• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

MagnesD3

Smash Master
It's according to some artist. Read post comment.

>Train
Oh no not another spirit tracks level!
We shouldn't just assume based on 2 people that it would completely alienate the anti-Microsoft crowd. Considering I am anti-Microsoft. I just love Banjoland because it's a huge tribute to the past, combines many good things and it's just a nice thought that the developers wanted to make it. If the bear and bird duo have any sort of "tour" style level, Banjoland is still a no-brainer, and covers more games and levels than Ol' King Coal's train can even access.
Ah, they should take a look here and redo it :)

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'd say Spiral Mountain or Grunty's Lair. They're far more iconic than Banjoland.

That moveset Playtonic posted on FB has some good qualities but most of it is meh...

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
This needs to be on the front page! Above or beyond the movesets, but NOT hidden in a spoiler tab!

Well, what I got was this (searched for "XBOX mascot"):

• Master Chief (Halo)
  • Arbiter (Halo)
  • Diadact (Halo)
  • Agent Locke (Halo)
  • Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
  • Cole (Gears of War)
  • General Raam (Gears of War)
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie)
  • Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
  • Conker
  • Horstachio (Viva Pinata)
  • The Battletoads (all 3 are palette swaps & in the same spot)
  • Kameo
  • Jago (Killer Instinct)
  • Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
  • Sadira (Killer Instinct)
  • Hisako (Killer Instinct)
  • Frank & The Maw (The Maw)
  • 'Splosion Man/Ms. 'Splosion Man (same character select spot)
  • Max (Max: The Curse of Brotherhood)
  • Minecraft Steve
  • Ori (Ori & the Blind Forest)
  • Fables Hero
  • Phantom Dust character
  • Crackdown Agent (Black guy from the cover)
  • Alan Wake
  • Quantum Break Main Character
  • Sunset Overdrive character (Either boxart/trailer guy or somehow importing your character's look)
  • Scalebound Main Character
  • Frank West (Dead Rising)
  • Male Commander Shepard/Female Commander Shepard (Same spot)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid)
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  • Captain Price (Call of Duty)

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Do you mean Facebook-pages? What exactly bothers you?
Facebook and quite possibly other social media sites too, place cookies on your computer to track your internet history. The official story as to why they do this is that it lets them tailor adverts specially to you. What they actually do, however, is anyone's guess and any data of yours they have they can legally do anything they want with (including selling it) if you have been a member any time after january 2013.
I was once suckered into Facebook and quit in response to that ruling but, since it took them a fortnight to purge my account, I am still technically bound to it if I ever visit the site again. Thus I would rather all social media links be marked clearly as such and anything that could be as easily conveyed through rehosting images not directly link to the site.

Luckily, in this instance, the source was visible from the text and I have a separate ultra high privacy browser on hand just incase.

Note: I'm mostly paranoid but there are serious privacy and moral issues with Facebook.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Thus I would rather all social media links be marked clearly as such and anything that could be as easily conveyed through rehosting images not directly link to the site.

Luckily, in this instance, the source was visible from the text and I have a separate ultra high privacy browser on hand just incase.

Note: I'm mostly paranoid but there are serious privacy and moral issues with Facebook.
This.
When I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to open a Facebook link, even though it means nothing because they can see my IP, I only open facebook in an incognito window.
I wish the local Smash events could be followed without me using my secret facebook account that has it's own email address to keep it from looking at my address book and contact history.

Don't tell anyone that I have a secret facebook account. I only lurk on it for 3 minutes every 3 months. (and I would do it through a vpn if I had one.)

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Long time ago mate.

I almost wish I could get my hands on the OP, I'd go all out on it like I did for Rayman. So many ideas...
Yeah, kind of forgot about this since it wasn't on the front page. Too bad that our OP became OP of the support thread in a rather accidental way... I guess he didn't choose that :grin:

Last edited:

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Is there seriously anyone that knows anyone who can read Japanese? I'd really like some help with something XD

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hmm I see, but I tried to check it out and didn't really see a difference. So the problem are the instant transitions?

For example, Wichtyworld:

N64:

XBOX 360:

By the way: It's been 5 days after Spencer's tweet & we already reached 15 pages... or can we say pagies? Great! :chuckle:
Eight more and we'll have a full Cheato's worth.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
>Train
Oh no not another spirit tracks level!
We shouldn't just assume based on 2 people that it would completely alienate the anti-Microsoft crowd. Considering I am anti-Microsoft. I just love Banjoland because it's a huge tribute to the past, combines many good things and it's just a nice thought that the developers wanted to make it. If the bear and bird duo have any sort of "tour" style level, Banjoland is still a no-brainer, and covers more games and levels than Ol' King Coal's train can even access.
It won't put off everyone and I'm not exactly convinced on another Spirit Tracks either but I don't feel like Banjoland is the answer we're looking for. The train could easily pass through environments it never actually went to before but it's hardly ideal either as we want a likable stage, not just one that showcases the series.

Also, yes, Banjo Kirby!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
It won't put off everyone and I'm not exactly convinced on another Spirit Tracks either but I don't feel like Banjoland is the answer we're looking for. The train could easily pass through environments it never actually went to before but it's hardly ideal either as we want a likable stage, not just one that showcases the series.

Also, yes, Banjo Kirby!
Yeah. It needs to be a stage that Banjo fans as a whole will remember anyway.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Stage Idea
Gruntilda's Lair

Castle Siege stage of sorts. First, you start fighting on the rim of the hat. Its basically a Final Destination style part, with no real dangers to the player on it. After about 35 seconds, the stage will transform quickly into a place like...

Treasure Trove Cove. This stage part does have walkoffs, but also has pleanty of room to battle! Its a tad large, with the center being a powerful spot to control. However, the stage does have small rope ladders that are soft platforms! After ~30 seconds, its transformation time.

Freezeesy Peak! Here, the Snoman's Hat is the stage, with a few present platforms to boot. The present platforms Will sometimes slide down his scarf, but don't fear, this only drops you onto the rim of the hat. This is the smallest transformation part of the stage by a good margin. About The size of Halberd. ~40 Seconds to Transformation.

Rusty Bucket Bay. You duel on the tops of the Smokestacks, with a bridge connecting them. The cranes can occasionally act as platforms, lingering towards the edge at 45 degrees above the ledges, but they can slowly turn away, and staying aboard could be fatal, akin to Town and City. This area is big, about the size of Pokemon Stadium. ~35 seconds till transformation

Click Clock wood. Here, you duke it out on top of Mumbo's hut, with leaves from trees forming the other platforms, akin to a mini big battlefield (75% of the size). The leaves will blow off for fall and winter, bringing the platform layout to a battlefield layout. ~35 seconds till transformation.

Gruntilda's Peak. After three transformations, you go to the peak. There are platforms, akin to say Pokemon Stadium. Its about 15% bigger than pokemon stadium though, so it does favor some faster characters. Gruntilda will fly around the stage, but the only threat she poses is quips about the battlers, in the most insulting of rhymes. ~45 seconds till transformation, in which you go back to the start.

Stage Song List
Banjo Kazooie Intro Remix
Banjo Kazooie Medley
Gruntilda Final Battle
Hag 1
Mr Patches Battle Theme
Cloud Cucku Land
Rusty Bucket Bay
Treasure Trove Cove

Thoughts?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Stage Idea
Gruntilda's Lair

Castle Siege stage of sorts. First, you start fighting on the rim of the hat. Its basically a Final Destination style part, with no real dangers to the player on it. After about 35 seconds, the stage will transform quickly into a place like...

Treasure Trove Cove. This stage part does have walkoffs, but also has pleanty of room to battle! Its a tad large, with the center being a powerful spot to control. However, the stage does have small rope ladders that are soft platforms! After ~30 seconds, its transformation time.

Freezeesy Peak! Here, the Snoman's Hat is the stage, with a few present platforms to boot. The present platforms Will sometimes slide down his scarf, but don't fear, this only drops you onto the rim of the hat. This is the smallest transformation part of the stage by a good margin. About The size of Halberd. ~40 Seconds to Transformation.

Rusty Bucket Bay. You duel on the tops of the Smokestacks, with a bridge connecting them. The cranes can occasionally act as platforms, lingering towards the edge at 45 degrees above the ledges, but they can slowly turn away, and staying aboard could be fatal, akin to Town and City. This area is big, about the size of Pokemon Stadium. ~35 seconds till transformation

Click Clock wood. Here, you duke it out on top of Mumbo's hut, with leaves from trees forming the other platforms, akin to a mini big battlefield (75% of the size). The leaves will blow off for fall and winter, bringing the platform layout to a battlefield layout. ~35 seconds till transformation.

Gruntilda's Peak. After three transformations, you go to the peak. There are platforms, akin to say Pokemon Stadium. Its about 15% bigger than pokemon stadium though, so it does favor some faster characters. Gruntilda will fly around the stage, but the only threat she poses is quips about the battlers, in the most insulting of rhymes. ~45 seconds till transformation, in which you go back to the start.

Stage Song List
Banjo Kazooie Intro Remix
Banjo Kazooie Medley
Gruntilda Final Battle
Hag 1
Mr Patches Battle Theme
Cloud Cucku Land
Rusty Bucket Bay
Treasure Trove Cove

Thoughts?
I am really not a fan of Castle Siege or stages like it because I feel transformations should be explained, not just lazy cut-aways.
I would like a seasonally transforming Click Clock Wood but that gimmick has already been taken by the latest Yoshi's Island and the Animal Crossing stages.

I do think that a travel around Gruntilda's Lair stage would be the way to go though if it could be implemented intuitively. Perhaps instead of the cut-away we could have Master and Crazy Hand piece together a stage out of jiggies at the start and disassemble it every 30 seconds, leaving the fighters on a blank picture frame until they assemble the next scene. This would do away with the actual lair but keep a very similar traveling aspect.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you guys stop by the Official Character Discussion Thread, JonTron had finally voted for Banjo and spread the word to his fans on Twitter. I've got to say it took that sexy bearded badass long enough.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
The more I think about it the more I realize I prefer just a static stage. There are too many transforming/ delfino plaza like stages in the game as is

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The more I think about it the more I realize I prefer just a static stage. There are too many transforming/ delfino plaza like stages in the game as is
But...but muh Isle o' Hags...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Congratulations on getting JonTron to vote. While I think Banjo is a little less likely than what people think (no offense), it's glad to see you guys get someone famous to spread the word.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Long time ago mate.

I almost wish I could get my hands on the OP, I'd go all out on it like I did for Rayman. So many ideas...
It'd be interesting if his shorts and backpack changed color with each palette swap, like with :4ness:.

Just beat Treasure Trove Cove as well. Does it matter if you collect everything first playthrough? I only got 98 / 100 notes in TTC and 100 / 100 in MM.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
It'd be interesting if his shorts and backpack changed color with each palette swap, like with :4ness:.

Just beat Treasure Trove Cove as well. Does it matter if you collect everything first playthrough? I only got 98 / 100 notes in TTC and 100 / 100 in MM.
Hmm not sure. You at least need to make sure you are getting enough to open each of the note doors in Grunty's Lair. Collecting all the jingos can be helpful though, as collecting all of those in a world gives you a jiggy.
My friend is still hard at work on his Banjo render. Here's a sneak peak!

http://i.imgur.com/4zUP61e.jpg
Well thats looking cool! Can't wait to see the finished product

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
@ Banjodorf Banjodorf Isle O' Hags is amazing... Music and all. Plus Grunty's Lair... Why does the travel concept make too much sense? Grunty's tower could be a possible static setting though. Spiral Mountain could just be on the literal Spiral Mountain. Idk how platforms would be laid out

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
@ Banjodorf Banjodorf Isle O' Hags is amazing... Music and all. Plus Grunty's Lair... Why does the travel concept make too much sense? Grunty's tower could be a possible static setting though. Spiral Mountain could just be on the literal Spiral Mountain. Idk how platforms would be laid out
I had thought the same thing, in terms of the top of Grunty's tower. Grunty could be a stage hazard there, trying to hit the fighters with spells, and try to ram into them on her broom

It be funny if in an easter egg, if Banjo activated a Jinjonator final smash, upon finishing it, if it could knock the grunty hazard off the tower... lol

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It just does. If I could find the old thread, I could pull up my big moveset/stuff post I did; I envisioned an Isle o' Hags map where the transitions make sense because occasionally Chuffy would come pick you up. Just as a way to get all the wonderful music in there. Oh man, Tooie's such a great game...

Spiral Mountain in all likelihood would be the locale chosen, though. Which is fine. As long as Banjo's there, anything's fine (except the Microsoft design.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So I just had a thought. On a Spiral Mountain or Jinjo Village stage, it'd be perfectly awesome for Banjo to have a Smash Taunt where Bottles and Jamjars show up and talk about the fighters.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Actually 100%ing levels is irrelevant but you'll need all the jiggies and notes you can get if you want to make it to the very end. You can only miss maybe 6 jiggies in the whole game if you want to battle the boss and notes never become irrelevant either.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Actually 100%ing levels is irrelevant but you'll need all the jiggies and notes you can get if you want to make it to the very end. You can only miss maybe 6 jiggies in the whole game if you want to battle the boss and notes never become irrelevant either.
More platformers should have that high of a % requirement to complete the game.

I'm not a fan of more stage bosses even though I love grunty

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
More platformers should have that high of a % requirement to complete the game.

I'm not a fan of more stage bosses even though I love grunty
She would at least need to make some appearance though if it were on top of her tower.. I mean you can't have Grunty's tower without Grunty after all

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
My friend is still hard at work on his Banjo render. Here's a sneak peak!

http://i.imgur.com/4zUP61e.jpg
Your friend is amazing!
Yep we talked about this before. Of course that's just my opinion, but I find both Banjos and Kazooies new design rather ugly/weird. I hope they stick to the old design.

Old one:

New one:

I'd be down with a merge of the two. With the original design having a little more influence.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Your friend is amazing!

I'd be down with a merge of the two. With the original design having a little more influence.

That actually looks fine, and pretty much what I hope for in a new Banjo game. I mean, Conker in his new game looks really good, and faithful to the original design. I hope the team in charge of the next Banjo game understand how much fans of the series disliked the redesign.

This compromise keeps the spirit of the original, with updates for graphics. That, and Kazooie actually looks like Kazooie. Seriously, she and Banjo need the big cartoony eyes to look like themselves. The eyes on the N&B redesign are so horrid I could puke.

Last edited:
oh man I just realized if Rare is making a banjo game I wont be able to play it. . .im never buying an Xbone but thats the only place a banjo game could go to :/

Top Bottom