• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Okay, so...

...Was bringing back Dreamland 64 a bad idea (considering it's a Battlefield clone)? That is to say, should we have got a different Kirby stage instead, like Green Greens or Fountain of Dream?

:231:
I don't think it was a bad idea. Then again, we've had our share of Battlefield clones in Smash (Dream Land 64, Yoshi's Story, now Miiverse, and even Fountain of Dreams).

I am fine with Dream Land 64 returning; it's a pretty good competitive stage. However, I think that Fountain of Dreams should have returned on the Wii U version. I would have easily taken Fountain of Dreams over The Great Cave Offensive.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I KNOW that one of these slots are going to go to Bandana Dee, we can basically come to the conclusion that's true, but I do have a question, what will the last one be? I think it's probably King K. Rool but I don't care, I'm just happy with Bandana Dee!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I KNOW that one of these slots are going to go to Bandana Dee, we can basically come to the conclusion that's true, but I do have a question, what will the last one be? I think it's probably King K. Rool but I don't care, I'm just happy with Bandana Dee!
There are no guarantees for a new Kirby character just because a popular stage from the franchise is returning, especially when said stage doesn't have anything to do with Bandana Dee in relation to the Kirby franchise. Don't get your hopes up; all you do is set yourself up for disappointment. Bandana Dee only has a chance of getting in for being the most important/relevant Kirby character outside of Smash, and by proving his popularity in the Smash Ballot.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There are no guarantees for a new Kirby character just because a popular stage from the franchise is returning, especially when said stage doesn't have anything to do with Bandana Dee in relation to the Kirby franchise. Don't get your hopes up; all you do is set yourself up for disappointment. Bandana Dee only has a chance of getting in for being the most important/relevant Kirby character outside of Smash, and by proving his popularity in the Smash Ballot.
You have to stop, the stage has to do with Bandana Dee because it's based off his first game, Kirby Super Star and plus, it's Sakurai's character! I've posted screenshots, counter arguements, you need to stop...

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
but what if he is pre-ballot determined like ryu ?
so new profile pic

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to talk about the potential mechanics of Bandana Dee's spear? No other character has had a spear before and it has the potential to be a very interesting weapon. If it works like a real spear, Bandana Dee could have a tipper like Marth but much more extreme. He may end up being an extremely precision based character.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anyone want to talk about the potential mechanics of Bandana Dee's spear? No other character has had a spear before and it has the potential to be a very interesting weapon. If it works like a real spear, Bandana Dee could have a tipper like Marth but much more extreme. He may end up being an extremely precision based character.
He could be like Marth but he could have more reach because of his spear!

YourSoulmate

Smash Rookie
I lurk this thread a lot, and I will probably continue to only lurk, but I wanted to share my support! He is my #1 pick!

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
He could be like Marth but he could have more reach because of his spear!
The tipper could be similar to Marth but I think he could require even more precision because the tipper hitbox would be very the head of the spear during a thrust rather than Marth's long sweeping motions with his sword. I can imagine Bandana Dee trying to stay in the air a lot while spacing with forward aerials to prod at his opponents and keep them away. This could work well if he gets a projectile since it would force the opponent to approach into tipper range.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
When Dedede is on the Dreamland 64 stage, Bandana Dee takes over the cameo. "Leave it to me!"
I saw the Reddit post that said Dreamland might be coming back. What surprises me is that everyone is taking it seriously despite all the fake leaks we've had recently.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I saw the Reddit post that said Dreamland might be coming back. What surprises me is that everyone is taking it seriously despite all the fake leaks we've had recently.
Once again, I'm 100% sure that Bandana Dee's on the way! Watch this video!

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
The files were found in the game, it was not just a normal fake leak.
It's still good to be skeptical. Everyone thought the Rayman leak was real until to was revealed to be one of the most elaborate fake leaks to far. For all we know, the files might not even be from the game. I'm not trying to accuse shinyquagsire23 of anything, I just think all leaks should be taken with a grain of salt.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
It's still good to be skeptical. Everyone thought the Rayman leak was real until to was revealed to be one of the most elaborate fake leaks to far. For all we know, the files might not even be from the game. I'm not trying to accuse shinyquagsire23 of anything, I just think all leaks should be taken with a grain of salt.
that is a true fact

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Multiple people confirmed the files were indeed there, including pushdustin, who uncovered the Rhythm Heaven emblem

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
That the first time I've seen that. I'd still like to know if you all hate me for not liking your character the most though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That the first time I've seen that. I'd still like to know if you all hate me for not liking your character the most though.
pfft, no one is that dumb! You should see the K.Rool and Dixie fanbases, they tend to get along, K.Rool fans don't mind Dixie and want her too, while Dixie fans realized "Holy **** we can vote for K.Rool"

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well then their are other places to discuss that, you don't need to do it here. At least you were nicer than, "Cough" "Cough" other people. But still, it's okay! We don't hate you!:kirby:

Last edited:
Top Bottom