Modern battle theme I prefer the generation version tho
Super bomberman boss theme

lightdasher

Smash Lord

Full, HD Images +icons

Seems I've sparked something eh?

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
I love the alts so much! can we have this now?! i want it so badly!

i suppose while the thread is active. i'll go ahead and post my moveset i made recently.

Mechanic: Bomberman can only have 2 bombs out at a time, this makes it more strategic and reminiscent of his games where he would need power ups to use more bombs. Bomberman can place another bomb while one is exploding. Should he not be able to spawn a Bomb. His attacks will not include the Bomb. (quantity of bombs can be altered)

Jab Combo: 2 Punches Followed with a Kick

F-Tilt: A vertically swinging Kick.

U-Tilt: An upward headbutt, similar to Pac-man.

D-Tilt: A Leg Sweep.

F-Smash: Winds his hand back and tosses a Bomb in front of him.

U-Smash: Tosses a Bomb above his head and crouches down below, covering his “ears”.

D-Smash: Jumps upward and tosses a bomb below him, as a column of fire shoots out on both sides.

N-Air: Does a kick similar to what it would look like if he were kicking a Bomb.

F-Air: Winds his hand back and chucks a bomb directly in front of him. Explodes directly in front of Bomberman, larger Knockback if the opponent hits the Bomb instead of the explosion.

U-Air: Does a back-flip kick above his head.

D-Air: Throws a bomb below him, exploding shortly afterwards, slightly less range than Megaman's Down air, Bomb explodes on impact, Spikes if the opponent hits the Bomb, sends them sideways if they hit the explosion, Soft Spike for his hands should he not be able to use a Bomb.

Grabs:

Pummel: A Headbutt.

F-Throw: Throws the opponent forward like he would a bomb in his games with the Power Glove.

B-Throw: Throws the opponent behind him and tosses a Bomb at them.

U-throw: Tosses a Bomb Behind the opponent and pushes them onto it.

D-throw: A Suplex (in homage to Snake if he doesn't come back.(both owned by Konami, hence the homage.))

B: Bomb Drop: Bomberman Places a Bomb directly in front of him, if he presses B again while he is next to the bomb he will kick it, if used in the air he will kick it automatically. If left on the ground, it will automatically explode after 3-5 seconds, or if an opponent touches it.

Side B: Bomb Roll: Bomberman hops on top of a bomb and starts walking on it like a circus ball, (this move is found in Bomberman Land Touch 2 Minigame “Don't Fall”), if Bomberman is Next to a Bomb. He will use that one. If not, he will spawn a new Bomb. if Bomberman Jumps while he is doing this move. he will jump off the Bomb, but not have a second jump if he does so.

Up B:Bomber Copter:Bomberman uses his Bomber Copter to fly upward. (This move is a part of Bomberman's tools in Bomberman Hero.)

Down B: Power-Up: Bomberman holds his hand upward and a Power-up from his games pops up above it, which Bomberman follows up with a fist pump upon acquiring it. dependent on what Power Up appears he will gain a Buff for approximately 10-20 seconds. Only one Power Up can be active at a time.

Fire Up - Increases the size of the animation and the Hitbox on your bomb's explosions by a small amount, and increases knockback slightly.

Skate - Increases both air and ground movement.

Bomb Up - increases the amount of bombs he can have out to 3.

Power Glove - instead of Kicking for his Neutral B, he will be able to pick it up and throw it, a thrown bomb will do additional damage/knockback.

Power Bomb – The next Bomb Bomberman uses will be a Power bomb, it has a very high amount of knockback, however, Bomberman can be affected by this explosion.

admittedly it does need some fine tuning here and there. so recommendations and suggestions are appreciated!

D

Deleted member

*Stealthily dropping in to announce his support for Bomberman*
Remember to say "Yes!" on the poll and you are automatically a supporter! :D

Now something has been bothering me recently.
Since Konami is going mobile, do you think that we will never have a Bomberman game see the light of day on a Nintendo console, or even at all? The mobile announcement got me worried about this the most...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Remember to say "Yes!" on the poll and you are automatically a supporter! :D

Now something has been bothering me recently.
Since Konami is going mobile, do you think that we will never have a Bomberman game see the light of day on a Nintendo console, or even at all? The mobile announcement got me worried about this the most...
Fun fact, I voted "yes" about a week ago, but I didn't actually comment until today lol.

To answer your question, the switch to mobile definitely huts the chances of a console game, but I'd wait a little longer. IIRC Sega said they were going mobile too, and they're releasing another Sonic Boom game on the 3DS.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
I believe Sega said they were going to make more quality games possibly coming back to consoles.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/sega-admits-to-having-betrayed-fans-33993
i believe Arejay was talking about this article. but either way SEGA looks to be heading in the right direction with that "Betrayal" article, hopefully Konami can get their act together and make more than just Metal Gear Solid games, not that those games are bad, but it's like a similar problem that SEGA has had recently. they're just focusing on 1 IP and it's not giving them enough business.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Full, HD Images +icons

Always had a soft spot for the Red Bomber. Nice work!

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Dem graphics....

But the roster itself is much more varied and expansive than Super Smash Flash 2 (Except no Chibi Robo and Geno instead of Black Mage).
I can't say I personally like SSF2 or Crusade for just the choice of characters that I think messes it up... SSF2 especially for excluding Pac-Man though IMO. But that's beside the point.

Personally I would love to see Bomberman get in, I think he deserves a spot more than Snake returning in all honesty. Not that I disliked Snake but compared to Sonic, he felt out of place among the Nintendo cast. Bomberman is an icon much like Pac-Man and Mega Man are, about on a good level as Earthworm Jim I'd say. I do worry that we MAY not see him though considering Konami's (Stupid) decisions they have been making and how they are about to head the Capcom route and die off, but if they do this I think they have a chance of saving themselves.

Capcom pretty much did that with Mega Man and Ryu in the game... And considering Nintendo and Hudson's relationship before being killed off... I say he should have a spot reserved, personally.

Warningdontread

Smash Rookie
NNID
Warningdontread
3DS FC
3952-8138-9680
The longer I see the ballot and the popular votes, the more I lose hope on Bomberman wining it; if the ballot is more a vote thing than a suggest thing. (did that make sense?)

I say we should keep strong for Smash 5, even though we don't even know if Sakurai is gonna be involved in it, as a new Smash game means a new hype train. And Bomberman is the last 3rd party character left that's iconic as Pac-Man.

And while we're at it, as long as they include Bomberman Hero's Zip and Bomberman 64's Blue Resort in the soundtrack I'm happy.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Just want to say I support Bomberman. He's my main in SSF2 and he's awesome

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
Welcome to the group!

The longer I see the ballot and the popular votes, the more I lose hope on Bomberman wining it; if the ballot is more a vote thing than a suggest thing. (did that make sense?)

I say we should keep strong for Smash 5, even though we don't even know if Sakurai is gonna be involved in it, as a new Smash game means a new hype train. And Bomberman is the last 3rd party character left that's iconic as Pac-Man.
I'm hoping the ballot is more of a "suggestions" type ballot rather than a popularity contest, though I'm almost certain that the most voted characters are probably going to be picked over any of the others.

but at this point I've started to see the ballot as more of a Suggestion box than anything else, they may look into it, maybe not. but at least i did my part in suggesting it right? at least the support is there, and who knows, maybe they'll look back at the ballot and add them in the next Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Like many others said, the ballot is more of a suggestions box than a real popularity contest. Even if Sakurai said that the next set of DLC will be about "fanservice", we can't really guarantee that every character will only be ones who are heavily requested (So calling Shantae or Shovel Knight shoo-ins are an understatement). There's still hope that Bomber will fare well in the ballot and the hype that his Smashified art caused is guaranteed to gather more supporters (plus ballot votes).

That being said, future Smashifieds will be mostly first party and Bomber is the last third party that the team are doing for a while. It's actually kind of nice that he would have the honor of being the last third party to get "smashified" before they finally take a break from doing non-Nintendo characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Bomberman has a fair shot at the ballot.
Yes, he might not win in terms of number of votes, but if Sakurai likes what the fans have been suggesting for him, he could consider Bomberman.
Votes are important since it shows the noise, which is why people think characters like King K. Rool are likely. However, if our suggestion is backed up for reasons why Bomberman should be in, such as his history and his uniqueness, I bet Sakurai will justify it.
Konami is a major issue, however. Does Nintendo and Sakurai want to cooperate with them with what they are going through? Does Konami want to cooperate with them?
For now, we need to keep pushing forward.

PKBuster1101

Smash Rookie
I still hope Sakurai doesn't forget about the White Bomber. We should keep going strong! We have so many arguments that prove that Bomberman is one of the best DLC options out there.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Since the creation of the Smash Ballot, I've been having a lot of trouble deciding which character I want to get in above all others. (As almost every single character I wanted already got in). It took me until yesterday to realize that I want it to be my childhood hero, Bomberman. :D

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Just here to say that I support bomberman, the first game i ever played was a gba game of his.

He will get a ballot vote from me, here's hoping he makes it in.

D

Deleted member

I remember hearing a leak saying that Bomberman would be a Mii costume.
It didn't make sense to me because if you were going out of your way to make him a costume, why not make him or some other Konami character a character in Smash?

Just here to say that I support bomberman, the first game i ever played was a gba game of his.

He will get a ballot vote from me, here's hoping he makes it in.
Remember to click "Yes!" on the poll! It shows that you are a supporter!

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I swear if all the ballot results just go to Mii costumes that's NOT a good sign by any means.

Top Bottom