• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I'm back. I was busy. So I took a look at those leaks... Why do I get the feeling it's fake? I want it to be real because that can improve Bandana Dee's chances of getting in, but a part of me is disappointed. I know how this goes down: Everyone's excited. New Nintendo Direct. Leak confirmed fake.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Was about to edit the Rundas thread, scrolling through the CD boards, saw the thread was popping, thought I'd pop in. What's up, Bandanna Boyz?

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Was about to edit the Rundas thread, scrolling through the CD boards, saw the thread was popping, thought I'd pop in. What's up, Bandanna Boyz?
Double Post
Double Post part 2

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's supposed to be a fight in Classic Mode and the game oddly took them to Battlefield instead of Dream Land. It's assumed that this is a placeholder for Dream Land 64.
But it's not just that! Sonic's in the battle despite not being a Kirby character. The same thing that's happening with the stage is happening with Sonic. You see, the game thinks you bought the DLC but you didn't, so it substitutes it with a random character, that character (at least in this case) being Sonic.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
But it's not just that! Sonic's in the battle despite not being a Kirby character. The same thing that's happening with the stage is happening with Sonic. You see, he game thinks you bought the DLC but you didn't, so it substitutes it with a random character, that character (at least in this case) being Sonic.
Then that could mean... More Kirby and Sonic fighters?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I actually doubt Bandana Dee will get a lot of hate, and if he gets some, I don't care because a lot of newcomers got hate and nobody cares.

:4villager: "Why? Nobody wanted this, where is my Mewtwo?!"
:4wiifit: "Seriously? SERIOUSLY?"
:rosalina: "What? Space Peach? She is so unimportant"
:4palutena: "Sakurai is so biased, she was not needed and just look at that fan service!"
:4mii: "So generic and stupid"
:4pacman: "Pac-Man? He is not close to Nintendo, get out of my Smash!"
:4robinm: "Who?"
:4shulk:"Oh great, another unknown anime character"
:4duckhunt: "Who wanted this?"
:4bowserjr: "I wanted a paintbrush moveset!!! And also ... more Mario characters? Staph Sakurai!"
:4lucina::4darkpit: "Muh characters slots!"
Ehh

I wouldn't say Villager was hated, and the hate for Robin was because people wanted Chrom. Shulk was also positively received, but I get the main point overall. perfectionist :'c

If BD gets any hate though, it'll probably be "sakurai bias!!".

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Sakurai bias is a bad excuse. Super Smash Bros. is partially named after Super Mario Bros., in every character cutscene Mario is portrayed as the main character, Mario has the most reps, the most stages, most remixes. If anything he's biased to Mario, now.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Sakurai bias is a bad excuse. Super Smash Bros. is partially named after Super Mario Bros., in every character cutscene Mario is portrayed as the main character, Mario has the most reps, the most stages, most remixes. If anything he's biased to Mario, now.
Well, Mario IS kinda like the flagship series to Nintendo and the reason why SSB exist in the first place. He would be kinda stupid not give Mario a lot of attention. Plus, Miyamoto works with Sakurai on the games, so of course they'll be lots of Mario.
Say what is everyone opinion on Sakurai?
You cannot grasp the complexities and dimensions of Sakurai's personality and thoughts enough to form a proper opinion on him...

Troykv

Smash Master
Mario = Nintendo for all the People

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

MY EYES!

Oh yeah, I also changed my picture, because our old one's were SO last month.
yNkdx5.gif

Ehh

I wouldn't say Villager was hated, and the hate for Robin was because people wanted Chrom. Shulk was also positively received, but I get the main point overall. perfectionist :'c

I have friends who said those things.
I'm talking about normal people, not hardcore Smash fans.
Normal people don't even know who Chrom is.

Also, I don't know if this is normal, but I had a dream about Smash XDDD
It was a nightmare.
In my dream, Sakurai included Magolor as the newcomer and Bandana Dee as a background character.
It was similar to the Robin/Chrom situation, because Magolor has more "moveset potential" than Bandana Dee.
I liked Magolor, but I was really, REALLY dissapointed.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Mario isn't in because of bias. Sakurai was basically told to put Mario into his fighting game idea which was originally going to be a new IP. Because Nintendo loves putting Mario into anything so as to play it safe with new gameplay ideas. For instance, Nintendo making a Mario Puzzles & Dragons Z. He's probably told to put in more Mario because 1. Mario is the main flagship nintendo franchise 2. Mario is very popular, 3 mario characters and stages are safe choices as well.

My opinion about Sakurai is.... I don't exactly 100% like ALL his ideas but I still think he's a genius. HE KNOWS FUN MULTIPLAYER. Even though I wasn't into KI:Uprising single player as much as others, his multplayer for that game was GREAT FUN, City Trial mode was an all new idea and concept for a racing game and that is a cult classic mode, fun co-op with a variety of moves achieved by becoming any of the various helpers in KSS, AND the smash brothers series itself. HE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE PLAYING WITH OTHERS ADDICTIVE AND FUN. He is creative, out of the box, and a risk taker. When he worked on KSS he threw out the linear gameplay idea and wasn't afraid to break the game up into different gameplay styles that gave us unique gamepay progression in a new way. He wasn't afraid to change what could be done with racing in karts back when every other game was mostly just reaching the end of the track.

Say what you will of Sakurai but that's just how his track record is. It's why I miss him making Kirby game tbh. He's really the only director in the whole series to do something as bold as he did in KSS. The rest of the Kirby games are all good but standard experiences where there's a main mode, a few mini games, and never really a switch up in the entire gameplay. Which is fine and games like RtDL and Triple Deluxe were great regardless but there's that boldness gone ya know?

Also Sakurai is cute. <3

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mario isn't in because of bias. Sakurai was basically told to put Mario into his fighting game idea which was originally going to be a new IP. Because Nintendo loves putting Mario into anything so as to play it safe with new gameplay ideas. For instance, Nintendo making a Mario Puzzles & Dragons Z. He's probably told to put in more Mario because 1. Mario is the main flagship nintendo franchise 2. Mario is very popular, 3 mario characters and stages are safe choices as well.
False, Sakurai was the one who made it with Nintendo characters and showed a prototype which included Mario, Link, Samus and Kirby, Nintendo liked the prototype and approved

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
False, Sakurai was the one who made it with Nintendo characters and showed a prototype which included Mario, Link, Samus and Kirby, Nintendo liked the prototype and approved
Pretty sure I had read somewhere that it was originally suppose to be "Dragon King: The Fighting Game" Than again it still doesn't negate the other points about Mario being the main Nintendo franchise, safe, and popular..

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Source? Wikipedia says it's Mario, DK, Samus and Fox(and the source for that is apparently some magazine which can't be traced).

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
A HUGE hypocrite (Then again we don't know what goes down in the office), A genius, A overworker, a bit bias. But a great person.

The recent 5 slots discovered makes me scared tho they could add more + we got a better chance seeing there is a new Kirby stage and they didn't have a reason to add it. Lets just cross our fingers

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Source? Wikipedia says it's Mario, DK, Samus and Fox(and the source for that is apparently some magazine which can't be traced).
Could have sworn it was Kirby and Link...Oh well
Pretty sure I had read somewhere that it was originally suppose to be "Dragon King: The Fighting Game" Than again it still doesn't negate the other points about Mario being the main Nintendo franchise, safe, and popular..
Sakurai secretly changed it to smash to boost sales

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Then that could mean... More Kirby and Sonic fighters?
Well it seems more like we'll be getting a Kirby character more than a Sonic character, but I never thought of that! Maybe, but since the game was tricked into thinking it was a Kirby character it could more likely be the latter.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Alright guys, I just found out that this is my last day with Internet. ;( I'll probably get it back in the Summer. Maybe I'll go to the library, but I'll find other ways to communicate. I will still support the Dee!

Flameduck

Smash Cadet
Other characters other than the series icon can appear in Classic battles so Sonic may not be much of a big deal. Plus, Battlefield is the go-to stage for 14 placeholders (7 omega 7 normal) and I'm not sure if Sonic would be a placeholder.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ehh

Honestly though, were there people who wanted chrom? I thought it was just people who jumped on the gematsu bandwagon

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
An awesome game designer, a genius, a crazy man and a troll
Also, he has the smartest cat ever and a wife

She is called Michiko Sakurai, and yes, Sakurai is married
Sorry @ kirby_queen kirby_queen
If Duck hunt can get in, so can Bandana Dee!! Bandanadites unite!
WHY DUCK HUNT?
WE TALKED ABOUT THIS ALREADY
LIKE THREE TIMES! :crazy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom