• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
too bad I'm way better offline -_- srry bro.
and yeah please work on that samus thing, god forbid you fight a good samus.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
you kidding me? lol maybe in perfect connection she's better than offline but samus needs crazy precision for everything she does. the only advantage she has on wifi has that other characters get MORE worse than her and that you can uair to followup withiout always getting grabbed because of lag.
oh and Zair...zair hits a lot more on wifi loooool. you have us there, zair is op

Luigi player

Smash Master
Fair ...25-29/59...(Has 30 frames of landing lag and does not auto cancel. Spikes on frames 27-29. Catches items on frames 1-5)
No notice on SA... does it really have it? I thought it might just be because Zamus' dsmash is weird...

Tesh

Smash Hero
There is no super armor. Once you have been stunned by Dsmash/Blaster, you cannot be stunned again until you LAND (or grab the ledge?). This is what keeps Dsmash from being an infinite all by itself on most characters.

Salem either forgot or meant to dtilt.

Neon!

Smash Lord
So is Esam still #5 DK? I remember Will saying his DK was pree good, but why was he put as #5? xD
Esam's DK is great but he doesnt use him often at all, I've been wondering what your wins are since you might actually be a better candidate for 5th place than Esam or possibly even 4th since mar1 doesnt seem too active.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Lol, what wins? xD

Iunno, there are prolly better DK's around that would deserve to be on the list more. It just seemed kinda like they just chucked him on there cuz he's Esam, that's all.

I beat a candidate for #5 Wario, but recently haven't been doing the best. Even then, I'm in N.S., so it takes $300 and a lot of time off to get to the next closest scene, haha.

OHWAIT! I beat Zhao, 4th best Luigi, if that counts for much, haha.

Luigi player

Smash Master
My wii broke so I can't train but I'm going to get one and start training hard for I can come back to tournys I miss everyone and DK in action.
Cable I hope you'll return soon I miss you in results/your matches you need to help everyone repping DK! :)

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Hi everyone, I'm new in this board, I think I want to second DK because I have trouble with :marth: and I saw he has an even matchup against him. I always enjoyed playing :dk2: , and I think the invincicopter is my favourite AT in Brawl. :p

Ok, so, my question is : how to play the Marth MU? I've already searched but most things are outdated. :(

crifer

Smash Lord
Hi myollnir :)
I actually think if the marth plays it right, it´s marth´s favor. But except Ramin no one does so... beating Leon (which should be your primary problem, right?) DK is good.

- The main idea is to outspace him and kill way earlier than he does. most of the time it´s marths fair against DKs bair. The most important thing is, while staying airborn!, waiting for his fair to whiff (you must learn that spacing by drifting away) and immdiately bair him for that on reaction, which is pretty easy.
- try to juggle him by cargo uthrow to uair. if he commits to an air dodge -> bair.
- never touch his shield with bair, he will fair oos you for that. If he waits for your bair, air dodge to turnaround grab.
if he approaches and put pressure on you with sh fair try to pivot grab him, its amazing.
- if you´re above him... you have a problem. he juggles you hard. try to get away with upB to platform or to the edge.
- if you´re above 100% and at the edge... you have a serious problem. marth can easily option select and react on every action of dk.
- if he´s at the edge... you have the upper hand. A lot of marths go for the ledgekunp fair, which is punishable.
- if he sideB´s you with the 3rd or 4th hit you can punch him.
- If the Marth plays it right, he will stay on the ground, trying to shield your bairs/ftilt and punish accordingly with fair oos, sideB or grab. if he stays on the ground, try to upB/downB or turnaround grab
- if you´re offstage... you should never come back as DK. counter, ledge drop bair/sideB ***** DK. try to upB to an platform, save the doublejump to fair him or delay the upB.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Yeah that's more or less for Leon, but it's more for :marth: in general : I don't like playing :metaknight: (even though he's probably my best character) and :pt: is bad against :metaknight: .

But I want to master the invincicopter before I play :dk2: in tournaments.

Thanks for the help!

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Good friggin' luck on that invincicopter. It's not really all that worth it to learn, tbh.

Unless it's Yoshi's, then def learn it. xD

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Also, remember you can Empty hop to bait his Fair and punish.
As well, F-Tilt aimed up beats almost or all his aerial approaches when you space/ time it right.

I would also recommend that you avoid Marth on Final Destination because we have no platforms to abuse/ mix up our recovery on. Not to mention it makes it really easy for us to be juggled on that stage.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Also, remember you can Empty hop to bait his Fair and punish.
As well, F-Tilt aimed up beats almost or all his aerial approaches when you space/ time it right.

I would also recommend that you avoid Marth on Final Destination because we have no platforms to abuse/ mix up our recovery on. Not to mention it makes it really easy for us to be juggled on that stage.
^this. You just get juggled by a butt-ton of u-smash and u-air if you do this, lol.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Learn this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2wjwhf1xGA&feature=g-high-c

I was testing it last night, and have yet to perfect it-- but it results in a free up-b off stage. And if we do this off platforms? We can get FREE up-airs. That's a free kill if you get a grab. Someone test this, master it, and get back to me!!

Edit: Okay, if you guys want something truly game breaking, this is it. We can guaranteed footstool Snake out of this. Pretty sure he is forced to up b = free edge guard opportunity/spike. =x

I'm looking into what other characters we can footstool. Please help me test this!

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Omg!!! Believe it or not, I found this 3 days ago when I was in training mode. The thing is, I thought it was useless except against :snake: , :ness2: , :lucas: .
I didn't know :dk2: had something guaranteed out of it though. Good stuff!

Btw, if you turn around while doing the cargo, :ness2: and :lucas: will probably DI towards the stage, so you get a free DJ + B-air. And if they don't, the B-air will stage spike. Useless, but really fun!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'll be a cool guy and also say I was messing around with cargo grab after seeing Will try Cargo release while landing into d-smash, and successfully replicated it in friendlies. Felt good.

BUT ANYWAYS THIS! How exactly is this done, Will? Like how do you walk into the edge without just walking off. That being said, I agree entirely. Everybody test around with this, getting a free up-b is a big deal and if we get more or less we need to know!

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I know you can do that walk and run into the stage and tilt the stick so you don't actually fall off, but that's amazing as an option. I must learn this right away. this could be super useful against olimar or other tethers as well.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
^That is basically it. So far, it seems that this is mindlessly easy to do vs Snake. It also pretty much full on puts Ness/Lucas in a position where it's extremely easy to edge guard them. They shouldn't be making it back if you connect with a footstool.

Edit: Shoutouts to Vex, he's been helping test this. It seems like if you have enough speed during the cargo walk, you can footstool Falco out of this LOL. He actually can't recover after that if we time an edge hog properly. The only thing I am unsure of is how much DI factors into this, and how fast DK's cargo walk has to be for it to work consistently.

*Cough cough* I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytgSWXSa3Vs&feature=g-upl

Luigi player

Smash Master
Awesome, need to play around with that. But i think the opponent is able to di it (but you can follow his di).

:phone:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
We definitely need to get some 2-person testing going on for this. Maybe I'll get Judo to help me test this today. Played around with it tonight and the way I'm doing it is by tiling my stick down and slightly to the right. Is this how everybody else is doing it?

I'm so excited. Up-b is already so much to be getting out of this, given how much damage it is and from what I tested it ALWAYS puts you into a lagless, or you can just snatch the ledge. Footstools on more than just Snake tho? Now we're getting crazy!

crifer

Smash Lord
This could be really game, or at least metagame, breaking... awesome. gonna test this out.
Lp don´t tell anyone about this... I´d like to do this @ AGON in a month and see their faces :D

Luigi player

Smash Master
Oh right this does like 16 % thats pretty good lol. (if you release to upb)

This could be really gamechanging for the snake, falco and olimar mu... And others too.

Haha crifer others will probably see it and post it in the gsb though. :x

:phone:

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Yeah, Snake gets pooped on. Haven't been able to do it on MK, Pika, or Marth so far though. They always kinda release behind DK. :/

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Yeah, Snake gets pooped on. Haven't been able to do it on MK, Pika, or Marth so far though. They always kinda release behind DK. :/
I'm not sure about vs Pikachu, but I have been able to get the aerial release to up-b on both MK and Marth.

And you can get the footstool on Marth, which puts him in a bad spot, but he can linger/mix up his recovery to get back. The up-b puts Marth in a much worse position than the footstool imo.

Top Bottom