• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters

yani

Smash Lord
I support Bomberman. He deserves way more love than Konami gives him. I really wish Nintendo would buy Hudsons IP from them.

Calane

Smash Ace
I would be overjoyed if Bomberman made it in. He's been one of my favorite videogame characters since childhood. The first game in the series I played was Bomberman Hero, my brother and I were crazy about that game back then. Still enjoy it today, actually. We went on to play Second Attack after that, and it blew our minds with pure epicness. Then we got Generation, and that game just sealed the deal for me. I've loved Bomberman games ever since. If Bomberman made it in, all of my childhood gaming heroes would finally be in one game. Kirby, Sonic, Link, Mega Man, Mario, and of course, Bomberman. Back then, we used to make videos about them being a team and everything. We were weird kids. Anyway, my inner child would flip out if this actually happened.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I had Generation as a kid. Unfortunately my 3 year old brother at the time broke the game but I still liked it for the little amount of time I got to play it.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
I had Generation as a kid. Unfortunately my 3 year old brother at the time broke the game but I still liked it for the little amount of time I got to play it.
Generation is one of my favorite GameCube games ever. It's got a great soundtrack, great gameplay, super cheesy but entertaining cut scenes, colorful graphics, and all of those memorable bosses. I mean seriously, to this day we still quote some of the things the bosses said.

"I will destroy you...with my laser blade!" - Constructor X

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

History of Bomberman. The guy's been around for a while, eh?

D

Deleted member

Add me to the list of Bomberman supporters, I voted for him for my 3rd party character.
I support Bomberman. He deserves way more love than Konami gives him. I really wish Nintendo would buy Hudsons IP from them.
Hello! :D Press "Yes" on the poll and you are automatically supporters!

I would be overjoyed if Bomberman made it in. He's been one of my favorite videogame characters since childhood. The first game in the series I played was Bomberman Hero, my brother and I were crazy about that game back then. Still enjoy it today, actually. We went on to play Second Attack after that, and it blew our minds with pure epicness. Then we got Generation, and that game just sealed the deal for me. I've loved Bomberman games ever since. If Bomberman made it in, all of my childhood gaming heroes would finally be in one game. Kirby, Sonic, Link, Mega Man, Mario, and of course, Bomberman. Back then, we used to make videos about them being a team and everything. We were weird kids. Anyway, my inner child would flip out if this actually happened.
I share nearly the same experiences you do.
Bomberman 64 was my first game. I absolutely loved the open areas, puzzles, good graphics (at the time), and the music. When Smash Bros. came out, I wondered why Bomberman was excluded from the game (I didn't know what 3rd parties were...). I remember going through levels I already beaten, create weird little stories in my mind, experiment around with the game, and getting stuck in certain areas (Red Mountain's first level in particular... I didn't know how to end the level).
Damn, I wish Nintendo and Konami would re-release the N64 Bomberman games on the Virtual Console... though I know that conflicts with the memory cards from the old games (theoretically speaking, they should be able to make separate data on the Wii U specifically for the memory card). I really want to beat this game... perhaps 100% it. I want to finally be able to fulfill something that I was never able to do as a child and relive one of my favorite games as a kid.

History of Bomberman. The guy's been around for a while, eh?
40 minutes worth of games! Bomberman sure does have a long history, definitely more long than a majority of the fighters currently in Smash (purely on age and amount of games alone).
The last few games made me pretty sad though... it's a fall from grace.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I would honestly LOVE to see Bomberman make it in!

In fact, this topic reminded me of the times I would play Bomberman as a child on my brother's console (can't remember which) and thoroughly enjoying it.

I also bought Bomberman Blitz for my 2DS. :)

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
A Bomberman trailer I created:

Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man are fighting on Battlefield in the Wii U version. They are trading blows when they all happen to land under the middle platform and proceed to charge up their side smash attacks. As they are bout to launch their smash attacks a bomb flies from the sky and hits all of them knocking them away. Bomberman then drops down and his splash art appears saying "Bomberman blows 'em away". Que move set and that's a wrap.

Shirobom

Smash Rookie
My vote, and my reasons:

Bomberman

Bomberman (NES)

1. The first crossover game to feature a Nintendo character was Wario Blast feat. Bomberman for the Gameboy in 1994.
2. Bomberman’s unique use of bombs over the course of his 50+ titles would make for an interesting and fun move-set with a style that compliments the feel of Smash.
3. Bomberman has been a gaming icon since 1983 as the mascot for Hudson Soft, the first 3rd party developer to have a game on a Nintendo console, Binary Land for the Famicom.
4. Obvious, yet awesome alt costumes.

#VoteBomber

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
My vote, and my reasons:

Bomberman

Bomberman (NES)

1. The first crossover game to feature a Nintendo character was Wario Blast feat. Bomberman for the Gameboy in 1994.
2. Bomberman’s unique use of bombs over the course of his 50+ titles would make for an interesting and fun move-set with a style that compliments the feel of Smash.
3. Bomberman has been a gaming icon since 1983 as the mascot for Hudson Soft, the first 3rd party developer to have a game on a Nintendo console, Binary Land for the Famicom.
4. Obvious, yet awesome alt costumes.

#VoteBomber
Exactly, Bomberman needs to be in this game.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Just want to toss this out, if Ryu really is in as DLC, that means Snake can co-exist with other Konami reps.

#VoteBomber #VoteBelmont

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Might as well post this in all the appropriate support threads. #StrongerTogether

D

Deleted member

Either him or snake I'm fine with that(secretly wants frogger in smash... Also a new dream TV world fighter)

D

Deleted member

I posted here before, but I've decided to pull my full backing behind Bomberman for this game, regardless of how bad his chances might be.

The fact that Ryu is almost certainly getting in tells me that companies getting two third-party characters isn't impossible to achieve and while I usually am not for expanding third-parties companies involvement in Smash, I agree with @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D that Konami has a legacy that merits two third-party characters. One of them has to be Snake, but I also feel as Bomberman deserves to be playable as well. And now that Ryu and Mega Man from Capcom is soon going to be reality, it makes me hope, if only ever so slightly, that Bomberman might get in someday.

My most wanted character for DLC. I am ready to push for his inclusion despite the odds. #VoteBomber #TeamKonami

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I posted here before, but I've decided to pull my full backing behind Bomberman for this game, regardless of how bad his chances might be.

The fact that Ryu is almost certainly getting in tells me that companies getting two third-party characters isn't impossible to achieve and while I usually am not for expanding third-parties companies involvement in Smash, I agree with @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D that Konami has a legacy that merits two third-party characters. One of them has to be Snake, but I also feel as Bomberman deserves to be playable as well. And now that Ryu and Mega Man from Capcom is soon going to be reality, it makes me hope, if only ever so slightly, that Bomberman might get in someday.

My most wanted character for DLC. I am ready to push for his inclusion despite the odds. #VoteBomber #TeamKonami
Great! Welcome to #TeamKonami:roll:

D

Deleted member

Great! Welcome to #TeamKonami:roll:
Thank you. I look forward to seeing what I can do for Shirobon. :)

Edit: 3DS News just retweeted my tweet supporting Bomberman and Snake for this game:
Bomberman and Snake for DLC.png

D

Deleted member

That's awesome.
Yeah it's nice to see it get noticed even if it is just them.

A big reason why I like Bomberman so much is because he's one of the early multi-player icon. Playing Bomberman with a bunch of other people (online and real life) is a ton of fun and I actually did get somewhat good at Bomberman Blast. As someone that loves multi-player games, this is a third-party character that is right up my alley (the only one I like more is Mega Man, who's already in).

I wonder if Bomberman could be argued as a PC Engine representative of sort. Bomberman had four games on the the system (Bomberman, Bomberman '93, Bomberman '94, Panic Bomberman on Turbo CD) and IIRC, all had five players on it. Hudson Soft was a massive supporter for the console and made some of their best games on it (I bought all of the best games available on the Wii Virtual Console on that system earlier this year and want to get to the Japanese Wii VC games someday) and I'd personally would love to see that underdog get recognized more in modern video games.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

A big reason why I like Bomberman so much is because he's one of the early multi-player icon. Playing Bomberman with a bunch of other people (online and real life) is a ton of fun and I actually did get somewhat good at Bomberman Blast. As someone that loves multi-player games, this is a third-party character that is right up my alley (the only one I like more is Mega Man, who's already in).

I wonder if Bomberman could be argued as a PC Engine representative of sort. Bomberman had four games on the the system (Bomberman, Bomberman '93, Bomberman '94, Panic Bomberman on Turbo CD) and IIRC, all had five players on it. Hudson Soft was a massive supporter for the console and made some of their best games on it (I bought all of the best games available on the Wii Virtual Console on that system earlier this year and want to get to the Japanese Wii VC games someday) and I'd personally would love to see that underdog get recognized more in modern video games.
Neutopia is probably my favorite Zelda clone.

Super Bomberman, with the Hudson made Super Multitap, was the first game I ever played that let you play with 4 (actually 5) players at a time. It was mind blowing stuff. Bomberman is really the first competitive 4+ player party game. He deserves a spot in Smash, the ultimate 4+ player party game, just because of that.

D

Deleted member

Pulling that you guys get Bomberman, with Konami's situation right now the odds seem pretty low. :urg:
What's been going on with Konami again? I heard they were in some sort of financial trouble or something.

Bomberman can be the life of a party with the multiplayer indeed. It's just absolutely chaotic; I doubt you will have friends when you're done.
I wasn't good at Bomberman Blast. I got owned 99% of the time in the online mode.

That would be interesting if Bomberman could pass as that, actually. I know that Bomberman was pretty active on that console and maybe a few of his games on there could get referenced (specifically, the music). I played Bomberman '93 and I did beat it. I must say that I am surprised by the low amount of Bomberman games on the Wii VC...
*sigh* I wish that Bomberman 64 would get re-released on the Wii U VC. :( I want to beat that game... I never did as a child...

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Working on something guys, I thought it was worth bringing it up here!

Basically going to be making Bomberman emoticons.

D

Deleted member

Working on something guys, I thought it was worth bringing it up here!

Basically going to be making Bomberman emoticons.
Wow! Nice! :D I'm impressed by your work! Keep em coming!

Bomberman just bombed an old lady in that commercial! O_O
Hahaha. The 90's had very weird commercials. :p

add me to the supporter list please
Click "Yes" on the poll and you are automatically a supporter!

D

Deleted member

What's been going on with Konami again? I heard they were in some sort of financial trouble or something.
They're in financial trouble as their gamling industry assure that they're just fine. What is happening, however, is that there turmoil between Kojima and Konami. Kojima basically got fired and people are very worried about what this means for the Metal Gear Solid franchise.
Bomberman can be the life of a party with the multiplayer indeed. It's just absolutely chaotic; I doubt you will have friends when you're done.
I wasn't good at Bomberman Blast. I got owned 99% of the time in the online mode.

That would be interesting if Bomberman could pass as that, actually. I know that Bomberman was pretty active on that console and maybe a few of his games on there could get referenced (specifically, the music). I played Bomberman '93 and I did beat it. I must say that I am surprised by the low amount of Bomberman games on the Wii VC...
*sigh* I wish that Bomberman 64 would get re-released on the Wii U VC. :( I want to beat that game... I never did as a child...
I wonder if it would be possible for Bomberman to have a competitive scene of sort. I'd definitely would consider participating in one myself. But yeah, Bomberman multi-player is a blast.

There's a reason why Bomberman '93, Bomberman '94, and Panic Bomberman from the Turbografx-16 were the only Virtual Console releases; that's because they were likely the best games Bomberman could pull from on the Wii Virtual Console. I'm surprised we didn't anything else thought.

Hudson's death really makes me sad. Not only because of how bad it is towards Nintendo and gamers in general, but also because Hagane will almost certainly never get a Virtual Console release. Dang game is so incredibly expensive to get.

D

Deleted member

They're in financial trouble as their gamling industry assure that they're just fine. What is happening, however, is that there turmoil between Kojima and Konami. Kojima basically got fired and people are very worried about what this means for the Metal Gear Solid franchise.
I kinda feel less worried about the state of Metal Gear. Some controversy is brought up about Kojima and then the next game is made. I just don't know if I should take something like this seriously.

I wonder if it would be possible for Bomberman to have a competitive scene of sort. I'd definitely would consider participating in one myself. But yeah, Bomberman multi-player is a blast.

There's a reason why Bomberman '93, Bomberman '94, and Panic Bomberman from the Turbografx-16 were the only Virtual Console releases; that's because they were likely the best games Bomberman could pull from on the Wii Virtual Console. I'm surprised we didn't anything else thought.

Hudson's death really makes me sad. Not only because of how bad it is towards Nintendo and gamers in general, but also because Hagane will almost certainly never get a Virtual Console release. Dang game is so incredibly expensive to get.
Maybe. It's possible, but I think that there are too many random elements that keep it from being competitive. You can win them by skill definitely, but some battles are won through luck from getting good items; the best Bomberman player in the world could potentially lose to a first time player if they are screwed from not getting as many good items. I know some people tried to make competitive Mario Kart a thing, but the random elements held it back (and some other factors, I believe).

Bomberman had some pretty limited releases on the Virtual Console. Outside of those three games, we also got Bomberman Hero on the Nintendo 64. Surprisingly, we didn't get anything from the Super Bomberman series or even the original Bomberman. It's understandable as to why we didn't get the N64 games outside of Hero; some features would be impossible to use without the memory pack. I am hoping the Wii U can do something like create extra data purely for the memory pack so that we can at least get more games.

Oh yeah, that is a pretty big shame. :(

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was just reading a Bomberman thread on Gaf and I learned something. This was one of the last games made by Hudson.

It happened to feature a cameo by Bomberman!

...This means that the ONLY Nintendo home or handheld console to never feature Bomberman is the Wii U.

D

Deleted member

I was just reading a Bomberman thread on Gaf and I learned something. This was one of the last games made by Hudson.

It happened to feature a cameo by Bomberman!

...This means that the ONLY Nintendo home or handheld console to never feature Bomberman is the Wii U.
Whoa! That's impressive! :eek: I'm admittedly pretty surprised! Nice find!

Relevant.
I... I will never ever unsee this.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Whoa! That's impressive! :eek: I'm admittedly pretty surprised! Nice find!.
Yup, with this game accounted for Bomberman has appeared on the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, and 3DS. Just needs a Wii U game now!

D

Deleted member

Yup, with this game accounted for Bomberman has appeared on the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, and 3DS. Just needs a Wii U game now!
Or at least a Wii U appearance. He has quite the impressive track record, probably as good as Mega Man's.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Or at least a Wii U appearance. He has quite the impressive track record, probably as good as Mega Man's.
He beats out Megaman (and everyone else) if he gets a Wii U game as he was one of the few third party characters to get a game on the Virtual Boy.

James McKigney

Smash Rookie
NNID
KOManiacJim
3DS FC
0920-2290-3202
I voted for bomberman alongside Snake and Simon Belmot (Mentioned) because Konami's trio will be awesome. I can think of the trailer in which Bomberman would be featured.

It begins on a rainy day and Bomberman is walking along thinking He's all washed up. Then Solid Snake calls Bomberman through his communicator (The two will appear alongside each other) telling him that heroes are wanted in the smash universe and that Bomberman is the multiplayer game that People first played so it would be a cinch. Bomberman dashes to the "Help Wanted" Board and sure enough the Smash Emblem was posted onto one of the notes. Snake is alongside him and asks him "Ready to go back into action?" Bomberman Cheerfully Yells out "RIGHT ON!" And the two konami explosive duos gets their Introduction taglines:

Solid Snake Reporting for Duty!

Bomberman Returns to the Battlefield!

Top Bottom