• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I should have shown my support for Bomberman here a long time ago. He is my absolute #1 pick for the Smash Ballot. Go, Bomberman!

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
You know, my brother and I both voted for him. I got all jumpy when I saw Mewtwo and I didn't care about his entrance half as much as Bomberman's. I'd be insanely disappointed if someone like K. Rool got in over him, so I might also just be setting myself up for disappointment, but I still believe in him and Nintendo recently looking into Hudson properties.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now, we can only hope that Bomberman gets into SSB4. :confused:
Well, we can spread the word, but I dunno how effective that will be now... the ballot is over with.
...Perhaps we should get a head start for the next game.

Meshmaster101

Smash Cadet
It'd be awesome if people could give some criticism on my moveset that I made for Bomberman.
-Combo 1- Punch (Right Hand)
-Combo 2- Punch (Left Hand)
-Combo 3- Kick
-Dash Attack- Roller Skates - Bomberman suddenly skates forward with roller skates on, then follows up with a kick.
-Side Tilt- Bomb Kick - Bomberman does a kick, that is able to move bombs around.
-Up Tilt- Roundhouse Kick
-Down Tilt- Boot Kick - Bomberman crouches down and kicks, making his leg slide across the stage.
-Side Smash- Punch - Bomberman does a strong punch.
-Down Smash- Name N/A - Bomberman holds two bombs on the ground to both his sides, then the bombs explode.
-Up Smash- Name N/A - Bomberman holds one bomb upwards then the bomb explodes.
-Neutral Air- Bomb Hold - Bomberman takes out a bomb and it explodes. Bomberman gains 4% when he uses this move.
-Back Air- Back Kick - Bomberman kicks his heel behind himself.
-Forward Air- Flip Kick - Bomberman flips clockwise then kicks his leg downward. If it hits with the heel, it can spike opponents.
-Down Air- Bomb Drop - Bomberman throws a Bomb downwards. Explodes on impact.
-Grab Tactic- Bomberman sweeps his arms across his body.
-Pummel- Bomberman headbutts his opponent.
-Forward Throw- Bomberman tosses his opponent to the ground, causing them to bounce up.
-Back Throw- Bomberman spins around once, then throws his opponent, like Mario's Back Throw.
-Up Throw- Bomberman punts his opponent upwards.
-Down Throw- Bomberman grabs his opponent by the legs and bashes him/her into the ground.
-B- Bomb - Bomberman throws a bomb. He can charge it to a medium sized Bomb, and a Power Bomb. It explodes in 5 seconds, unless you are charging it.
-Side B- Salt Bomb - Bomberman will roll a Salt Bomb on the ground. It does half the damage of a small Bomb.
-Down B- Remote Bomb - Bomberman places down a bomb. Works the same as Snake's C4, but without the stickiness.
-Up B- Jetpack - Bomberman rockets up while wearing a jetpack.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I was listening to the Super Bomberman 3 soundtrack and when this song started playing, I nearly started crying lol

This game and Bomberman 4 were part of my childhood. <3

Reila

Available where? If you mean in general, I deeply recommend Super Bomberman 3, Super Bomberman 4 and Saturn Bomberman.

Reila

I meant in general, yeah. Probably not going to be able to get anything without an emulator
It's definitely not easy to find the games I mentioned nowadays. You can buy them, but the prices will be quite high. While I don't judge those who emulate games (legally or illegally), I would be careful with talking about emulation here. It's kind of a grey area and I have been warned for less in this forum :p

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Bomberman Live/Battlefest is good for WiiWare, Xbox Live or PSN too. Bomberman DS was my first Bomberman and has a pretty fun single player mode. Both are great multiplayer games.

Bomberman 64 is also good as a 3D platformer, but I'm not sure if it's on Virtual Console.

Shök

Smash Champion
Bomberman 64 is my all-time favorite. Bomberman Hero is also pretty good. I never got to play Bomberman 64: The Second Attack. :(

Meshmaster101

Smash Cadet
Oh if anyone hasn't noticed, I made Bomberman a signature, if anyone wants to use it they totally can.

yani

Smash Lord
I really hope Bomberman gets in. I miss him so much. I wish Konami would at least throw us a bone with Bomberman games on the Wii U VC.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
What are the best Bomberman games available? All I have is some DSiware game
Bomberman 64 is my highest recommendation. It was my first Bomberman, and it's pretty fun, but if you have 3 friends, it can get really fun in the battle mode. Battle mode is the standard for all Bomberman games in my opinion. The only other games I can recommend that I've played are two GameCube games that don't get much mention. Bomberman Generation and Bomberman Jetters. They have the same adventure and light platforming aspect of 64, but the battle mode is the more traditional grid-based style, whereas 64 had arenas you could move freely in.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Are you ready for this!? LETS GO!!!

Aesthetics:

This is his in-game look. He looks much different than how he looks in his other games.
Idle animations:

This is his idle pose, a.k.a when he isn't moving and he's just standing there. He stays still, but not absolutely still. He does breathe a bit.

This is the first idle animation. He taps the toe of his right shoe into the ground and goes back to his regular idle position.

This is the second idle animation. He goes into sleep mode for a bit, but then wakes up in a sudden realization.
Taunts:

This is his up-taunt. He holds his hand in front of himself, lifts his right leg up, and stomps it on the ground; looking at the camera.

The second taunt has bomberman take out a bomb, and roll it along his shoulders.

In the third taunt, bomberman spins around very fast, and then after about a second he stops to do a jumping pose.
Jumps:

Bomberman's jumping animation.

Bomberman's double jump. He curls into a ball until he lands or an attack is used.

His helpless animation. He free falls to the ground and is vulnerable to attacks.
Moving:

His walking animation.

His running animation.
Basic attacks:

His dash attack. Has some start up and a bad amount of cool down, making it very punishable if not used properly. Bomber man lunges at the opponent before sliding on the ground to the front a bit. Has a hit box on his forehead, top of his head, head orb and his hands.
Head orb = 1% damage(3% with rage)
Hands = 2% damage(4% with rage)
Top of his head = 5% damage(9% with rage)
Forehead = 7% damage(11% with rage)
All together = 15% damage.(27% with rage)

Bomberman's jabbing animations.
Jab 1: throws out a left hook. Deals 3%(4% with rage)
Jab 2: throws out a punch. Deal 3%(4% with rage)
Jab 3: kicks the opponent with a high knee kick. Deals 6%(9% with rage)
Damage dealt in total: 12%(17% with rage)

His down tilt. Does 2% damage each time. Comes out relatively quick. He sticks out his leg and foot to trip the opponent.

His forward tilt. Does 4%(6% with rage) damage each time. Comes out a bit slower than his down tilt. He kicks out his leg side ways. Can be tilted up and down diagonally.

His up tilt. Does 8% damage each time. Comes out slower than the others, but is easy to hit with. He swings the orb on the back of his head horizontally.
Smash Attacks:

His down smash. Does 11%(23% with rage) damage each time. Comes out a bit fast and slow at the same time. He does the split on the ground fast and strongly.
His forward smash. Has two hits each.
Hit one = 10% damage(16% with rage)
Hit two = 15% damage.(30% with rage)
Together does a total of 25% damage(46% with rage)
He takes out a stick of dynamite and swings it at the opponent. The first hit has the stick hit the opponent, while the second hit has the stick of dynamite explode. Not very easy to land but very powerful. Can be tilted upwards and downwards diagonally like other characters' down smashes.

His up smash. Does 9%(14% with rage)damage each time. Has little to no start up and a little cool down, so it is possible to punish. He holds his head behind his back for a bit, and when charged, brutally head butts the opponent upwards horizontally.
Aerials:

His bair(back air). Does 10% damage and kills at around the 130's(100's with rage). Leaves bomber with some landing lag, so it is possible to punish it. He thrusts his feet at the oponent from behind him.
His dair(down air). Does 3 damage for the first 5 hits and 6% damage for the last one. Has spiking potential and easy to land.
First-Fourth hit = 3% damage (all together = 12% damage)
Final hit = 6% damage.
All together does 18% damage.
His legs turn into drills and drills into the opponents.

His fair(forward air). Does 7% damage if up close and 4% damage from a bit far away. Has spiking potential, but harder to land do to lots of start up. He punches downwards in the air.

His nair(neutral air). Does 5%(8% damage with rage)damage. He does a "sex kick" which means it's stronger during the initial thrust and weaker afterward.

His up air. Does 6% damage. He swings his right leg behind his head while spinning around in a circle once in mid-air.
Specials:

His down special. Has a hit box on his foot that deals .59%(a full 1% with rage)damage. The bomb itself can hit while gliding on the floor to deal 3%(5% with rage). The explosion of the bomb deals 10%. This can also be used in the air. It falls diagonally downwards and deals 10% damage when exploding.
Foot = .59% damage(1% with rage)
Bomb(gliding) = 3%(5% with rage)
Bomb(explosion) = 10%
All together does 13.59%(16% with rage)

His neutral special. He throws a tiny bomb at opponents. Deals 5% each time used. Can also be used in the air. It falls diagonally downwards and deals 5% damage.
His side special. This is Louie, bomber's kangaroo from Bomberman Hero. This kangaroo has a hit box on his head and his tail when he turns around. His head does 9%(14% with rage)damage and his tail does 6%(11% with rage) damage. He can hop around by pressing the jump button while riding him. Pressing side b again dismounts bomber from him. The limit of riding Louie is 10 seconds. After that he tires out and stops moving. If on the ground and the 10 seconds are up, Louie goes to sleep and disappears, automatically dismounting bomber. This gives bomber a few frames of invincibility. If in midair, bomber will be stuck to Louie and they will both be in a helpless state, vulnerable to anything. If he's hit Louie will vanish and bomberman will be able to attack. Jumping with Louie counts as Bomber's jump. He can be aimed midair downwards or upwards diagonally.
Head = 9% damage(14% with rage)
Tail = 6% damage(11% with rage)
Both together do 15% damage(25% with rage).
His up special. This is his jet pack used in Bomberman Hero. It's his main recovery option(with Louie being the second). Unlike Louie however, it only has a hit box if it's detached from Bomberman. Other than that, Bomber can be easily gimped while recovering, since nothing on him has a hit box unless the pack flies off of him. If it does fly off and hit some one, it deals 15% damage.
Jet pack = 15% damage.
Getting hit:

This is bomber's animation that plays when he's hit lightly.

This is the animation that plays when bomber is knocked back a bit.

This animation will play when bomber is sent flying by a strong attack.

If this animation plays, bomber is more than likely going to die. This shows bomber getting hit so hard that DI'ing(directional influence)away would be impossible. He wouldn't be able to move or any thing.

This is what happens if bomberman doesn't tech the ground after falling when not in a helpless state.

This is what happens if bomberman does tech the ground.

This is what's happened if some one foot stools bomberman.
Final Smash:

This is what bomber looks like when he has broken the final smash ball.

This is bomber's final smash. A giant bomb is placed in the middle, and players have ten seconds to get away from it before it explodes. Mean while, smaller bombs that deal 5% each try to hit the opponents to knock them closer to the bomb. Who ever is caught in the bomb explosion will receive 45% damage. At least 16 bombs drop the whole time.
If each 16 bombs hits one person the damage given = 80%
The explosion = 45% damage
All together = 125% damage
Grabs and being grabbed:

This is bomberman's grab. It has pretty poor range.

This is bomberman being grabbed.

This is an example of what bomber's grab looks like.

This is bomber's pummel. He knees the opponent in their torsos. Deals 2-3% damage each time depending on rage.

This is bomber being grab released.
Victory screens:
This is Nitros from Bomberman Hero. In this victory screen, bomber looks around for a bit, and Nitros runs through him out of nowhere, causing him to fly up. Bomber then lands on his bottom.
This screen shows Bomberman riding around on Louie from different sides of the screen, then finally stopping in the center in the pose shown above.
This is Pibot from Bomberman Hero. In this victory screen, Pibot travels around bomber in a circle while Bomber tries to follow him by looking at him. Pibot then speeds up and causes Bomberman to get dizzy right before running off the screen.
Special KOs:

This is bomber's screen KO.

This is his star KO.
Shielding, sneaking and dodging:

This is what happens when bomber's shield breaks.

This is bomber shielding.

This shows bomber's tip toeing animation.

This is him spot dodging.

This is him air dodging.

This is him rolling.
Ledge mechanisms:

This is bomber on the ledge. This leaves him exposed to ledge attacks.

This is bomber's ledge attack that happens when he gets up on the ledge and attacks.
Other:

This is what happens when Jigglypuff uses its sing or some thing else causes bomber man to sleep.

This is bomber with the golden hammer

This is what happens when bomber gets second-8th place. He folds his arms and faces the other way with his eyes closed.
Trophies:

Bomber man's 1st trophy.
Description:
Bomberman, sometimes referred to as White Bomberman, is the main protagonist of the Bomberman series. He is the primary representative of the Bomberman people, who became the dominant inhabitants of Planet Bomber. Like all Bombermen, he has the ability to generate bombs in his hands. There are many incarnations of him represented in the different games of the series, which do not usually keep a consistent description of the character. He is often saving his home planet, the galaxy, or even the universe from disaster.

Bomber man's 2nd trophy.
Description:
Using bomber's neutral special throws bombs at opponents. It's weak but can be a pretty good spacing tool for defensive play. Almost all of his specials and aerials are a reference to his home series. He's one of the few characters that can spike with two aerials. His down air, which is is the easiest to spike with, and his forward air, which requires proper spacing to pull off. All around, bomber's basically a half projectile half melee heavy character.
Bomber man's 3rd trophy.
Description:
Though bomberman is a robot just like Megaman, he's considerably light. He can get killed as early as 80% because of this, but his strong attacks make up for this. His side special Louie can be used as a recovering option along with his up special. Just remember a few things: he can still be attacked while using his up special and side special, and Louie's jumps also count as his jumps, so using them all up puts Bomber and Louie in a helpless state. He also can't do attacks other than hitting with Louie's head and tail while riding the kangaroo.
Alt. Costumes:

All of bomberman's costumes.
Throws:

His down throw. He throws the opponent on the ground while quickly jabbing at them from above. Has little knock back so it's a good combo starter. Is multi hit.
First two hits = 3% damage each
Third and fourth hits = 2% damage each
Final hit = 2% damage
All together = 12% damage

His back throw. He swings the opponent in a circle twice before throwing them behind him. This is a common back throw between characters. Has decent knock back and can kill at the 130's.
Throwing damage = 6%

His forward throw. He throws the opponent at the ground hardly and fastly causing them to fly upwards. Unlike most throws, when the opponent hits the ground they take damage, and when they're being thrown at the ground they take damage. Has great knock back and can kill at 109% at the edge if no DI is inputted.
Before hitting the ground = 1.5% damage
Hitting the ground = 4% damage
All together = 5.5% damage or 5% damage

His up throw. He throws the opponent in the air. Has above average knock back and a small amount of lag.
Throwing damage = 5%
Miscellaneous:

Bomber's side view

Bomber's back view

His icon(s)

His alternate costumes

The character select icon

Smash Bros. 3DS character select icon

His different stock icons
Tier list placement
Considering bomber's light weight and medium speed, bomber can be quite easily KO'd. He would be able to die at 40% by a charged forward smash by Ganondorf is close to the edge. A couple of his moves have a big amount of lag, especially his dash attack. Most of his aerials have lots of landing lag too. He's a character that's good for zoning and rush down at the same time. Fighting with projectiles isn't that hard to do with him, just like it's not hard to fight in up-close melee. His forward smash can kill really early by the edge considering how much percent it does. However, he is easily gimpable and his side recovery isn't all ways reliable. In placements of tiers, Bomber man might be placed in B- or C+.

Last edited:

Reila

New Bomberman game!... a mobile game!
At least he is not dead.

Might be a good game. At least it seems to be on the vein of the classic SNES titles and not on some of the weird newer titles.

D

Deleted member

Here is the link to the new thread in oni's group!

I basically copied and pasted the original post, but I changed some things around. The poll will only have a "Yes" option (I made it so that I don't always have to go back to the OP, edit it, and add a name).

Bomberman 64 is also good as a 3D platformer, but I'm not sure if it's on Virtual Console.
Unfortunately it's not on the Virtual Console, and I don't think that it will be on the Wii U one knowing Konami.
I think it has to do with the Memory Pak, which the game used to save costumes for the player.

New Bomberman game!... a mobile game!
At least he is not dead.

At least it's... err... something.

So... when there's gonna be a new thread in oni's group?
I made it just now!

Top Bottom