• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone else here voting for other Rare characters? King K.Rool, Dixie, Krystal or Conker?

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else here voting for other Rare characters? King K.Rool, Dixie, Krystal or Conker?
I like K.Rool, but I don't have a real connection to him, so I don't vote for him. I voted for Rayman as well, but right now, I pretty much stuck with Banjo. Dixie & Krystal don't really interest me that much & Conker is awesome, but highly unlikely.

Even if it sounds weird, he kind of fits to the Bayonetta scheme: They would need to butcher his character in order to fit in the game. And that would suck & displease fans. Also, of all Rare characters, he might be the least one Nintendo's willing to support (hell, they barely supported Bad Fur Day when it launched. In Europe, they didn't even publish it). When Nintendo needs to start extra negotations with Microsoft, they would clearly prefer a character like Banjo. I would love nothing more than seeing him in there, but it is truly unlikely to have him there and I'm not motivated to struggle against all these negative factors.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
So far I've thrown in one vote, and it was for Shantae. Sorry guys ._.

I still plan on voting for the Bear & Bird, and for Rayman, as I still think they both are worthy for a spot as well. Its funny with Shantae. I started out barely knowing about her series. But the more I saw of the campaign, and the more I read on her, the more I was convinced. She is a character that doesn't deserve the obscurity she has.. Most of her games are on Nintendo consoles. (An exception being Risky's revenge.. but even that was just ports for the iOS and Steam. It's primary release was on DSiWare). I can quote some other posts I have made on my views of her if I need to.

Last edited:

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
So far I've thrown in one vote, and it was for Shantae. Sorry guys ._.

I still plan on voting for the Bear & Bird, and for Rayman, as I still think they both are worthy for a spot as well. Its funny with Shantae. I started out barely knowing about her series. But the more I saw of the campaign, and the more I read on her, the more I was convinced. She is a character that doesn't deserve the obscurity she has.. Most of her games are on Nintendo consoles. (An exception being Risky's revenge.. but even that was just ports for the iOS and Steam. It's primary release was on DSiWare). I can quote some other posts I have made on my views of her if I need to.
That's unnecessary. Just vote for Banjo-Kazooie several times and all shall be forgiven. ^-^

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I kinda wish we could just get Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, and Shantae as the third party characters, and whoever else they plan on adding, so we can all be happy. Though I know thats unlikely..

See, its not that I'm for, or against anyone here. I just want characters that I think are deserving to get in. Banjo, being one of them.. I think this is probably why I ended up supporting more than just one character actually. It's very difficult for me to just support one character, and throw other possibilities to the wayside. It would be biased, and foolish of me.

Anyway, Banjo has a very large chance now anyway. Our support is rising, and its looking brighter than ever. I'll definitely be throwing a vote in for Banjo either way, no matter who all I ended up going with. The Bear and Bird must have and NEED their chance. ^_^

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With both Microsoft and PlayTonic games advocating for the duo's inclusion, I wonder when the hell is JonTron and GameXplain going to make a video about the subject. The latter is actually done with a trailer analysis for Fire Emblem iF while the former had been M.I.A. for a quite some time. Sure some campaigns are fine and dandy, but these two need as much attention as possible if they will ever compete with the likes of Shovel Knight and Snake.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
With both Microsoft and PlayTonic games advocating for the duo's inclusion, I wonder when the hell is JonTron and GameXplain going to make a video about the subject. The latter is actually done with a trailer analysis for Fire Emblem iF while the former had been M.I.A. for a quite some time. Sure some campaigns are fine and dandy, but these two need as much attention as possible if they will ever compete with the likes of Shovel Knight and Snake.
Shovel Knight I don't really think we have to worry about all that much. He is still a fairly young indie character. He also only has one game so far.

As for Snake, I'm not too sure on the guy. I at least expect to see an early announcement for Wolf as DLC (I mean both Doctor Mario, and now Mewtwo are back from melee. Don't see why two characters can't be back from brawl, Lucas and another) But Snake is kinda iffy now. Despite his presence last game, their relationship with Nintendo has been somewhat rocky. I mean they straight up refused to port that Metal Gear Solid V to Wii U, yet still wants him in Smash again.. thats kinda funny when you think about it.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Snake won't come back unless Konami ports MGSV or MGS Collection to Wii U.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Look who's a BK supporter! :)

ZeRo supporting both B&K and K. Rool might be a big help for support for them! YAY!

Getting so much attention for this, I'm sure Nintendo's been bombarded with B&K stuff by now. And that they're at least aware of the quickly growing demand, now that we're not stuck in pure pipe dream territory anymore.

We might just make a difference after all. I'm not one for believing in miracles, but man, I can't even express how much B&K getting into Smash would mean to me, and all this support is really helping!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
My votes so far have been on Banjo, Bomberman, Rayman, Pichu, Krystal and Augumon.

Bomberman and Rayman are both major gaming legends on par with Megaman who have a clear connection to Nintendo and Pichu is a former Smash character who, despite being a pure clone, had a unique gimmick that completely changed the way he played and made him one of the most interesting fighters in Melee. He does not deserve the poor treatment he gets.
Next, we have Krystal, who fills a niche the game sorely needs. No, I'm not talking about that "Smash needs more women" crap. I'm talking Starfox reps. Thusfar the franchise has seen a grand total of ONE moveset and that needs to change, even if one of the main antagonists has to be left out to do it.
Then we have Banjo, the Nintendo character who's unfortunate circumstances have kept him out of Smash for way too long.
Finally Agumon. Oh Agumon. You're a big name and I love you so but your own games do suck rather, don't they Agumon? Wouldn't it be great if people gave you a real chance to shine?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Snake won't come back unless Konami ports MGSV or MGS Collection to Wii U.
MGSV won't happen, at least if Konami heeds Kojima's advice, as he said a brand new game would work better on the system.

And why would that impact Snake's chances at all? For all any of us can tell, Sakurai may add Snake as DLC as a parting tribute to his good friend.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
My votes so far have been on Banjo, Bomberman, Rayman, Pichu, Krystal and Augumon.

Bomberman and Rayman are both major gaming legends on par with Megaman who have a clear connection to Nintendo and Pichu is a former Smash character who, despite being a pure clone, had a unique gimmick that completely changed the way he played and made him one of the most interesting fighters in Melee. He does not deserve the poor treatment he gets.
Next, we have Krystal, who fills a niche the game sorely needs. No, I'm not talking about that "Smash needs more women" crap. I'm talking Starfox reps. Thusfar the franchise has seen a grand total of ONE moveset and that needs to change, even if one of the main antagonists has to be left out to do it.
Then we have Banjo, the Nintendo character who's unfortunate circumstances have kept him out of Smash for way too long.
Finally Agumon. Oh Agumon. You're a big name and I love you so but your own games do suck rather, don't they Agumon? Wouldn't it be great if people gave you a real chance to shine?
Heh Agumon. Probably one of my favorites of the bunch too. Am I the only one that remembers and found this hilarious?:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Out of curiosity, assuming the Disney Banjo movie will be an actual thing, do you think it could work? Do you think Disney would be the right company for Banjo?

Me personally, I'm not sure, it would be weird hearing Banjo and the cast talk.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Heh Agumon. Probably one of my favorites of the bunch too. Am I the only one that remembers and found this hilarious?:
Thanks, I'd completely forgotten about that. Man, I need to find the time to rewatch the first 2 series soon.

Out of curiosity, assuming the Disney Banjo movie will be an actual thing, do you think it could work? Do you think Disney would be the right company for Banjo?
Yes but it would also be weird watching a western CGI animation subtitled like anime. I think the rumoured Wreck it Ralph team are more likely to do the duo justice than most big movie corporations atleast.

EDIT: Imagine if they tried to turn it into a musical, every song on some combination of banjo (Banjo), kazoo (Kazooie), flute (Tootie), xylophone (Mumbo), Violin/Harp (Grunty) or water filled bottles (Bottles).

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

Hmm, the Banjo series for me was all about quirky characters and dark humor (especially Tooie). If I'd compare the spirit of Banjo to a movie / company, it would be Dreamworks with Shrek. I loved how they disrespected all the fairytale cliches & included so many weird characters. Not to say the many fart and burp sounds, he!

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Hmm, the Banjo series for me was all about quirky characters and dark humor (especially Tooie). If I'd compare the spirit of Banjo to a movie / company, it would be Dreamworks with Shrek. I loved how they disrespected all the fairytale cliches & included so many weird characters. Not to say the many fart and burp sounds, he!
Yes! Early Shrek had a very appropriate feel for a Banjo Kazooie movie. I didn't really feel the sequels lived up to that though.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Thanks, I'd completely forgotten about that. Man, I need to find the time to rewatch the first 2 series soon.

Yes but it would also be weird watching a western CGI animation subtitled like anime. I think the rumoured Wreck it Ralph team are more likely to do the duo justice than most big movie corporations atleast.

EDIT: Imagine if they tried to turn it into a musical, every song on some combination of banjo (Banjo), kazoo (Kazooie), flute (Tootie), xylophone (Mumbo), Violin/Harp (Grunty) or water filled bottles (Bottles).
Grunty would feel right at home with all of her constant rhyming.. XD

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
I never really felt Banjo-Tooie to be all that dark outside of the 12 deaths at the beginning of the game.
I could never actually put my finger on what gave it it's charm though. But now that I know what makes the IT Crowd funny, I think it's just a thing that only the British can do.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
.... *Claps*

Well done
Thank you.

I really like that design, the perfect mix of classic and modern. I've always had a soft spot for Nuts and Bolts' art style. Mainly because I like the game don't kill me.
I did not draw it. I just did a bunch of editing.
That art was posted earlier in the thread, and I wanted to use it specifically.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Things sure are slow tonight.. We need something to talk about... Oh I know. We have all this talk of third party characters, but we haven't even thought of what would make for some good first party additions. What do you guys think we could see? I'll bring up some that have accumulated popularity, as well as those I have seen show up all over the net... as well as some personal thoughts (Note: I'll also be taking in series that already have a lot of reps too. As there are still some candidates even there surprisingly. Feel free to throw in any you think would fit too!)

Mario:
Captain Toad - I can certainly see this character having an interesting movest.. Plus, he will more than likely be a surpisingly heavy character.. which would be interesting. (Thanks to that backpack... why does he carry that thing again? XD)
Daisy - Definitely see this one cropping up a lot too. I could see her fighting alongside Peach. Would her moveset be sports themed, or something else?

Yoshi: I know, this is technically still Mario.. buuuuutt.. one I think would be cool..:
Kamek - This fella has been a prominent characters in the Yoshi games.. besides baby bowser anyway. (Not to mention his influence in the more recent Mario titles). His magic abilties would provide an interesting and unique refresher.

Donkey Kong: In this series, I see two contenders
Dixie - Dixie Kong has standings thanks to her recent appearance.. plus her hair based attacks would prove to be unique
King K. Rool - Despite his absence in some recent titles (Dang it Retro...) He is still an important villain to the DK series. Plus his various boss fights throughout the series provide plenty of unique material for a moveset.

Zelda:
Impa - While Ghirahim, Midna, and Skull Kid would have made for decent characters, the fact that their in the game as assist trophies hurts their chances. (Though there "could" be a possibility for work arounds.. no way of knowing if they would go through with it though) Impa could certainly have a chance (Especially considering possible influence on a moveset from Hyrule warriors)
Darunia - Here is something that would be interesting. Being a goron, he would be a force to be reckoned with. Despite being somewhat slow, that rolly thing they can do would certainly prove alarming for unexpecting fighters! Of course he would fall and sink like a rock though now that I think about it...

Metroid: Lets face it.. The Metroid series has to be one of the most under-represented of the series. Not even referring to Ridley here. There are plenty of options in Metroid prime 3.. even Hunters could give something.. anything :/
Rundas - One of the first hunters you fight in Prime 3. Was fairly important to the early story (Those that have played the game will know what I mean) His ice based attacks would definitely freshen up the Metroid lineup.

Kirby:
Bandana Dee - Come on! The little guy has been very important lately in the Kirby series.. The Kirby line up practically feels like it has a void without the little guy :/

Star Fox: Though I still believe the series will be getting Wolf back..
Krystal - With use of her staff, she could provide a refereshing break from the cookie cutter moveset the other three have had..

Pokemon: While I personally think this one is fine as is (I mean its gonna be back up to 6 reps thanks to Mewtwo).. I personally think, if it got a new rep..
Sceptile - It would need a new grass type. The loss of a grass starter was somewhat saddening.. Double grass type attacks with Sceptile's speed, and you would have a new rep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thats about it. If you guys have anything else to add, shoot!

Last edited:

ChainArmour712

Smash Cadet
Things sure are slow tonight.. We need something to talk about... Oh I know. We have all this talk of third party characters, but we haven't even thought of what would make for some good first party additions. What do you guys think we could see? I'll bring up some that have accumulated popularity, as well as those I have seen show up all over the net... as well as some personal thoughts (Note: I'll also be taking in series that already have a lot of reps too. As there are still some candidates even there surprisingly. Feel free to throw in any you think would fit too!)

Mario:
Captain Toad - I can certainly see this character having an interesting movest.. Plus, he will more than likely be a surpisingly heavy character.. which would be interesting. (Thanks to that backpack... why does he carry that thing again? XD)
Daisy - Definitely see this one cropping up a lot too. I could see her fighting alongside Peach. Would her moveset be sports themed, or something else?

Yoshi: I know, this is technically still Mario.. buuuuutt.. one I think would be cool..:
Kamek - This fella has been a prominent characters in the Yoshi games.. besides baby bowser anyway. (Not to mention his influence in the more recent Mario titles). His magic abilties would provide an interesting and unique refresher.

Donkey Kong: In this series, I see two contenders
Dixie - Dixie Kong has standings thanks to her recent appearance.. plus her hair based attacks would prove to be unique
King K. Rool - Despite his absence in some recent titles (Dang it Retro...) He is still an important villain to the DK series. Plus his various boss fights throughout the series provide plenty of unique material for a moveset.

Zelda:
Impa - While Ghirahim, Midna, and Skull Kid would have made for decent characters, the fact that their in the game as assist trophies hurts their chances. (Though there "could" be a possibility for work arounds.. no way of knowing if they would go through with it though) Impa could certainly have a chance (Especially considering possible influence on a moveset from Hyrule warriors)
Darunia - Here is something that would be interesting. Being a goron, he would be a force to be reckoned with. Despite being somewhat slow, that rolly thing they can do would certainly prove alarming for unexpecting fighters! Of course he would fall and sink like a rock though now that I think about it...

Metroid: Lets face it.. The Metroid series has to be one of the most under-represented of the series. Not even referring to Ridley here. There are plenty of options in Metroid prime 3.. even Hunters could give something.. anything :/
Rundas - One of the first hunters you fight in Prime 3. Was fairly important to the early story (Those that have played the game will know what I mean) His ice based attacks would definitely freshen up the Metroid lineup.

Kirby:
Bandana Dee - Come on! The little guy has been very important lately in the Kirby series.. The Kirby line up practically feels like it has a void without the little guy :/

Star Fox: Though I still believe the series will be getting Wolf back..
Krystal - With use of her staff, she could provide a refereshing break from the cookie cutter moveset the other three have had..

Pokemon: While I personally think this one is fine as is (I mean its gonna be back up to 6 reps thanks to Mewtwo).. I personally think, if it got a new rep..
Sceptile - It would need a new grass type. The loss of a grass starter was somewhat saddening.. Double grass type attacks with Sceptile's speed, and you would have a new rep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thats about it. If you guys have anything else to add, shoot!

Some interesting points, though I definitely want to see Wolf back and most definitely don't want Krystal.

Two ideas I'd like to throw in are:

Pokemon Trainer Red with a new moveset so he would actually be fighting himself (Villager is a good example here). His moves would be based on items from the games, with a few Zelda Phantom-style pokemon attacks. I think the humans are a necessary and important part of the pokemon universe and bringing back its most famous trainer would be a welcome addition to the roster.

Ray from Custom Robo, He represents a totally new series and is its main representative. The games are not as popular as some other series, but the fan support is there especially in Japan. His universe got much attention in Melee and Brawl as well with the Custom Robo trophies. Along with Issac, he is a strong choice as the lead in a semi-popular IP. His moveset would be primarily projectile based, with a unique 2-phase air dash double jump and a playstyle blending Samus and Snake.

But this is the Banjo thread after all so let's not derail things too much! Our Bear is still a much more famous choice than either of the two guys I just mentioned and brings a lot of new things to the table himself. Has anyone heard from any actual Rare employees as to what they think of it?

Last edited:

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
But this is the Banjo thread after all so let's not derail things too much! Our Bear is still a much more famous choice than either of the two guys I just mentioned and brings a lot of new things to the table himself. Has anyone heard from any actual Rare employees as to what they think of it?
This.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Okay, so....

How many globows did Humba Wumba Wombo Combo into her pool to go from looking like she was in her 30's or 40's in Tooie to looking around age 20 or younger in Nuts n Bolts?

Last edited:

RareMan7

Smash Rookie
Just cast my vote for the Bear and Bird! Banjo-Kazooie was my favourite game in my childhood and it would mean the world to me if they actually made it in!

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
I wish not to jump the gun, but if Banjo & Kazooie make in into Smash, I fully intend to ask Spence if

1. Banjo & Kazooie have any chance of being veteran fighters for 5mash.

2. If they could be joined by their friend the squirrel. ;)
I don't think he'd be welcome alongside Mario characters.

Top Bottom