• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
If Dreamland 64 does end up coming back, what music would you guys like to see on it? Personally I'd like to have Kabula's theme. I think it would be a great song to fight to.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I personally would prefer a new stage instead of DreamLand 64 :ohwell:
But if we're talking about music all I want is Moonstruck Blossom :drflip:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Hii~~ :kirby2:

Can you guys enlighten me on why you like this Waddle Dee thingy so much?
I dont get it. :ohwell:
I seriously dont! I'm really not trying to be offensive here, I just wanna understand more about this character and why you guys like him so much.

@ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure kinda invited me over to talk about it, but I dont wanna argue about it, I just wanna learn :)

I like the Kirby games just as much as any of you (well maybe not all of you) so lets get along :kirby::kirby::kirby:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I seriously dont! I'm really not trying to be offensive here, I just wanna understand more about this character and why you guys like him so much.

@ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure kinda invited me over to talk about it, but I dont wanna argue about it, I just wanna learn :)

I like the Kirby games just as much as any of you (well maybe not all of you) so lets get along :kirby::kirby::kirby:
Go to the first page!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

The first page has all the info glad you came guns down :D

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I like Waddle Dee because he's adorable and has a lot of potential as a character. There has yet to be a spear wielding character in smash and I think it's a really interesting concept. I also want more Kirby representation.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I actually love battlefield so I'm not opposed to Dreamland 64 per se.... BUT like many, I'd have been more impressed with an all new modern stage for the Kirby franchise.

The Lor Starcutter traveling through space, the Dreamstalk, Sectonia's palace... all interesting ideas.

I also think Fountain of Dreams is prettier than Dreamland 64 but maybe if it comes back they'll graphically revamp it big time? I dunno.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

He is cute, an Underdog and for some reason I always liked characters that are like just a generic enemy but NOT a generic enemy, it makes the species feel more like a species and less like just some filler
Also he has some crazy swag :p

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::011:Now that I think about it, with all the other franchises getting new characters, Bandana Dees chances of getting in are greater than I thought.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Okay, so I get he's not just another random Waddle Dee now, I was mistaken. ^^'
He's somehow important to the series, but how really?

I remember playing Kirby Super Star way back in the day (I guess that was him in that mingame) But I've never played Return to Dreamland...

I get that it's cute, which doesnt hurt it at all... and... he has a spear and you guys really like spears?

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

I remember playing Kirby Super Star way back in the day (I guess that was him in that mingame) But I've never played Return to Dreamland...

I get that it's cute, which doesnt hurt it at all... and... he has a spear and you guys really like spears?
No it's that he's becoming a major character in the series being included in every picture with Meta Knight and Dedede

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

He's a main Character from the Kirby Series, like Meta Knight and Dedede :p

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

I remember playing Kirby Super Star way back in the day (I guess that was him in that mingame) But I've never playe Return to Dreamland...

He's part of the story in KSSU's Revenge of the King, depicted as the loyal and dependable right-hand man to King Dedede. He's a playable character in Return to Dreamland. He still accompanies Dedede but has also befriended Kirby at this time. Meaning he still has a role in the kingdom as spear captain to Dedede and now is a returning ally to Kirby. He helps Kirby in Triple Deluxe by handling streetpass and throwing items. In Rainbow Curse he's basically the only returning character present other than Kirby. He gets copies made of him and continues to aid Kirby.

He's also had cameos in other games like Mass Attack and Dream Collection.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

He's no ordinary spear weilder, in fact, he can do some crazy things with his spear. He's one of the more recurring characters in the Kirby franchise, and he's also one of the most beloved. Also it's said that the same Waddle Dee from Kirby 64 is Bandana Dee!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
He's no ordinary spear weilder, in fact, he can do some crazy things with his spear. He's one of the more recurring characters in the Kirby franchise, and he's also one of the most beloved. Also it's said that the same Waddle Dee from Kirby 64 is Bandana Dee!
It's not said anywhere that the waddle dee in K64 is Bandana Waddle Dee. That's just speculation from fans but it's not implied as so in the games or stated anywhere. Personally I don't think so. Mostly because it's never been stated in canon and he's not ever depicted as a spear weilder. Some people like to think he is which is fine but it's not really known.

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021

His importance is really in the fact in that he is one of the only character that hasn't been abandoned after 1 game (like drawcia, sectonia, marx)

We think the spear would be a really interesting weapon for a unique moveset

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I think I'll have to play Return to Dream Land and the "Ultra" version of Super Star one day to ever fully understand the appeal of this character.

Some people think Sakurai has "over-repped" his own series like Kirby and the new Kid Icarus but I dont mind us having another one of those characters at all~

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Everytime I play in the Great Cave Offensive Stage (Omega Form obviously XD) and "The Adventure Begins" starts I'm like:

Why, Sakurai? WHY?

Top Bottom