• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I wish i could go but it's just way too far from NC :[
also will good **** at LIRR, I've watched some of your matches like 3 times over to see the tricks you did to people. I'm not going to lose to a snake in NC ever again (then again none of them are Fatal).

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I wish i could go but it's just way too far from NC :[
also will good **** at LIRR, I've watched some of your matches like 3 times over to see the tricks you did to people. I'm not going to lose to a snake in NC ever again (then again none of them are Fatal).
Thanks! I honestly feel that I should have won that set, but I didn't compensate for how much more aggressive I would have to play on FD since I couldn't ban it. I needed to go in more haha. I felt on point game 2 though =)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I wish I could go to WHOBO4 but it's just too much for me. I'm really trying to be at Apex though!

Also Will you gotta stop SDing in doubles man! Like I know the feeling where you're watching everybody BUT yourself and then you realize you're charging giant punch off stage and you panic... but it's such a hype killer!

Went to a tourney (or a RanBat??) last night, had a ton of fun. I'll report more when actual results come back and not just my word.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I wish I could go to WHOBO4 but it's just too much for me. I'm really trying to be at Apex though!

Also Will you gotta stop SDing in doubles man! Like I know the feeling where you're watching everybody BUT yourself and then you realize you're charging giant punch off stage and you panic... but it's such a hype killer!

Went to a tourney (or a RanBat??) last night, had a ton of fun. I'll report more when actual results come back and not just my word.
Lol, it was mostly just my frustration that got to me. Our stocks vanished toward the end of the match after we would be doing so well in the beginning.

It happened throughout the day, and is based on my doubles playstyle of planking-- my teammate loses all their stocks before I do. I need to play support a bit better.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Had a super weird top 6 pool, playing vs 2 DDDs, 1 Diddy, 1 TL, and a Fox.
This being said... Will I'd really like to hear your thoughts on how to play vs Fox and how to play vs TL. Playing it IRL vs watching your matches with NAKAT and such is a lot different. I feel I did really well in both these match-ups but any advice is good advice.

crifer

Smash Lord
This being said... Will I'd really like to hear your thoughts on how to play vs Fox and how to play vs TL. Playing it IRL vs watching your matches with NAKAT and such is a lot different. I feel I did really well in both these match-ups but any advice is good advice.
I´m not Will, but.... I main Fox and DK , so I feel like I know the MU better than anyone I´ve ever met...
Mostly.... don´t run into him, facing him. If you do this you have no reliable answer to his fair.
Approach mainly with your back facing him. If he commits to a dash or run, drift away in the air and bair or dj bair. retreating bair is pretty safe against him. Minimize sh doube bair (only retreating), good foxes will punish between the bairs.
If you hit the fox with a few bairs (so he´s afraif of your foot :D) try airdoge to grab mixups.
If he tries to approach above you walk/run away and bair him, when he comes down. Fox aerial mobility is rather bad.
Never try to shieldgrab a bair, it´s safe on shield (except when powershielded and spaced poorly).
If you get hit by fair try to DI down and into him, because fox fair has a rising motion. If you get hit by dair simply press to the left/right/away and try to powershield the utilt/usmash (fox can grab though).
ftilt is not safe on his shield. dtilt should be safe. Try to get fox offstage and keep him there with bair/invincicopter.

So its basically approach with your back/bair really slowly. charge your punch and get, keep him offstage.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Mostly.... don´t run into him, facing him. If you do this you have no reliable answer to his fair.
I sorta noticed this but at the same time running up-b feels really effective vs the character.
Approach mainly with your back facing him. If he commits to a dash or run, drift away in the air and bair or dj bair. retreating bair is pretty safe against him. Minimize sh doube bair (only retreating), good foxes will punish between the bairs.
Yeah mfw I got hit in-between SH Double B-air. Rising b-air in general just doesn't work, even when trying to juggle and stuff. You gotta drop it down with them alongside their fall, I think.
If you hit the fox with a few bairs (so he´s afraif of your foot :D) try airdoge to grab mixups.
Actually this is something I really like to hear, because after a while I was having difficulty finding my grabs and it's probably what cost me the set. Grab vs Fox is so good.
If he tries to approach above you walk/run away and bair him, when he comes down. Fox aerial mobility is rather bad.
I definitely noticed how bad his aerial mobility is. I didn't think of applying it like this because usually when DK runs away, his foot gets tagged. But I noticed when juggling/etc. it was really easy to see where he was landing and punish it. I mean shine makes it tricky but there's only so much it can do.

Thanks Crifer! Yeah I shoulda said anybody else is free to ring in, I just thought that Will was the only one experienced in these match-ups at first (with NAKAT and Kingtoon and such).

crifer

Smash Lord
No problem.
yeah falling bair while you´re in the air, rising is only safe if you retreat it (which I think DK´s should use a lot more. appoaching bair is sooooo not safe.
Most of the people wait too long for fox coming down attacking/poking their shield, which is pretty dumb.

Stew sucks

Wolverine Crifer is da bess

he downB'd me dead on luigi's mansion :(
I´m sooooo sorry... (not really). Did not remember I did this to you, but yeah goold old times with LM legal :D
And how do you know that people claim I look like wolverine? :D

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
good stuff at Whobo will your singles matches were really good, doubles was fun to watch but didn't seem like your tactics were always stable.
I'm worse so I can't talk much but I gotta say
you have to stop fully charging punch while your partner's getting 2v1ed, I know you're weighing the consequences and deciding to charge and run in, costing 50 damage on a squirtle, but like
not worth it man.
If you can just run in and ground pound or bair one away, your partner can swat away the other and you get your charges anyway

Tesh

Smash Hero
Will, I will record them for you if you like. Just send me my set with Falln as well. I'll even upload yours FIRST!

And you vs ally was soooooo hype game 1 man.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Thanks guys! =) My sets vs Ryo, ESAM, and Ally were all recorded and are on my Wii. I just have to figure out who to give them to since I don't have a capture card =x
Oh boy this is better than Christmas! These are 3 matches I just have to see. Everything you did at WHOBO was so good. And seeing another Ryo match will be awesome. And I need to know what the hype for you vs Ally was. No spoilers until it gets recorded man!

And if it wasn't clear, good job at WHOBO, it was a tough crowd but you definitely represented in every event.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It worked out pretty well. I'm willing to take an F-Smash to the face if it means victory.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
It worked out pretty well. I'm willing to take an F-Smash to the face if it means victory.
I'm not saying it didn't work, just kinda ironic that some of the magic involves an fsmash trade that didn't need to happen. xD Good stuff though, Will, and still confused how you did better in basic singles than mid-tier singles. xD

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I'm not saying it didn't work, just kinda ironic that some of the magic involves an fsmash trade that didn't need to happen. xD Good stuff though, Will, and still confused how you did better in basic singles than mid-tier singles. xD
I'm not! I SD-ed vs Mc Peepants in winner's bracket and lost game 2 decisively because of that (lost the set 1-2), then had to go up against Ally in loser's bracket of mid tiers (won 2-1) then lost to Reflex (1-2). Lol.

zyth

Smash Lord
recently when i play ppl question why I go for spike so much, then when I spike them twice in a row they are surprised. DK is so fun

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I keep getting a blast in my face when I see Will playing like srs :D
I see a set and I am thinking this will get very hard for Will and dk and yet Will still wins it.
it's amazing

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Neon is the only person who talks in the top 5 thread, to my knowledge. If you want to argue for who the top 5 DK are, you should go do it there.

Top Bottom