• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Maikou

Smash Ace
What is interesting is that after you download Mewtwo, there is space for three characters more on the 3Ds roster. But the Wii U roster only has space for one character after downloading Mewtwo. This may mean that slots will have nothing to do with how many characters we get.
"slots" have never really existed in Smash, at least not in the context of "how many characters we get". Really, we could throw in a heck of a lot of fighters and still make a simple system to select any of them.

At this rate, I'm really hoping this is all true, concerning Roy and Ryu. I'm not exactly all like "OMGHYPEZLAWLOMFGLMAOROFL" for Ryu, but I'm not gonna blow up over his presence. Roy, I AM excited over. I know I've said this before, but I need to say it again. I don't care if Roy is still a clone or not, I'm happy to have him back. Moveset clones still have their differences, they're just not as different as completely different movesets. Though I do hope he's decloned, at least now that he actually has a canon to take from. I know it's never gonna happen because Roy's game isn't officially localized, but I really want to hear him in English. I'm still waiting for Smash Marth to speak English as well. It really freaking needs to happen.

In the meantime, beware Villager in Classic Mode. His axe, Psycho Helswath, with BREAK YOU.
W-what.....the.......

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
There's a /# that you need to remove. Just follow the link and then delete the extra /# and you'll go there. The first one is the normal Triple Deluxe boss music. The second is the.......weird one.
Here the so called d weird one

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I really hope Bandana Dee gets in but he'll get MAJOR backlash (whose opinions i dont care for) and might get Nintendo threatened (yes there are psychos like this) anyway I got a new avatar for everyone getting new avs

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
What is interesting is that after you download Mewtwo, there is space for three characters more on the 3Ds roster. But the Wii U roster only has space for one character after downloading Mewtwo. This may mean that slots will have nothing to do with how many characters we get.

Slots never existed in Smash, I find really stupid when people say stuff like: "Hey there's enough space for only 5 characters more"
They can make a second page, they can make smaller slots, also the Wii U and 3DS version have different ways of organizing the roster, so it's impossible to predict :facepalm:

But in an unrelated note, I find kinda funny that a lot of persons are changing avatars just because me :awesome:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I really hope Bandana Dee gets in but he'll get MAJOR backlash (whose opinions i dont care for) and might get Nintendo threatened (yes there are psychos like this) anyway I got a new avatar for everyone getting new avs
tbh every newcomer character has probably had backlash at some point. I mean Pac-Man had blacklash which astounded me... like he is a gaming pop culture icon so immense at the time that people don't even realize the level of merchandise and mainstream success the icon has had.... that pretty much warrants a spot... young people backlash? lol. older characters always get backlack too because people have no idea either what game they are from or think all old things are irrelevant even though such icons are the reason Nintendo continued to strive.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Slots never existed in Smash, I find really stupid when people say stuff like: "Hey there's enough space for only 5 characters more"
They can make a second page, they can make smaller slots, also the Wii U and 3DS version have different ways of organizing the roster, so it's impossible to predict :facepalm:

But in an unrelated note, I find kinda funny that a lot of persons are changing avatars just because me :awesome:
That is definitely true about the slots. I think people just don't like to think about the possibility that the devs just add whoever they are able to add within the time they have, and thats the end of it.

As for the 5 characters, that bit has credit, if you actually paid attention to the past few posts... five placeholder marios were found in the game through datamining, after mewtwo. That suggests five characters. Beyond that however, is speculation. Those five could be just pre-ballot characters. There is also no way of knowing if thats all, as as I have speculated myself, more placeholders could be added as we get more balance and patch updates for new DLC fighters that get set up.. We have no way of predicting whats gonna happen, thats for sure.

tbh every newcomer character has probably had backlash at some point. I mean Pac-Man had blacklash which astounded me... like he is a gaming pop culture icon so immense at the time that people don't even realize the level of merchandise and mainstream success the icon has had.... that pretty much warrants a spot... young people backlash? lol. older characters always get backlack too because people have no idea either what game they are from or think all old things are irrelevant even though such icons are the reason Nintendo continued to strive.
Couldn't agree more

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
That is definitely true about the slots. I think people just don't like to think about the possibility that the devs just add whoever they are able to add within the time they have, and thats the end of it.

As for the 5 characters, that bit has credit, if you actually paid attention to the past few posts... five placeholder marios were found in the game through datamining, after mewtwo. That suggests five characters. Beyond that however, is speculation. Those five could be just pre-ballot characters. There is also no way of knowing if thats all, as as I have speculated myself, more placeholders could be added as we get more balance and patch updates for new DLC fighters that get set up.. We have no way of predicting whats gonna happen, thats for sure.
The 5 characters were just an example, I wasn't refering to the ones from the leak
Those are probably just characters pre-ballot that we're most likely gonna get on E3 :ohwell:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair people had good reason why they didn't want pac-man in the game

very.....very.....good reasons.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

oh ya. that pacman... i don't know why people wanted this one over the classic... there were a few.... the design is modern and all just..... no....

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I actually doubt Bandana Dee will get a lot of hate, and if he gets some, I don't care because a lot of newcomers got hate and nobody cares.

:4villager: "Why? Nobody wanted this, where is my Mewtwo?!"
:4wiifit: "Seriously? SERIOUSLY?"
:rosalina: "What? Space Peach? She is so unimportant"
:4palutena: "Sakurai is so biased, she was not needed and just look at that fan service!"
:4mii: "So generic and stupid"
:4pacman: "Pac-Man? He is not close to Nintendo, get out of my Smash!"
:4robinm: "Who?"
:4shulk:"Oh great, another unknown anime character"
:4duckhunt: "Who wanted this?"
:4bowserjr: "I wanted a paintbrush moveset!!! And also ... more Mario characters? Staph Sakurai!"
:4lucina::4darkpit: "Muh characters slots!"

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

Sorry that's not a good reason. We saw what the smash team did with Megaman. You should have never doubted them. Than Pac-man was shown and they proved they were capable yet again. (at least where the model design is concerned. Kirby also looks a lot better in this game compared to Brawl imo)

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Sorry that's not a good reason. We saw what the smash team did with Megaman. You should have never doubted them. Than Pac-man was shown and they proved they were capable yet again. (at least where the model design is concerned. Kirby also looks a lot better in this game compared to Brawl imo)
In brawl, the theme was a realistic, slightly desaturated look. That sort of thing doesn't help a pink puffball like kirby.. nor a lot of the other characters for that matter. To me, that theme just didn't really fit most of the cast... save for maybe the Fire emblem characters, Samus and Snake. lol

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
In brawl, the theme was a realistic, slightly desaturated look. That sort of thing doesn't help a pink puffball like kirby.. nor a lot of the other characters for that matter. To me, that theme just didn't really fit most of the cast... save for maybe the Fire emblem characters, Samus and Snake. lol
Yeah I feel the characters look a lot better ins smash4 imo. I think it helps that Kirby is also a little bit more expressive. I mean I get that he looks oblivious most of the time because he's a cute and simple puff whose a baby, but I like to see him smiling when he jumps and react more when he's hit and basically more overall expression other than the (- ' . ' - ) face always. His face design also looks better. He's infinitely more adorable.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

Just for some comparation purposes, notice how Toon Link is dirty blond in Brawl and Mario had freakin jean overalls! xD

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Remember the green and yellow arrows data mined from the 3DS version? The Wii U version will be cramped for space after Lucas's release since no more slots will be left on the custom CSS without a major downsize, and I already have a hard time reading "Zero Suit Samus" and "Wii Fit Trainer". The DLC will likely be added to the roster next to Mewtwo, and the rest of the roster that is forced to the right (including DLC characters) will be found by scrolling over using the yellow arrow, and to go back to the left you would use the green arrow. Also, the 1% chance that Bandana Dee will make it in as pre-planned DLC thanks to the 2 extra Mario placeholders and the Dreamland stage hypes me, even if I know that stages don't confirm characters.
Do you want anymore confirmation on Bandana Dee than possible, here!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Okay. You could have said that a tiny bit nicer. I was just stating what I thought. (By the way the Wii U roster looks incomplete, and it's bothering me.)

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Brawl was like Smash Bros Twilight Princess.
Sooo... would that make this game Skyward Smash? lol

Well, I just wanted to state that slots never existed, sorry if I sounded rude :facepalm:
What can we say? You can't accurately convey tone through text. XD

I know I've probably came off rude in posts before, when I was only being informative.. lol

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I actually doubt Bandana Dee will get a lot of hate, and if he gets some, I don't care because a lot of newcomers got hate and nobody cares.

:4villager: "Why? Nobody wanted this, where is my Mewtwo?!"
:4wiifit: "Seriously? SERIOUSLY?"
:rosalina: "What? Space Peach? She is so unimportant"
:4palutena: "Sakurai is so biased, she was not needed and just look at that fan service!"
:4mii: "So generic and stupid"
:4pacman: "Pac-Man? He is not close to Nintendo, get out of my Smash!"
:4robinm: "Who?"
:4shulk:"Oh great, another unknown anime character"
:4duckhunt: "Who wanted this?"
:4bowserjr: "I wanted a paintbrush moveset!!! And also ... more Mario characters? Staph Sakurai!"
:4lucina::4darkpit: "Muh characters slots!"
You forgot the part where x character replaced their character. XD

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Sooo... would that make this game Skyward Smash? lol

What can we say? You can't accurately convey tone through text. XD

I know I've probably came off rude in posts before, when I was only being informative.. lol
we need a new symbol to show our tone of voice hell they made a symbol for sarcasm it looks like is the @ and ? had a baby.
But I digress all we can do now is just wait and hope for much more info to come in the future

Top Bottom