• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
What I saw:

*Dashes off to go tattle tale on you to the Waddle Dee boards* :lick:

Geez, when I said "single vote" I was referring to the first vote that he'd see, not trying to say that Adeleine has got only one vote, I'm sure she has multiple!

I feel the same. Just don't tell the Bandana Dee thread I said that though, lol.

True, and I admire this sentiment. When speculation overlaps with want, when what's "likely" is what you want, rather than just what you expect, then you never really deserved to vote anyway. I admire character fanbases like Adeleines because the only thing that truly keeps them alive is the love for the character, rather than just a list of credentials and "relevance" ticked off by that character. Though I'd admit Adeleine being leaked and such a thing as Adeleine bandwagoners appearing would be quite amusing :laugh:

She's got more than just A single vote sure!
Anyways, with the way he buffed his precious Kirby characters in Brawl, he'd probably have a heyday~

I like Adeleine WAAAY better than that stupid Waddle Dee thing... it's just a common enemy! it's like asking for a Goomba to be playable wtf!?
Adeleine is much more unique~ :love:

FUN FACT: Back when I played SNES, before Crystal Shards, I thought Adeleline was a boy! :laugh:

What I said:
Little Question is that the only "argument" you guys can use?
Also....Adeleline is a artist not that unique.
Saying Stupid Waddle Dee thing regardless of knowing what it's called is just a bit rude..it's like me calling Adeleline stupid artist boy.
We are actually nicer than you rather than secretly trash talking you behind your back if you want to insult us come to our thread feel free.(http://smashboards.com/threads/band...im-on-smashbros-com-deelc-can-be-real.324430/)
Also at least read deeply into a character before you trash talk (Your using the generic "argument").

Why can't us and Adeleine supporters be friends...

Also somebody not gonna say who is being a fake supporter using the ever so popular "Generic Character"​

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
What I saw:

*Dashes off to go tattle tale on you to the Waddle Dee boards* :lick:

Geez, when I said "single vote" I was referring to the first vote that he'd see, not trying to say that Adeleine has got only one vote, I'm sure she has multiple!

I feel the same. Just don't tell the Bandana Dee thread I said that though, lol.

True, and I admire this sentiment. When speculation overlaps with want, when what's "likely" is what you want, rather than just what you expect, then you never really deserved to vote anyway. I admire character fanbases like Adeleines because the only thing that truly keeps them alive is the love for the character, rather than just a list of credentials and "relevance" ticked off by that character. Though I'd admit Adeleine being leaked and such a thing as Adeleine bandwagoners appearing would be quite amusing :laugh:

She's got more than just A single vote sure!
Anyways, with the way he buffed his precious Kirby characters in Brawl, he'd probably have a heyday~

I like Adeleine WAAAY better than that stupid Waddle Dee thing... it's just a common enemy! it's like asking for a Goomba to be playable wtf!?
Adeleine is much more unique~ :love:

FUN FACT: Back when I played SNES, before Crystal Shards, I thought Adeleline was a boy! :laugh:

What I said:
Little Question is that the only "argument" you guys can use?
Also....Adeleline is a artist not that unique.
Saying Stupid Waddle Dee thing regardless of knowing what it's called is just a bit rude..it's like me calling Adeleline stupid artist boy.
We are actually nicer than you rather than secretly trash talking you behind your back if you want to insult us come to our thread feel free.(http://smashboards.com/threads/band...im-on-smashbros-com-deelc-can-be-real.324430/)
Also at least read deeply into a character before you trash talk (Your using the generic "argument").

Why can't us and Adeleine supporters be friends...

Also somebody not gonna say who is being a fake supporter using the ever so popular "Generic Character"​
We are friends...I think, I mean I'm both a Bandana Dee and Adeleiene supporter :/
As for calling the BD fanbase stupid, I realize I've endorsed that message in that thread and apologize for doing so. While I do genuinely like Adeleine more than Bandana Dee, I wouldn't put down either character illegitimately.

If I'm a "fake" supporter in that Bandana Dee isn't the first choice for a Kirby character I'd go with then yeah, I guess you can call me that. But it doesn't mean I don't like Bandana Dee at all or am here to stealth hate on him. It's like DK fans who support both Dixie and K Rool yet have a preference towards one or the other. Using that analogy, I basically like both Adeleine and Bandana Dee but like Ado more than BD yet think BD is more likely than Ado, hence why I post here more, because honestly I'd rather we get even one character, BD or Ado or Marx or whatever, I don't care that deeply.

And true, the generic "argument" isn't really valid, in terms of dismissing the character's possibilities in Smash. But I don't see the problem if you're using that as a reason to dislike BD. I think that was the context that user said that in, or if not, I can at least attest that's what I meant.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
I quite like the idea of Bandana Dee being playable in SSB4. I love Kirby and wouldn't complain at all if he got a fourth character. Bandana Dee seems like the best possible choice for a fourth Kirby character as well. I hope it happens. Anyway, some people theorize that the Waddle Dee from Kirby 64 and Bandana Dee could be one and the same. Could that have been Bandana Dee before he got his...well, Bandana? I know this has nothing to do with SSB4, but I thought it was interesting enough to think about. Anyway, Bandana Dee for DLC would be great!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
You guys take this Bandana Dee support thing too much seriously, it's not a war.
I already tried more than once to be friend with you, though, you can't pretend that I start liking a character that I don't like.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
You guys take this Bandana Dee support thing too much seriously, it's not a war.
I already tried more than once to be friend with you, though, you can't pretend that I start liking a character that I don't like.
That is apparently true. Even when someone states they like Bandana Dee but like someone better. I understand senerios like the Magolor incident to get defensive but still.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I like Ado I just don't see her as rep material. I like the Kirby series a lot and I want to see someone with real relevance and star power. I also want a character that will be a likely pick for the smash series in general. Other wise, I doubt Kirby will really get a new rep outside of the 3 main characters already being there. Bandana Dee is more important as of recent and been around. I think He's the best pick and closest option for a rep. I also think he's cute, strong, a classic species, and featured in my favorite titles.

Sorry but the only thread I visit regularly is Bandana Dee's on here. I think it's interesting, because BDee is so popular as a Kirby rep, how other Kirby rep supporters somehow end up in here talking about characters like Magolor and Ado being better and not wanting BDee. Which is fine but I don't go to their threads talking about how BDee is better because I don't care what's going on in there.

This is the character I care about and the thread I go to and if you com here you will get rebuttals to your points about your reps because it's obvious. I wouldn't say there's any war going on. I feel like both sides have to care. I rarely even see us talk about these other reps until people come poping in to be like "What about this guy instead" or "I don't really support this guy cause..."

and it's like okay whatever, go to your rep's thread, lol.

Also I'm getting annoyed with the boring comments coming in from people who are misinformed than demand we give them reasons WHY BDee is worthy, and we've been supporting this thread for months since before smash release. Our mods and supporters have listed a variety of moveset ideas, a great informative main post, and rebuttals to common arguments. It's to the point that I don't even respond to these demands anymore. Do your own work.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
yo bro thats fine we are not trying to change anyones mind well maybe a few of us but hey you like some one you like some one you dislike some one you dislike them it's all good we all may have characters we want in smash and don't like at the end of the day we all love SSB and it's a game we can all have fun with right? and if anyone did try to force you to do vote for bandana Dee even though you don't like him I apologize for anything bad we have done. Other than that Happy smashing

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't feel like I've ever seen anyone be rude to Iko Matter, lol. Just because people disagree with you doesn't = rudeness. It means they don't agree about the same character. I've never read someone call you an idiot, and asshole, tell you to **** off, etc. I've seen no one attack you personally. Just engage in discussion about why each other reps are most likely and why. Which is the sort of discussion I'd expect on these here smash boards, lol. Like if that's considered too "rude" than I dunno. I guess this whole place is rude, cause there sure is descent, speculation, and preferences all over this place.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You're still welcome to drop and chat whenever you want. :b: You don't have to pretend.

:231:

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Nah we are fine with you, It's that we were getting insulted behind our backs. I felt that since us in Smashboards don't attack your guys hopes and dreams why should you guys. I actually came to your thread to see whats up see how the support is going but came to see a load of trash talk. BTW What's with the bad blood between us and Ado supporters?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Nah we are fine with you, It's that we were getting insulted behind our backs. I felt that since us in Smashboards don't attack your guys hopes and dreams why should you guys. I actually came to your thread to see whats up see how the support is going but came to see a load of trash talk. BTW What's with the bad blood between us and Ado supporters?
WHAT BAD BLOOD? lol.

Honestly I'm getting tired of this civil culture nonsense where no one can ever say "I don't think your character is likely" in discussion over characters being likely for smash without seeming *GASP* "RUUUUUDEEE"

It's counter productive to discussions imo

I guess some of us saying we don't think Ado is likely is what's making us seem rude to them and thus a "war".

I don't believe there's any war going on. This thread just spent the last page mostly on puns.

lol yeah a war... and this is our army, lol.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Lol, I don't think any of us Ado supporters think he's more likely than BD, or at least I don't. Most support is due to the character itself, rather than their track record.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
can we please DEEssolve the situation please and go back to Bandana Dee
Okay, so...

...Was bringing back Dreamland 64 a bad idea (considering it's a Battlefield clone)? That is to say, should we have got a different Kirby stage instead, like Green Greens or Fountain of Dream?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Okay, so...

So was bringing back Dreamland 64 a bad idea (considering it's a Battlefield clone)? That is to say, should we have got a different Kirby stage instead, like Green Greens or Fountain of Dream?

I prefer fountain of dreams. One of the most beautiful stages in smash history.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Okay, so...

...Was bringing back Dreamland 64 a bad idea (considering it's a Battlefield clone)? That is to say, should we have got a different Kirby stage instead, like Green Greens or Fountain of Dream?

Battlefield is not a Kirby stage tho.
Therefore Dreamland 64 was worth it.

D

Deleted member

Whispy Woods is not on Battlefield, and bigger is better, so Ridley confirmed Dreamland 64 > all.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
can we please DEEssolve the situation please and go back to Bandana Dee
Dangit you had I not been in the shower I would have said that (or something similar). Anybody here talented at drawing we really could get some type of meme out there for good ol' Bandanna (and no I can't draw look how terrible that Kirby is.)
<-------------

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I would rather have Fountain of Dreams than Dreamland 64 though, to experience that sweet 8 player reflection lag.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Actually I'm a strong supporter of Bandana Dee in Smash 4, I'm only stating an opinion. No need to get so worked up about it.
lol you go into a bdee thread stating simply "I prefer this character for your character" and expected no response what's so ever eh? It's not like I care if you like Daroach more. That's fine. However that post couldn't be more bait material if it was attached to an image of a hook & worms.

Anyway cool 2 cents.

Let's continue the discussion on stages now.

I would rather have Fountain of Dreams than Dreamland 64 though, to experience that sweet 8 player reflection lag.
LOL omg I had not considered this. 4 player option only please

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
lol you go into a bdee thread stating simply "I prefer this character for your character" and expected no response what's so ever eh? It's not like I care if you like Daroach more. That's fine. However that post couldn't be more bait material if it was attached to an image of a hook & worms.

Anyway cool 2 cents.

Let's continue the discussion on stages now.

LOL omg I had not considered this. 4 player option only please
We wouldn't want our frame rate to get DEEstroyed

Sounds degrading hearing you say you rather have a character not that relevant anymore rather than a more recent one HOWEVER I respect your opinion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys,Guys,Guys! come down man I've been gone for two minutes and this is what happens SMH - _ - now let's come down for a moment and take a minute to worship our lord and savoir...Morton Koopa Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Guys,Guys,Guys! come down man I've been gone for two minutes and this is what happens SMH - _ - now let's come down for a moment and take a minute to worship our lord and savoir...Morton Koopa Jr.
This what happens when we stop talking about Bandana Dee. STUFF LIKE THIS!

D

Deleted member

Ok I'm sorry here let me make it up to all of you....by listening to Kirby cute voice :3

All forgiven?

Troykv

Smash Master
ALL THE WAY DEEDEESERIOUS (?)

I want to have both chars <3

Top Bottom