• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm getting the vibe that some people literally do come in the thread just to rile things up. And it's working. We aren't going to the Steve thread telling them to give up hope because he isn't Banjo. So it isn't really nice to come here and basically say the same thing in reverse.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nobody even wants Banjo because of "muh microsoft rep".

>Comes into unaffiliated thread and gets mad when his bandwagon garbage isn't popular there.

Trainer isn't even playable, his Pokemon are lol
Calling other character names like a child isn't going to make Banjo more likely.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
To try and discuss something a lil less venomous...

Let’s say Nuts & Bolts got a music track. What track would you put in?

Personally, I’d go for the Banjoland theme or the Final Battle.
Banjoland and its affiliated tracks like Banjoland Buffoonery would be great! Also Grapplin' with Grunty would be a good remix of Gruntilda's Lair. Basically any of the fast remixes of the stages in Nuts n' Bolts would work for Smash, especially with the orchestral instruments playing and being kind of remixes of Banjo themes from the past anyway!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To try and discuss something a lil less venomous...

Let’s say Nuts & Bolts got a music track. What track would you put in?

Personally, I’d go for the Banjoland theme or the Final Battle.
Showdown Town is pretty memorable. The one thing I do remember enjoying from Nuts & Bolts before I put it down was ramming my car into the citizens while this song was playing in the background.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Guys can we chill? Look the facts are that the people who give any sort of crap about who would be on the roster are the ones who want Banjo. The small subset of fans who do want Steve that are also core fans do exist but in comparison to Banjo are very minor. Now for gaming fans or Smash fans in general probably Steve might be more exciting for them but they are also the crowd that would just get excited for any character joining the roster. If Steve didn't happen and Banjo did not a lot of people would be upset but if Steve happens and Banjo doesn't a good number of fans would be disappointed. Whether Steve matters more to the general public who cares that's the reality. At the same time Steve looks to make more business sense so he's still probable regardless of what people who care about Smash think so really the whole discussion is pointless.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

>Comes into unaffiliated thread and gets mad when his bandwagon garbage isn't popular there.

Trainer isn't even playable, his Pokemon are lol
The Villager is literally the default skin for City Folk. Your argument is baseless. If Villager counts as a character, so does Steve. And for what it's worth I think Steve would be infinitely more interesting in Smash than Banjo.

I'm getting the vibe that some people literally do come in the thread just to rile things up. And it's working. We aren't going to the Steve thread telling them to give up hope because he isn't Banjo. So it isn't really nice to come here and basically say the same thing in reverse.
No one's saying to give up hope. People are just understandably miffed when toxic garbage is spread because some people are childish and see other characters as threats to theirs. There's a difference between showing support for a character and being a toxic elitist.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The Villager is literally the default skin for City Folk. Your argument is baseless. If Villager counts as a character, so does Steve. And for what it's worth I think Steve would be infinitely more interesting in Smash than Banjo.

No one's saying to give up hope. People are just understandably miffed when toxic garbage is spread because some people are childish and see other characters as threats to theirs. There's a difference between showing support for a character and being a toxic elitist.
Holy **** the irony of this post is out of this world :rotfl::rotfl:.

D

Deleted member

Let’s make two things clear:
>Many people with myself included still want Banjo in Smash. We are either just keeping the support by buying anything related to Banjo like merchandising or wishing that Steve opens the gate to him as a second Microsoft rep. Not everyone in the planet wants Banjo, but the support for him is still holding up.

>One thing may be popular or not in certain threads... But nobody has the right or power to insult, harass, mess or attack that thing and anyone who likes it. If you do, you just look like a complete jerk and people will end up getting annoyed.

Your posts and comments towards Minecraft and the people who liked the game makes OptimisticStrifer look like a hardcore DQ fan in comparison, because at least that user doesn’t treat DQ followers as some kind of scum.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Guys we as Banjo fans should try to be more courteous... attacking people on this thread or their character preferences isn't cool... some of you are getting really vicious...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Let’s make two things clear:
>Many people with myself included still want Banjo in Smash. We are either just either keeping the support by buying anything related to Banjo like merchandising or wishing that Steve opens the gate to him as a second Microsoft rep. Not everyone in the planet wants Banjo, but the support for him is still holding up.

>One thing may be popular or not in certain threads... But nobody has the right or power to insult, harass, mess or attack that thing and anyone who likes it. If you do, you just look like a complete jerk and people will end up getting annoyed.

Your posts and comments towards Minecraft and the people who liked the game makes OptimisticStrifer look like a hardcore and positive DQ fan, because at least that user doesn’t see DQ fans as some kind of scum.
I'm not harassing anyone. You're free to like whatever hot garbage you want.

I don't go into your thread to call your stuff garbage, or tell you that you can't like it. You can't start **** in foreign territory and then get butthurt when there's blowback.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I don't go into your thread to call your stuff garbage, or tell you that you can't like it. You can't start **** in foreign territory and then get butthurt when there's blowback.
Left to its own devices, this thread bashes Steve to no end. I've viewed this thread enough to know that. And where has anyone here called Banjo garbage?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

I think you might want to take a step back and take some deep breaths. I can tell this is really getting to you so It might be best to not look at the thread for a while.

D

Deleted member

If Totaku releases another Banjo figure, I will pick it at launch as I did for the one based on the duo itself.

I strongly believe that Microsoft will start development on a new Banjo game if they see benefits come from the brand and any other Rare property like Battletoads.

When they see money, things will get interesting.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Nobody is calling Banjo garbage. You, on the other hand, are calling Steve garbage. And you claim not be not harassing anyone and accuse other people of starting ****?

That's what I call ironic, not calm and reasonable arguments.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think you might want to take a step back and take some deep breaths. I can tell this is really getting to you so It might be best to not look at the thread for a while.

Oh, nah it's not getting to me. I'm not intending to be hostile, more bemused.

But if my demeanour is bringing the thread down I apologise. I can happily ignore the odious steve marks.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
There is no definitive chance of anyone getting in, and whoever gets in doesn't hurt anyone else's chances unless they get confirmed as an assist trophy or what have you. So getting upset over other characters getting in, as I've learned in past years, gets us nowhere. If Banjo or Steve get in, great. If one gets in over the other, I hope we'd all show a little decorum and respect whatever the outcome. We're all in this game together!

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Things are getting a touch heated in here. Just to remind everyone, the choices have been made for DLC, no matter what anyone says about either side will not change if either get in. Let's try and not be hostile, I believe we ultimately could get both anyway.

D

Deleted member

If Totaku releases another Banjo figure, I will pick it at launch as I did for the one based on the duo itself.

I strongly believe that Microsoft will start development on a new Banjo game if they see benefits come from the brand and any other Rare property like Battletoads.

When they see money, things will get interesting.
Actually, can we talk about this? I know there was a recent Banjo-Kazooie figure where Kazooie was flying while holding Banjo. It was announced mid-2018. They used the original N64 designs for that, which is odd because most Microsoft stands show Banjo and Kazooie with their Nuts and Bolts design. If Banjo gets in, I'm curious to if we'll get the N&B or N64 designs? Maybe a best of both worlds like with King K. Rool?

D

Deleted member

Actually, can we talk about this? I know there was a recent Banjo-Kazooie figure where Kazooie was flying while holding Banjo. It was announced mid-2018. They used the original N64 designs for that, which is odd because most Microsoft stands show Banjo and Kazooie with their Nuts and Bolts design. If Banjo gets in, I'm curious to if we'll get the N&B or N64 designs? Maybe a best of both worlds like with King K. Rool?
I expect the K.Rool route too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think they'd go for the N64 look. Not only does it fit more in a mostly Nintendo crossover, but in the past Sakurai has gone with the classic looks for other third party characters like Mega Man, Pac-Man, Simon, and Richter.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I've assumed that if they got in, Sakurai would want their classic N64 models a la Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu/Ken, and Simon Belmont being more like their original designs with some updated graphics, so I'm sure Banjo and Kazooie would have more detailed fur and feathers and maybe some style appeal and embellishments from Nuts n' Bolts.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think people need to understand a lot of the Steve bashing is more venting than anything. Many of us have been asking for banjo for many many years. And we used to be in the majority. Now suddenly we're being constantly bashed because we want banjo instead of Steve. I see other threads constantly call banjo some literal who from a platformer in the 90s. And we come here to vent. Because it would be rude of us to start defending ourselves in random threads

D

Deleted member

I think they'd go for the N64 look. Not only does it fit more in a mostly Nintendo crossover, but in the past Sakurai has gone with the classic looks for characters like Mega Man, Pac-Man, Simon, and Richter.
You have a point there.
I would expect a K.Rool take from Banjo more, doh.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Considering how meticulous Sakurai tends to be about maintaining a classic design for the characters, Pac-Man for example using the arcade cabinet design imstead of ghostly adventures, I think we can expect the N64 design if he gets in.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I get your point Missing Glitch, it can be frustrating to see people dismiss our character and call us names elsewhere. Just remember, their opinions are meaningless, only Sakurai and team knows.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think people need to understand a lot of the Steve bashing is more venting than anything. Many of us have been asking for banjo for many many years. And we used to be in the majority. Now suddenly we're being constantly bashed because we want banjo instead of Steve. I see other threads constantly call banjo some literal who from a platformer in the 90s. And we come here to vent. Because it would be rude of us to start defending ourselves in random threads
Honestly I understand where that comes from, but I highly disagree with the method. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, hate only breeds more hate, be the change you want to see, and all that. Mainly because if you start with that sort of mentality, it becomes a chicken-and-egg situation. What came first, Steve supporters bashing Banjo, or Banjo supporters bashing Steve? That's why it's better to snuff out toxicity on both ends, even if it means speaking out in a thread you don't frequent.

Just my take on things.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think you're defending yourself in the open is better than bashing a character in a place where you supposed to share your passion. Not to mention the latter option isn't a good reputation for a fanbase to have.

D

Deleted member

I get your point Missing Glitch, it can be frustrating to see people dismiss our character and call us names elsewhere. Just remember, their opinions are meaningless, only Sakurai and team knows.
As someone who loves DQ, I can relate to this.

I used to be scared to share my love towards DQ on this site because of the way that people bashed the franchise on some threads just because of the stuff surrounding the composer of the series.
It wasn’t until I started posting on the Square thread and saw people sharing their love towards the franchise when I would finally open myself and share my love for the franchise.

With all the stuff that happened to me this week, it feels a bit annoying to see people shoving in our faces the “anime swordmen” argument against Erdrick, and I found myself confusing sarcasm with serious posts (with all the stuff going on inside my brain). But in the end, one only needs to behave good and share their thoughts while ignoring any rejection towards them.

Some people may bash and condene your tastes... But you can prove to them that you behave better with enough calm. Feel free to like what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
While he's not on my wishlist, I'll get behind Banjo 120% over Steve. I don't think it's any secret that I despise the idea of such a low effort and unworthy character like Steve being in Smash. Let's go bear and bird, send him to his rectangular grave.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Has anybody ever seen this absolutely astonishing fanart of Banjo & Kazooie from Pixleated-Takkun? The best Banjo-Kazooie fanart I've ever seen. And this guy is a seriously talented artist.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else find it odd that Conker has been getting new merch alongside Banjo? First Totaku and now a First 4 Figures statue. It makes sense that Banjo Kazooie merch would be made for their 20th anniversary, but Conker too?

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else find it odd that Conker has been getting new merch alongside Banjo? First Totaku and now a First 4 Figures statue. It makes sense that Banjo Kazooie merch would be made for their 20th anniversary, but Conker too?
Conker is also popular around Rare too.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
For what it’s worth, papagenos papagenos says he finds Xenother trustworthy. It could be possible that he knows about Erdrick and Steve but was just totally wrong about Banjo. It’s one thing to know who IS coming, but there’s no way any of these “insiders” would know who ISN’T coming
Just to clarify, I've talked to xenother in the past. He talks to people like vergeben privately.

So I trust xenother in that I think he believes the info hes heard and isn't lying/making stuff up etc... and seems like a nice person. but whether or not that information comes to pass I do not know. I havent seen any characters or anything, just heard the rumors. I am expecting erdrick at this point though but I dont know he's in for sure or anything. I also have no idea if we'll see him in this rumored upcoming direct. Xenother only ever said he thought erdrick would be "soon" so even if erdrick is not in the direct it could still happen in a month or so and be considered "soon".

D

Deleted member

Just to clarify, I've talked to xenother in the past. He talks to people like vergeben privately.

So I trust xenother in that I think he believes the info hes heard and isn't lying/making stuff up etc... and seems like a nice person. but whether or not that information comes to pass I do not know. I havent seen any characters or anything, just heard the rumors. I am expecting erdrick at this point though but I dont know he's in for sure or anything. I also have no idea if we'll see him in this rumored upcoming direct. Xenother only ever said he thought erdrick would be "soon" so even if erdrick is not in the direct it could still happen in a month or so and be considered "soon".
I just don’t know if I can trust him because of how new he is I just don’t know

I’m confused

I appreciate the clarification man

D

Deleted member

xenother xenother i don’t know if I can trust u but is there anyway I can trust you still? because I’m starting to have doubts
Like I’m confused

Top Bottom