• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I don't think he'd be welcome alongside Mario characters.
Like another favorite character of mine with a small margin of chance for making it into Smash, I feel like he'd be fine if he kept his smartass attitude, minus the naughty language. He was an N64 hero alongside Banjo, and it would be truly amazing to see Banjo, Conker, and Diddy Kong all back together again. But like I said, one step at a time. I don't want to jump the gun. Worst case scenario, they could maybe even add a few sly innuendos, just no cursing.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
THAT WOULD DEFINATLEY BE UNWELCOMED!

Nintendo has this game listed on the eshop category "Games for Kids"!!!

I do love that boss though.
I know it would be impossible, but the image of the Great Mighty Poo flinging **** at you while you fight is amazing.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
I know it would be impossible, but the image of the Great Mighty Poo flinging **** at you while you fight is amazing.
Funny story... I played that on an emulator, and the boss music failed to start for some reason. Without the music, he doesn't sing, and he never opens his mouth to reveal his weak point.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo-Kazooie came back, They'd have to be using cleaned up versions of their N64 designs. None of that Nuts and Bolts nonsense.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Does anyone know if there's a fan made rom hack for one of the N64 that either changes stuff around, adds difficulty, or makes things interesting again?

Because I really want to play a Banjo-Kazooie game but I don't feel like playing one I have memorized.

Edit:
OHH
Idea: What if there was a mod for Tooie that - wait that would be impossible.
What if there was a mod for Kazooie that you set Jiggy Scores instead of taking the Jiggies out of the levels?

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Go ahead and add me to the support list. Let's make this reunion a reality!

I'm afraid I haven't really played their games before, but I know how important they are. So I should get to it someday. N64 VC ports if Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, anyone?

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporters list. Banjo is my Number 1 smash bros want of all time. ever since the first smash bros. if we can make this reunion happen it'll make me so incredibly happy. and my inner child will have his greatest wish fulfilled.
I was pessimistic at first and didn't vote for Banjo. but after seeing the info on the first page of this thread I immediately went to the site and made my vote.
I want this to happen. this must happen.
I love banjo kazooie. my lifelong best friend and I may never have even met if it weren't for this game. it is so special to me
and now I am playing through Tooie on the N64 for the first time ever :)

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
In the unlikely event that this actually happens, hopefully the flawless music changes will carry over to this version, unlike the Xbox ones or Diddy Kong Racing DS.
Tell me more, what do you mean exactly with that? Did they make the transitions worse in the XBLA remakes?

Add me to the supporters list. Banjo is my Number 1 smash bros want of all time. ever since the first smash bros. if we can make this reunion happen it'll make me so incredibly happy. and my inner child will have his greatest wish fulfilled.
I was pessimistic at first and didn't vote for Banjo. but after seeing the info on the first page of this thread I immediately went to the site and made my vote.
I want this to happen. this must happen.
I love banjo kazooie. my lifelong best friend and I may never have even met if it weren't for this game. it is so special to me
and now I am playing through Tooie on the N64 for the first time ever :)
That's awesome, thank you! Enjoy it, it's my favorite game of all time!

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Go ahead and add me to the support list. Let's make this reunion a reality!

I'm afraid I haven't really played their games before, but I know how important they are. So I should get to it someday. N64 VC ports if Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, anyone?
That's okay buddy, I just started about a month ago.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
God the more I think about it the more I see how perfect bk is for smash with all his different moves. Not gonna lie probly gonna put what I think the moves should be pretty soon for his arsenal.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
What if they could become seperated? Would that be a good idea?

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
What if they could become seperated? Would that be a good idea?
That was a major gimmick of theirs in Banjo Tooie, but I get the feeling that is too close to a transformation similar to Sheik, ZSS and the pokemon trainer's pokemon. and those were removed from smash so everyone has one base moveset with customization options. so I don't see them adding "Split Up" as one of their gimmicks. besides they are best. and most memorable united as a team bound by a backpack

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Tell me more, what do you mean exactly with that? Did they make the transitions worse in the XBLA remakes?
One of Rare's little tricks of old was to utilize the cartridge format to swap the tone of notes out on the fly and raise and lower the volume of them to bring hidden background melodies to the fore. The games where this was most noticeable were the Banjo Kazooie franchise, especially the first one wherein the music would change as you approached certain areas in the hub world. It occurred over a very short distance but it was still something of a gradual change, making it feel totally natural.
For some reason, Microsoft appear to have been unable to replicate the same effect on the Xbox, despite the fact that the game is all on the system and so it shouldn't have the same hardware limitations as other modern games.
As a result, The transitions have become instantaneous in places and cossfades in others and it's ever so slightly jarring, though TBH only a big deal if you're actively paying attention to the music. Mind you, given how great it is, you might be.

Worse still is Diddy Kong Racing DS. I had previously assumed that the opening theme was prerecorded but apparently not as the remake completely screwed it up. In the original, the music spontaneously changed instrument every time a new character appeared on screan to match their personality. In the DS version, the entire thing was in one generic and nonspecific tone.
Given that both versions were on cartridge, there is no excuse for that. Sure, they changed some of the characters but the code for the music could still be ported surely. Just change a couple of the instruments and you're good to go.
And don't even get me started on the castle!

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
One of Rare's little tricks of old was to utilize the cartridge format to swap the tone of notes out on the fly and raise and lower the volume of them to bring hidden background melodies to the fore. The games where this was most noticeable were the Banjo Kazooie franchise, especially the first one wherein the music would change as you approached certain areas in the hub world. It occurred over a very short distance but it was still something of a gradual change, making it feel totally natural.
For some reason, Microsoft appear to have been unable to replicate the same effect on the Xbox, despite the fact that the game is all on the system and so it shouldn't have the same hardware limitations as other modern games.
As a result, The transitions have become instantaneous in places and cossfades in others and it's ever so slightly jarring, though TBH only a big deal if you're actively paying attention to the music. Mind you, given how great it is, you might be.

Worse still is Diddy Kong Racing DS. I had previously assumed that the opening theme was prerecorded but apparently not as the remake completely screwed it up. In the original, the music spontaneously changed instrument every time a new character appeared on screan to match their personality. In the DS version, the entire thing was in one generic and nonspecific tone.
Given that both versions were on cartridge, there is no excuse for that. Sure, they changed some of the characters but the code for the music could still be ported surely. Just change a couple of the instruments and you're good to go.
And don't even get me started on the castle!
Hmm I see, but I tried to check it out and didn't really see a difference. So the problem are the instant transitions?

For example, Wichtyworld:

N64:

XBOX 360:

By the way: It's been 5 days after Spencer's tweet & we already reached 15 pages... or can we say pagies? Great! :chuckle:

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
That was a major gimmick of theirs in Banjo Tooie, but I get the feeling that is too close to a transformation similar to Sheik, ZSS and the pokemon trainer's pokemon. and those were removed from smash so everyone has one base moveset with customization options. so I don't see them adding "Split Up" as one of their gimmicks. besides they are best. and most memorable united as a team bound by a backpack
Yeah I had thought about that one too. The only way I thought that that one could work without being a straight up transformation, was if Split up worked similar to Luma's AI in the Rosalina & Luma character. Where the Luma was just more or less an extension of Rosalina's own moveset, if that makes any sense.

But yeah, since transformations were axed, they definitely couldn't do a real split up :/.. but you are definitely right. They work best as a team :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I voted for Banjo & Kazooie. Let the dream live!!!!! Remember all the doubters who said Mewtwo wouldn't return? And yet, here I am. If Banjo & Kazooie ever had a shot to be in Smash Bros., this is it!!! They totally deserve it. The games were among the very best of the N64 library, better than Super Mario 64 for sure. Rally and make it happen people!!!

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I see what you mean, maybe it's just me and/or my crappy Xbox then.
Would be interesting if there was one advantage towards the XBLA versions, but I guess I have to keep being jealous on the XBOX 360 owners if it's that minor or non-existant ...

edit:

New gameplay trailer from Project Spark's "Conker's Big Reunion"!

Conker gained some expressions! But they made it a bit too epic, don't you think? :grin:

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I voted for Banjo & Kazooie. Let the dream live!!!!! Remember all the doubters who said Mewtwo wouldn't return? And yet, here I am. If Banjo & Kazooie ever had a shot to be in Smash Bros., this is it!!! They totally deserve it. The games were among the very best of the N64 library, better than Super Mario 64 for sure. Rally and make it happen people!!!
Since when did you have a Nintendo 64 in Cerulean cave? >w>

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You know what would be a great help for our cause?

JonTron making a video telling people how Phil Spencer said Banjo is possible, and telling people to go vote for them.
He has just about 1.7 million subscribers on YouTube, with each of his videos getting more views than he has subscribers, and could really help get the word out there.

Someone spam his Twitter.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Would be interesting if there was one advantage towards the XBLA versions, but I guess I have to keep being jealous on the XBOX 360 owners if it's that minor or non-existant ...

edit:

New gameplay trailer from Project Spark's "Conker's Big Reunion"!

Conker gained some expressions! But they made it a bit too epic, don't you think? :grin:
That looks legitimately good, don't know why people are complaining. It's not a new Conker game sure, but it's the next best thing.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Final Smash?
For Banjo? Some suggest the Mighty Jinjonator, The thing that finished off Grunty in the first game.

Another being from JameDNaux's moveset: "Wonder Wing Flight
Kazooie uses both gold feathers and red feathers to take off into the air and gain invulnerability. During flight, she can rapid fire golden eggs to inflict damage, or Beak Bomb into opponents. The final smash ends after the 10 feather counter drops to 0."

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
For Banjo? Some suggest the Mighty Jinjonator, The thing that finished off Grunty in the first game.

Another being from JameDNaux's moveset: "Wonder Wing Flight
Kazooie uses both gold feathers and red feathers to take off into the air and gain invulnerability. During flight, she can rapid fire golden eggs to inflict damage, or Beak Bomb into opponents. The final smash ends after the 10 feather counter drops to 0."
Hmm that would kind of rip off Yoshi and Charizard. But I'm down to this as well, if it has a rock-remix of the B-K theme playing while its happening :awesome:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hmm that would kind of rip off Yoshi and Charizard. But I'm down to this as well, if it has a rock-remix of the B-K theme playing while its happening :awesome:
It'd be more like Super Sonic since you can ram into people with the Golden Feathers.

I'd imagine the eggs would work more like Diddy Kong's FS as well.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Isn't Diddy Kong Racing 2 coming to Wii U this year?
That was a rumor, though nothing disproves it just yet.
wait WHAT?!

Edit
Just read about it here: https://kevincallahangames.wordpress.com/2014/07/09/the-strange-development-of-diddy-kong-racing-2/

I don't know whether to believe it or not, but it's extremely interesting. I always loved Diddy Kong Racing becauce it was different from Mario Kart in so many ways, and I preferred DKR to MK64. It's so nostalgic for me, and if we can get DKR2, surely we can get DKR for the Wii U VC?

Last edited:

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
You know what would be a great help for our cause?

JonTron making a video telling people how Phil Spencer said Banjo is possible, and telling people to go vote for them.
He has just about 1.7 million subscribers on YouTube, with each of his videos getting more views than he has subscribers, and could really help get the word out there.

Someone spam his Twitter.
I've been tweeting to him and GameXplain. So far, really only Etika has made a video on it. Zero thankfully wants Banjo in more than any other character interestingly, so that's good. But yes, we definitely need JonTron to make a video. I am genuinely surprised that no one is making videos on this but people are still telling their fans to go vote for Wolf. And a bunch of people who want Isaac from Golden Sun.

I don't care if Isaac gets in as long as Banjo gets in first. XD Or Rayman. Or Krystal. Then Isaac can come, I won't care.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
I think I might have noticed something like that with Tooie... I can't test it because the copy I have on the N64 was preowned and didn't work. And my original copy was stolen when my parents threw something like a veterans day type of party, and I slept long enough for there to be guests when I woke up. There was some kid that I never seen before, and never seen again. Nobody cared while I dwelled on it - mentioning it constantly for several months, then eventually realizing what I was trying to say 500 million times. I was really mad too because I was almost done with a week long playthrough.

Wait. I think I got off topic... Oh yeah. I think I noticed something like a song starts over when you step onto the lifeless ground of King Jingo's place in the XBLA version. I can't check that, but if you could give me an example of it happening in the first game, I have it in my N64 right now.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Support, I'd love to see Banjo and Kazooie in action in Smash! I've only started playing the game, but I really like it so far! :4dedede:

Top Bottom