• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Using Banjo as leakbait would be ridiculous. You don't use the most popular character as leakbait for a character literally nobody wants. All that would do is create an expectation of the character you're not putting on, and providing the awful one.

The only way leakbait works is the other way around.
And who is this character that "literally nobody" wants?

Reminder that Hitagi basically confessed that his information was wrong, and even despite Vergeben's spotty as **** record in and out of the Smash world, he said that Minecraft content was a boss, and NOT a character.

I don't get the 'Steve confirmed' crowd at all.
For what it’s worth, papagenos papagenos says he finds Xenother trustworthy. It could be possible that he knows about Erdrick and Steve but was just totally wrong about Banjo. It’s one thing to know who IS coming, but there’s no way any of these “insiders” would know who ISN’T coming

D

Deleted member

For what it’s worth, papagenos papagenos says he finds Xenother trustworthy. It could be possible that he knows about Erdrick and Steve but was just totally wrong about Banjo. It’s one thing to know who IS coming, but there’s no way any of these “insiders” would know who ISN’T coming
I don’t trust him he hasn’t leaked anything and that erdrick part was mostly a piggyback

Leakers And insiders are ****

Except for PolarPanda PolarPanda and Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you guys are good

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But for real, to imply that Banjo is some untouchable god and that "nobody" wants Steve is ridiculously shortsighted.

I don’t trust him he hasn’t leaked anything and that erdrick part was mostly a piggyback

Leakers And insiders are ****

Except for PolarPanda PolarPanda and Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you guys are good
I agree, he has no track record and that makes me not take him seriously either. But like I said it’s worth noting that PapaGenos trusts him and I feel like we shouldn’t just turn a blind eye to that. Only time will tell if Xenother and Hitagi are actually trustworthy

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Leaked characters always get a large boost of popularity when they are leaked. Why do you think incineroar went from most hated Pokemon to most people's most wanted overnight once Verge leaked him. Same thing with Steve. Steve and smash were never even uttered in the same sentence till he was "leaked". Heck most people didn't even know who Erdrick was when he was leaked but suddenly everyone wants him anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But for real, to imply that Banjo is some untouchable god and that "nobody" wants Steve is ridiculously shortsighted.
I actually do agree with this. We all want Banjo in this thread and Banjo is way more popular within the Smash circle but I'm sure there's also a ton of casual people who want Steve over Banjo. There's even some within our smash bubble that would rather have Steve. Banjo is way more popular within our community but I would argue the same for Steve and Casual audiences.

D

Deleted member

If we get Steve, Banjo would get more likely for a supposed second Fighter Pass.

Mostly because of Microsoft stuff getting in Smash already, opening the gates for the bear without any problem.

D

Deleted member

If we get Steve, Banjo would get more likely for a supposed second Fighter Pass.

Mostly because of Microsoft stuff getting in Smash already, opening the gates for the bear without any problem.
I left a bread crumb trail here did I?

D

Deleted member

I left a bread crumb trail here did I?
No.
I am just sharing some thoughts about Banjo in Smash.

Steve getting in would be good news for him, since he is the most demanded Microsoft rep in the Smash community. And with Steve already in the roster, Microsoft would easily give Nintendo or the Smash team the approval to use Banjo as well to cover the requests from the Smash fandom.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
For real, it's ridiculous to insist that Steve in Smash is being talked about for any reason aside from 'leaks'.

Every time a character is 'leaked' or considered 'likely', fickle fans bandwagon behind them. They always will. Steve's no different to Sceptile or Impa from Smash For or Erdrick, or even Skull Kid from Ultimate.

Characters like Isaac, K. Rool, Ridley once deconfirmed still maintained their fanbases. Geno and Banjo are still being talked about 20 years later because their fans genuinely want them in. If Steve's not in, people will move on because nobody genuinely wanted him to begin with.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
For being a Banjo support/speculation thread we sure get at each other's throats a lot when we really don't need to.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For real, it's ridiculous to insist that Steve in Smash is being talked about for any reason aside from 'leaks'.

Every time a character is 'leaked' or considered 'likely', fickle fans bandwagon behind them. They always will. Steve's no different to Sceptile or Impa from Smash For or Erdrick, or even Skull Kid from Ultimate.

Characters like Isaac, K. Rool, Ridley once deconfirmed still maintained their fanbases. Geno and Banjo are still being talked about 20 years later because their fans genuinely want them in. If Steve's not in, people will move on because nobody genuinely wanted him to begin with.
If you actually believe that Steve is only being talked about because of insiders, you haven't been paying enough attention. Hell, I've been speculating about Steve's odds of joining Smash ever since Minecraft was ported to the Wii U back in 2015.

D

Deleted member

I genuinely want Steve in Smash mostly for a potentially dope Minecraft stage.

And besides: Steve in Smash is good for Banjo... And Banjo in Smash is good for Steve.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm expecting to wait much much longer than a week for Banjo-Kazooie... But I wouldn't be against a surprise announcement next week either, I want this ride to end as much as anyone else.

We got Cloud out of nowhere in some random Direct, nobody saw him coming, but he most certainly was the most groundbreaking shocking newcomer for 4, the same could happen here, we just never know.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
For being a Banjo support/speculation thread we sure get at each other's throats a lot when we really don't need to.
Yeah, let's all chill. It's an off-season right now and people are struggling with the lack of information we've been getting lately. Frankly anything Nintendo talks about in a direct would be nice to hear. I'm still hoping we get news of that Gen 8 Pokemon Switch title!

osby

Smash Obsessed

People are talking about Steve since Smash 4. Also, speaking for the fans of a character you don't want is a very cheap tactic. What you think about them doesn't make their support less genuine.

If you actually believe that Steve is only being talked about because of insiders, you haven't been paying enough attention. Hell, I've been speculating about Steve's odds of joining Smash ever since Minecraft was ported to the Wii U back in 2015.
Its not the he wasn’t talked about. I just don’t think people ever took Steve seriously until Vergeben came along. It’s like “Fortnite Guy.” Nobody takes him seriously right now. But if one of these leakers came along talking about Fortnite content in Smash, everybody would be changing their tune

Last edited:

TobikoOfWind

Smash Rookie
Guys that xeno dude I’m not putting much stock into him because he hasn’t gotten anything right yet even when verge said not to take him too seriously and you know what? Whoever says THIS CHARACTER IS IN I’m not believing until I see it and I think nintendo is keeping banjo under the covers just like joker banjo has a chance let’s just hope it happens
I’m done beleving verge hitagi and xeno
Is there a link to this post?

D

Deleted member

Its not the he wasn’t talked about. I just don’t think people ever took Steve seriously until Vergeben came along.
I can guarantee that many people wanted Minecraft content in Smash years before Vergeben popped up.

I talked with many people online in the past who found stuff like a Minecraft stage fantastic for Smash because of the sandbox gameplay that Minecraft has.

Many would pick Steve just for the stage and moveset potential alone, myself included.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
People are talking about Steve since Smash 4. Also, speaking for the fans of a character you don't want is a very cheap tactic. What you think about them doesn't make their support less genuine.
I never said I didn't like those characters. I'm actually very fond of Skull Kid and Sceptile, bandwagoners aside.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Its not the he wasn’t talked about. I just don’t think people ever took Steve seriously until Vergeben came along. It’s like “Fortnite Guy.” Nobody takes him seriously right now. But if one of these leakers came along talking about Fortnite content in Smash, everybody would be changing their tune
People absolutely take Steve seriously, or at least those who don't have an agenda against him.

Once again, 2015.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum osby osby @JDCabrera
If you want to argue and think steve has better odds than banjo then do it in the social thread please this is a banjo thread not a debate thread
1. Don't Mini-Mod
2. This is a Banjo support thread, not a Steve bash thread. Sorry if that upsets you. :^)

D

Deleted member

1. Don't Mini-Mod
2. This is a Banjo support thread, not a Steve bash thread. Sorry if that upsets you. :^)
.1 sorry
.2 I’m not bashing on him I’m just sayin...can you take this somewhere else please?

D

Deleted member

Opossum Opossum osby osby @JDCabrera
If you want to argue and think steve has better odds than banjo then do it in the social thread please this is a banjo thread not a debate thread
I just entered the thread to say how Steve getting in would help Banjo’s chances a lot.
Basically: commenting stuff that could help Banjo getting in Smash.
But you took it in a way that wasn’t right.

If we get any Microsoft rep, it would make the idea of getting a second one for another Fighter Pass highly likely. This means that Banjo getting in would be good news for Steve... And Steve getting in would also be great news for Banjo.

You are basically getting mad about who comes first, as if only Banjo deserves to be the first Microsoft rep.
And trust me: If Steve gets in, Banjo probably will too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
.1 sorry
.2 I’m not bashing on him I’m just sayin...can you take this somewhere else please?
Not you, I'm talking about garbage posts like this:
Oh... you threw me off with the word 'character', since Steve is nothing more than an interchangeable default skin .

D

Deleted member

I just entered the thread to say how Steve getting in would help Banjo’s chances a lot.

If we get any Microsoft rep, it would make the idea of getting a second one for another Fighter Pass highly likely. This means that Banjo getting in would be good news for Steve... And Steve getting in would also be great news for Banjo.

You are basically getting mad about who comes first, as if only Banjo deserves to be the first Microsoft rep.
I didn’t know sorry

Ok get out

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Nobody even wants Banjo because of "muh microsoft rep".

>Comes into unaffiliated thread and gets mad when his bandwagon garbage isn't popular there.

:ultinkling:, :ultinklingboy:, :ultmiifighters:, :ultpokemontrainer:, :ultpokemontrainerf:, :ultvillager: and :ultvillagerf: aren’t characters for you then.

Trainer isn't even playable, his Pokemon are lol

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
To try and discuss something a lil less venomous...

Let’s say Nuts & Bolts got a music track. What track would you put in?

Personally, I’d go for the Banjoland theme or the Final Battle.

Top Bottom