• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters

ryuu seika

Smash Master
My last move doesn't seem to have made it into the first page's list:

Neutral Air - Self Destruct: Bomberman quickly presses a hitherto unseen button on his belt and an explosion emanates from the centre of his hurtbox, soon reaching 1.2 times his height in radius. This move has very little startup time but a carefully spaced move could potentially still hit Bomberman during the first few frames, before the explosion has completely encased him. There is also very little after lag, which, combined with the pretty good but rarely fatal radial knockback, would make this an insanely safe move. There is just one problem. It hurts both players equally. That's right, this move will damage both players for roughly nine percent, putting Bomberman at a significant disadvantage if he misses and so reducing its use to a last ditch "get off me!" attack.
More importantly though, I've been looking through videos and it would seem as though my Line Bomb, Block and uppercut moves were all inspired by Nitros. This is interesting but also means I have to change the mechanics of the former to reflect that since the technique Line Bomb has been based on has something more akin to reflector properties than invincibility frames.

With this also comes the realization that, if Bomber Academy trains people in the bomb wielding arts, they are infact a single fighting style, meaning that Bomberman has a logical explanation to know the moves of most of his more humanoid enemies.
Expect new moves soon.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I remember this little guy. I managed to complete Bomberman Hero at 100% once with the secret mission and all.

I went to listen to its sound track for nostalgia reasons and all fairly recently. He's one of the few third parties I wouldn't mind in Smash. c:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, but why did they have to ruin the Bomberman name with it. Konami could've done something with I don't know, ****ING CONTRA, THE FRANCHISE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ACTION MOVIE LIKE AND APPEALS TO AMERICANS. Konami makes stupid business decisions.
I think it was probably to make the series more mature and to take itself seriously... it was probably made to appeal to the hardcore audience that plays Halo.
In the process they lost sight of what made Bomberman fun and the tone and look of the game is outright disgusting and alienating for fans. The fact that this game exists is one of the reasons why I hate having Konami own the franchise now, on top of not having any games.

i found this on miiverse

i have a question what happend to people who were supporting Bomberman in brawl on smashboards they were alot of people supporting him back in brawl, the brawl Bomberman discussion reached 60+ pages but here just 15 pages did Bomberman fans did fall in the same hole as Geno fans after brawl :( ?
I think so.
By the time Smash 4 started development, Hudson Soft went bankrupt and now they are owned by Konami. This probably left a lot of Bomberman fans and supporters feeling down for him appearing in the next Smash.
Snake is probably a big part of this equation as well. He was a character with a much beloved moveset, but he was seen as a character that was very likely going to get cut. So, people went on the Snake train to support him and left Bomberman in the dust, thinking that he could interfere with Snake getting in Smash.
I still think this rages on, even more so when Snake was cut and the fact that Konami faces difficulties. One could argue with Mega Man and Ryu, but I think this is a much more problematic issue.

after looking at this thread i can't help but feel a little sad inside... Bomberman was one of my childhood icons in video games. and he hasn't had a game in years. you have my support.

i've already voted on other characters on my different devices, but i'll see if i can get a vote in from a relatives device, just to make sure it counts.
I share the same feeling. It sucks to see an icon, one of your childhood heroes, fall from his legacy and grace. I can't help but feel sad over the topic of him being in the game.
It would be something that would be a dream come true.
I did vote for him on the Ballot of course... I just hope that he can be seen as appealing to Sakurai.

Hello. I'm new here but, I really want to see Bomberman in smash 4. I've played most of his games and I think he'd be an amazing character. If you support Bomberman like me. Check out this facebook group me and my friend made. We're small but, are trying to buil ourselves up. Thanks in advance :) #bombernation
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1651746445062436
I'm glad that a Facebook group is up and running and I do like the hashtag #BomberNation...
We need to make this a thing on Twitter.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Completely forgot to make a final smash for my moveset. *updated*

Final Smash: Louie

Bomberman jumps onto one a Louie and rides him for about 12 seconds. While on a Louie, bomberman can throw bombs with the B button almost lagless. He can also make the Loiue deliver a powerful punch while pressing A that deals 18%, can KO, can be used while running. Both of these moves can be used at the same time. While riding the Louie you take no damage from bombs. You also gain very fast run speed and jump height. Running past bombs while riding Louie causes him to kick them in the direction he's facing.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i always thought his final smash should be the ending of this:

but i like the Louie Final smash too.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
The title makes it sound like Bomberman is a terrorist or something haha, could always go with Blasts the competition away.

On Topic, BM would be cool, although for this part

Bomberman has lost the majority of his popularity due to lack of games and lack of titles in development.

OP could with an update. Star Fox doesn't get games very often but it has had at least one game for most of the systems (besides GB and GBA I think are the exceptions) with one coming up this year so it's hardly dormant so that could be changed accordingly.

@XenoBrawler610

D

Deleted member

Can i be in the support list?
I think Bomberman is of the best (if not THE BEST) options for a Third-Party character.
------Speedwagon

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Stolen from Artemis, here comes another aerial.
Forward Air - Fuse Lighter: Pausing his fall for a moment, Bomberman quickly performs a spin which transitions into a straight, right handed jab. This move has noticeable startup time due to him having to rotate the full 360 degrees before its hitbox comes out but makes up for this weakness with very little ending or landing lag. Sadly, this isn't the only weakness of the move, however, as the jab's hitbox is no taller than Bomberman's hand width, leaving him massively exposed for its entire duration. There is more to it than meets the eye though. Like with Luigi's super jump punch, this move has two modes and, should the punch fail to connect, a burst of flame roughly twice Bomberman's hand size will travel a further 0.4 times his height as a projectile. It will only do roughly 5% damage and minor knockback, much like the rest of the move in this form, but it makes for a much more certain projectile than any bombs. To trigger the second mode, an enemy, item or breakable object must be within the arm's range when it starts to move towards the end of the spin. In this instance, the arm itself will still do ~5% and low knockback but the fist, when fully extended, will hit for more than double, making it a potential kill move even. As you may have noticed though, this mode is not just triggered by players, it is also intended to launch items, especially bombs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OP could with an update. Star Fox doesn't get games very often but it has had at least one game for most of the systems (besides GB and GBA I think are the exceptions) with one coming up this year so it's hardly dormant so that could be changed accordingly.

@XenoBrawler610
I updated the arguments accordingly.
I updated:
  • One of the arguments so that make it less hateful towards Snake. I realized that I could've started some wars with what I said.
  • Reflected on Konami's state and the fact that they are going mobile. I added a new section to the Arguments, but this is one that I can't really counter. I stress the importance of the ballot here.
  • Mentioned how Mega Man and Ryu appearing alongside one another might not mean that these two are competing and that they could appear at the same time.
  • I only say that Mega Man is in a dormant state instead of Star Fox and F-Zero. SF is getting a new release while F-Zero does have a future. I am unsure about Mega Man at this point, minus his collection.
  • I put in information from Source Gaming. While old, I think it's relevant.
Can i be in the support list?
I think Bomberman is of the best (if not THE BEST) options for a Third-Party character.
------Speedwagon
Click yes on the poll and you are a supporter!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I updated the arguments accordingly.
I updated:
  • One of the arguments so that make it less hateful towards Snake. I realized that I could've started some wars with what I said.
  • Reflected on Konami's state and the fact that they are going mobile. I added a new section to the Arguments, but this is one that I can't really counter. I stress the importance of the ballot here.
  • Mentioned how Mega Man and Ryu appearing alongside one another might not mean that these two are competing and that they could appear at the same time.
  • I only say that Mega Man is in a dormant state instead of Star Fox and F-Zero. SF is getting a new release while F-Zero does have a future. I am unsure about Mega Man at this point, minus his collection.
  • I put in information from Source Gaming. While old, I think it's relevant.

Click yes on the poll and you are a supporter!
For a second there, I thought you were the same guy on the Wolf thread that said Lucario was a Mewtwo clone. Glad you're not him.

D

Deleted member

For a second there, I thought you were the same guy on the Wolf thread that said Lucario was a Mewtwo clone. Glad you're not him.
LOL
That would be something that I would never say.
The only real similarity they have is their neutral special, which even then has different properties. Their moves and mechanics are entirely separate and different.
I never understood why people call Lucario a Mewtwo clone.
But that is irrelevant here.

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
LOL
That would be something that I would never say.
The only real similarity they have is their neutral special, which even then has different properties. Their moves and mechanics are entirely separate and different.
I never understood why people call Lucario a Mewtwo clone.
But that is relevant here.
I think you mean irrelevant good sir.

edit - or madam, didn't check and didn't want to be insensitive.

edit 2 - survey says you are a male (I clicked your avatar).

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
just watched the whole video. Bomberman goes further back then i thought, nice little history lesson/trip down memory lane.

while i was bored i decided to make another banner for my signature. guess who it's for. :p

i wasn't 100% certain about the colors for the text, so i decided to imitate the bomb fuse for it. hope it's not an eyesore. :ohwell:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Very interesting video. Bomberman Touch 2 shows us what his run should be I think, given that he doesn't run much in other games, and Bomberman Fight is the only time I've seen him have a double jump. That aerial backflip looks just right for Smash.
I'm also liking the idea (albeit not the execution) of that early first person Bomberman game. It would not work at all for your traditional multiplayer based games but for a more adventure heavy dungeon crawling experience, perhaps similar to Zelda or Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, I could see it being far more successful.
Finally, I've got to say, while the entire rest of the game is an abomination, Act Zero really got its explosions right. That realistic hemi-spherical blast that gets transformed into linear columns of flame by the classic environment structure is exactly what a modern Bomberman should have.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Guys the next Smashified is gonna be Bomberman! If you check @Smashified on Twitter their theme has been updated and it reminds me of a pretty explosive game!

edit - If it isn't than ****.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope the next Smashified is Bomberman. I would be a happy Bomberman if that is the case.

D

Deleted member

Compare this to the smashified logo and you will see the similarities.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
and just like that Wednesday cannot come sooner. as soon as Bomberman re-entered my thought process for DLC characters, he immediately became my most wanted.

I was thinking it'd be Wonder Red due to the ribbon picture they showed, kind of glad i was wrong, but feel bad for his supporters.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Looks like I need to replay SSF then, since I don't remember Bomberman's inclusion at all. TBH I've not looked into it much since they cut the amazing Temple of Time stage.

EDIT: So much of his moveset is generic, non-bomberman stuff and the fact that bomb kick has no affect on bombs seems highly counterintuitive. As does the fact that they don't explode without the detonation move despite having fuses and not being remote bombs. Combine that with the general clunkiness of controlling Smash on a keyboard and I don't find SSF2 Bomberman very fun. Disapointing after how right they got Tails.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Updated the thread's title! :)

Thank you to Artsy Omni for the amazing Bomberman render! :D It's incredible!
The medley in the video is pretty damn good as well!

I have to hand it to you guys, I am impressed. :)

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
HE'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

now i want him even more. i feel like i'll actually be dissappointed if he doesn't make it in. he's actually my favorite choice.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
And also with the SMASHIFIED BOMBERMAN MEDLEY, I created this hypothetical victory theme for him!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now I'm sad because I know Bomberman is unlikely :(
And we can all blame Konami for that since they are the ones who rarely did crap with him until the day they slowly became the "new Capcom". I might as well say that Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain could be the last Konami game that I'll ever purchase in my life.

D

Deleted member

Now I'm sad because I know Bomberman is unlikely :(
I know, and I blame Konami for that.
But... we just need to have some hope. If not now, maybe later. We could build up the support for the next game in a few years, where hopefully things will change for the better.

And we can all blame Konami for that since they are the ones who rarely did crap with him until the day they slowly became the "new Capcom". I might as well say that Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain could be the last Konami game that I'll ever purchase in my life.
Konami, what happened to you?
I wish that they would give away some IPs that they aren't using. I bet Nintendo would do a lot more with the Bomberman license than Konami currently is.

If we don't get Bomberman as DLC, we still have SSF2 Bomberman to spare. ;p
Ehh... I guess. It's not as thrilling as an official thing.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Been hoping for Bomberman since Brawl, hoping he somehow makes it in as DLC.

PKBuster1101

Smash Rookie
Looks like I need to replay SSF then, since I don't remember Bomberman's inclusion at all. TBH I've not looked into it much since they cut the amazing Temple of Time stage.

EDIT: So much of his moveset is generic, non-bomberman stuff and the fact that bomb kick has no affect on bombs seems highly counterintuitive. As does the fact that they don't explode without the detonation move despite having fuses and not being remote bombs. Combine that with the general clunkiness of controlling Smash on a keyboard and I don't find SSF2 Bomberman very fun. Disapointing after how right they got Tails.
Eh, i kinda agree. I don't think it is awful, but it could have been better. But, like i said before, the real deal can be even better.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh, i kinda agree. I don't think it is awful, but it could have been better. But, like i said before, the real deal can be even better.
True, even the official Smash Mega Man blows the Smash Flash one out of the water in terms of having an effective moveset. And it would be insane to say that the Mega Man Team Up is less epic than the SSF2 Super Mega Man Final Smash.

Top Bottom