• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters

Coolforkrool

Smash Rookie
Okay, so it's a Smash Bros. fangame, Bomberman is playable in that game and they managed to create a decent moveset for him.
Maybe ill have to check it out, because that sounds pretty dope.

Just to be clear, I'm all for bomberman! I'm obsessed with BM64 and I loved BMH, but I just think that with the state of Konami and his lack of diversity as a character, it makes his chances smaller.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Personally, I find that moveset way too generic with many of his moves and hate that you can't interact with your bombs in any way but set them off, even though bombs with fuses should go off by themselves.
I'm pretty sure you can kick them around stage. I haven't played it in a while though, so I'm not sure.

As for me, I think all bombs should have a time limit (like 4 or 5 seconds), and shouldn't explode on contact (like the games). You should be able to switch between them to give them certain effects (like Pac-Man does only you can hold onto them after you choose). I feel that there's a lot of potential in floating bombs (setting traps in the sky, kind of like throwing the melon in the sky). I also think that bombs should work as a barrier on the ground, so like if you lay one down your opponent can't just run through it (like the games). Max of 3 bombs at a time.

Edit: Just imagine mixing the floating bomb idea, with your volley ball spike attack idea. Lots of potential there.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure you can kick them around stage. I haven't played it in a while though, so I'm not sure.
As for me, I think all bombs should have a time limit (like 4 or 5 seconds), and shouldn't explode on contact (like the games). You should be able to switch between them to give them certain effects (like Pac-Man does only you can hold onto them after you choose). I feel that there's a lot of potential in floating bombs (setting traps in the sky, kind of like throwing the melon in the sky). I also think that bombs should work as a barrier on the ground, so like if you lay one down your opponent can't just run through it (like the games). Max of 3 bombs at a time.
Edit: Just imagine mixing the floating bomb idea, with your volley ball spike attack idea. Lots of potential there.
Nope, SSF2's bomb kick can only kick players.
My bombs were intended to be timed much like Link's, explosion on contact only occurs when Bomberman's moves cause it to.
I'm not sure how I feel about using the helicopter bombs (the ones that float in place) but I do agree that Super Spike and Fuse Lighter are both rather too reliant on getting bombs into the air, which currently only occurs when you lauch them with Power Upper or drop and fast fall from a high height.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Nope, SSF2's bomb kick can only kick players.
My bombs were intended to be timed much like Link's, explosion on contact only occurs when Bomberman's moves cause it to.
I'm not sure how I feel about using the helicopter bombs (the ones that float in place) but I do agree that Super Spike and Fuse Lighter are both rather too reliant on getting bombs into the air, which currently only occurs when you lauch them with Power Upper or drop and fast fall from a high height.
I think what's special about Bomberman's bombs is that they don't explode on contact. Having a time limit on each bomb would make them ideal for setups. Maybe certain bombs detonation time could be controlled so they wouldn't leave the player helpless all the time, but for the most part, I would prefer the explosion to be time based.

I also think that Bomberman should be the only one able to move them, and walk right past them. Giving him major zoning advantages.

cothero

Smash Lord
I think what's special about Bomberman's bombs is that they don't explode on contact. Having a time limit on each bomb would make them ideal for setups. Maybe certain bombs detonation time could be controlled so they wouldn't leave the player helpless all the time, but for the most part, I would prefer the explosion to be time based.

I also think that Bomberman should be the only one able to move them, and walk right past them. Giving him major zoning advantages.
Yep. Bomberman would replace Snake perfectly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
THIS IS UNBELIVEABLE!!! HOW DID SOMEONE MAKE THE BOMBERMAN SMASHIFIED RENDER IN 3D MODEL PRFECTLY!?
Holy hell, sounds like a Bomberman fan that is extremely dedicated to the idea of his being in Smash. I wonder if people would be more motivated to vote for him when they see this.

Calane

Smash Ace
When discussing Bomberman's move set, why does it seem like people forget about the elemental bombs? They could have his down "B" switch the element of the bombs he uses, each one causing different effects. Like, say, the Wind Bomb just blows people away without damaging them at all, the Ice Bomb freezes them in place for a moment, the Magma Bomb (or Navarm Bomb, whatever) is multi-hitting but doesn't have any knockback, etc. We could also toss in the transformations from Bomberman Hero, like using the Bomber Copter as his up "B". While using the Bomber Copter, he could drop bombs below him, like in the game.

I can think of a lot of things Bomberman could do in Smash.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
When discussing Bomberman's move set, why does it seem like people forget about the elemental bombs? They could have his down "B" switch the element of the bombs he uses, each one causing different effects. Like, say, the Wind Bomb just blows people away without damaging them at all, the Ice Bomb freezes them in place for a moment, the Magma Bomb (or Navarm Bomb, whatever) is multi-hitting but doesn't have any knockback, etc. We could also toss in the transformations from Bomberman Hero, like using the Bomber Copter as his up "B". While using the Bomber Copter, he could drop bombs below him, like in the game.

You should make a move set.

D

Deleted member

THIS IS UNBELIVEABLE!!! HOW DID SOMEONE MAKE THE BOMBERMAN SMASHIFIED RENDER IN 3D MODEL PRFECTLY!?
Holy hell, that is incredible! Now that is pretty talented.

just gonna put this here.
Those look amazing as well.
To be honest, I never saw his hands, feet, and the thing on his head as glass. It's weird, but pretty creative.

I've been thinking about how they could be incorporated. A moveset would need to be made around it on how it can work.
I think something like having the neutral special change his bomb type and every move involving bombs changes it.

LiX

Smash Rookie
Casting my vote here! Bomberman is actually a great idea. I used to play the old Bomberman stuff way back then. Seeing him in smash would surely awaken nostalgic feelings.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Up Tilt - Lightning Card: Bomberman pulls a dark purple card marked with a yellow lightning bolt from his belt and swipes it upwards before charging it with electricity above his head in a pose reminiscent of that from the Jetters anime. The card is only slightly larger than Bomberman's hand and during the swipe it will hit for 2% and a tiny amount of upward knockback which won't even come close to killing at 300%. After that, it will spark 3 times, dealing 1% each but stunning for an unusually long time. No knockback on these hits though and the whole move has small hitboxes that make it somewhat unsafe.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I found an old unfinished Bomberman moveset, read through it if you really want.

Bomberman (Bomberman Universe)
First Appearance - Bomberman / Bakudan Otoko (1983)
Latest Appearance - Bomberman (iOS) (2014)
Home Stage - Nekki Moon (Bomberman Generation)

Entrance - Louie brings Bomberman onto the stage. - http://bomberman.wikia.com/wiki/Louie_(character)

Idle - Bomberman looks at the screen moving his arms around

Dizzy (Shield Break) - Bomberman gets his 'dizzy' eyes with bombs floating above him

AAA Combo - Punch, Punch, Kick, going somewhat off the ground with the kick

U-Tilt - Uppercut
S-Tilt - Bomberman does a Bomb Kick
D-Tilt - Bomberman does a sweeping kick

Dash Animation - Bomberman jogs forward

Dash Attack - Bomberman does a baseball slide

Get-Up Attack - Bomberman causes an exlposion, which the shockwave also bounces him up

Ledge Attack 0% - 99% - Bomberman kicks himself up onto the stage
Ledge Attack 100%+ - Bomberman does a weak baseball slide onto stage

F-Smash - Bomberman does a shoulder bash

U-Smash - Bomberman flips and kicks the opponent

D-Smash - Bomberman break dances

N-Spec - Bomb - Bomberman charges up a bomb (similar to a Bomb Charge in Bomberman 64). After a bomb is thrown it's like a time bomb. It takes awhile until it actually explodes. Bomberman can set bombs on the ground, throw them in front of him, and throw them above him! If Bomberman throws a bomb ontop of another one it will create a Bomb Bounce. This will lead to more interesting ways of setting up bombs. (Bomberman can be damaged by these bombs)

S-Spec - Elemental Bomb - Bomberman has a huge assortment of bombs! Bomberman will throw these elemental bombs straight forward, they also do not Bomb Bounce off of the normal bombs. They explode right away though. Here is their set order (Bomberman cannot be damaged by these bombs) -
Wind Bomb (Second Attack Design) - Has a small hitbox in the center, while the sides on the left and right is a wind box.
Navarm Bomb - A bomb explosion that's goes horizontal, with barely any vertical height.
Gravity Bomb - A bomb with a range of a small bomb, this bomb really tries to pull you in though, damaging you over time the longer you stand in it.
Rubber Bomb - A bomb that has no real strength in damage or knockback, but bounces people back like a Bumper!
Poison Bomb - A bomb that has no knockback, but gives the opponent a poison effect.

D-Spec - Skull (Virus) - Bomberman curses himself with the Virus item. He can pass this onto other players by attacking the opponent, and vice versa. This item is a real risk taker. Only one can be on stage at a time. It takes 30 seconds for it to recharge after it disappears from the field. The effect lasts 15 seconds. It could be one of these random effects -
Rapid Pace Disease - This curse gives the opponent intense speed, and shrinks
Slow Pace Disease - This curse makes the opponent slower, and grows
Constapation - The opponent cannot use Smash attacks or Specials

U-Spec - Rocket - Basically exactly like R.O.B.'s Project M Up-B, it's just doesn't go as far as R.O.B.'s.

Final Smash - Red Bomb - Bomberman will charge up a Red Bomb, you can move around in this state, and whenever you see a shine around the bomb you are allowed to press the 'Attack' button you throw the fully charged Red Bomb.

N-Air - Bomberman kicks at a diagonal angle

D-Air - Bomberman lunges head down into the ground, and on impact there is an explosion, he bounces backward after this impact

Forward Throw - Bomberman holds an opponent similarly to how he'd Bomb Charge, he can move the opponent similar to Donkey Kong's forward throw.

Victory Music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClxH8n8Fpsg

Win 1 - Bomberman and Pommy jump around then do a pose.

Win 2 - Bomberman fists the air and puts his arms on his sides.

Win 3 - Part of his Bomberman 64 victory

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can someone explain for me why Bomberman is wearing Goku clothes?
Bomberman X Dragon Ball Z same universe confirmed?
I'll tell you why...
It's because Bomberman is secretly a Super Saiyan and we have only seen a fraction of his true power!

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That survey was weird. Didn't mention console of choice or anything. Either way I screwed it up, never mentioned Bomberman for Smash. Thought there would be an additional comments box eventually and ended up missing out.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So Konami made a big survey of what of his old franquises the fans want to see next....and Bomberman is on the list........you know what to vote for.., :p

http://mobilesurvey.blicx.com/
Interesting. I voted for Castlevania* and Bomberman / PC only, since there's no "PC and console" option and PC is definitely the priority for me.

*Unsure if I still care about that series now that Koji Igarashi is developing Bloodstained.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So Konami made a big survey of what of his old franquises the fans want to see next....and Bomberman is on the list........you know what to vote for.., :p

http://mobilesurvey.blicx.com/
Said that I want a proper revival to Parodius, a new Bombrman title that takes some cues from 64, and a Castlevania game that returns to the gameplay we all know and love. Most of my choices would have to be console because ....... to hell with tablet and mobile gaming! Hopefully those bozos actually listen when they see this.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Said that I want a proper revival to Parodius, a new Bombrman title that takes some cues from 64, and a Castlevania game that returns to the gameplay we all know and love. Most of my choices would have to be console because ....... to hell with tablet and mobile gaming! Hopefully those bozos actually listen when they see this.
Had similar choices, but added Goemon. All console just like you, not really interested in mobile or tablet. Kind of upset there was no Frogger present.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I just wanna say for that survey: I told Konami to give Bomberman a new game ((following the gameplay of games like Jetters, World and 64)) and to add him in Smash Bros, considering the fact this is really the only way they can survive not hitting the ****ter. This is why you don't kill off a well known mascot. Look what Capcom did with Mega Man originally and they were in some deep ****, they only started pulling themselves back up with Mega Man and Ryu, really.

Done.

I said that I only care about Bomberman and that I wished for a surprise inclusion in Smash Bros.
*PacManThumbsUp.JPG*

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
As you may be able to tell, I've been watching Bomberman Online playthroughs and they've inspired me a little.
Grab: Bomberman performs a rather generic sweeping hand motion to grab his foe, then lifts them upward slightly like he does his bombs when pumping them. This loosely resembles Ganondorf's end to his forward special. Smaller characters will be lifted off their feet by this move, while larger ones not, causing a bit of discrepency between how characters escape.

Pummel - Fist Pump: Sadly nothing more than a small, piston-like fist motion that deals ~2% damage per hit. Pretty generic but is symbolic of bomb pumping still.

Up Throw - Flip Kick: Bomberman throws his opponent upwards and performs a backflip to kick them a mere after they leave his hands. This move is his quickest throw and has next to no ending lag but that has little relevance outside of teams and free for alls. Does ~7% damage and decent knockback at a 5 degree backwards angle, killing at around 150%.

Forward Throw - Earthquaker: This time Bomberman performs his throw backhanded, chucking the foe to the ground and dropping to his non-existant knees to punch them, doing ~7% damage and summoning a small murder of crows to carry them away. the distance they travel is a set ~1.8 stagebuilder blocks forwards and ~0.7 up before dissapearing, giving this throw an unusally fixed amount of knockback that simply will not kill on non-walk off stages. As the crows go, they will peck 4 times for ~2% percent each.

Down Throw - Marine Bomb: Letting go of his enemy, Bomberman quickly places light blue bombs beneath them which equally quickly explode with water, doing around 12% damage and chucking his foe sky high in a maelstrom torrent that will kill at about 120%.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd like him to be based off the Bomberman 64/TAS form.

His specials would be:
B: Drop Bomb/Pump bomb
He normal drops a bomb but if you are touching a bomb he will pick it up and pump it up bigger for a bigger blast radius and more damage.
Side B: Water Bomb
It'll freeze opponents and the more pumped up the longer they'll be frozen.
Up B: Wind Bomb
On the ground it'll push an enemy away and be able to be pumped up. In the air It will blow up immediately sending Bomberman airborne and if it's tagging an opponent they will be sent downward in a spike.
Down B: Light Bomb
It creates a dome that varies on size depending on how big it is, it does more damage and stun depending on the size.
Final Smash: Gravity Bomb
Bomberman pulls out a gravity bomb, pumps it up to max and it explodes, k.o.ing anyone within the blast.

His A moves involve punches and kicks.

I support Bomberman as one of my few third-party picks. I think he should be able to place about three bombs around the stage before blowing them up remotely. There should also be some way to determine whether the bomb's blast has a + or × shape. Lastly, it would only be appropriate if he could be harmed by his own blast, so he can't just get away with putting hitboxes all over the stage.

Not sure about any specific moves. Maybe his grab-jab could involve pieing his victim in the face with a bomb. I would not have an aversion to generic punches, kicks or body blows to fill out the A-button moves, as long as the character is preserved.

Last edited:
Top Bottom