• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Ruinn

Smash Ace
I recently on SV, last stock vs. a snake I jumped, platform cancelled fell through, platform cancelled again, fell through DJ bair for the kill, I tried to record it but it wasn't my wii -_-
might have been my greatest DK moment, snake tried to grab me as I fell through then I was back up lollllllll
DJ Bair? da hell is that.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
He did some pretty steezy stuff at Clash of Titans during the past weekend.
Your DK seemed pretty good in teams but naturally he's pretty bad against some characters, so switching to Marth was understandable.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh dude that Toon Link match-up. I can't believe nobody mentioned that when discussing bad match-ups.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
DJ means double jump ruinn, lol. if you double jump bair, then you jump once, then use your double jump and bair. it's normal.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
King toon is iirc a top tl main in U.S.A

and yeah the TL mu
I had a tl in my regio and I always told him tha the mu is bad for dk.
and then he sed "no you are just free lol"

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
King toon is iirc a top tl main in U.S.A

and yeah the TL mu
I had a tl in my regio and I always told him tha the mu is bad for dk.
and then he sed "no you are just free lol"
Tell him to come to 2HOT, whoever he is.
I'll make him look free =)
(inb4 someone better than me tells me the same)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Did anyone notice that this thread hit its two year birthday a few months ago? Man times have flown by.

Edit: LOL nevermind, I think I got confused thinking the dates were in Australian way /day/month/year. It's most probably the other way round.

But nonetheless we should have a party when the day arrives ;D

Anyways good to see some new faces and good to see that Sold2 is still being the most awesome moderator. :)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah Scabe, we still got another month until the 2 year anniversary. I'll draw an incredible MS Paint comic for it or something.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
don't get F'd up
if you see a metaknight try to scare it away with bribes or with strength. bribes work better.
if you see a falco....you're done.
if you see a dedede....punch it int he face and run for the hills.....in and out of game.

BeanBurrito

Smash Cadet
Yeah a big problem is gonna be that I don't have any matchup experience at all vs MK. Or Falco for that matter. But the one smaller tournament I went to, I actually beat a Dedede. But that's probably because he wasn't really even chaingrabbing me at all.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
with MK the good thing is if you play a good MK who doesn't know the matchup, they'll think they do and just juggle with nado. however, if you can land on the ground (again, the MK's not palying right lmao) then the MK most likely won't place the nade perfectly safely, and you can get ftilts and stuff. but if the MK does know what's going on and you don't....you're boned.

if you block a nado and you're shield isn't full, often MK will go in for another. good choice lol. this is a mixture oif luck and skill now. run away a bit, then shield and hold. if you get shield poked, the MK won the best. however, if you shield and not get poked, the MK will sometimes just sit on your shield nadoing for the whole time. it has a really good chance of shield poking so the metaknight really isn't being that outgoing by doing it.
if you can shield it all, punish WELL. it may be the only chance you get.

With falco it's kind of the same thing, how he approaches and if he does (he shouldn't) determines it for you, at least if you don't know the matchup. One interesting mind trick, though: if you're getting grabbed a lot (CG'd I'd hope) and you're not getting past laser spam well, the falco usually won't hesitate to side b straight off the edge, pretty unsafely. use his perceptions of your inability and get really good punishes off of falco's phantasm.

Neon!

Smash Lord
DK use in tournaments seems to be dropping and I've strongly considered switching to another main recently, is there anything we can do to bring DK back?

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I mean for every matchup that is good for DK, there's a character who can handle it better. it's just a matter of it being more fun to play DK and do it. like with Wario, I'm pretty sure that he can handle all but 2 or 3 matchups better than DK regardless of how well DK handles them. I 2nd wario, but I enjoy most of those matchups with DK more. in the end I think with a mid-high char like DK it comes down to enjoyment.
He either needs to rise on the tier list (I think that's pretty much impossible and he's in a good spot) or we just need more people to dedicate themselves to him, make him a more popular character.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
I plan to use dk in impulse, hopefully 1pokemastr does too and will/tejay. There's nothing wrong with using someone else since i mean, in the end dk is dk. but if you do plan to main someone(snake im assuming) never forget dk for the mu's you dont like as snake. ;_;

BeanBurrito

Smash Cadet
Yeah I use DK because he's just really fun to play with, and I love living forever with him. Even though I got bodied at the tournament, I'm gonna keep trying to improve with him.

And I think that new rule is a good idea. Brinstar is really good for DK, but most places I've seen recently have banned both RC and Brinstar from the stage lists.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
*I* use DK when- ...when... WHEN!?

But seriously folks, I use him for Marth and for scrubs, and whenever I go out of OoP to places where DK is foreign, haha.

I use my crappy IC's for Pikachu, Falco, Fox, Snake, everyone...

Even in dubz I've started using gaymanwatch.

Top Bottom