• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Considering our Smash datamine, I would put money on Blast Corps and Jet Force making it to the mini as well
That would be nice because I was not able to play those back in the day. These games really deserve to be remembered.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm getting a gut feeling we might need to brace for impact soon. The next direct is sounding ominous. A possible smash reveal that might not even be a character. If it's what I think it is then there is a chance our boi is actually in.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

I'm getting a gut feeling we might need to brace for impact soon. The next direct is sounding ominous. A possible smash reveal that might not even be a character. If it's what I think it is then there is a chance our boi is actually in.
This has been the longest period between directs. I can't help but feel like something big is coming. For the sake of that I am bored right now, what is this hunch you got?

Is it possible that the delay of MP4 is to blame for this direct drought?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
This has been the longest period between directs. I can't help but feel like something big is coming. For the sake of that I am bored right now, what is this hunch you got?

Is it possible that the delay of MP4 is to blame for this direct drought?
The only franchise I can think of they can add anything for without a character is Minecraft. And I really feel like it's a stage builder and/or Mii costume. Have you noticed that only very few people are actually claiming Steve is definitely in? And even then their stories of how they know are kind of strange. While the rest just say "Minecraft content". Why would it be so vague? People seeing Steve might have just saw a Mii costume.

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Well maybe the next Nintendo Direct is in March like last year. Nintendo seems to be more consistent about their directs now than in previous years, but sometimes things like Smash directs and news come out of the blue. I was thinking about it the other day and I came up with guesses of when the DLC announcements could be made, something like this I could be completely wrong:

2nd character announcement: March 2019(Nintendo Direct)
3rd character announcement: June 2019 (E3)
4th character announcement: September 2019 (Nintendo Direct)
5th character announcement: November/December 2019 (Final Smash Direct)

Mr. Stagg

The only franchise I can think of they can add anything for without a character is Minecraft. And I really feel like it's a stage builder and/or Mii costume. Have you noticed that only very few people are actually claiming Steve is definitely in? And even then their stories of how they know are kind of strange. While the rest just say "Minecraft content". Why would it be so vague? People seeing Steve might have just saw a Mii costume.
It's possible this "Minecraft content" is a similar situation to Rathalos and no Monster Hunter fighter. Rathalos fits as a Monster Hunter rep because the monster fights are the draw of the game. Mii Fighters is indicative of how Avatars are used in Minecraft, plus the world and creativity is the draw of the game.

It would be some masterful hilarity if Steve is shilled as the 3 Mii's and all the insiders mistook it as an actual fighter. Hitagi seems to be the only one claiming hard that Steve is one of the DLC fighters, then I have to stop for a moment to finish laughing. Verge is super on the fence and is resorting to his typical open ended statements with a shaky hand over the eject button.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Might not even be a character? Like what, a new mode?
EDIT: Whoops, nvm you said.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's possible this "Minecraft content" is a similar situation to Rathalos and no Monster Hunter fighter. Rathalos fits as a Monster Hunter rep because the monster fights are the draw of the game. Mii Fighters is indicative of how Avatars are used in Minecraft, plus the world and creativity is the draw of the game.

It would be some masterful hilarity if Steve is shilled as the 3 Mii's and all the insiders mistook it as an actual fighter. Hitagi seems to be the only one claiming hard that Steve is one of the DLC fighters, then I have to stop for a moment to finish laughing. Verge is super on the fence and is resorting to his typical open ended statements with a shaky hand over the eject button.
It would be icing on the cake if the Ender Dragon is included as a boss...in a Day 50+ patch.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I kinda hope the Minecraft Mii's happen just cause the Gunner would look so goofy

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, take this with a grain of salt, but apparently there's this user named King Zell who's gotten the reveals of Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee as well as Animal Crossing Switch and the 2019 Nindies Direct has dropped a cryptic hint that suggests we might be seeing a Direct next week on the 13th. Here's the video where I first heard about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBbqWezqzvs

Again, take this with a grain of salt, but it's something I thought I'd point out considering we haven't had a proper Direct since November I believe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Beyond the Existential Level:
So, take this with a grain of salt, but apparently there's this user named King Zell who's gotten the reveals of Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee as well as Animal Crossing Switch and the 2019 Nindies Direct has dropped a cryptic hint that suggests we might be seeing a Direct next week on the 13th. Here's the video where I first heard about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBbqWezqzvs

Again, take this with a grain of salt, but it's something I thought I'd point out considering we haven't had a proper Direct since November I believe.
Our last reveal was two months ago, too. I wonder if that's enough space to announce the next DLC fighter.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think King Zell also said the 13th is a good day for a Direct.

He mentioned games like Pikmin 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I don't know if they're for the Direct or later. He also mentioned Pokemon so maybe a mix of the Direct and later on.

D

Deleted member

Well; we don't have information about Joker other that his confirmation.
Yeah. I'm feeling three scenarios.
1) They show off Joker's DLC Fighter pack
2) They announce a newcomer without showing any gameplay footage. Maybe just having an animated trailer and whatnot.
3) Both.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
That would be great. I'm open for any new information, Smash or otherwise. I'm especially interested to see anything about the possibility of Gen 8 Pokemon on the Switch!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
All I'm expecting for this Direct, Smash-wise, is Joker footage. Maybe some Mii stuff.

And even that might not happen.

We'll probably get ~4 more general Directs (including E3) after this one, before Feb 2020, and that lines up pretty well with the remaining fighters.

Then again, Nintendo being predictable is in and of itself unlikely.

Last edited:
I’m not really expecting any Smash news in this supposed upcoming Direct. Although I’d love to be wrong. It just feels too soon to see anything about Joker yet, and I doubt they’d reveal the next character before we even know what Joker looks like

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I’m not really expecting any Smash news in this supposed upcoming Direct. Although I’d love to be wrong. It just feels too soon to see anything about Joker yet, and I doubt they’d reveal the next character before we even know what Joker looks like
I don't think it's out of the question to see our first round of Mii outfits and Joker footage. It's been two months since his reveal, I would think by now they have something to show.

Mr. Stagg

I don't think it's out of the question to see our first round of Mii outfits and Joker footage. It's been two months since his reveal, I would think by now they have something to show.
An animated preview of the next fighter once gameplay of the last one is shown would be a good idea to keep hype up.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I forgot Mii costume DLC was already confirmed. I wonder if the upcoming Mii costumes will have anything to do with the Fighters Pass?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I forgot Mii costume DLC was already confirmed. I wonder if the upcoming Mii costumes will have anything to do with the Fighters Pass?
Unlikely to be part of the pass itself, but I see them tying in.

I also want the old 3rd party costumes back and some new ones, like Shadow the Hedgehog just so I can see his demand acknowledged.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Probably not much. Last game's DLC Mii costumes were a lot more varied than the DLC fighters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
An animated preview of the next fighter once gameplay of the last one is shown would be a good idea to keep hype up.
That'd be great, but Smash has never really struggled to keep hype up.

Nah, it'd be less profitable to tie them in than to sell them separately at this point.

But I could see bundles like they had last time.

Unlikely to be part of the pass itself, but I see them tying in.

I also want the old 3rd party costumes back and some new ones, like Shadow the Hedgehog just so I can see his demand acknowledged.
If at least some of them didn't come back, I'd be very surprised. The assets are there, they just need some altering. It'd be leaving money on the table.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wonder how well the Mii costumes sold last game. Makes me wonder if they are going to cut back on them this time around. Considering how we got a new pack of like 4 mii costumes every two months or so.

D

Deleted member

Guys that xeno dude I’m not putting much stock into him because he hasn’t gotten anything right yet even when verge said not to take him too seriously and you know what? Whoever says THIS CHARACTER IS IN I’m not believing until I see it and I think nintendo is keeping banjo under the covers just like joker banjo has a chance let’s just hope it happens
I’m done beleving verge hitagi and xeno
99AC764B-EDE3-4929-8779-1270DEC9B37A.png

Mr. Stagg

Guys that xeno dude I’m not putting much stock into him because he hasn’t gotten anything right yet even when verge said not to take him too seriously and you know what? Whoever says THIS CHARACTER IS IN I’m not believing until I see it and I think nintendo is keeping banjo under the covers just like joker banjo has a chance let’s just hope it happens
View attachment 191144
I have nicknames for these leakers. Vergie-burgie and Huurk-tagi are the SFW names I got along with Xen-other-than-right.

View attachment 191144
Wait, what about him? Did he say something?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
OH IDEA!

Alright so you guys know that the XBLA version of Banjo-Tooie has Stop'N'Swop compatibility right? Well two of those Egg Rewards are Xbox Based, A Profile Picture and a Premium Xbox Theme, however, if this whole speculation thing with Xbox Live coming to Switch and we get slightly modified versions of the XBLA versions ported to Nintendo Switch, what do you guys think the rewards will be changed to?

Personally...

Considering how you have to own the Original Banjo-Kazooie in order to obtain the 6 Eggs and Ice Key... What if you purchase both games from the Eshop, collect the Stop'N'Swop items, and then have Heggy hatch one of them to obtain.. Banjo as a Fighter for Free in Smash Ultimate? as an alternative to purchasing him separately? Haha I dont know how it would work unless each Copy of Banjo-Tooie downloaded from the Eshop came with a unique code only viewable from the Egg! Ahh.. but what do you guys think?

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Calling banjo leakbait

What I think is that he’s in the same situation like joker
>Calling Banjo leakbait

>Yet not calling Edrick leakbait

Something seems off here...

I've mostly given up on these leakers. At this point it's more frustrating to listen to them then just waiting for DLC

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Using Banjo as leakbait would be ridiculous. You don't use the most popular character as leakbait for a character literally nobody wants. All that would do is create an expectation of the character you're not putting on, and providing the awful one.

The only way leakbait works is the other way around.

Mr. Stagg

Using Banjo as leakbait would be ridiculous. You don't use the most popular character as leakbait for a character literally nobody wants. All that would do is create an expectation of the character you're not putting on, and providing the awful one.

The only way leakbait works is the other way around.
The concept of leakbait is a strat employed by higher-ups for that very reason, to out leakers and stop them. It's laughable a nobody like Xenother would have connections that close to the DLC. If he had the connections like he's acting like he does, he would've predicted Plant and Joker. This guy is full of it, both him and his boot-licker Hitagi.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The concept of leakbait is a strat employed by higher-ups for that very reason, to out leakers and stop them. It's laughable a nobody like Xenother would have connections that close to the DLC. If he had the connections like he's acting like he does, he would've predicted Plant and Joker. This guy is full of it, both him and his boot-licker Hitagi.
Reminder that Hitagi basically confessed that his information was wrong, and even despite Vergeben's spotty as **** record in and out of the Smash world, he said that Minecraft content was a boss, and NOT a character.

I don't get the 'Steve confirmed' crowd at all.

Top Bottom