• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Stop trying to act all high & mighty we talk about steve when its relitive to the conversation & I was always on the smash miiverse steve was brought up every so often but not that mutch, casuals will like anything & castlevania did show up in polls just noth that high up around top 100 to 150ish for the most part enugh for sakurai to notice (even project M had a castlevania stage)

so take your steve bubble & shove it go on the steve form
Dude, you literally said what amounted to "we're allowed to **** on whatever we want and if you don't like that, leave." I'm not the one acting "high and mighty." So no, I won't leave. I have no reason to, just as you have no reason to bash characters that aren't Banjo. It's toxic, and others in this thread, regulars included, have expressed that they don't want to be associated with toxicity.

It just takes a bit of maturity.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Dude, you literally said what amounted to "we're allowed to **** on whatever we want and if you don't like that, leave." I'm not the one acting "high and mighty." So no, I won't leave. I have no reason to, just as you have no reason to bash characters that aren't Banjo. It's toxic, and others in this thread, regulars included, have expressed that they don't want to be associated with toxicity.

I mean you don't have to leave, no, but every post you make appears to be antagonistic in some way despite you saying you don't want to act that way. Like that last line, "It just takes a bit of maturity" will most likely be taken as you calling someone immature.

Just cool off. Don't leave, but don't throw water on the grease fire and say your helping.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean you don't have to leave, no, but every post you make appears to be antagonistic in some way despite you saying you don't want to act that way. Like that last line, "It just takes a bit of maturity" will most likely be taken as you calling someone immature.

Just cool off. Don't leave, but don't throw water on the grease fire and say your helping.
I wasn't being antagonistic, though. I'm merely trying to stop needless toxicity. And is it wrong to view toxicity as immature? Other threads are able to have civil discussions without resorting to bashing other support groups. I don't know what the issue some people in this thread have with it (I say some because others, of course, have even stated they want the toxicity to end).

Like, there are tons of good things about Banjo people can talk about without needing to undermine any other characters.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
If I can have a say in this...

It's definitely best to try to end conflicts/arguments as early as possible. I get that it's easy to get riled up, especially on internet forums, but going off on anyone to get some of that anxiety off your chest usually has the opposite effect of helping the situation, let alone helping the image of whatever you're a fan of. This applies to literally everyone here on SmashBoards, not just anyone who might be a little agitated in this thread.

Besides, this is a Banjo support thread. A support thread for Banjo. (And Kazooie.) A Banjo thread where we support a duo we love, not bash any character that may or may not be seen as competition for them. Respect goes a long way, after all- I'd rather Banjo fans be known as nice and respectful instead of overly defensive and spiteful.

Honestly though, if things are getting to anyone's head, it's not a bad idea to take a break from this thread and get some fresh air. Maybe play some Banjo-Kazooie or Tooie. (Or Nuts 'n' Bolts if you have it.)

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys! What did I mi-

Man that show was amazing. Also that GIF made me want to listen to Childish Gambino, it's been a minute.

But back on topic though - Call me crazy, but I fully expect Banjo to be one of the five DLC characters.

Geno is my #1 most wanted and I pretty much have accepted that there is a non-zero chance that he might make it, but it's pretty close to zero. I'm still putting out positive energy Geno's way of course. I'll never not cheer on for my boy.

As for my #2, Banjo? I have this calm unwavering certainty that the bear and bird are in. And not like cautious optimism, or wishful thinking... I mean like I really think he's 100% in.

Does anyone else have a character that they just absolutely know is in, and not out of support, but like this gut feeling?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Does anyone else have a character that they just absolutely know is in, and not out of support, but like this gut feeling?
I have a gut feeling all the characters I want absolutely aren't going to be DLC. Kind of the opposite of what you asked but it's still what my gut says.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd put my desire to see Banjo in Smash up with anyone's, but if you treat arguments that defend other characters with hostility or derision you're going to be left not with a discussion, but, at best, with a sterile and fawning echo chamber, and, at worst, ideologues and toxicity.

Case in point, saying stuff like Steve having popularity prior to the leaks (which he did, in certain places) should not lead to the thread burning. There is some conduct from one or two people in here that would face much more scrutiny was it not pro-Banjo.

Character threads are for support, sure, but they're also for discourse. And discourse without varying perspectives is just a hivemind.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think the best thing to do is to just move past it and take measures to stop it from happening again.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
this board was fine until certain people started acting all high & mighty
That is true, I have followed this forum like from March of last year and I never saw people acting toxic. Yeah there were a couple of rude comments towards Steve but no one took them seriously and normal conversation continued. It all started going ape**** since opposum and a couple more of people started flaming the thread and some people took the bait.
I'm super pro-banjo, wanted them since brawll speculation era but that doesn't mean I am anti-steve, I don't find the character interesting enough to join smash but if he gets in, then congratulations Steve fans and to be honest Sakurai will find a way to make him fun like almost all the characters in the game.
Let's just continue to chat like before fellow banjoroos avoiding the anti-steve comments and focusing more on ideas of how will they reveal BanjoKazooie, stage hazards ideas, etc.
Peace

osby

Smash Obsessed
That is true, I have followed this forum like from March of last year and I never saw people acting toxic. Yeah there were a couple of rude comments towards Steve but no one took them seriously and normal conversation continued. It all started going ape**** since opposum and a couple more of people started flaming the thread and some people took the bait.
I'm super pro-banjo, wanted them since brawll speculation era but that doesn't mean I am anti-steve, I don't find the character interesting enough to join smash but if he gets in, then congratulations Steve fans and to be honest Sakurai will find a way to make him fun like almost all the characters in the game.
Let's just continue to chat like before fellow banjoroos avoiding the anti-steve comments and focusing more on ideas of how will they reveal BanjoKazooie, stage hazards ideas, etc.
Peace
Just out of curiosity: Can you show an example of "flaming the thread" do you speak of?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Nobody’s been flaming the threads, smh. Just because someone is defending Steve doesn’t mean they’re against Banjo’s inclusion. Let’s all chill, eh?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Stop trying to act all high & mighty we talk about steve when its relitive to the conversation & I was always on the smash miiverse steve was brought up every so often but not that mutch, casuals will like anything & castlevania did show up in polls just noth that high up around top 100 to 150ish for the most part enugh for sakurai to notice (even project M had a castlevania stage)

so take your steve bubble & shove it go on the steve form

During the Smash Ballot, I heard Shantae's name more than anybody elses besides K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie on Miiverse. Next to K. Rool, she probably had the most fanart on Miiverse during the Ballot from what I can remember.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah shantae & shovle kight where both bug during the ballot so mucth so that there IN smash ultimate LOL

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
yeah shantae & shovle kight where both bug during the ballot so mucth so that there IN smash ultimate LOL
I literally have no idea what you're saying half the time, JonSmash. Could you please slow down and retype what you post before you post it? It's like you're smashing the keyboard to get your points across.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Peace
Please point out where I flamed literally anyone.

D

Deleted member

I have a gut feeling all the characters I want absolutely aren't going to be DLC. Kind of the opposite of what you asked but it's still what my gut says.
This is kind of how I feel for any newcomer I hear about in leaks and insiders. Even Banjo. Theoretically, he should make it in but not having it be 100% confirmed really makes me grit my teeth when I see something good hinting toward Banjo.

From what I found, some Sora fans I talked to felt the same way when the Brave stats was a topic of discussion. As an Erdrick boy, though, I was expecting Sora, but the Sora people I interacted with expected Erdrick. Kind of odd, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
When you return a day later and find all the same suspects are still in here stirring **** :rolleyes:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Literally no one is stirring anything. Can we all just take a chill pill or something?

Here, listen to the Spring theme from Click Clock Wood and take a breath!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Not true they are stuirring up **** ! we have talked about banjo & steve B4 countless times & this form has never devolved into this ever B4 trying to morally grandstand with there holier than thou attitude, if they want to talk about steve so much go talk about steve in the steve fourm but no they just want to troll & stir up trouble with there passive aggressive BS

that would be like one of us going to the steve forum & only talking about banjo telling them they can't talk how ever they want about banjo in there steve disscutions

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not true they are stuirring up **** ! we have talked about banjo & steve B4 countless times & this form has never devolved into this ever B4 trying to morally grandstand with there holier than thou attitude, if they want to talk about steve so much go talk about steve in the steve fourm but no they just want to troll & stir up trouble with there passive aggressive BS
Thing is, the Steve thread is inactive where nobody actually wants him :p

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Really ? I havent been to the steve fourm ? thats sad you figure with all they hype & demand for steve there fourm would be booming with all the "leaked info" verg has given them :troll:

but for real tho there are some people who want steve but he has never been that popular of a character its usually most poeple say "minecraft is so big so steve must be a no brainer for smash" or " *insert leaker here* said steve must be in smash!" sure said leaker keeped saying he was in the base game then back tracking to being delayed to DLC despite sakurai saying they havent even begone to do DLC yet so him being moved to DLC makes no sence CLEARLY steve isn't leak bait BANJO MUST BE LEAK BAIT !

also yay I learnd how to use emotes ! LOOK A PIKA KITTY ! :i6rkW:

D

Deleted member

Okay, let's just take a deep breath and chant EEKUM-BOKUM till we can all calm down.
Listen to the soothing sounds of the underwater.

By the way, do any of you remember that ****ing Octopus in Atlantis? That thing stressed the **** out of me as a kid.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oi, can't leave you lot alone for five minutes without this thread turning into The Room.

It's pointless to sling mud at each other when the ballot has been done and over with years ago. All that can be done now is to wait and see what has been decided for your character picks. Just stay cool and agree to disagree.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Okay, let's just take a deep breath and chant EEKUM-BOKUM till we can all calm down.

By the time that jiggy rock is finally ground to pieces we'll get our reveal trailer.

Also, the best way to end a discussion without winners is to just stop. Don't try to end it with conclusive words, just stop.

That said, if the next Nintendo Direct is really next Wednesday, do you expect any Smash reveals? I expect either some footage of Joker, or a new character announcement (probably Brave). I'm not expecting too much this time. Banjo can wait.

By the time that jiggy rock is finally ground to pieces we'll get our reveal trailer.

Also, the best way to end a discussion without winners is to just stop. Don't try to end it with conclusive words, just stop.

That said, if the next Nintendo Direct is really next Wednesday, do you expect any Smash reveals? I expect either some footage of Joker, or a new character announcement (probably Brave). I'm not expecting too much this time. Banjo can wait.
I’m not expecting anything honestly. If we do get any Smash news, it’ll just be Joker’s trailer and a release window

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I expect to see an official announcement on either Monday or Tuesday if the Wednesday Direct rumor is true.

D

Deleted member

I see Banjo highly likely for a second Fighter Pass, and a bit likely for the actual one alongside Steve.
It wouldn’t be the first time that a third party gets two playable franchises in Smash, and having both makes a lot of sense.

At the moment we need to make Microsoft associate the Banjo IP with huge benefits, either by buying any merchandising they announce and release and/or by spreading awareness of the series online through movements similar to the trend of #OperationSamusReturns .

Hope isn’t lost, and the sole idea of Microsoft content in Smash will be great news for the duo from Spiral Mountain.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I see Banjo highly likely for a second Fighter Pass, and a bit likely for the actual one alongside Steve.
It wouldn’t be the first time that a third party gets two playable franchises in Smash, and having both makes a lot of sense.

At the moment we need to make Microsoft associate the Banjo IP with huge benefits, either by buying any merchandising they announce and release and/or by spreading awareness of the series online through movements similar to the trend of #OperationSamusReturns .

Hope isn’t lost, and the sole idea of Microsoft content in Smash will be great news for the duo from Spiral Mountain.
We only know one of the 5 DLC characters so far, we have (potentially) leaks and verified in-game data mining content working in our favour. Not to mention the fact that Banjo is essentially the most requested character worldwide not yet in Smash in some role.

Like **** is it worth conceding B-K may only get in in a "second fighter pass" that may never come at this point. The only thing we need to do at the moment is keep our fingers crossed that they've been listening.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
We only know one of the 5 DLC characters so far, we have (potentially) leaks and verified in-game data mining content working in our favour. Not to mention the fact that Banjo is essentially the most requested character worldwide not yet in Smash in some role.

Like **** is it worth conceding B-K may only get in in a "second fighter pass" that may never come at this point. The only thing we need to do at the moment is keep our fingers crossed that they've been listening.
Considering K.Rool, Ridley, and Simon are in, I'm pretty confident they have been.

Top Bottom